Customize

How we know what we "know": FEMA camps, Alex Jones and HL Mencken

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chymira, Dec 19, 2011.

1. chymira Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. telomere Member

Uploaded by TheAlexJonesChannel on Dec 6, 2011

that give you any clue?

Fema camps = modern version of the Nazi deathcamps
    for gassing conservatives and "American Patriots" instead of Jews.
    Invented by Hillary Clinton in 1990, as a "Final Solution" for the growing tide of Freedom.

Read all about it on Alex Jones' forums. Don't mind the cointelpro trolls.
  3. AnonLover Member

Alex Jones. Pssfft. Mass manufacturer of catnip woo for conspiracy theorists and wingnuts.
  4. Fiction.

yawn.jpg

yawn.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  5. chymira Member

Can it be found out to be moonbat for sure? Thing is they say they have documents. This is the first time I saw the guy. Can someone at least look into it? Ill do it but I have no idea where to look.
  6. http://lmgtfy.com/?q="fema camps" debunked

Hippo-Yawn.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

its called the in-ter-net
    • Like Like x 1
  8. telomere Member

dox:

or just google "Alex Jones"
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=alex jones
    • Like Like x 2
  9. chymira Member

I know I sound stupid but the truth is I'm afraid just like a lot of people. There was a time I thought sopa would nit be an issue. I also thought no one would ever shit on the constitution and call me a terrorist and hold me or anyone else without due process. I'm sorry but I wanted to know. At this point I think we all can agree that we simply can not put anything past our gov.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out...without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable. -H.L. Mencken

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H. L. Mencken
    • Like Like x 3
  11. chymira Member

Point taken jacky.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

Miscavige is working on it
    • Like Like x 2
  13. telomere Member

It's okay.
    Learning about what's going on around you isn't easy.
    Since you can't roam the entire world and do your own direct research,
    you're dependent on other people for most of your data.

Learning to distinguish between accurate sources and inaccurate sources takes time too,
    and a human lifespan is often not enough.

Alex Jones is someone who generates a lot of data. He's a "good source" if volume and wild, raving leaps of logic appeal to you. Your best bet might be visiting the discussions on Prison Planet yourself:
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/section/prison-planet/

However, if you'd like to remain in the company of reason and sanity,
    I strongly recommend you visit this site first:
    http://www.xenu.net/archive/baloney_detection.html

In the end, it's your call.
    Ada, Jacky, AL, and the rest of my socks use some kind of "Baloney detector" to filter our world.
    You can still "bareback" it w/o protection, but it's risky, and you may end up like Smurf.
    • Like Like x 5
  14. telomere Member

he also predicted FEMA New Deal prison camps:

[IMG]
  15. WMAnon Member

The problem that conspiracy theorists, truthers, and Alex Jones nutters all share is that rather than concentrate on verifiable, awful things happening right now, they choose to chase after unverifiable, nutty things and yell at others for not believing them. In the end, it doesn't matter if the crazy stuff is true or not because the stuff we know for sure is already fucking bad enough. To use the truthers as an unfortunate example: it doesn't matter if the US Government coordinated the attacks on 9/11, because we already know for absolutely certain that they abused the crisis to push forward an agenda that has killed hundreds of thousands of people since then and has severely stunted our economic growth, to the point where the current economic woes may become a full-on collapse.

FEMA death camps are nutbaggery, and a waste of your mental energy chasing after, because guantanamo bay exists and is still open.
    • Like Like x 9
  16. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
  17. telomere Member

It's worth pausing for a moment to consider how we "know" the stuff you say we know for sure.

How do we know: The US abused the 9/11 crisis to push forward an agenda of tl;dr
    How do we know: guantanamo bay exists and is still open.

I'm not going to post dox (and not expecting you to)
    but it's actually more important that we know how to verify crazy-sounding theories,
    than which ones are real and which ones are fake.

crazy shit -> meatgrinder -> useful
    crazy shit -> ??? -> ???
  18. DeathHamster Member

19. Pique Member

I spend a lot of time reading, different sources, and determining over time which ones are more trustworthy than others. Many people are so busy in their regular lives, just getting along and putting food on the table, that they don't have that time. Wouldn't it be nice to have a source of perfectly reliable information and news? But that is a pipe dream. What is perfectly reliable for you may leave out important items for me. It falls back to me to determine the best sources for information I act upon, probably a blend from many sources. I wish our schools would spend more time helping our young people acquire those necessary critical thinking skills.

I couldn't agree with this more:
    See chymira how wise you were to spur this exploration of working towards critical thinking? :)

Edit: DH, what a great short cut. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  20. chymira Member

I make trouble lol. Ooops.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Pique Member

Nooo, this is an interesting conversation.
  22. telomere Member

yes, but this is GOOD trouble to be in.

[IMG]
  23. Budd Member

Miscavige is as moonbat crazy as Hubbard.
    FWIW: What year was this interview, and how old was Miscavige at the time?
  24. James Spader Member

Renamed thread.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Anonymous Member

26. DeathHamster Member

The only live interview that I know of.

That would make him 31ish.
  27. Anonymous Member

idjit

28. Anonymous Member

^
    picard.gif
    :(
  29. Right.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Scientology's various abuses can have the ring of a fictional 'conspiracy theory' type of thing - i.e. that some of the things Scientology does are so 'out there' that it can make critics look like nutters - critics' claims can be literally unbelievable (though true).

So it's worth us thinking about how to best present our case (to the general public, the press, politicians and so on) with maximum credibility and minimum nuttiness-sounding. (IMO a/r/s has had a serious problem with this over the years).

Cheeky whippersnapper! <grin>

Oh, this isn't trouble by WWP standards. It's developing into an interesting thread about credibility.
    • Like Like x 5
  30. chymira Member

Lmfao I wondered if there actualy WAS a real moon bat wtf would it look like. I found some shit but I have to wait till I'm in front of my pc lol.
  31. Orson Member

Please see www.whatis-theplan.org.

Oh, nevermind. :)

Jacky - great quotes by HL Mencken. He got a bit moonbatty towards the end, but he is one of my heroes. Not afraid to speak the truth.
    • Like Like x 2
  32. chymira Member

• Like Like x 4
  33. chymira Member

True. My confusion lays in the fact that there are a zillion "news" sources out there. Fox news lies and the rest of what I see on tv doesn't tell me shit! So here's the point. In a country where you assume the killing off of your rights could never be possible, suddenly becomes quite REAL, where the f do you go for a reliable source? In this instance I decided to consult with all of YOU. Surely if it were a pre known problem I would have been cyber smacked upside the head for being a ninny and redirected to the nearest thread dealing with the matter.
    With all that's going on lately I find it difficult to brush away the glitter from the actual facts. Some folks go nuts and all but assume fn aliens are coming to sodomize us all while others brush it off as meh.
    All I can say is it sucks~
  34. Pique Member

Yes. It does. And saying it here is kind of like preaching to the choir. Who else are you saying it to? :)
    • Like Like x 1
  35. chymira Member

36. Anonymous Member

REPTILIANS!
  37. Yeah, nobody's perfect. Not Mencken, not Hitchens, not P. J. O'Rourke, but each either brought or brings some real class to the scrivener's trade.

I'm still really delighted that P. J. O'Rourke was made an H. L. Mencken Research Fellow at the Cato Institute.

Whenever I need to know wtf is happening with the American scene, I head for P. J.'s books. Whenever I need to know what has happened in the American scene, I head for H. L.

We Canadians lack high caliber journalists and journalism... probably something to do with the population differentials.

/derail
  38. telomere Member

• Like Like x 5