Customize

Hitman in the name of Scientology

Discussion in 'Media' started by oblomoloko, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oblomoloko Member

Hitman in the name of Scientology

This is an article from the Dutch newspaper "De Volkskrant" today. I translated it using Google Translation and tried to fix the grammar a bit, but it's still crappy. You'll get the point though: A guy killes to support Scientology

2. Thundersalmon Member

Re: Hitman in the name of Scientology

I do not read dutch, sadly. and I see that this is the first thread for this Anon.
    This is a huge footbullet for Co$, but my common sense is tingling. can anyone back this up?
  3. Re: Hitman in the name of Scientology

Why am I not surprised at the spokesperson's "NOTHING TO DO WITH SCIENTOLOGY! NOW GTFO!" comments.

Not very good news for dutch scifags.
  4. Anoniemert Member

whoa...
    I do read dutch and can confirm the contents of the article as actually being in the article.

Pretty good for a google translation btw.
  5. Re: Hitman in the name of Scientology

(Maybe he should have teamed up with that James guy.)

"Prepare for trouble!
    Make it double!
    To protect the world from devastation
    To unite all peoples within our nation
    To denounce the evils of truth and love
    To extend our reach to the stars above
    Jessie!
    James!
    Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!
    Surrender now, or prepare to fight!
    Meowth, dat's right!
    "
  6. MollyBloom Member

I had a huge moment of deja vu reading this, didn't we have this thread already or something like it?
  7. SamuelAdams Member

What's is Jesse R.'s full last name? It might be fun to do a Scientology search on him.
  8. anon14048 Member

This provided me with lulz.
  9. oblomoloko Member

[XXXXXXX]. In The Netherlands it's illegal to give a suspects full name, so discretion is advised...

mod edit: If it's illegal, let's not do it. We'll just call him 'J. Remmer', 'k?
  10. Puddlewhite Member

Footbullet is footbullet is footbullet is footbullet is footbullet is footbulletis footbullet.
    Dutchfags will have a field day with this.
  11. indeedindeed Member

bizarre.

Maybe he would have acted the same way if he had not been a scientologist and would then have found another explanation for his behaviour.
  12. Re: Hitman in the name of Scientology

Any group that claims to be a religion can cast off people like this pretty easily. Every group has their fanatics, their zealots, etc.

HOWEVER, this is a new spin on the subject, since most religions kill "evildoers" or "sinners," they never kill (innocent?) people in order to gain wealth from them for their "religion".
  13. Re: Hitman in the name of Scientology

this is debatable. I'm not sure one of the motives is better than the other, anyway.
  14. Re: Hitman in the name of Scientology

I wouldn't say one is better than the other. I'm merely attempting to find a hole in the obvious rebuttal by the "church."

COS: "Blah blah blah, we don't condone such extraordinary measures acted out in the name of our faith, blah blah blah".

Joe Public: "Yeh...but! This killer aimed to take wealth from his targets in order to give it to the church. Almost like a sociopathic Robin Hood. Now, why would a person feel compelled to go to such lengths to fund his church?"

COS: "Uh... Um... Look over there, a bomb threat!"
  15. Puddlewhite Member

One way or another, we can use this on a regional lvl. Its the same as with the Manson-$cientology connection. Sadly, the genneral public wont be intereted if you go into extreem details about how unfair the tax-exempt status of the CoS, but a flashy phrase like ''James Manson left $cientology for being too weird'' will get their interest up.
  16. moose Member

Jesse Remmers and his companion Peter la Serpe.
    He had a started an organisation, Nofelon (yeah.. really :)
    Address: Schoener 311, 1186 VE, Amstelveen. tel. 0800 6633566

And that's about all the info we have :/
    However, there must be some record somewhere of the courses they have taken, and there must be ex-sci's somewhere who can tell to what level they were members of the CoS (however, i can understand it completely if they don't dare to talk about that... )
  17. MollyBloom Member

You mean Charles? Charlie? Chuckie?

:mrgreen:
  18. Mouseyhair Member

***ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EXTRA LULZ***

I just went out and bought a copy:
    - We have a rather large chunk of the front page, as well as the ENTIRE front page of the "extra" part of the paper.
    - There's a massive picture. Picture, yay!
    - The introduction on the front page is essential as well - here's a quick translation:

From there, it cuts to the front page of the second part of the paper, which is quoted in this thread's first post.
  19. deepthot42 Member

Criminal #1 "I killed them because my neighbor's dog said to! He kept barking and barking. So I bought myself a gun..."

Criminal #2 "I killed them because the church needs money. Saving the world is serious business. If you want to make an omelette..."

They are both crazy, but #2's insanity is in line with Scientology's principles.
    - Save the planet
    - Get money and more money
    - The body doesn't matter
    - WOGs are inferior
  20. flimbos Member

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  21. DarkSim Member

How the fuck can they claim he had nothing to do with the church?! Footbullet!
  22. oblomoloko Member

@flimbos: I'm really sorry to say that in the Google Video-clip in your profile Hans Beekman turns out to be the winner of the conversation...
  23. Daywatch Member

we need to be careful with this one
    it wreaks of tinfoilhattery and moonbatism

while most likely true it is so FANTASTIC that Joepublic will have a hard time getting his head around it

lets not push this one until more comes out
  24. ElRondo Member

Aren't the people who've blown always talking about how, to justify unethical/illegal actions, people in the Cult-o-$ always say "The greatest good for the greatest number of Dynamics"? Kind of an ends justify the means mentality?

Isn't that pretty much what this sociopath is saying when he said something along the lines of "if I help thousands, it doesn't matter if I killed hundreds"?
  25. Eff Member

It might be a mistake to make a big deal out of this. Note the quote, "Long before R. became fascinated by Scientology, he was already dangerous." The Scientology spokesperson says more than 'we don't condone that'; they say that neither one of the guys are members of the church or ever received services. If they are lying about that, then we can nail them as hard as we want for lying to save their asses. If they're not lying about it... isn't this kind of like slamming a video game maker because someone who was already violent and crazy shot up a school after playing their game?
  26. Daywatch Member

yes it exactly is
    we need to tread carefully on this one

let more info come out
  27. Plups Member

Nothing that I've read so far suggests to me that Scientology is responsible for this guy's crimes.

I'd like to know just how involved he was with Scientology (surely, surely, you have to have done some courses to be "the executive president of the Criminon Foundation Netherlands"). And how effective is their tech if they couldn't identify a psychopath?
  28. Re: Hitman in the name of Scientology

I'll be 100% honest here:

While this does play into Anons' hands, as a member of a minority faith that is very often misunderstood and maligned in the press, I can also completely believe that this guy was just a nutjob who had glommed onto Scientology and interpreted it his own fucked up way. There are real psychos out there who use religion (you pick one, it's been used) as an excuse for their crimes.

And really, reincarnation as a doctrine is accepted by pretty much every Eastern religion. So that aspect of Scientology is really not all that unique or kooky.

NOTE: NOT defending murdering-weirdo. NOT defending Co$. Just sayin' that how this story strikes me - as a fucked up who actually wasn't a member of Scientology proper.

But hopefully this will make people look more closely at Co$, where they can find out all the actually messed up shit that goes on. I know that when people use my faith as an excuse for crimes, there are alot of people who get curious about what it IS about and get somewhat educated because of it. It would be great if that happened here...let's just hope that their "education" doesn't stop at Scientology.orgs videos. :p
  29. moose Member

Well, this is actually known for years. The facts in this article aren't really new, and it has been mentioned a few times in articles and dutch newspapers before.

The topic title isn't 100% correct perhaps, but hey.. the article itself isn't speculative or fantastic in any way, i think.
  30. Daywatch Member

ok maybe fantastic was a poor choice of words
    maybe absurd of hard to shallow would have been better
  31. moose Member

yes, you are absolutely right. however, the Dutch Org is small and has <150 members (probably even <90) , so every active member knows each other. But what is more important is that he (most likely) has had auditing sessions, which means that the Dutch Org probably knows more about his crimes (right?). Did the auditor hear things that should have been reported to the police?
  32. MarcabEmpress Member

The Criminon connection is the hinky part in the Co$'s story.

And yes, how well does the tech work if it cant spot a sociopath. Maybe they need new emeters, there's a warehouse full of Mark VIIIs available...
  33. flimbos Member

Quick catchup of scans..
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]

@oblomoloko in defence to mentioned Anons the video is only the last 8 minutes of a 2 hour conversation . . but let's keep stuff like that for PM's and IRC (or the correct thread).
  34. Piranon Member

inb4 speculation.

This shit goes deep, way deep. Hell's Angels & (Dutch) Justice also involved. Google it.
  35. Anonomaton Member

Well, I guess that's what they get for trying so hard to recruit 'rehabilitated' criminals.
  36. Re: Hitman in the name of Scientology

Perhaps someone should indicate this to the Dutch authorities
  37. XenuLovesU Member

^ I think this is the real meat-and-potatoes of the story. Without arguing religion at all, the fact that Criminon's executive president was only removed from his position when they "discovered" he was actually in prison shows just how little oversight and vetting goes on in the organization.

And this is the organization that we're supposed to allow into our prisons and trust to "reform" criminals? Riiiight. Use this to put one hell of a smackdown on the Criminon front, pl0x.
  38. Re: Hitman in the name of Scientology

........Which the hell is it, lady??? At least get your story consistent!!
  39. Re: Hitman in the name of Scientology

All the initials instead of last names look funny, but I think there's a Dutch law (or at least custom) against identifying criminal suspects by full name before trial.
  40. Himbeertoni Member

You know what really pisses me off? Even though i´m not very religious whenever these fucking cultists have to defend themselves they do so by comparing Scientology to other religions ... "you know there were other people that killed in the name of christianity, that doesn´t mean the bible is evil"
    baawwwwwwwwww ... the point is you are no religion at all!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.