Customize

IAS MEMBERSHIP RANKINGS, PINS, STATUES, MONEY

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by pooks, Mar 30, 2009.

1. pooks Member

IAS MEMBERSHIP RANKINGS, PINS, STATUES, MONEY

I think this needs it's own thread. If mods disagree, feel free to delete.

Yes. These are cumulative lists. Up until a year or two ago, the Impact Magazines would list all the patrons each and every month. If you donated $40,000 in 1990 you would be listed as a Patron in every issue from that date on. It did not mean you donated 40 grand each issue, instead, it was a one shot donation. The only time this would change is when you upgraded your status. If at first, you were just a lowly Patron with a 40 grand dono, (now it's 50 grand to be a Patron) and they squeezed more money out of you until you donated a total of 100 grand, then you would be upgraded in status to Patron with Honors.

Below is an Dec 2006 IAS Membership Brochure. The amount of money for some of the rankings changed. For example, a Patron used to be $40,000, it's now $ 50,000, and a yearly membership changed from $300.00 to $450.00.

Here's the current dono/status memberships for the IAS with pins, plaques, statues, bells and whistles. The statues are ornate and tacky as per standard tech.

Lifetime membership $3,000 (used to be $2,000)

Lifetime memberships are not listed in the Impact Mag

Sponsor: $5,000

Crusader: $10,000

Honor Roll: $20,000 or "Helping 20 people become member of the IAS"

Sponsors, Crusaders and Honor Roll are only listed once in the IAS Mags.

Senior Honor Roll: "Helping 100 or more people become member of the
    IAS contributing to IAS expansion in some stellar fashion"-- no money amount.

Patron: $50,000
    Patron with Honors: $100,000
    Patron Meritorious: $250,000
    Silver Meritorious: $500,000 (was $750,000 prior to February 2005)
    Gold Meritorious: $1,000,000
    Platinum Meritorious: $2,500,000
    Diamond Meritorious: $5,000,000
    Patron Laureate: $10,000,000

[COLOR="Red"]To enlarge, click on the picture, then click on the + symbol[/COLOR]

DOX

3397956073_3abee61b45_o.jpg

3397956147_4ebcd8888d_o.jpg

3398765990_09390b362d_o.jpg

3398766070_2bba153d45_o.jpg

3397956373_b37831cfc2_o.jpg

3397956451_8a810e1b58_o.jpg

3398766296_9fe5d8889f_o.jpg

3398765774_6f2c7eae71_o.jpg

I've posted those Impact lists for many years and I think I fucked up my eyesight trying to read that Nazi font they use. (Nazi font = blurry and tiny)

A couple of years ago, I noticed they stopped posting the complete Patrons lists, and now only list the Patrons that were most recently bilked out of their money.

HTH, I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about the lists.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. basil Member

Re: IAS MEMBERSHIP RANKINGS, PINS, STATUES, MONEY

How can anyone look at that and say Scientology isn't all about the money.

Do you get anything truly free in Scientology? Even the 'free stress test' is all about selling you the Dianetics book.
  3. Battletoads Member

Yeah but it works and helps people.
  4. Ramona Member

Earlier in life (much earlier) I worked in a fancy art gallery selling Picasso, Chagall, Miro et al original paintings and lithographs for huge amounts of money. A major part of the sales pitch was "STATUS." You couldn't pitch very hard on the "investment" angle (you had to say "maybe, perhaps, possibly"), but the idea of friends and colleagues knowing that one owns the work of a 20th century master was compelling. People would buy these things even if they hated the image and found no joy or transformation in it. Just elevated status.
  5. Anonymous Member

Here you go. 6 months free IAS membership
    Use it wisely
  6. Lorelei Member

I don'tknow about y'all, but I can think of a lot of things I could spend that amount of zeros on, and it would not be a fancy cult title announcing my total gullibility and lurve of thetan zapping.
  7. Anonymous Member

don't mean to derail thread, but when i first read title of thread, i saw "IAS MEMBERSHIP, RANKINGS, PINS, STATUES, MONKEY". i think monkey works just as well as money.
  8. Obi-Wan-anon Member

What, couldn't think of anything more valuable than Diamond?

At a 10Mil donation, how about "ShamWow Meritorious"?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. tonguetied Member

But does that card come with a 10% discount to the IHOP?
  10. Obi-Wan-anon Member

No, just a lifetime membership at Starbucks.

And since you signed the "10 Billion Year" contract, that's a lotta latte...
  11. SaucyJack Member

^ Indeed, exactly how many lifetimes does the lifetime IAS membership cover?
    Does it cover all your past lives too?
    Is it $3000 per lifetime?

I wonder if the small print says you have to pay a "freeloader membership debt" to the IAS for 75 million years of backdated lifetimes should you hand back your card.

EDIT: Donating $10 million "epitomises true heroism," people who donate $5 million are "leaders of the civilisation whose deeds have set them apart," a $1 million donation represents "extraordinary support and dedication" and so on.

The people who dedicate their lives, albeit foolishly, to working slavishly for the Cult don't receive such awards. It just goes to show the Cult isn't ashamed of what it clearly values the most.
  12. Anonymous Member

For the average scilon:

302z7k8.jpg

xknc4m.jpg
  13. Obi-Wan-anon Member

So what do they call a normal Scilon who only bought a copy of Dianetics?

BAIT!!!
  14. Anonymous Member

Well fuck, I want OT earrings. ;-;

/has it

I loled. And carry it in my wallet.

"This member agrees to abide by the rules, codes, and policies of Scientology."

....I'm interpreting "abide" to mean "mock".
  15. basil Member

So let me get this clear.

A celebrity scientologist, who donates $1,000,000 to the 'church', yet never sold one copy of Dianetics, is considered "extraordinary support and dedication" and worth more to the cult than the poor struggling public scientologist who's chucking in 60 hours a week standing out in all weathers trying to sucker in people for a 'free stress test' and getting abuse from us?

How can they not see how wrong that is?*

* not being recognised, not being abused.
  16. Herro Member

As always, the scilons provide all the necessary ingredients for hilarious juxtaposition in their materials.

The quote from LRH saying something to the effect of achieving the goals of scientology won't be easy, so we need everyone we can get. Of course, looking at the membership costs I guess this should be ammended to say something along the lines of "we need everyone we can get, unless they can't afford to pay $500 per year, on top of all their other church fees."

I also love how obvious this makes it that scientology is all about money. They don't even realize it anymore because they've gotten so used to it. The descriptions for the award levels list the only requirement as contribution of a certain amount of money, and claim that the awards are bestowed upon those who have contributed to the future of saving humanity and other shit like that. So let's parse that logic shall we?

To further scientology, is to save humanity. Contribution of money is recognized as supporting scientology. Thus to donate money to scientology is to further scientology which is to save humanity. Thus we see that giving money to scientology is a way to protect and nurture the human race. You don't have to actually help people, just cut a check to the IAS. Riiiiiight.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Re: IAS MEMBERSHIP RANKINGS, PINS, STATUES, MONEY

Cheap bastards don't include a chain with any of their pendants.
  18. Spangly Member

Oh wow - that's the Clear bracelet that the character in The Bridge was obsessing about.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. auchraw Member

Anyone notice back in the first thread, down with the VMs, that the horrible child bottom left is a reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard?
  20. Re: IAS MEMBERSHIP RANKINGS, PINS, STATUES, MONEY

21. The Shadow Member

You know, surely somewhere down the line, the lowest-rung sheep are wondering if the money they're donating is going solely on 'bling' awards for the higher-rung donators....
  22. tofuman Member

Now that's just cold. Have you any kindness at all $cientology?
  23. The Shadow Member

They don't include a chain, because they already have you ON a chain, am I right guys?
  24. FUCK Member

Why yes you are.
  25. Soljenitsyne Member

I have a question : who is a Patron Laureate in the real world ? Does such a guy exist, or is he a fictional character just like Xenu ?
  26. OTBT Member

From 2006 list:

At least $383 million in donations to IAS - Ex Scientologist Message Board

Another Patron Laureate, from a 2008 Canadian Ideal Org post

Code:
    http://idealcanada.wordpress.com/vancouver/vancouver-events/
    Michael Bayback dumped another $10 million to the IAS between 2008 and 2010:

From 2010 list (note that Tom Cruise and Nancy Cartwright were deleted from the Diamond Meritorious category in 2006 list above

Impact 123 April 2010 IAS Patrons status' - Ex Scientologist Message Board

27. Anonymous Member

I have a couple of copies of "The Way to Happiness"...they were free.
  28. Anonymous Member

That's the one. Ugly, isn't it?
  29. Anonymous Member

omfg this looks like a metall in a fps game
  30. Anonymous Member

the guy in the last picture Is a "froggy" took pictures around celebrity center in paris with his best friend "baldy" phillipe .. I think he's that guy living in rue legendre or rue brochant in paris
    thanks for advise anon66
  31. Intelligence Member

Is this the same Duggan that owns a major pharmacutical company? WTF?

If so, I really underestimated the power and money I have been up against
    and why certain entities are hesitant to probe/investigate?

32. anonymous612 Member

1. I believe you're thinking of Robert Duggan.
    2. No Scientologist* would ever run a pharma company. Holistic medicine, sure. Big Pharma, no. Big Pharma scifag. MIND BLOWN.
    3. This thread was last posted on in 2010.

*okay, no typical scifag
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Intelligence Member

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...AS-Info-Needed&p=645215&viewfull=1#post645215

I agree and did some further research. He doesn't own a "Psych" drug pharmacutical company, but rather the following:
    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/pcyc
    Apparently, it's the same Duggan? Over one BILLION dollars in Stock value.

• Like Like x 1
  34. anonymous612 Member

Huh. Color me surprised. It does appear to be.
    (as for #1 in my original post, I had misread the name as "Bill", not "Bob").

Regardless, I'd suggest a new thread for it.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Intelligence Member

The only reason this Thread attracted my attention was because of the Narconon
    connections RE: Megan Shields and being pointed in this direction from ESMB when
    someone replied to one of my Posts: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...sed-David-Love&p=645293&viewfull=1#post645293

It didn't jive that the COS would tolerate a Pharmacutical company owner dealing in Psych drugs,
    no matter how much they donated? Further research showed it was a Pharmacylic company, not
    a Pharmacutical company.

However, it sure did open my eyes to some big money people involved in the COS.

36. Zhent Member

OMG

I just noticed the sample name used on all the IAS cards is "John Preston".

John Preston is the name of the lead character in the movie Equilibrium (played by Christian Bale).
    Just look at this storyline from IMDB:

!!!!!

Can't make this shit up.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0238380/

PS. Its a really good movie.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Intelligence Member

LOL,..., no you certainly can't make this shit up:) - - why doesn't this^^^surprise me?

I remember laying on my bed one evening and my buddy, who was also just recruited onto the NN TR staff,
    were talking about the absurd events of the day. It was so friggin out to lunch-crazy, I said, "This is like living in a science fiction movie." - - neither of us could believe what we were involved in that day!

Earlier that day (and this is minor compared to what else happened), a scientologist staff member
    was trying to explain to me about the higher levels of scientology as a "super-being", able to move
    a pen on a desk by only using his mind.

38. Intelligence Member

Now I'm even more surprised to receive the following reply to my Post. Duggan is tied into a
    Psych Pharmacutical Company:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/313249-pharmacyclics-scores-big-with-janssen-biotech-deal

An HUGE fish compared to Duggan.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...AS-Info-Needed&p=645306&viewfull=1#post645306

39. Intelligence Member

Robert Duggan (huge million dollar COS donator), is directly tied into Johnson & Johnson, major
    Psych Drug Pharmacutical Company.

Here are the tie-in Links:

Duggan owned Pharmacylics and sells/partnered to/with Janssen Biotech, who in turn is part of the
    Johnson & Johnson pharmacutical psych drug company:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/313249-pharmacyclics-scores-big-with-janssen-biotech-deal

Under investigation for kick-backs: (Justice Department)
    http://www.naturalnews.com/028431_Big_Pharma_kickbacks.html
    http://www.naturalnews.com/Johnson_&_Johnson.html

Duggan defrauds $250 million of investors money?
    http://www.skeptictank.org/slatkin/rslat085.htm

What I'm trying to wrap my mind around, is how the COS can support Duggan, a COS member, albeit
    a huge $$$$$ contributor. So the COS hates psych drug pharmacutical companies, but as long as there
    is incoming $$$$$, it's ok??? Ludicrous!

Am I missing something here???

• Like Like x 2
  40. BigBeard Member

You're forgetting about El Rum's comment to the effect a Cof$ member can "get away with murder" without punishment if they are bringing in the $$$. As long as the $$$ are rolling in from this guy, DM wouldn't care if he's selling hard drugs to school kids.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1