Customize

Hollywood Christmas Parade, Sunday, Nov. 27, 2011

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by Smurf, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Smurf Member

AGP posted a thread on OCMB that the Christmas parade was cancelled because the parade's website had not been updated.

I called the parade hotline at the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce (1-866-PARADE-1 or 1-866-727-2331) and confirmed there will be a Hollywood Christmas Parade this year on Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 6:00pm.

They said their website will be updated in the next week or so. (the rep said that budgets cuts which resulted in the layoff of manpower has caused delays).
    AGP was in Hollywood yesterday and reports the Scilons are busy building the L Ron Hubbard Winter Wonderland exhibit at the old testing center.
  2. Anonymous Member

L Ron Hubbard Vulture Wonderland

snoo.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Hubbard had about as much to do with snow as Jesus did... unless maybe you mean cocaine.
  4. telomere Member

Socal not only surrendered to Scientology,
    but to Snow???

a sad day
  5. Smurf Member

6. the anti Member

alright, we need some people for sure that can do this. my best suggestion is maybe two people with signs and other people handing out fliers. smurf you would be very necessary with your video camera so you can record everything they do, covering up signs and taking fliers away from people after they are handed to them. last year they did that.
  7. Smurf Member

I plan to be at the parade (and leaving my car at home this time). I, however, will avoid the troublesome protesters...er.. attention whores...that attract the police.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

9. Smurf Member

The original parade was a celebration of the movie & TV industry with alot of major stars participating... in the last few years, support for the parade as waned so much that the only "stars" that participate are soap opera actors & child stars with a smattering of aged stars that have nothing better to do (Shirley Jones and Cloris Leachman are regulars). The TV hosts are Erik Estrada & some chick he does a travel show with...
  10. Anonymous Member

LOL@this, from the biggest attention whore here after Herro.
  11. Anonymous Member

You must be new.
  12. Smurf Member

13. Anonymous Member

how many other "religions" are in this parade?
  14. Anonymous Member

Scilon "celebrity" in not-at-all-bonkers-whatsoever shocker!!
  15. Anonymous Member

16. Smurf Member

17. Smurf Member

Woo..hoo.. the cult has added another balloon. With star talent like this, who would wanna miss the parade?

Here is a complete list of the bands, celebrities, and other acts scheduled to make appearances at the 80th annual Hollywood Christmas Parade:
    • ABC Family: Nicole Anderson, Make It or Brake It; Sasha Pieterse, Pretty Little Liars; Francia Raisa, Secret Life of the American Teenager
    • Quinton Aaron, The Blind Side
    • The Alyn Family: Barbara Alyn Woods, One Tree Hill (The CW); Alyvia Alyn Lind, budding actress; Emily Alyn Lind, Revenge, J. Edgar; Natalie Alyn Lind, One Tree Hill, iCarly
    • ANT Farm: Daphne Blunt, Sierra McCormick, Stefanie Scott (Disney Channel)
    • Ron Artest (aka Metta World Peace), L.A. Lakers professional basketball player and rapper
    • Mark Ballas, Dancing With The Stars
    • Alexis Bellino & Jim Bellino, The Real Housewives of Orange County (Bravo TV)
    • Beethoven, Beethoven’s Christmas Adventure, and Traci, his trainer
    • Bucket and Skinner’s Epic Adventures, Ashley Argota, Dillon Lane (Nickelodeon)
    • Santa Claus, the Star of the Parade
    • Days of our Lives, Kristian Alfonso, Eric Martsolf, Galen Gering, Arianne Zucker
    • Madelyn Deutch, Mayor Cupcake (Hallmark Channel Car)
    • Erik Estrada, Broadcast Host
    • Eric Garcetti, Los Angeles City Council President, Councilmember of 13th District
    • Games of Your Life: Adam Cagley, Titus Makin, Jr. (NBC Movies)
    • General Hospital’s Port Chuck Band, featuring the leading men, Bradford Anderson, Brandon Barash, Steve Burton, Scott Reeves
    • Good Luck Charlie: Jason Dolley, Raven Goodwin, Bridgit Mendler, Bradley Perry (Disney Channel)
    • Louis Gossett, Jr., An Officer and a Gentleman, Academy Award-winning actor and two-time Grand Marshal of the Hollywood Christmas Parade.
    • Wendy Greuel, Los Angeles City Controller, Councilmember of the 18th District
    • Janice Hahn, U.S Representative from California’s 36th Congressional District and Los Angeles City Councilwoman, 15th District, from 2001 – 2011
    • Hallmark Channel: Natalie Hall, Love’s Christmas Journey, All My Children; Greg Vaughan, Love’s Christmas Journey, General Hospital
    • Jabbawockeez, Urban Dance Group
    • La Toya Jackson, Celebrity Apprentice, author of Starting Over, recording artist
    • Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
    • Los Angeles Police Department MC Drill Team
    • Kickin’ It: Jason Earles, Olivia Holt, Leo Howard (Disney XD)
    • Rider Kiesner, Three-time World Champion Trick Roper
    • KTLA Channel 5 On-Air Broadcasters
    • Tom LaBonge, Los Angeles City Councilman of the 4th District,
    • Ted McGinley, Married With Children, The Love Boat, Happy Days (Hallmark Channel Car)
    • Laura McKenzie, Broadcast Host
    • Stacy McQueen, Pretty
    • Mr. Young: Matreya Fedor, Brendan Meyer, Gig Morton (Disney XD)
    • Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr., 1st Place Winner, America’s Got Talent will sing the song, Baby It’s Cold Outside as a duet with Judith Hill, American singer/songwriter and singer for Michael Jackson’s This Is It tour.
    • Nickelodon Channel’s: Ryan Potter, Supah Ninjas; Erin Sanders, Big Time Rush
    • Lt. Gen. Pete Osman, USMC (Ret.), President and CEO of the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
    • Marie Osmond, Parade Grand Marshal
    • Jan Perry, Los Angeles City Councilwoman of the 9th District
    • Melissa Peterman, Pretty, Reba
    • Shake It Up!: Kenton Duty, Adam Irigoyen, Caroline Sunshine (Disney Channel)
    • Sha Na Na: Tim Butler, Gene Jaramillo, Paul Kimbarow, Jocko Marcellino, Screamin’ Scott Simon, Donny York ('50s Rock Group)
    • So Random: Allisyn Arm, Doug Brochu, Brandon Mychal Smith, Tiffany Thornton (Disney Channel)
    • Booboo Stewart, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1
    • Fivel Stewart, Logan, State’s Evidence
    • Lea Thompson, J. Edgar, The Cabin, Back To The Future (with trainer) (Hallmark Channel Car)
    • Rin Tin Tin, Star of 23 Hollywood films (American Humane Association)
    • Joan Van Ark, Dallas, Knots Landing, Theatre World Award winner and Tony Award nominee and John Marshall, former KNBC-TV award-winning reporter
    • Kirsten Vangsness, Pretty, Criminal Minds
    • Mayor Antonio Ramón Villaraigosa, Mayor of Los Angeles
    • Montel Williams, The Montel Williams Show
    • The Bold & The Beautiful: Heather Tom, Jacob Young
    • The Young and the Restless: Tracey E. Bregman, Daniel Goddard, Christel Khalil, Christian LeBlanc, Kate Linder
    • Dennis P. Zine, Assistant President Pro Tempore and Councilman of the 3rd District
    • Stefano Langone and dancers
    • Cirque Du Soleil’s Iris masters of illusion
    Marching Bands:
    • Agua Fria High School Marching Band (Avondale, AZ) and Verrado High School Marching Band (Buckeye, AZ)
    • Banning High School Mighty Marching Pilots (Wilmington, CA)
    • Beckman High School Band (Tustin, CA)
    • Centennial High School Band (Corona, CA)
    • Emerald Society Pipe Band (Los Angeles, CA)
    • Gasden School District Band (San Luis, AZ)
    • Lafayette Jefferson High School Band (Lafayette, IN)
    • Long Beach Junior Concert Band (Long Beach, CA)
    • Mayfair High School Band (Lakewood, CA)
    • Porterville High School Band (Porterville, CA)
    • Santa Ana Winds Youth Band (Orange County, CA)
    • United States Marine Corps Band (San Diego, CA)
    • Villa Park High School Band (Villa Park, CA)
    • Walnut High School Band (Walnut, CA)
    • Yorba Linda High School Band (Yorba Linda, CA)
    Equestrian Units:
    • Broken Horn Ropers
    • Buffalo Soldiers
    • C-Star Riders
    • Mario’s Andalusians
    • Painted Ladies Drill Team
    • Rancho La Laguna
    • Realms of Ravens
    • Southern California Peruvian Horse Club
    • United States Marshal Posse
    Features and Floats:
    • American Chinese Cultural Association
    • The Walt Disney Company: “Cars 2” – Lighting McQueen and Mater
    • Twin America City Sights (riding on the float – City of Los Angeles Sister Cities)
    • Los Angeles World Airports
    • Marine Corps Honor Guard
    • Pacific American Volunteer Association
    • Wells Fargo Stagecoach
    Balloons:
    • Pirate and Treasure Chest (Galaxy Press)
    • Astronaut (Galaxy Press)
    • Black Flag (Associated Television International)
    • Deputy Dan, The Cowboy (Associated Television International)
    • Dog (Associated Television International)
    • Ginger Bread Kids (Associated Television International)
    • Jokey Smurf With Present (Associated Television International)
    • Santa Elmo (Associated Television International)
    • Santa Kermit The Frog (Associated Television International)
    • Oscar The Grouch (Associated Television International)
    • Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer (Associated Television International)
    Characters and Novelties:
    • Archibald Mouse
    • Beethoven
    • Cool Cat
    • Drive Transformers Suits (Associated Television International)
    • Nate Truman Movie Celebrity Cars: A-Team, Back To The Future, Batmobile, Bugs Bunny and Gang, General Lee, The Love Bug, Knight Rider, Robo Cop, Starsky & Hutch, Turtles Van
    • Rider Kiesner, Three Time World Champion Trick Roper
    • Rin Tin Tin
    • Po from Kung Fu Panda 2 (Paramount Pictures)
    http://hollywood.patch.com/articles...-the-hollywood-christmas-parade#photo-8528374
  18. Any relation?
  19. bacacut_floats1.jpeg
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Smurf Member

Neither Garcetti nor LaBonge are Scientologists... they might as well be... they're major ass-kissers of the cult who rely on it to assist them in their re-election bids. I, as many of my neighbors, have filed complaints & addressed concerns with LaBonge (who represents my district) over the years that have nothing to do with the cult, and our concerns are ignored. And every December, we received a calendar from LaBonge where he promotes himself and the "city he loves so much."

Stupid, manipulative politicians love parades. They can promote themselves, massage their egos, and exploit the gullible on how an idiot parade with D-list celebrities promotes tourism to Hollywood, which helps the economy, and promotes jobs.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. I'm going to watch it on tv, just so I don't miss Erik Estrada and Marie Osmond :)
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

If they cared about the city, they should visit and witness whatever is going to go down at Occupy LA tonight. The parade ends early enough...
  23. RightOn Member

did it start? is it over? did anyone go?
  24. Anonymous Member

Doesn't start for about 2 1/2 hours. The parade takes place at night. Hollywood looks better that way ;)
  25. Smurf Member

26. Smurf Member

A couple of us will be there to entertain the handlers.
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Please get some video of Marie, Erik and the Jokey Smurf balloon.
  28. Smurf Member

What? The Smurf's Mushroom House in the Macy's Parade wasn't enough for you?
  29. RightOn Member

yay Smurf!
  30. Smurf Member

I just returned from the parade... a night full of drama. I hung out in front of the HGB and had conversations with Andy, Franck & Alex. They were not happy with my presence. The conversations remained amicable until I walked in front of the HGB near a stage set up where Lissa Uvizl and a Spanish speaking Scilon were giving play-by-plays of parade entries. Andy & Franck told me I could not walk on the public sidewalk in front of the HGB and step in front of me to try to block me from doing so.. I pushed by them and continued to film. Scilon attorney Rick Moxon showed up & made a point of calling me a "pathetic fool" before walking away. I followed him trying to engage him; he fled inside the HGB hulkering like a coward.

Several times during the evening, as you will see in my videos, Rick tried to evade my filming him. The LAPD was in force tonight in front and around the HGB... and very friendly with the Scilons. When Doug Owens & Steve Curry showed up, Andy & Franck become very angry & tried to prevent him from walking in front of the HGB and near the stage where Lissa was sitting. Doug would stand near the stage & Andy would physically plant himself in front of Doug. Then, Andy became aggressive & threatened to arrest Doug.

Andy wailed to the cops and next thing I see, the cops are all over Doug, yanking his arm behind his back, Doug reacting in obvious pain, and the cops shoving him up against the wall & handcuffing him. As you will see on my video, there was a particularly abusive black cop that was constantly shoving a restrained Doug up against the wall.
    While 6-7 cops were on Doug, several cops were meeting with Andy & Rick Moxon inside the HGB. When I approached Doug with my camera, a cop threatened to arrest me for interfering with police. I was standing there peacefully filming the unfolding events & am threatened with arrest.

Then, the OSAbots showed up with their videocams. Someone I worked with in OSA long ago, Neil O' Reilly aka Joe Neal was there..following & filming me.

I hung back & filmed as much of the action as I could. Eventually, a police sergeant appeared & talked with Doug. After nearly an hour, the handcuffs came off and Doug was released. Doug & the police sergeant walked down Ivar to discuss Doug's wanting to file a complaint. Later, Doug was talking amicably with the police sergeant. Lynn Fountain-Campbell showed up later. She told me she saw anti at Winter Wonderland.

I walked by it on the long walk home. They were shutting it down for the night. I had a brief conversation with Odo Huber then walked home.
    • Like Like x 7
  31. I'm glad you made it home safe, thanks for the report.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. RightOn Member

geez Smurf!
    you would think that COS woudln't pull such BS at a public venue considering the bad PR that they have been receiving.
    I mean I know they have been pulling this crap all along, but I was kind of surprised. I guess I shouldn't be.
    And Moxon sticking his nose in too?
    wow desperation is really showing. Maybe DM wanted another critic's head on a pike?
    pity that Andy and Franck who you were previously pretty friendly awith you re "just following orders" now I guess.
    Staff culties should never REALLY be trusted or thought of as acting one way or another. They are true to COS all the way. SAD
    • Like Like x 2
  33. Smurf Member

• Like Like x 2
  34. Smurf Member

Doug Owen commented on OCMB...

Last night at the Hollywood Christmas Parade, I watched part of the parade in front of Scientology's Hollywood Guarantee Building, HGB. They had a small stage in the curb lane and I stood next to the stage on the sidewalk. My presences watching the parade was too much for Scientology's inner fanatical core who sign billion year contracts: the Sea Org. Sea Org security guard, Andy, followed me wherever I went and got inches in front of my face telling me to leave the area despite the fact it was a public sidewalk with many others watching the parade.

A short-time later, 3 LAPD police officers grabbed me by my arms, pulling them back and up, which lowered my head, and ran me at a fast speed head-first into the granite side of the HGB building. My head struck the granite and the officers cuffed me and pushed me into the front of the HGB building.

They claimed I committed the offense of loitering. I knew the that was nonsense and told them so. They then changed their story to disturbing the peace. They claimed the Sea Org security guard reported to them, falsely, that I had tried to get on their Way to Happiness stage, and that I been disruptive.

The officers kept me cuffed for over 45 minutes while the constantly pushed me into the side of the HGB building. I demanded to see a supervisor and when he appeared I demanded they uncuff me; he refused. After about 20 minutes, the sergeant told me he would uncuff me if I agreed to leave the sidewalk in front of the HGB.

I told him he would have to tell everyone on the sidewalk watching the parade to leave as I was doing nothing different than them. This continued for about 30 minutes.

The sergeant told me he was going to take me into the station and I would stay in jail until Tuesday to see a judge. He urged me to agree to leave. I refused and told him to go ahead and take me in. But he constantly delayed; I had violated no law. The police violated my 4th Amendment rights by going through my pockets without consent and by keeping me detained.

They used excessive force by ramming my head into a granite wall and pushing me against the wall for so long. The Sea Org security guards violated the law by making false and malicious reports to the police.

Eventually, the sergeant agreed to unhand-cuff me and to not demand I leave. I, did, however file a complaint at the scene against these abuses. I want to add the LAPD is great in the way they treat complaints seriously and professionally, and tonight was no exception. After this, I resumed my position next to the stage to watch the end of the parade.

The officers involved were: LAPD Police Officer 1 Farrell 36164, LAPD Police Officer 1 Acosta 36470, LAPD Police Officer 1 Shaw 37209 and Sgt. 2 Davis 32256 of the Hollywood Division. A second Sgt took my complaint in a professional manner.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Note: I take exception to Doug's reporting of the LAPD treating complaints "seriously & professionally" given what he had to experience at the hands of the LAPD Sunday night. The LAPD never takes these complaints seriously because citizens complain about LAPD behavior all the time. This is where Doug & I will have to disagree, and you will have to ask him why he's playing both sides of the fence when it comes to the LAPD, when they succumb to the demands of the cult they have long favored in Los Angeles.

When I was roughed up by LAPD Porter, while wearing a knee brace, years ago at Big Blue (the lighting of their new sign), I got lip service from LAPD staff over my complaint until I got an attorney involved who contacted & provided DVDs of the incident to Mayor Viilaraigosa, the Los Angeles City Council & the ACLU. Only then, did the LAPD command feel compelled to take action with Officer Porter being reprimanded & removed from the roster of future Scilon events..

The LAPD's longtime schmoozing of the cult is well-known. During my filming last night of Andy & Franck, several cops consistently walked back & forth behind me checking me out. I presume they said nothing because my conversations with the two guards were amicable.

It was later, after Doug was handcuffed & being roughed up by the cops, I moved into film the abuse, that Andy pointed me out to a cop who then approached me & threatened to arrest me for "interfering with police" if I approached Doug & filmed his being detained.

The LAPD's threat of arresting a critic 'loitering" is one of their oft-used 'rabbit in the hat' charges when conceding to the requests of Scientologists. They have threatened me & other critics in the past with the same charge when protesting on L Ron Hubbard Way, the Celebrity Center, and Winter Wonderland.

Never at any time did Doug attempt to get on the stage. This was yet another false charge asserted by the Scilons to create a 'noisy investigation' and set him up to be arrested. These bogus attempts are not new to Los Angeles Scilons, and you'd think the LAPD would be cognizant of such bogus attempts as I believe they are, when they're not busy schmoozing & kissing the ass of their Scilon friends.

This is why it is vitally important.. especially in Los Angeles.. where the LAPD is involved... to have a video camera running.. you will see in my videos, while Doug is being detained, cops often looking at me while I was videotaping the scene from a distance.. they were not happy about it.

I later spoke to one of the sergeants there and told him about my incident with "Flyer Guy" where Rick Moxon tried.. but failed.. to nail me for 'assault'. The LAPD were over-the-top in kissing the cult's ass that night, as well.

__
    • Like Like x 5
  35. Budd Member

Is the Hollywood Christmas Parade officially sponsored by Co$ or has it just been co-opted and taken over by them as a PR ploy?
    If it is part-and-parcel of Co$ we should 'poon the schools with marching bands and also the equestrian units.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Smurf Member

In 2007, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, which ran the parade, chose to cancel it because it was no longer financially feasible, with major studios & corporate sponsors withdrawing their support. But, the LA City Council voted to sponsor the event, using community sponsor money to pay for it. Scientology's Galaxy Press is a major sponsor. Before the parade, I saw several OSA staff walking on Hollywood Blvd wearing "Special Event" IDs & lanyards.

37. Anonymous Member

LAPD are a fuckin joke.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

they go after Owen time after time
    another time they said he couldn't walk on the sidealk because "they were filming"
    Put all the past incidents and show this harrassment by COS (and by the cops) in one neat little package and present it to someone who will listen.
    Enough is enough
  39. xenubarb Member

They hate that guy and his cameras!
  40. RightOn Member

so yet another false police report called in
    I wonder if COS used 911?
    And since OSA was filming it and Moxon was there, this obvioulsy seems like something COS cooked up to show DM? Or did DM just want ANY protestor arrested?

this coudln't have been a more lame arrest.
    Arrest a guy for standing on the sidewalk.
    good going LAPD
    • Like Like x 1