Customize

How To Hide Your Face Without a Mask

Discussion in 'How To' started by nailinpalinnow, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Enturbulette Member

I found this one page website to be quite interesting, and thought provoking. Their approach does not guarantee that you will be able to cloak your face from human beings, but Scientology's once unrivaled ability to stalk and harass those they identified as enemies has evaporated in recent times.

What these techniques will allow you to do is learn how to mask your face from facial recognition software - by using make up, tattooing and hairstyles, you can confuse the software that picks your face out of a crowd by satellite, drone, camera and pictures. Welcome to future fashion - guess what, it is going to be functional and maybe cool but not so pretty-

http://cvdazzle.com/

and of course there is always my perennial favorite (which is a kind of mask but can get around the no mask laws as an item of clothing):

http://www.etsy.com/listing/85228426/ows-bandana-presale
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Ogsonofgroo Member

Yup, dazzle make-up is pretty cool stuff imho, I used to quite enjoy halloweens and it is amazing what a little bit of make-up can accomplish applied in the right places.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Enturbulette Member

Some specific tips regarding facial recognition software camo:

1. Avoid enhancers such as eyeshadow/liner, dark lipstick shades, brow pencil, etc...: They amplify key facial features.
    2. Partially obscure the nose-bridge: The region where the nose, eyes, and forehead intersect is a key facial feature.
    3. Partially obscure the ocular region: The position and darkness of eyes is a key facial feature.
    4. Remain inconspicuous! For camouflage to function, it must not be perceived as a mask or disguise.
    And a few more tips from an interview with Wired.co.uk:

Ignore accessories That fedora isn't going to fool anyone. Face-recognition algorithms typically focus on a small triangular area starting above the eyes and down to the chin, widest at the eyes. "That's where most of the information is -- ears don't affect it too much, nor does wearing a hat," says Harvey.
    Go monochrome
    "A lot of face-detection algorithms convert photos into black and white," says Harvey. "When you're applying make-up, it's really about the white and the black, the contrast." He recommends off-the-shelf black-and-white make-up which doesn't crack when it dries. Apply light foundation.
    Avoid enhancers
    Enhancers such as eye shadow and lipstick amplify key features. "They make your eyes darker and lips more pronounced. You want to do the opposite," Harvey says. The old adage with make-up is less is more. "You don't want to look ridiculous. Camouflage must not be thought of as a mask."
    Mask the T-zone
    The region where eyes, nose and forehead intersect is "probably the most focused-on area in facial recognition". But there are a few effective ways to fool computer vision. Bring hair down across the eyeline. If you have dark skin, bring down light hair, and vice versa. Or use eye shadow to disguise contours.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

So, how do you suggest effectively hiding this notorious "T-zone"? Sunglasses indoors are highly frowned upon, especially for those of us who live where sunny days are sparse.
  5. Anonymous Member

6. Trev6 Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. Trev6 Member

Also, fuck you tgdaily, those glasses are cyberpunk as fuck

thumb3_ghost_in_the_shell.jpg

teleglass-t4n.jpg

cdp.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

when I had to work at the haunted house as an actor, stores wouldn't let me in when I had make up like this.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Enturbulette Member

if you actually hit the link provided to cvdazzle, you'll see what they are talking about.
  10. Anonymous Member

I read the article. It said bandannas, and don't exaggerate your features. But that doesn't hide your T zone, or address the fact that sunglasses indoors are frowned upon.
  11. Anonymous Member

I'd like to mention the pictured on the article look like Lady Gaga escaped freaks.
  12. Enturbulette Member

The cvdazzle link has images with hairstyles and makeup showing which ones were scanned and which couldn't be seen by surveillance scanners. Sunglasses and bandannas were not used. Capiche?
  13. Random guy Member

It's hardly rocket science. Surveillance scanners look for face-like arrangements of light and dark. Put dark and/or light patches in unexpected places, particularly if asymmetrically and you are there. There are other options as well: Put more facelike things (a mask for instance) close to your face for the optics to focus on in stead.
    • Agree Agree x 1