Customize

How to passively drain bad sites' bandwidth!

Discussion in 'Help Iran Online' started by rierro, Sep 24, 2009.

1. rierro Member

So I was thinking about an easy way for people to drain bandwidth of sites like gerdab.ir and it came to me. A greasemonkey script :D

The idea behind it is that it will open a minuscule iframe on every page you visit that will hurt the site :)

Note: You need the sexiest browser alive to do this. Basically, Firefox.

It's very simple. Simply install the greasemonkey add-on (if you haven't already) right here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748 and then download the script I just whipped up here:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

OR here:

Download gerdab.user.js for free on uploading.com

Open the script in firefox (select open with, and then firefox). Click yes to install the script. Once it is installed, on every page you visit you should see a tiny little box at the bottom of the page (here's a picture):

View capture
    and another here:
    View capture

It's hard to see but there's a tiny little box in the bottom left.

This is an iFrame linked to اغتشاشگران را شناسایی کنید (لیست اول). I made it very small so it wouldn't get in the way, but you can still tell it's working. That way, every time you visit a site or refresh a page you'll be opening gerdab with no hassle, draining their bandwidth :)

Please tell me if you like it or want me to change it. The javascript is simple; it's just:

void(document.body.innerHTML=document.body.innerHTML + '<iframe src ="http://gerdab.ir/fa/pages/?cid=407" width="1" height="1"><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>');

Feel free to ask for modified versions if you want (make the iframe completely invisible, add more iframes, develop something else, etc) and/or if you like it :D

Also I will probably come up with a few more stuff like possibly an igoogle gadget too.

Thanks. -rierro