Customize

How to wear glasses AND a mask

Discussion in 'How To' started by Anonymous, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

Dear Anonymous:

I have a question only you can answer.

Glasses + Mask= can't see a damn thing, or keep my mask on. The intersection of the two is horribly inelegant. Inside the mask, they keep the mask from fitting properly. The glasses don't fit outside the mask, and won't stay on my face.

I have tried padding the inside of the mask, didn't stay in place well. I have received a suggestion to cut a mask in half and only use the bottom half, but that seems like a last resort. I also have the problem of the glasses fogging up when they are on the inside.

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN ELEGANT SOLUTION TO THIS?

Sincerely,

Cantsy Sheeyit
  2. Anonymous Member

Get one of the anon bandanas.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Buy a mask that is far too big for your cranium, like mine!
    Interesting.jpg
  4. Anonymous Member

get contacts
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ogsonofgroo Member

Drill a couple of small holes on either side of the eye-holes and run your arms through them. Use your glasses for the spacing but face them to the mask because arms often spread and you'll have hole too far apart ;) A spot of tape inside should secure them if they don't fit your ears properly.

Orrrrrr, get an old pair of glasses and pop the lenses out, secure them inside the mask and drill some small vent holes in the eyebrows to stop from fogging up.

Or, get a seeing-eye Anon (leash optional).

Or print a bandana with GF and wear em under it.

All I can come up with atm. Good luck and welcome too!
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. WMAnon Member

I'll see if I can find some good pics of anons with eyeglass holes in their masks, it seems like it works for a lot of people. The only thing you want to be sure to do is tape the arms in place or use some elastic, things can and do slide around when you're yelling at a building all day and you don't want to let them fall off your face.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ogsonofgroo Member

ha ha, just added that WM, yupperz!

Cheers!
  9. amaX Member

^this.
  10. Anonymous Member

Thanks for the great ideas. I know I could use a bandanna, but that makes me feel like I am admitting defeat somehow, and it doesnt go with the rest of my costume. Or maybe I am afraid I will feel inferior to the cool sight-enabled kids wearing THEIR masks with no problem....

anyhoo, think I will take an old pair and experiment with the eyeglass hole thing first.

Thanks you guise! You are the best!
  11. anon walker Moderator

Dear Cantsy Sheeyit,

I wear glasses under my mask. I have cut the eyeholes larger (and nostrils, keeps u from fogging up) and padded the forehead with a stack of panty liners (unused) with adhesive wings. Stacking them lets you adjust it to comfort. I also swapped out the stupid string for a beefier piece of elastic. That keeps your glasses from sliding off. You will find one position where your glasses work with the mask and fit, assuming you don't wear those giant Peggy Hill glasses.
  12. WMAnon Member

If it makes you feel any better, I can't wear a GF mask because of my tiny child-size head. Depending on who you're trying to avoid, covering the bridge of your nose down to the jawline (as in a dust mask) works well for normal people, covering the area where your nose meets your forehead is the most important to avoid matches on facial recognition software.
  13. Anonymous Member

I will definitely enlarge those darn holes. Thanks for the suggestions.