Customize

How can I tell when my TOR bridge is being used?

Discussion in 'Help Iran Online' started by Srpska, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Srpska Member

As topic. I set up a TOR bridge and tested it, and Vidalia was like "gee, looks OK to me, pal". But I have no idea whether it is actually helping at all.
  2. Cloak n Run Member

In vidalia hit
    option b for bandwidth graph
    option p for control panel
    option n for network map

it's under 'view' in the menu if you need it again

the graph shows usage since startup of vidalia and reset just resets graph.. handy for checking how much during lunch break etc (geek alert lol)
  3. Cloak n Run Member

took a few hours for the recipients of bridge stats message and actual use to get going but had mine up for around 10days now and still getting usage.. so its def disinfo that net completely shut in Iran.. thanks for also taking the plunge and setting it up!!
  4. Srpska Member

Thanks for the replies.

I had been a little perturbed that it was saying 0.0KB/s the whole time, but then just as I started typing this, I got some blips, so clearly there's some activity.

My connection is only moderately fast (lower-end broadband coming through a wireless router), so I've limited bandwidth to 768kbps; is this sensible?
  5. Hechicera Member

Yes, somewhere on Tor was a recommend that you cap at slightly under your bandwidth, they mean upload speed.

You can test that here (with Tor down). Then set whatever setting is below the upload number on the test.