Customize

I was a Victim of Narconon

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by Narconon Sucks!, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Do you know what permit they needed? Did they get the permit?
  2. muldrake Member

It would be nice to get dox on this. Most health inspectors will keep records of something like this, and those are available to the public upon request or, for some agencies, available on the website of the agency.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. CarolinaGirl9 Member

I have a case number and can request the files to be sent to me, it's through Cameron country texas health department
  4. CarolinaGirl9 Member

They need a permit to distribute food within the facility so that they are inspected every few months to make sure they're up to code. Clearly this has not occured once since their opening 8 years ago. I'm sure they have many other illegal practices going on in that facility. It was a shit show and absolute joke. No one on staff there is licensed in anything but narconon bullshit and clearly if they've been operating and serving unsanitary food without a permit, who know what else they aren't abiding by rules on policies and laws on.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. CarolinaGirl9 Member

It is one of the most disgusting places I've ever had to live in, dirtier than most crack houses I'm sure. I had to sleep in the withdrawal house where the kitchen was and saw at least 5-10 rats a day, not to mention having one crawl up my leg when getting my dinner one night. I didn't eat for two days and the staff there thought it was hilarious. The summers in Harlingen are always well over 100 degrees and that house had no air conditioning for weeks when I was living there until my mom finally complained enough that they got us a single window unit. She also called numerous times regarding the rats, and clearly since I left there over three months ago, they still have yet to do anything about it. It's amazing no one else before me didn't call the health department
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. snippy Member

I'd ask for these asap. We've seen these complaint investigations mysteriously change from listing out numerous violations to suddenly being just fine with no violations.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. muldrake Member

Thanks. Be careful about your own identity, although names are often attached to reports like this.
  8. Anonymous Member

Never forget in every single settlement offer they will include a gag order to stop speaking out. Don't settle.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Anonymous Member

This^
    They'll also obscure this fact, couching it in legal terms that won't be easy to spot without a good lawyer.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. jensting Member

.. or don't settle signing anything more than a receipt for the compensation they pay. But a real lawyer (as opposed to those of us who don't even want to pretend to be a lawyer on the Internet) is pretty good for advice, too.

Lovely work on getting this inspection going.
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TinyDancer Member

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. CarolinaGirl9 Member

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Ill definitely look into that lawyer after the holidays. Does anyone know where to find narconon documents regarding sexual harassment or abuse on students from staff members? I can't seem to find anything online about it.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. snippy Member

You will want to work with your lawyer on this. There a specific ways you need to gather your evidence (and witnesses if possible, so its not just your word against theirs.

Sexual Harassment is a violation of federal law for starters. I don't know if Texas has additional laws. All I know is there is one lawsuit now involving a minor. It's being kept confidential to protect the girl, but talk to Mary McConnell. She knows something about it.
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Intelligence Member

AND, depending on the severity (RE: Sexual assault, etc), in many jurisdictions, there is
    a lengthy, or NO Statutes of Limitations on the offence - - like in Canada and some USA jurisdictions.

Indeed, a very serious matter.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. BigBeard Member

They must have some quirky rules in Texas. Around here if a health inspector found rat droppings in a food facility operating without a permit it would be shut down "right now", and the odds are the owner/operator would be having a serious discussion with the Sheriffs Dept about it. Then they start looking harder at things like staff having the appropriate health certificates, water temperature used for cleaning dishes, etc.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. CarolinaGirl9 Member

The inspection was something ethically I had to do. I was so disgusted by the living conditions there and asked for a phone book numerous times but was denied it as a student. The conditions are so vile that someone could easily get food poisoning and very sick because food is open to all students, raw meet blood filled the refridgerators, it was disgusting. Most of the staff would not eat there and when my mom called one of them out named Marco, about the conditions, my mom asked which one of your kids would you want to live in the conditions My daughter is living in and he said none of them. He also told her he doesn't eat at the center because of the rats. But is was ok for students paying 33 grand to?????
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

Probably one of the reasons the facility is located in Texas.
  19. Skyfall Member

Figures. Like I expected anything more from these people. They don't give (pardon the pun) a rat's ass about the people they're supposed to take care of. So long as you dish out the dough, enjoy the abysmal living conditions and the 'I don't give a fuck' attitude from the staff.

Scientology Narconon works, people!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. B.K.P. Member

I was promised the same things, and once the doors closed and I started realizing stuff I knew I had been Bamboozled!!--When I made a formal complaint on the matter I was laughed at, this tactic is used to get you in peacefully, then they have you, and won't let you leave.
  21. RightOn Member

is it best to PM (private message through here) this info to someone ? rather than put it here?
  22. B.K.P. Member

Exactly the additude Staff take on... your not a human being, I was nothing more than a $-sign. One of the reasons I never whent to my own Graduation, every time I saw a graduate give flowery speach about the Facility and stepped down I heard--Cha-Ching!! ring in my ears... B.K.P.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. RightOn Member

24. B.K.P. Member

Perhaps, but lawfully the file can be obtained--These people are in no danger though-- but as hindsight, it is always best to operate in the background when dealing with this Org. I would certainly PM, but, I work from an Archaic computer and doesn't let me do certain things REAL computers do...my apologies. B.K.P.
  25. Pique Member

I temp deleted the post and RO's quote of it. I had the same question as RO's. BKP let me know if you want your post returned once you've seen the concern.
  26. RightOn Member

nothing to apologize about. All you have to do to talk to someone privately is click on their name and you can have a conversation with them. If you want that other info removed, just click on the "report" button and tell the mods you want it removed. (if you want it removed)
    I was just concerned that if these people were helping people out who left, it may hinder any future help they have to offer as far as getting files, thats all.
  27. B.K.P. Member

Yes I can RightOn --If anything, ask the "Moderator" of an opinion, they run the floor here...so, I'd say they have the last word on the matter and conversation.....
  28. RightOn Member

read Pique's post above
    just looking out for people that's all, and you.
    Sometimes with what you post, other people can figure out a link to other people and so on.
    This forum has eyes that report back. Not trying to make you paranoid either. Just safe.
  29. B.K.P. Member

If it is of a privacy matter what ever decision you make is absolutley fine by me, I follow the rules and actions you take as evertone else, Thank you for taking care of this......
  30. Pique Member

It's not a question of rules (and btw the users determine the nature of this site, the only thing I run on the floor is my swiffer :D) but rather not wanting to 'out' a potential source of help for others. If you are comfortable responding to PMs from other users on the subject I will leave your post deleted.
  31. RightOn Member

thanks Pique BTW!
    • Like Like x 2
  32. B.K.P. Member

The concern is rather good RightOn and particulary smart, it could very well stop a good opportunity...
  33. RightOn Member

wow, well then, by all means keep it deleted.
    and just a bit of caution, you can naver be sure who you are talking to on a forum.
    Even if they have a story or whatever. Best to keep ANONYMOUS unless people and "they" already know who you are and you don't care if your identity is out.
  34. B.K.P. Member

Ha! very amusing....yes please leave that info deleted Thank you Pique!!
    • Like Like x 1
  35. RightOn Member

all is wwell
  36. CarolinaGirl9 Member

I have a good friend whose been interning at Narconon South Texas who is trying to escape today with no money to her name. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions to help her get out? I would buy her a ticket but I am broke as a joke. It's pretty urgent, she needs out ASAP.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Anonymous Member

Tory Christman
    (818) 588-3044
    • Like Like x 7
  38. patriot75 Member

if you need help please PM me....
    • Like Like x 3
  39. anon walker Moderator

Or, if that is your only option, make sure all the beans have been spilled and all cats debagged before signing. What's out cannot be stuffed back in.
  40. anon walker Moderator

Many parents say the same thing, they're told that inmates are junkies, and junkies do not want to be in rehab and will therefore lie to get out of it.

And in many cases, that's true, but not where Narconon is concerned.