Customize

Hubbard: Pre-Christian (John the Baptist?) was first religion of hate

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by tendervittles, Feb 9, 2009.

1. tendervittles Member

Hubbard: Pre-Christian (John the Baptist?) was first religion of hate

Also, Crowley is pretty cool, and early Christians in Rome were drama queens/attention whores.

2. BaconButton Member

Re: Hubbard: Pre-Christian (John the Baptist?) was first religion of hate

DO NOT DISS JOHN THE BAPTIST. DO NOT DO IT. This man was stupid and rambly and ridiculous. I'm sick of people acting like they know shit about Christian history. Oh I bet he thought he was sooo smart, talking about how Jesus was a legend and Christianity was full of hate. Apparently he hadn't touched a Bible, much less read a single word from it. Probably would've burned his hands if he had. Ugh.
  3. Zak McKracken Member

Careful, there.

I had to read your entire post, twice, to be sure the 'this man' you meant was Hubbtard. It's clear enough from context, but the way the semantics lay, it sounded like you were dissing John The Baptist. :D

To be honest, my own sympathies are with Salomé, but I fully agree with you in spirit. Hubbard appeared to be lightly-read in formal religious works. Probably read at least the juicy parts [Genesis, Revelations] but skipped over the tl;dr- and did this WAY before Dianetics spewed forth. After founding the Church of Himself, he seemed to lose all respect for dissenting opinions.

Edit: LOL at Adsense:
    imgad?id=CLuomO2kyqn4BRDYBRhPMgh6nRW_7Bt7XQ.jpg
  4. Relyt Member

He was actually on to something within the first minute or so, but then, of course and as usual, he goes off about his own twisted version of history, which of course he knows about because of how he was a perfect clear who could remember all his past lives...
  5. reznik Member

i am very much enjoying your videos