Customize

Ideal Org and List of Buildings Bought And Are Still Vacant

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RightOn, Mar 9, 2009.

1. 33755 Member

re: Ideal Org and List of Buildings Bought And Are Still Vacant

Here's a few notes.

These both refer to the same purchase, same building in Nashville TN. Last I read (yesterday) they are planning a Grand Opening celebration soon. So it is empty.

This is tennis courts, some fields and a rundown shack. CW Academy still occupies their school building on the corner of Drew and Myrtle.

These two properties are owned by SPIRITUAL CENTER CHURCH INC. Seems they filed for bankruptcy this year but the property is still in their name. Their website doesn't look like scientology. Spiritual Center Embraces All Religions In Largo Florida
    Bankruptcy announcement: THE SPIRITUAL CENTER CHURCH, INC. files for Chp 11 Bankruptcy, information provided by TrollerBk.com
    I'd say it's not occupied by Scientologists... yet.

Cannot find this location. There is a building on corner of Court St approx in the area where "624" might be that is listed as 531 Franklin and owned by COS since 1993 for unspecified amount shortly (2 weeks) after the purchase by T J M Holdings Inc at $425K. These buildings are occupied. I cannot find any announcement as shown above ($1.1M Am Nat red cross 624 Court St Scientology).

Occupied. This is where COS moved everything FROM the Ft Harrison Hotel (which is now vacant and being worked on).

This is the St Pete testing center. Occupied.
  2. RightOn Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH 33755 FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!

If anyone can help fill in the blanks, and you know of an empty org in your area or other areas that we can add to thevacant org list please post them here.
    Please try to include the name of the building, street when purchased, how much it was purchased for, and if it is vacant and how long it has been vacant.

Please check the lists FIRST in this thread
    We have one list for known vacant buildings and a list of buildings that we are still trying to confirm. THANKS!!!!
  3. ethercat Member

Here's some more info on the empty Atlanta Ideal Org. Notice the sale dates and prices:

PARID: 17 006900010514
    CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF GEORGIA INC 5395 ROSWELL RD

Sale Details 1 of 4
    Sale Date 17-NOV-05
    Sale Price $5,600,000
    Grantee CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF
    Grantor HAMMOND PROPERTY INVESTORS
    Book 41444
    Page 00169

Sale Details 2 of 4
    Sale Date 06-JUN-05
    Sale Price $4,600,000
    Grantee HAMMOND PROPERTY INVESTORS
    Grantor KIRBO PROPERTY SERVICES LLC
    Book 40184
    Page 00302

Sale Details 3 of 4
    Sale Date 06-JUN-05
    Sale Price $3,550,000
    Grantee KIRBO PROPERTY SERVICES LLC
    Grantor JPMORGAN CHASE BANK
    Book 40159
    Page 00135

Sale Details 4 of 4
    Sale Date 03-FEB-04
    Sale Price $0
    Grantee JPMORGAN CHASE BANK
    Grantor REALMARK VII LP
    Book 36984
    Page 00606

http://www.fultonassessor.org/Main/Home.aspx

Here's a little more:
    PARID: 17 006900010514
    CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF GEORGIA INC 5395 ROSWELL RD
    Parcel
    Parcel ID 17 -0069-0001-051-4
    Address 5395 ROSWELL RD
    City FUL
    Neighborhood C202
    Class Exempt - Churches
    Land Use Code Churches, Synogogue, Mosque
    Acres 1.784
    Utilities 1-All Public/-/-
    Tax District 59
    Tax Year 2008
  4. RightOn Member

Wow very interesting! Thanks! Will add it to the list!
    Why does it have all these sale dates? And two sale dates for the SAME DAY o June 6th '05?
    one for 3,550,000 and the other for 4.600,000????
  5. ethercat Member

I guess someone made a killing that day. I wonder who?

Then five months later, another nice profit was made when c0$ bought it.
  6. Suzette Member

Probably something like this...

JPMORGAN CHASE BANK forecloses on an unpaid mortgage and becomes the owner of a bankrupt property.

KIRBO PROPERTY SERVICES LLC pays JPMORGAN CHASE BANK cash, covering part of the cost of the original mortgage loan written by JPMORGAN CHASE BANK.

KIRBO PROPERTY SERVICES writes a mortgage for HAMMOND PROPERTY INVESTORS at a sum substantially more than they paid JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, and closer to a fair market price for the building.

HAMMOND PROPERTY INVESTORS pays their mortgage for five months, cleans the building up, and shops around for people who might actually want to use the building.

CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF... buys the building from HAMMOND PROPERTY INVESTORS, covering their mortgage, plus their costs in fixing up the building and hunting for a buyer.

So if you do this right, everybody gets the money for doing what they do best.
  7. RightOn Member

Hammond Property Investors has a Tony George .
    There is a Tony Geroge listed in the Sci data base. hmmmmm
    I ran Kirbo exec names and couldn't find anyhting except one name which was Michael Brown, but that is a common name and he was listed as a celebrity. So maybe not the same person.
  8. Galanon Member

9. RHill Member

I get this on Google map:

5395 ROSWELL RD GA United States - Google Maps

An empty lot... Is this it?
  10. re: Ideal Org and List of Buildings Bought And Are Still Vacant

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but Scientology Montreal building - today it's empty & boarded up. The Actual Org runs out of a series of shabby rented storefronts across from a McDonalds on Papineau Street.

[IMG]
    See recent article here... IDEAL ORG IN FINANCIAL LIMBO: 182 Ste-Catherine E.

by TRACEY LINDEMAN

11. 33755 Member

If by "first" you mean the OP (original post) on the thread, the lists are not there.

Please specify where we can go to see the updated lists of vacant and not-sure-if-vacant properties.

Thanks
  12. RightOn Member

SO sorry! The Vacant Building List is Post #61 in this thread and the other list of unconfimed vacant buildings in question is post #64
    Thanks again for your help. :)
  13. ethercat Member

No, the city is Atlanta, not Marietta (I know, it's confusing here).

Try this one: 5395 Roswell Rd NE, Atlanta, Fulton, Georgia 30342, United States - Google Maps

Oh, there's a Google Street View of it! It's at the corner of Roswell and Glenridge, you can get a pretty good look at it if you "walk" around. Too bad it's not live!
  14. ultrapoet Member

There some some kind of social event hosted there (Sandy Springs) on Saturday night.

They're applying for a rezoning. Initial meeting is tomorrow. We'll see what they have planned.
  15. Anonymous Member

Sacramento, CA

Ramona building (former Hotel converted to office/mixed use mid '80's).

J Street and 1001-1007 6th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814

Purchased late 2005 (Oct?) 4.7 million.

33vopaa.jpg

It's been mostly vacant but:

Someone left a link to a planning commission report here: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-general-discussion/sacramento-report-planning-commission-41780/

Direct link to pdf w/floorplans from that thread here:
    http://www.cityofsacramento.org/dsd.../planning/2008/documents/P07-094CPCReport.pdf

The only use so far seems to be just one CCHR exhibit early last year.
  16. novocherkassk Member

Aaaah Melbourne Idle. How I lol at it. A White Elephant if there ever was one.

Address 251 Mt Alexander Rd Ascot Vale VIC AU

I think it was bought before 2007 but am not sure. Wrestled with council regulations for many years. Bought off ACU for $7M, still undergoing 'renovations' and completely unusable. Melb Day even had to POSTPONE THE SALE OF THEIR ORG in the city because they couldn't move into the Idle org yet! This raised the ire of some investors who wanted to grab their $8M city buildings and put it to good use. Like a car park or another 7-11.

tl;dr confirmed Melbourne Idle is completely Idle and will be for some time. Melbourne Day has the most staff of any org in Australia but members keep skipping out LOL. They force their kids on staff now.
  17. lothar Member

I'm concerned about a lot of these Ideal Orgs being opened soon.

It would be nice to break your list into failed vacant Orgs and another list for un-opened Ideal Orgs.

Can we compile a list of open Ideal Orgs (did they close the local Org/Missions?)
    [strike]Buffalo Ideal - one of first Ideal Orgs opened[/strike]
    [strike]Kansas City Ideal - $4.3M for renovations - started in 2006? - now open [/strike]

Empty still
    Columbus Ideal - 1266 Dublin Rd - $2.8M for bldg, $2M raised in donations - Dec 2007 was fundraising, purchased 2008, zoning approved 2008
    Detroit Ideal - $4M raised in donations, zoning approved
    Atlanta Ideal (5395 Roswell Rd) - zoning in 2009

Don't forget about abandoned construction sites.
    Scientology's nonpayment of bills: project.htm
  18. lothar Member

Also, what is the status of this in Sydney?

19. ultrapoet Member

Atlanta can't quite be called vacant, since they did make use of it on Saturday. But most of the time it's closed. Not sure how to classify that. "In progress?" (In regress?)
  20. NailsPDX Member

The stevens building in Portland is still vacant.
  21. lothar Member

Technically, I believe all purchased Ideal Orgs are used in this manner. First they raise fund to buy the bldg. They buy the bldg, and then it sits empty and they hold more fundraisers in the empty bldg to try and raise money for renovations. They are still empty and they are only "open for business" when they have audit rooms and bookshelves.

They also hilariously put up the old Org up for sale and people try to buy them and get pissed off when they are delayed for years because the Ideal Org isn't open yet, so they can't sell the old one.
  22. RightOn Member

Thanks everyone, will update the list tomorrow. Been crazy busy....
  23. RightOn Member

Hey dont' mean to bump and old thread, but....
    still trying to find out if these buildings are vacant. ANYONE????
  24. beret Member

The embassy building in DC is supposed to be opening this summer. It was approved for construction only recently, if I recall correctly.
  25. re: Ideal Org and List of Buildings Bought And Are Still Vacant

There is an OCMB poster who occasionally puts up interesting "bedtime stories" in what is called the "Little Dickie Series". The most recent "story" is relative to these buildings being discussed.

=======

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=30405

26. RightOn Member

thanks, will leave that one off the list for now until the end of summer.

If it remains untouched, can you let me know?? And I will add it to the list.
    Also an address would be helpful.
  27. stacycake2009 Member

Depends whose name it's in? I think I heard something about the orgs having to buy out some of the building them selves. If an individual wanted to buy a build he/she pays taxes for it, it have to be under a name that is non-profit to have it tax free or reduced.
  28. stacycake2009 Member

It is very possible that there are devices within the infrastructure, unlikely. Even if there was, you would need to know where and what frequency to tune into. The only instances of this I know about are when new embassies are built. Why would anyone want to spy in on a TR or somebody whispering about removing body thetans?
  29. T.W.C_Anon Member

So miscabbage is running a scam using properties to fleece his brainwashed followers, what happens to these empty buildings? someone has got to figure out eventually they are being duped, like the local communities these buildings reside in... I thought I read around here somewhere that Miscabbage is unaccounted for, I wonder if he has already taken the money and run.

When this scam does finally collapse places like Clearwater will be become bankrupt ghost towns. Can you imagine the economic burden this is going to put on the local governments and communities?

Huge bawwww fest no one saw them coming but OG warning for years and no one did nothing. We are doing the same now and still all that happens is we uncover people like the riverside supervisors with their heads in the sand.
  30. NotSoAnon Member

[...]

The beauty of this scam is that the buildings are mostly tax-exempt and the ownership is in some mysterious corporation. The only charges against the buildings is whatever is charged for utilities - natural gas, electricity, water, garbage collection, etc. Insurance should be a charge, but Scientology self-insures its properties. On top of this, the Org pays rent!

So, Davie can hold those old properties forever until they individually gain value appreciation significant enough for him to sell to the highest bidder. The saying, "Nobody ever lost money investing in real estate." applies to Davie's master plan.

Until he wants to sell, the local org has to beg, borrow, or steal enough cash to keep the property solvent in the basic costs, while Davie holds the deed. This is the SO's practice of slave labor taken down to the Org/public level.

Only in Scientology could this financial leveraging of the public people in a religion (sic) for the benefit of unknown others be profitable.

:D
  31. LRonAnon Member

IMHO, this is exactly what is happening. The cult is collecting real estate, real estate is always to good have. Beyond that I believe these underground vaults with precious metals are more akin to a diversified portfolio.

IF we can come up with a reasonable estimate of monies they have plunged into these types of assets, I would like to see it compared to "community assistance".

• Example: While VM has nice tents and cool looking jackets, how much in food clothing, water do the expend at emergency events?
    • Example: While they dontate $25,000 to the local police dept, $2500 to the fire dept. But very poor women with children they donated a dozen laundry basket with $7 worth of sample boxes of soap and dryer sheets in each. (of course there was a nice press release with photo).

I think we can show the whole "out exchange" thing they have --- read: political influence.
  32. mefree Member

Yes. Also, there seems to be an increase in scn postings related to Ideal Orgs lately. I have noticed a large increase doing searches by ideal org just since about a week ago.
  33. Anonymous Member

We should also look to see if they are paying property tax on the empty buildings.
    In California, and i assume most states, vacant buildings do not qualify for property tax exemption.

http://www.boe.ca.gov/proptaxes/pdf/pub48.pdf
  34. zebrafaced Member

Ocala's mission is doing turtle-tech. It's not only empty, but now they don't even have Dianetics signs.
  35. WearsideAnon Member

Sunderland Co$ is definitely not empty, saw a couple of clams leaving it yesterday and a friend of mine went in to harass the cult the day after the Anon protest (bit stupid I know, but I'm not condoning his actions)
  36. charlie Member

TUT TUT dont feed the clams
  37. Anonymous Member

sorry to necro this thread.
    But someone else posted that there should be a list, and we have a few new additions to add?

Salt Lake City? and the one in UK
    maybe a title change?
    to

Ideal Orgs Still Vacant and Failed Orgs
  38. xenubarb Member

I like the part where their basement filled up with poo.
  39. subgenius Member

6035352169_aaf134cb6a.jpg

Team Detroit here.
    This was a couple weeks ago. Only improvement was this nifty sign.
    Checked even more recently than this, but don't find the pix.
    Thought they might have had the "Miscavige Do-Over Event" there and spruced it up even superficially for that, but no.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. RightOn Member

Scientology Center Leaves Carytown
    Caryton Mission
    yeah!
    and the Portland Org gone
    tee hee!