Customize

IAS mega raid 2012 - Postgame

Discussion in 'Europe' started by afternon, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

£50,000 divided by 1,500 attendees is £33.33 per attendee. Tickets for the concert were between £10 and £250.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DeathHamster Member

A-list? Really? Even within the tiny Scieno-celeb bubble, that doesn't look like A-list to me. And in the real world, I think the main response would be "Who?"
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

What a completely random charity to pick.
  4. wolfbane Member

I don't buy "random" - somebody in that charity has to be indirectly connected to Scientology somehow, or has connections of interest to Scientology.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. Anonymous Member

Given Hubbard's nautical fixation it could be an interpretation of some obscure policy.

Or it could be an obscure front company set up by Hubbard at one point. :)
  6. wolfbane Member

That's a little more tinfoil than I had in mind. I was thinking more along the line of they needed some legit external charity. And someone on the lower bridge who hasn't driven off their outside-world contacts yet had a relative, friend, coworker, etc. in that charity and took advantage of the personal relationship to get a foot in the door.
  7. anon walker Moderator

Really? THEY SPENT $50,000 TO RESURFACE A STREET IN OKLAHOMA JUST TO KEEP PEOPLE FROM PROTESTING NARCONON ARROWHEAD!

So this willingness to spend money quashing free speech should be no surprise to anyone.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Anonymous Member

Nah, they're just a well-liked local charity. They pick one every year.
  9. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

Just like theocracies, they don't recognise free speech.
  11. DeathHamster Member

I recall an air ambulance thing and some kind of historical railway.
  12. Anonymous Member

A helicopter charity, a train charity and a boat charity? Hmm...
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

You've touched on something so big, you've no idea...
  14. Anonymous Member

Bluebell Railway Trust?
  15. Anonymous Member

Nooooooooooooo
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

^Was this something to do with the weekend ^ ????
  18. Anonymous Member

Apart from the fact that it's the Jive Aces - no, not really.
  19. DeathHamster Member

Instead of yellow, they're wearing the tartan of Clan Dumbass?
    • Funny Funny x 4
  20. Anonymous Member

The photo was dated 19th oct on their fb page, I was assuming this was part of the weekends entertainment. Now if someone could shoop DM's head on the top of that sword
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Anonymous Member

Actually, yeah, that's what they wore on the Friday.
  23. DeathHamster Member

I really doubt the upper left picture is from their event.
  24. Anonymous Member

I don't.
  25. DeathHamster Member

Really? How did they get a bunch dressed like a Scots guard unit, not in "Hubbard" tartan, to show up?
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Anonymous Member

27. Anonymous Member

It's the parade from 5PM on the Friday, as featured in the promotional video:

• Winner Winner x 1
  28. DeathHamster Member

I don't see any military rank badges on any of them, so if that video is true, they hired a bunch of play-actors. I'm guessing that the tartan they're wearing is something generic/public domain, 'cause real military units would take it harsh--even the ones Transported to the colonies over 200 years ago.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. pedrofcuk Member

Epic taxi guy was prevented from dropping his fare in Saint Hill by security and forced to leave the event attendees at the gates. The hired goons checked his name plate before not allowing him in.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. afternon Member

I thought it was because he gave the protestors the thumbs up.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. pedrofcuk Member

I thought he gave the thumbs up after the security had stopped him going in.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. anonysamvines Member

Bagpipe bands are not just military bands!
    Obviously you have never seen an Orange (protestant) band! They are to be found mainly in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Liverpool and are very prominent around the 12th July. Most English people I know never have heard of them either

Nor are they the only pipers around today. Not only Orange bands but also secular ones and not just in the already mentioned countries but globally, Canada, USA and Australia too. (check out the Victoria Police band, Hellbound Train, esp the dancer doing the melbourne shuffle , the band is also wearing Scream masks)

Bagpipes are still more popular than is commonly realised - have a listen to the Red Hot Chilli Pipers' bagrock version of Chasing Cars below

Many legit bands play anywhere they are paid.
    Though it is possible that band is made up of Scilons.
    • Like Like x 2

33. There seemed to be a particular odor emanating from the 2012 IAS event, perhaps Scientology 'Reverend' John Carmichael can explain.........

Sadly, Scientology 'Reverend' Rex Fowler was unable to attend this year's 'religious' celebration.........

To convicted fraud and abusive conman LRH, Hip, hip.........

Google: L. Ron Hubbard / Abusive Children's Policies..........

Nice 'Religion'.......
    • Agree Agree x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  35. SeenTheLight Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  36. DeathHamster Member

^^ Looks like a good chance for sources still inside to leak out copies of the video.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  37. tigeratbay Member

Kudos to all of you. :D Loved the vid.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  38. StL, this might be the most telling leak you've ever given us.

Blank spaces in the promotional material? I have no idea what this means, but it can't be good for the cult. Was this flyer supposed to be complete-it-yourself copypasta to 'hat' people on parroting the right COB-approved PR lines?

Whatever it was supposed to convey, I can only see colossal cult failure and desperation. When this is over, and you can reveal yourself, I owe you several pints.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

Maybe the blanks are so this thing can be used/adapted for ANY org, or hey, nearly any video? An all-purpose banner! Wonder what the leading question/coercement was to get people to cough up the praise.
  40. DeathHamster Member

Canned "live event feedback" LOL! I wonder how many years have they've been recycling those comments? It's just that this time someone new to the job or completely sleep-starved didn't fill in the blanks.

That's a nice sign of staff burn-out.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1