Customize

HO files: When is a religion not a religion? (1976)

Discussion in 'UK National Archives' started by Horseradish, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Horseradish Member

In the one-pager, Mrs M McFarlane of the Home Office philosophises on the matter of what a religion is or is not, back in March 1976.

[Source: HO 304/11]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. alexjorge Member

Picture is Block
  3. Anonymous Member

I reckon this was lost when sue attended to maintenance and accidentally (most) of the whole thing. Any chance of a re-upload?
  4. Horseradish Member

Too right Night Owl, the dox I posted got lost in the move. I will have to locate on relevant external hard disk and re-upload. Sorry, hasn't been my priority so far...
    I will see if I can track it down.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Horseradish Member

Yee ha! Here it is.
    Really easily tracked down as it was on the first disk I looked at, filed under something really obvious.

There are clearly some other connected documents (this is a response to DHSS proposals), but they would come under a different Ministry and therefore a different part of the National Archive. But still should be available.

There will have been fresh doxs release this January, methinks. Time for some more visits to the NA for some scan tech.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Horseradish Member

Interestingly, after dismissing various possible ways of approaching the problem, she does suggest that money is perhaps at the root of the issue.

Ho ho ho.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Random guy Member

The question is "can a religion be for-profit"?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. alexjorge Member

-------------------------------------

Thanks (I got it) (Y) :)
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Got alot of HCO docs ect
  10. Anonymous Member

Scan and post. Take Two.