Customize

How do we hack North Korea

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by agent156, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Been on forums for 15 years now and still don't understand why necroing old threads is bad. Why create new threads when the old ones have prior info that's pertinent to the topic at hand?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 00anon00 Member

You are asking people to go back and read a thread of old opinions and drama. Best to start new.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

I am seriously considering looking into the possibility of accessing Kwangmyong. I am not technically able, but what interests me is the potential of doing so rather than actually doing it.
    Anyone know much about Kwangmyong? Do you know people who would be interested in helping me to learn about this?
    I am an interaction design student who previously worked as a designer for a big communication company.
    Cheers
  4. Well the North Korean Military has access to the global net, as well as their 'information gatherers' who sift through and edit websites to be placed on their internal site. Without actually knowing the setup of the systems, I would say that they probably set up a DMZ with multiple firewalls and placed behind the DMZ their WLAN (Kwangmyong). Now, the only possible way one has of accessing the internal network is if you an hack their military terminals, and even then there is no guarantee that there is even a physical connection between the military and kwangmyong networks. You'd be looking for the needle in the haystack, the one computer that can access BOTH networks.
    This is a list of known North Korean IP addresses (they have an entire block)
    http://www.pyongyangology.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=801&Itemid=111
    Some Propaganda for ya ;)
    http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://www.koredufund.org.kp/
  5. A.O.T.F Member

While there is a realistically heightened perceived threat from the Americans,everything will be in lock down. Def Con 3

If North Korea does decide to get out of it's box,there will be a bloodbath.They will be treated as a fanatical threat (Just as the Japanese were by the Americans in WWII) and we all know how that ended.
  6. Kilia Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. If you guys want to know about nk's computing, their operating system is red star os which is linux based and the countries main page is called uminzikkori
  8. White Tara Global Moderator

In spite of the thread title,that'll be a thanks but no thanks, legal, peaceful protest planning is wwp's modus operandi.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. is there a site like this for the "not so legal"?
  10. White Tara Global Moderator

Dude, you're guess is as good as mine. :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Watcher Member

North Korea would, in my opinion, be the hardest location to "hack". Their leaders, old and new, have shown repeatedly their willingness to use their military against their people. Hell, they kill their own relatives. Brainwashing on a grand scale. Imagine Westboro Baptist Church times a couple million. Their lack of outside communication would lead me to believe those people don't have any idea that anyone lives in a free manner anywhere.

Phone lines may work. But we'd need a lot of people that could speak Korean so it wouldn't be just a recorded message. Then hope the people receiving the calls would be willing to listen. And if they did listen hope they don't get thrown into a political prison, or executed. But until there's massive movement by the people I don't see where much can be done. And there would need to be a true military presence probably. Small groups, without protection, would just be slaughtered and I personally wouldn't want to be responsible for that. With the current UN vs Kim Jong Un situation, there's a small window of hope. But I don't see anything happening soon. We need to remember that even though we feel they are living a very oppressed life, they love their leader. Until that changes there's not much we can do.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Proof they love their leader.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Ogsonofgroo Member

You make some good points. Lets keep in mind that pretty much every gov't on the planet has some sort of operation to keep the Koreans uber paranoid, especially any computer technologies. I see one of the main things is getting the www to the people so they can communicate, getting food to them, farming info, seeds (& a big fuck you Monsanto!), how about space-dropping some satellite capable, sun/dyno-charger, internet-ready, i-pod type devices over de 'fences' (I pretty sure it is already happening in some respects), or some such~ dunno *derr* No doubt anyone caught with anything of the sort would not make it home that night, lil' King Kim needs little reason to slaughter/murder anyone, everyone is fair-game (ya ya, scilon stolen/warped term).
    Simple receivers, nice durable touch-screens, site/language-loaded, simple, no-signal-out wired (safety thingy)?
    *shrugz*
    • Like Like x 2
  14. muldrake Member

Well, first you'll need some technology they can use to connect to the Internet, but that won't be so out of their realm that they won't be able to deal with it. I'd suggest scaring up some old 300 baud acoustic coupling modems. That should be good for starters. Except wait, they mostly don't have phones. Hell, most of them don't even have electric light. The place makes sub-Saharan Africa look civilized.

Example:

nskorea.jpg

Click for the bigger image. It's a picture of North and South Korea from space. That brightly lit southern part is South Korea. That vast swath of utter darkness with a tiny point of light in it (that's Pyongyang) is North Korea. Where the lights start again, that's China.

Not sure how to hack the Stone Age.
    • Like Like x 4
  15. HellRazor Member

North (Best) Korea has over 1 million cellphones in circulation. Local calls only - no international calls allowed. YMMV depening on the electricity grid.
  16. bAnon Member

Here's what 'popular' culture thinks.....(The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon)

fallonKardashUn.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yes, and there was an op against the DPRK this February.
  18. muldrake Member

That would mean, with a population of about 25 million, that 96% of the population doesn't have one. The percentage would probably be somewhat better on a per family basis.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonylemmi Member

A family *might* have a cellphone. No food, but by golly they have a cellphone! Best Korea!
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Cap

You are either a 'tattle-tale' who reports, well, basically anything in order to feel important.......

Or, you don't understand the comment you reported.....

Either way, you need to stop pretending to be the police. This is a "Protest" forum, and your attempt to silence a protest is ridiculous.......
    Cap
    This message by Cap has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  21. Ersatz Global Moderator

Quick on the draw there eh skippy? That mod is long gone but the rule remains. We only
    condone legal forms of protest on this forum. Legal.
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Anonymous Member

I wonder why people have such a problem with understanding the fact that nobody level-headed could run a website which requires paying hosting bills with your legit credit card in an open Internet for illegal activities, 'cause cops would arrest them 2 days later.