Customize

How do we hack North Korea

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by agent156, Feb 27, 2011.

1. agent156 Member

(now with notes)

(hack here means bypass restrictions using ingenuity)

All they have is some 2 channel TVs and Radios... air drop them all our old 14.4k modems via amateur rockets or what? (this means I know they don't have computers or internet...)

Figure out how to make large numbers of $2 point to point SMS like devices and keister them in?
    (keister, verb, to hide in your ass)

We're the god damn marcabian conspiracy, I know we can figure it out.
  2. Miranda Member

WWP does not promote illegal activities. Please don't use this forum to plan them. Thanks.

Edit: Checked with admins--revised OP is fine.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. agent156 Member

How are you missing the general sense of "hack?" I've not suggested anything illegal. Nor was I inviting illegal suggestions.

The Meaning of `Hack'
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Miranda Member

Glad to hear it.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. grebe Member

Cultural change in North Korea is a top-down affair. So you need to get Kim Jong Il on board somehow.

I hear he likes musicals. Maybe we could offer him a cameo in a Broadway production? Then we convince him to put Internet everywhere so his people can watch his performance live stream. Once there's Internet behind the wall, we should be good.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Robocat Member

Better idea: how can Anonymous "hack" this thread?
  7. agent156 Member

Dude's so wack that almost sounds viable.
  8. Anonymous Member

So is attacking a foreign government illegal, if the nation you live in does not have a peace treaty, with the country?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. agent156 Member

Eh no one complained about Iran...
  10. Miranda Member

No one's in trouble, don't worry. I'm just making the standard disclaimer because the FoI mods aren't around. I left a report for them and they or the admins will let you know if it's a problem.
  11. agent156 Member

Don't mind my tone, I'm a natural asshole. I got ya ;P
  12. LocalSP Member

Learn to /b/
  13. Zak McKracken Member

Its probably a violation of international law.
    Its definitely a violation of US law.

I believe the term you're thinking of is "illegal combatant"
    and your next brillant scheme could be hacking your way out of here:

[IMG]
  14. Z@Q Member

"How do we hack North Korea" .... ... ...nuff said *puked in mouth*
  15. agent156 Member

16. Miranda Member

I'm not going to comment much here because the FoI mods will set the tone for their forums. But just so people know, what is acceptable may vary somewhat from area to area on this website. Please be patient--we're doing a lot of new things all at once right now and it may take a little while to get everything sorted out.
  17. agent156 Member

iran.whyweprotest.net was phenomenon. Right or wrong I hope those messages can be preserved as they were. It was the skunkworks where the support system given to Tunisia and all that followed was developed.

All I'm hearing is "bawwhahawww its imposable!"

I think you have no faith in the hive. Other wise you would at least try to come up with a solution to the North Korea Problem that was with in our collective boundaries.

Every major win that anonymous is famous for, were imposable things.
  18. Anonymous Member

sxomc9.jpg
    When you’re a jet you’re a jet all the way from your first cigarette to your last dying day.

Or even...

xoh3s0.png The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat:

If you offer him pheasant he would rather have grouse.
    If you put him in a house he would much prefer a flat,
    If you put him in a flat then he'd rather have a house.
    If you set him on a mouse then he only wants a rat,
    If you set him on a rat then he'd rather chase a mouse.

grebe said:
    Cultural change in North Korea is a top-down affair. So you need to get Kim Jong Il on board somehow.

I hear he likes musicals. Maybe we could offer him a cameo in a Broadway production? Then we convince him to put Internet everywhere so his people can watch his performance live stream. Once there's Internet behind the wall, we should be good.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. When you say "hack North Korea", do you mean both people in North Korea with a computer, or just one of them?
    • Like Like x 3
  20. agent156 Member

Seriously I'm flashing back to days when 90% of the people on the internet were using AOL dial-up. You've got mail, and it reads "Your minds are so small, you are not even funny."
    • Like Like x 1
  21. annon21 Member

LOL, I agree I don't think most North Koren's own computers, let alone a TV set. Plus I don't think it would be safe to hack North Korea, it might get people over there killed by doing that. Its not like Libya or Egypt where there are crowds of rebelling people helping the one or two rebelling people. Though it would be fun to see Anonymous troll Old Kim. Anonymous has to be careful with this one or innocent people will get hurt.
  22. agent156 Member

OMG did you just get your first computer? The verb Hack is not restricted to computers or crimes... you'd figure "Hackers on Steroids" would know that...;p

Millions of people are starving in NK as we speak... that hurts a lot worse than a bullet in the head.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. none given Member

The little Lebowski makes a good point.
    Personal observation: every nation that has had a “facebook” revolution so far has at least 1 cell phone for every 5 citizens.
    Check the CIA world fact book to confirm or deny my findings.
    https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
    I can’t tell you where the threshold is but I would bet anything it is right there at the 15 or 20%
    Meaning: in order to organize an effective online collective a nation/cause/people needs at least 15% connectivity. 25 to be safe.
    I suspect that the number is as low as it is because such devices usually gravitate toward the “right hands” meaning the tech savvy, politically forward-thinking youth. Therefore an artificial “jump-start” of cell phones, netbooks, etc. by an outside source (i.e. Anonymous) would not be distributed in the most effective way. In fact, many would be captured by government forces on the way into the country.

Tl;dr If I’m right (and I am) our best strategy is to let the situation evolve naturally.
    Anyone else here like the title “Vigilante”?
    It means we wait, we watch and we are ready when the time is right.
    • Like Like x 3
  24. Anonymous Member

As posted elsewhere on WWP in the past few days, South Korea has been airdropping leaflets about the ME revolutions to let citizens know what regular people who want freedom can do, and attaching them to packages of food. I think that has a better way of reaching the citizens than promoting illegal activity that people wouldn't probably even notice because they're too busy starving to death.
    • Like Like x 3
  25. annon21 Member

1. I'm not a Hacker, im an activist, not all Anons are hackers.

2. I really dont think its safe for Anonymous to IRL hack North Kora ether because it requires Anonymous going over there. Pleas don't do that ether

3. Chill out bro.

4.If you have a good idea of how Anonymous could hack North Korea without endangering its people, Quit trolling and Say it.
  26. agent156 Member

Lebowski and you are both missing the point.

They have no computers, they have no cell towers. They wouldn't even know what a web browser was if you stuck it up their ass.

They are 100 times worse off than the peoples of Libya, Eygpt, Iran, Yemen, Bahrain, or Tunisia.

So what are we going to do about it?
  27. Anonymous Member

What you say is shame on your family and horror to all living things.
    Avoiding pain is cowardice and foolishness.
    Avoiding death is the meaning of life.
    Pain is your friend, Embrace the suffering, Pleasure is a whore who tells you want you want to hear.
    Pain is your teacher. Did you learn nothing from Hubbard vs. sanity?
    Pain creates wisdom and Hubbards auditing attempted to erase that so that he could hurt you again.
    Those who sell pleasure are all pimps and criminals.
    Those who offer hard work and suffering have something to give.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Internet_in_North_Korea
    Connect Kwangmyong to the internet=> Win.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. agent156 Member

I've done two things you haven't, One I started the conversation, two actually read the thread I was responding to.

"can't can't can't" is this what you people are are really about?
  30. agent156 Member

I meant revolting and dying is better that sitting on your ass and starving.

The Tunisia revolution began with a suicide.
  31. Zak McKracken Member

Yes.

Those who can, can.
    Those who can't, audit.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. none given Member

Look, I am only talking about what has happened: 1 celly per 5 citizens =revolution.

For the record I like the idea of finding a viable business model that floods all the worlds’ armpits with wifi devices.
    Suits me jus’ fukkin fine. Let every despot die in flames screaming “I thought you loved me!”
    What I don’t have is a viable business model that floods the underdeveloped world with internet connections.
    Call me John the Baptist: I ain’t the guy; I’m just telling you what the guy looks like:

He’s the guy shipping shyte into NK that can let them link up with us.
    • Like Like x 2
  33. Zak McKracken Member

The Tunisians have family and friends outside of the country, who they talk to on a regular basis.
    Many Tunisians are bilingual or trilingual. Give them a cellphone, they'll be able to figure out who to call.

They have familiarity with Western history and culture and ideas. They know about revolutions. They're allowed to be unhappy with their leadership, so they have had good practice in expressing "unhappy". They're allowed to talk smack about their leaders, so they've had good practice talking smack about them.

While there is a broad gap in wealth between "well off" and "poor" Tunisians, overall they're fairly well educated. Police and military have close ties with the government, but a great deal of personal autonomy as well.

There are many points in common between Tunisia and Egypt; between Egypt and Libya, and even Iran.
    But in North Korea, conditions are so vastly different, that educating them on how to "liberate" themselves would take a ground invasion, or decades of effort.

Rockets or airplanes won't help much, if nobody knows how to fly them.
    First, figure out how to "crawl" and then maybe "walk".
    Once that's workable, try "how to climb out of the crib".
    • Like Like x 1
  34. annon21 Member

Fine I'll bite...
    South Korea just did that whole leaflet thing, right. If anonymous really wants to do something, we should really get in contact with the South Koren activists that did that. They know more about the situation than any of us do. Then there is the hope that South Korea and North Korea go to war. Not that I like war, its just that a war would force North Korea to expose its solders to life outside of there country and with aid from any South Koren anons show them how much the South Korans have compared to them. Which would really get the ball rolling.....
    But then theres China. Who might not like that. But really Fuck that country too.
  35. Herro Member

Mac_%28IASP%29.png

He could totally scale the facade and make it in.
  36. Anonymous Member

http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/northkorea/thestory.html

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

As tensions build between the United States and North Korea, FRONTLINE/World crosses the DMZ to take a glimpse at life in one of the world's most sealed-off countries. Traveling as tourists and using a small camera, BBC reporter Ben Anderson and producer Will Daws are guided by two government "minders" who parrot the official government line about politics and history. The journalists encounter the highly militarized, extremely regimented society one might expect, but they also develop a friendly, bantering relationship with their guides and experience unexpected moments of openness and humor.
    Their journey begins on a rainy day in South Korea at "the absurdly named demilitarized zone, one of the most heavily armed places on earth," according to reporter Ben Anderson. An American soldier takes Anderson and Daws on a tour of the border that has divided the Korean peninsula since the end of World War II -- and that is a last vestige of the Cold War. The soldier points out North Korean "jammers," which block foreign radio and television broadcasts. "So they have no idea of what actually goes on in the outside world," says the soldier. "They think that a BMW is manufactured by North Korea."
    Before leaving for North Korea, Anderson meets in Seoul with a group of North Korean refugees who had fled from famine and political repression. "The moment a child utters a word they start him on ideological training," one refugee says. "So they can't think for themselves."
    As soon as they land in North Korea, Anderson and his producer are greeted by their official "minders," Mr. Pak and Miss Pak (no relation). Anderson's first impression is of the streets outside the hotel, how quiet and empty they are. "North Korea is desperate to engage with the outside world," he notes. But the regime takes a heavy-handed approach to public relations. North Korea is infamous for the "cult of personality" surrounding the late dictator Kim Il-sung, who ruled from 1948 until his death in 1994. Anderson's obligatory first stop is an enormous statue of the "Great Leader," where he is told to place flowers and bow. The dictator's son, Kim Jong-il, now presides over North Korea, "creating communism's first-ever dynasty."
    Anderson next visits a war museum, where he is lectured by a red-lipsticked woman in military uniform. She ducks all his questions by saying, "I will explain later." He is then taken to North Korea's greatest war trophy, the USS Pueblo, which is moored in the nation's capital. The Pueblo is the only U.S. naval vessel in captivity. The ship was seized in 1968, and the crewmembers, accused of spying, were held captive. The crew was released only after a U.S. military commander wrote a groveling apology. A veteran officer who took part in the capture tells Anderson that if American "spies" return they "will be crushed mercilessly under our feet." Asked his opinion of President Bush, the North Korean officer replies, "He is a war fanatic and a warmonger."
    After a heavy dose of communist propaganda, Anderson is surprised to learn from the young Miss Pak that she likes Elvis Presley. She begins to tell him about her family and to smile shyly. In an aside to the camera, Anderson says that he had come to North Korea prepared to ridicule the sham presentation of life there, but that his guides are "breaking my heart." He continues to challenge Miss Pak when she takes him to a model farm and denies widespread reports of famine and starvation in North Korea.
    "Everywhere you go in North Korea you see evidence of a country constantly prepared for war," reports Anderson. In a revealing exchange with Mr. Pak, Anderson asks about a passing truck carrying soldiers and weapons. Mr. Pak insists, smiling through this exchange, that the truck was loaded with beef. Anderson explains that "beef" can also mean "trouble" in English. Mr. Pak replies, in turn, that the United States and North Korea have a "nuclear beef" and he bursts into laughter.
    Just a week after visiting the DMZ from the South Korean side, Anderson sees it from the North. "This place is very volatile," warns a North Korean officer. "In other places you need a big incident to start a war. But here even the smallest mistake made by a soldier can lead to a war." The North Koreans proudly display an axe -- which they had used to kill two American soldiers in a confrontation in 1976 -- in a trophy case. As Anderson drives off, the North Korean soldiers smile and wave goodbye.
    In another unexpected moment, Anderson enjoys an afternoon at the beach with his increasingly friendly guides. He discovers an electric fence cordoning off the beach, however. Mr. Pak explains that the fence is designed to keep out American infiltrators. Because President Bush has characterized North Korea as part of "an axis of evil," along with Iraq and Iran, Pak tells Anderson, North Koreans fear that the United States will attack unless they arm themselves and stay prepared.
    As they walk through a public square, Miss Pak tells Anderson that North Koreans will resist a U.S. attack, but "if they want to talk peacefully, then we also want." She warns Anderson and his cameraman that some people are suspicious because they look like Americans. Suddenly a man approaches the camera and shouts, "Bloody bad imperialist bastard!" But then he breaks into an uproarious laugh. It's all just a joke. As they continue to stroll, Miss Pak confides to Anderson that she likes novels and admires Jane Eyre. Even Mr. Pak is opening up, surprised to learn that his bourgeois British guest wears a less expensive watch than he does.
    But official displays of nationalism do not allow for this sort of intimacy and personal connection. In a giant indoor stadium, Anderson views 100,000 performers doing elaborate card stunts and choreographed marching routines in praise of the Great Leader and blaming the United States for preventing the reunification of Korea. The goose-stepping soldiers are not reassuring.
    On the personal level, though, there is a definite thaw in relations. "On our last night, our guides finally agreed to join us for a meal," reports Anderson. "We are happy to toast with the British bourgeoisie," proclaims Mr. Pak as he downs a shot.
    The next day, a blushing Miss Pak tells the departing British journalists, "Every time when I was with you I enjoyed very much." As her favorite American singer, Elvis, croons, "We can't go on together with suspicious minds."
    [IMG]
    Credits
    Reporter
    Ben Anderson
    Producer/Videographer
    Will Daws
    Editors
    Ryshard Opyrchal
    Michael H. Amundson
    a BBC production for FRONTLINE/World
  37. Anonymous Member

38. HellRazor Member

39. Anonymous Member

40. agent156 Member

That's more like it. You sexy sexy "hate" machine... do they have sarcasm in NK?

I'm all for extending hands to who ever was organized enough to drop leaflets... but NK is sparsely populated and the cites are empty.

Learn the details of their phone system, distribution, vendors. We could dig up some old phone phreaks (Steve Wozniak?) to keep them open. Then robo call the propaganda.

It could be timely, and location based messages. And legal?....? at least the robo calls.

They will blame it on America, and hallucination pills.. but that will happen anyway.