Customize

Hubbard's "Excalibur" book drove readers insane?

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by exOT8Michael, Apr 13, 2012.

1. exOT8Michael Member

• Like Like x 7
  2. JohnnyRUClear Member

His next book certainly did.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Anonymous Member

"In the Mouth of Madness" took this meme to its illogical extreme...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CarterUSP Member

Usual hubtard mania. He wrote a book with a few cheap, simple observations of social phenomena with unsupported assertions labelled as fact and called it revolutionary.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. This myth stinks of the old mans "marketing". You read it, put it down, and jump out a window. Cool story bro.

Having said that there must be something in the bloated windbags writing that does mess with the mind of certain people. How people pick up Dianetics (for example), read it, put it down and exclaim "I've found the answers to all my problems" is just beyond me. But some people do. You read tales of people who joined the sea org after reading it. Its probably a case of catching people at just the right time emotionally.

Excalibur was probably the same.
    • Like Like x 4

6. All of L. Ron Hubbard's writings, including Excalibur have been compiled, saved and buried on metal plates in caves for future transport to volcanoes for proper cleansing with hydrogen bombs to protect future generations from any exposure to:

..........................................." Ramblings of A Nutjob" ................................................
    . .......................................... Batshit Insanity Defined ...................................... .
    . ............................................... L. Ron Hubbard .............................

• Like Like x 3