Customize

Ideal Org and List of Buildings Bought And Are Still Vacant

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RightOn, Mar 9, 2009.

1. RHill Member

2. RightOn Member

re: Ideal Org and List of Buildings Bought And Are Still Vacant

ok cool!
    The New Haven Ct one:

949 Whalley Ave New Haven Ct 06515
    Bought in 2003 for $1,500.000.00 by Scientology Inc? from Hallocks Store
  3. Optimisticate Member

Don't assume the bldgs are owned by Scientology. They could also be owned by "members" who have turned it over to the scilons for use.
  4. RHill Member

Thanks. My understanding is that the building is in escrow, it seems there is a purchase agreement that will be fulfilled if the Church of Scientology is allowed to move in (requires zoning change.):

Scientology library: "real estate new mexico"

So unless further confirmation, we can't say yet that the Church of Scientology owns it in proper sense. I will add it though, but this needs follow up.
  5. pooks Member

New Haven CT Ideal Org

949 Whalley Ave
    New Haven, CT 06515
  6. tazor Member

My understanding from someone still in is that they did buy it. That could just be pr they are giving their public though. Anyway, we are watching for any news about it. Will post anything new.
  7. RHill Member

According to this archived news piece on ARS:

[edit: never mind, brain fart. This confirm the new hq was bought $1.5 million, in 2003.]
  8. re: Ideal Org and List of Buildings Bought And Are Still Vacant

Tisk tisk. About four months ago a scino-mission in Champaign Illinois was fairly dead. Now it's back to being semi-active with included live in resident scilon.
  9. Ramona Member

This was pointed out to you a couple of times, earlier in the thread.

10. RHill Member

11. RHill Member

http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/corporate/realestates-text.php

Tab-delimited. Each entry, in order (any field might be blank if unknown):
    Country
    State
    Street number (blank if none)
    Street name
    City
    Alias if any (ex.: "Former bank building") (blank if none)
    Transaction ("Buyer," "Seller," etc.)
    Date (might be partial if exact day or month is unknown)
    Amount (blank if unknown)
    Person (blank if unknown)
    Entity (blank if unknown)
    URL as a reference in support of all the above

I tried and it pasted well in my spreadsheet. You might have to filter down uninteresting properties (acquired long time ago or properties used for 'secular' activities, etc)

The list is generated on the fly, meaning whatever change to the db will be reflected in the list.
  12. RightOn Member

Well to clear things up, they are currently in a tiny org right up the street on the same street. They were supposesd to move into the 949 location, but never did,. They are still at the smaller org on Whalley.

woops! never mind, you just cleared that up for yourself!
  13. re: Ideal Org and List of Buildings Bought And Are Still Vacant

Great thread --

In Montreal, CA, a recent report:

Scientology stalled

Credit crunch and other spending put the
    brakes on the church’s downtown project

IDEAL ORG IN FINANCIAL LIMBO: 182 Ste-Catherine E.

by TRACEY LINDEMAN

The Montreal Church of Scientology has been saving up its pennies to build its own downtown utopia, but utopia can be expensive, especially during these threadbare times. The Montreal chapter is looking to finally get going with renovations to their $4.25-million 2007 acquisition—the La Patrie building at 182 Ste-Catherine E., on the corner of Hôtel-de-Ville that once housed punk venue l’X and music store Sound Central. There’s just one problem: they haven’t got the cash.

The Montreal chapter’s public affairs director Jean Larivière says they’re aiming at a $5- to $10-million budget to make the shell of a building a Scientology mecca. The new location offers three times more space than their current digs on Papineau and Mont-Royal E., and is part of the Church of Scientology’s costly Ideal Org project, a recent international push to buy real estate and transform buildings into lavish Scientology centres. About 150 chapters are involved in the Ideal Org project, but fewer than 15 centres have been completed to date.

“When we [bought the building], we thought it was going to be a piece of cake,” Larivière says. However, the recession and the $4-million Ideal Org currently being renovated in Quebec City have tapped local Scientologists dry. Larivière says the Montreal Church, like many others in North America, relies almost exclusively on donations—which means their Ideal Org will have to wait at least another year or two.

Full article with photo, here: Credit crunch and other spending put the
    brakes on the church’s downtown project
    • Like Like x 1
  14. re: Ideal Org and List of Buildings Bought And Are Still Vacant

Add DC's ideal org, still empty and unfinished since 2005.
  15. Ima Nonymous Member

It's starting to sound like the shorter list will be one of ideal orgs that are actually complete or being actively developed.
  16. re: Ideal Org and List of Buildings Bought And Are Still Vacant

LOL

The place looks like one of those Secret Society Buildings at Yale, like the Skull and Bones Tomb. Maybe, eventually, CoS will be so secret no one at all will know about them. :eek:

the_tomb.jpg
  17. Anonymous Member

empty ideal org
    505 WABASHA ST N
    SAINT PAUL MN 55102-1016
  18. RightOn Member

the New Haven Org
    Actually the yelllow sign is not even on the building any more. There was a report of graffitti on the side of the building in a newspaper article and a car stolen out of the parking lot. But thats the only activity it has had. I heard the inside did get gutted, but don't know how long ago that was.
    Vacant for 6 years with no taxes being paid? WOW
  19. RightOn Member

MOVED ALL THIS INFOR TO THREAD # 64
  20. RHill Member

Tks, added:
    Scientology-linked real estate: 505 North Wabasha Street St. Paul MN

They were planning $7-million renos in June 2007, and expected to open in 2008:

21. RightOn Member

Ok here is a rough list so far......
    We need to fill in purchase prices and addresses, and year purchased if possible for those missing that info. If I made any errors LMK

THE FOLLOWING ORGS ARE CONFRIMED EMPTY!!!!!
    (or as Dubber quipped these are NOT IDEAL ORGS BUT "IDLE ORGS")
    THERE IS ALSO A LIST OF UNCONFIRMED VACANT PROPERTIES ON POST #64 IN THIS THREAD, IF YOU CAN HELP CONFIRM ANY, THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

EDITED *Also added are Orgs that have since closed.*

Boston, Mass Alexndria Hotel corner of Mass Ave

Gatehead UK NORTHUMBRIA IDEAL ORG purchased in 2007

Brussels Belgium Closed '08

Church of Scientology Vosstaniye Square St. Petersburg RUSSIA

Church of Scientology of Sunderland 51 Fawcett Street Sunderland UK

South Taiwan -10 story building vacant for 10 years

Cleawater Florida POWER BUILDING next to Fort Harrison Hotel vacant for 10 years

Pitmaston building in Moor Green Lane Birmingham UK- purchased in 2008 - for 6 million

Hollywood CA .- 6724 Hollywood Blvd. Purchased in 1979- vacant since 2005??

Washington DC purchased 2005

Ascot Vale Ideal Org Mt Alexander Rd Victoria Australia purchased in 2007 for 7 million

Clearwater Academy International corner of S Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue and Wyatt Street in August 2006 for $995,000.

Harlem NY East 125th Street bought for 10 million in 2003

New Haven Ct. Ideal Org 949 Whalley Ave bought for 1.5 mil in 2003-VACANT for 6 years

Montreal Canada -La Patrie Building on 182 St Catherine St E. , bought for 4.25 mil in 2007

St. Louis MO. Ideal Org-2345 Lafayette

St Paul MN Ideal Org 505 Wabasha St bought in June 2007

Church of Scientology Mission Largo Inc. Fla is paying $389,000 -160 Sixth St. SW and the house behind it at 520 Cleveland Ave

Chicago Il. Artcraft Building Printer's Row 650 S Clark St - bought in 2007 (The Church of Scientology proposes to change the building from DX-12, a downtown mixed-use district, to DR-10, a downtown residential classification.2/25/09) "Do you want to come into a neighborhood that doesn't want you?" asked Printers Row dweller Susan Rice. "Nobody wants you here that I know. Is that what you want?"

Passedena Ca.- 12 mill

Detroit Michigan One Griswold Street bought for 3.5 mil in 2007

Las Vegas NV- on Emerson Ave bought in 2007

San Diego Ideal Org bought for 9.8 mil? in 2007

Santa Barbara, CA: need more info

Two missions in New York City: closed, need more info

Gizmo Building Albuquerque NM -401 Central bought in 2007 for 2.2 million- now renting out to clothing store
    Masonic Temple Building 505 N. Sycamore St., Santa Ana, CA purchased 2006

Mission of East Toronto, NORTHUMBRIA IDEAL ORG Canada -purchased in 2006

Pugent Sound Washington State-old state-government building in lower Queen Anne for $3.7 million in 2005

CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF GEORGIA INC 5395 ROSWELL RD- 5 mil ....purchased 2004?

Biloxi, MS need more info!

Garrison Mission, NY

Canberra, Australia need more info, I know they moved to smaller location, but this building is vacant

Memphis, TN need more info, I know they moved to smaller location, but this building is vacant

Ohio Columbus Org 1266 Dublin Rd. (purchased from Time Warner!) purchased for 2.8 million

The Stevens Building in Portland Oregon bought for 5.4 million

Kitchener, ON: closed ned more info, address ect...

Fort Meyers Mission, FL need more info...

Bay Cities Mission/Benicia: moved

Hamburg: moved

Dusseldorf: closed, need address

Philly PA. need more info??

NARCONONS- Second Chance Westside jail, New Mexico

Oklahoma Chillioco

Ocala Florida-empty, need address

Church of Scientology of North Carolina- 230 N. Spring St, Greensboro, NC 27401
    Telephone: 336-378-1711 closed July

Stockhom Sweden Org closed! waiting for address

Sunland/Tujunga Mission closed! 8828 Foothill Blvd, Sunland - (818) 951-3601
  22. tazor Member

What I see here is a lot of FAIL. So the Ideal Org really is an empty org. :)
  23. subrosa Member

Wouldn't it be interesting if listening devices were placed in these buildings prior to their being used by the $cifags? A La old time Soviet Russia? Yes, I know that is illegal. But still interesting.

Perhaps that is why they 'rehab' the places first, to insure there are NO listening devices?
  24. RightOn Member

DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE STATUS OF THE FOLLOWING SCIENTOLOGY PROPERITES??
    CAN ANY OF THESE PROPERTIES BE MOVED TO THE "STLL VACANT" LIST???

THERE IS ALSO LIST OF "CONFRIMED" VACANT BUILDINGS ON POST #61 IN THIS THREAD.
    PLEASE HELP ADD TO THAT LIST IF YOU KNOW ANY VACANT ORGS THAT HAVE NOT ALREADY BEEN MENTIIONED. THANKS!

Boston???Alexandra Hotel building at Washington Street and Massachusetts Avenue

New Zealand -136 Grafton Rd for 10 mil??

Ocala Fla 50 South East 1st Avenue Ocala FL United States

Clevleand Ohio Scientology mission on Pearl Road, in Parma Heights

Braley Building in Old Pasadena CA?

The Kyalami Castle Jo'burg-The Church of Scientology has acquired the famous Johannesburg landmark, the Kyalami Castle, to be the home of its new advanced spiritual retreat.

Summit Medical Center. J.E. Crain & Sons recently pulled permits for the construction of the 21,750-square-foot structure. The work is valued at $1.5 million.

Trafford distillery Manchester UK on Chester Street

The Church of Scientology Memphis headquarters at 1440 Central for a mere $895,000.

Durbin Bldg South Africa bought for 12.5 mil in 2007

Scientology recently spent $1.1-million to buy the longtime Clearwater offices of the American National Red Cross at 624 Court St. Clearwater Fla?????

Grand Rapids MICHIGAN - A 71-year-old, four-story downtown structure

Kansas City MO City Bank Building 1801 Grand Blvd. bought in 2007 for 4 million

Pennsylvania Cunningham Building and an adjacent storefront retail building in Philadelphia for $7.85 million
  25. Optimisticate Member

In some places that I have been, you can go down to the tax office and pay outstanding property taxes for any property you want. If the owner does not pay you for said taxes directly, you can then claim ownership after a certain period of time.

I wonder if it's like that in my state? I shall have to find out.
  26. RightOn Member

The New Haven "Ideal" Org has been vacant since 2003!
    SIX freakin' years!
    I went by it the other day while breezing through that town and I saw a box truck with FLAG on the side of it parked up against the building. I wonder if they used that truck to move books and crap for the Flag Tour at the Omni this past march 11th???
    Wonder if the truck is even registered.
  27. Anonymous Member

should be one entry

St Paul MN Ideal Org 505 Wabasha St bought in June 2007
  28. RightOn Member

^^^^^^ fxd! thanks!^^^^^^^

Wow this is disturbing! and this is NOT all they own in Clearwater!!
    The church owns $31.2-million worth of property in the Clearwater area, but $21.7-million of it is off the tax rolls.
  29. re: Ideal Org and List of Buildings Bought And Are Still Vacant

Add Orange County to the list. The Masonic Temple in downtown Santa Ana was purchased by the church in 2006, but has yet to be occupied by Scientology: 505 N. Sycamore St., Santa Ana, CA

[IMG]

Church of Scientology to buy Santa Ana landmark building - News - OCRegister.com

A cursory Google search makes it appear the building might house a dinner theater called "Tibbie's All-American Cabaret" - but this is all quite suspect (i.e. fake website is fake).
  30. juche Member

They are finishing the drywall right now and should be moving in within a few weeks most likely :<.
  31. RightOn Member

Thanks for helping.
    I will keep it on the VACANT list until they move in.
    Can you LMK when they move in?......... and when they close! LOL!
  32. Dubber Member

Considering both the structure of the building and its location, there is no way it could possibly have a rooftop view that looks anything like the picture, unless that picture is supposed to be 100 years in the future after the building has been replaced and the shore has been cleared.

ideal orgs more like idle orgs...
  33. RightOn Member

HA! I LOVE that! "IDLE ORGS"
    Do you mind if I use that???
    So I can move this property to the "STILL VACANT" list???

VVVVVVV so not to bump VVVV
    Thanks! will add it to the list! Glad to hear it
  34. Dubber Member

Vacant and decrepit
  35. Anonymous Member

Tibbie's Cabaret was there probably before scilons took over, and now Tibbie's is on Queen Marry. The phone number listed at 505 is update, with live scilons answering the phone from somewhere. The external of the building is the same when they took over since 2006. Therefore it's vacant (except for events I heard.)

Update public domain picture:
    800px-Sapac.jpg
  36. subgenius Member

Looks welcoming

[IMG]

Allthough they did get a new sign donated
    [IMG]

The most disgusting thing is that it is an historic site: the original location of St. Anne's Church, built in 1701
    [IMG]
  37. Ramona Member

The San Francisco "org" was San Francisco's first Synagogue!

JEWS! CATHOLICS! Check it out!

38. ccas Member

27.jpg According to a March 2008 news article, scn recently took over a 10-storey hotel in South Taiwan that had been vacant for 10 odd years. When some scilons was inspecting the hotel, they saw the homeless going in and out at will, and called the cops to get rid of them. It's not your average &quot;church&quot;. And I'm certain it's going to be vacant for as long as scn owns it.

Address: 京王飯店, 七賢二路, 高雄市
    Capital King Restaurant, Seven Sages Road (No. 2), Kaohsiung City
  39. 33755 Member

Triangle Dev is out of business. The project wasn't completed. All properties that were bought up to make the 5 acre parcel were razed. Triangle defaulted on $22M loan to bank and bank sold the property to Church of Scientology for $10M.

More info and articles Church of Scientology buys Triangle Development's Island View project

clearwaterpostulate.com is Scientologist realtor Paola Lombardi (formerly Paola Larson) who used to employ scientologist Sheldon Goldberg (now independent, clearwaterdreaming.com).

There is some speculation that perhaps the whole project was a ruse to obtain property for COS. This is prime waterfront downtown Clearwater property, 5 acres. It is two properties north of COS's Sandcastle complex (the Advanced Org where people learn to be OT). The coop (condo) building just north of the Sandcastle was wanted by COS. COS pressured the Scientologist residents and owners to sell their individual units to COS and suggested they could buy a unit in the upcoming Island View project on the adjacent property to the north.

Triangle Development was NOT a seasoned building contractor, but a bunch of Scientologists with money who were "speculating".

Too bad that the final outcome was that COS obtained two key waterfront downtown adjacent properties (one with a multistory building and one with 5 cleared acres) to increase the size of Flag's "campus".
  40. 33755 Member

I think these two are occupied. I attended a seminar in the St Pete testing center and I think Plant City did open.

Here's some articles and websites:

Church of Scientology Tampa, Florida

Life Improvement Center Plant City Florida

Scientology superstar draws crowds at opening

Life Improvement Center St Petersburg Florida