Customize

Ideal Org, Toronto (Canada)?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by HellRazor, Dec 5, 2012.

1. HellRazor Member

• Like Like x 8
  2. HellRazor Member

Some stuff in the comments section of Marty's barf blog http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/the-golden-age-of-fraud/

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. HellRazor Member

Moar stuff from comments from Marty's blog:

[/quote]
    • View attachment a075647c073f700b779887fcc037a9a1?s=48&d=identi Quicksilver | February 18, 2011 at 2:30 am | Reply
      Is the existing Toronto Org building going to be their Ideal Org?
      Man, it is rough – for years – broken windows, boards in windows, broken elevators, no heat, public paying for utility & phone bills – and this is right on the main street in Toronto – huge traffic.
      There were various times when it was supposed to be renoed over the years – so much time & money was put into it. Ideal Org renos will cost big time for that building.
      Then they have to think of that Advanced Org sitting north of the city – big bucks for that place.
      Toronto feeds on the same few public over & over. There’s some real decent people there and some real crooks.

Rate This
      • View attachment 8a661e34316002cb38c5ece2004c7cb5?s=48&d=identi Toronto Public | February 18, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Reply
        Quicksilver,
        Yes, DM has spoken.
        The existing building will be the Ideal Org.
        Many local parishioners think (but do not say too loudly) that the building is ill-suited for org purposes.
        Too much square footage of each floor is taken up by stairwells and elevator shafts.
        The building support pillars are badly positioned, limiting design possibilities.
        There is no parking.
        There is a large walk-by flow but, and we have a 28 year history on this, few enter and almost none persist.
        Clearly the location is wrong.
        But DM has spoken.
        The local CO CLO, Mike “let me give you a datum” Spurgeon, is entralled by the org’s location and its enormous potential (28 year history of Danger/Non E stats notwithstanding).
        A +30 story office tower is scheduled to be built immediately behind and abutting the org property.
        What is little known and less appreciated by the org public is that the developer offered to buy the org building and was turned down flat.
        No negotiations.
        The building could have been sold at a profit and a more suitable location could have been found closer to the huge University of Toronto campus mere blocks away.
        Alas, DM and local management have spoken and all must silently listen.
        I am hopeful that one or more Toronto public or staff (who no doubt lurk on this site) will read this post and, being closer to the scene than I, will provide more details and descriptions of this event and other events that need to see the light of day.
        And Q, you mentioned the newly purchased buildings designated to be a Canadian AO about a 90 minute drive north of Toronto.
        Being a local, this purchase was a real shocker to me and I am sure many other Toronto and Canadian Scientologists.
        I liked going to the Flag AO because it was in Florida (hot with beaches).
        I liked going to AOLA because it was in southern California (and warm).
        I even know people who liked going to AOSH because it was in England.
        The new Canadian AO is in Canada for God’s sake (think mounds of snow and viscious black fly bites).
        But by God the strategy worked!
        You have to give credit where credit is due.
        Since the anouncement of the new Canadian AO, the IAS has come into Toronto and regged millions of dollars.
        And then the IAS went to Montreal, Quebec and Vancouver and regged millions more.
        Friggin’ brilliant!
        I’ve been to the new Canadian AO (on a tour put on by the IAS for very special and very select people) and it is, IMHO, uninhabitable and will be quietly sold in 7 to 10 years time.
        The locals likely will be blamed as being too downstat and thus undeserving of their own AO (after having given more millions to the IAS for AO renovations).
        And lastly, Quicksilver, you speak of Toronto crooks.
        Now just hang on a minute.
        Are you speaking of Jack and Bridgette Manning of Toronto Celebrity Center and “Colors” fame.
        Or perhaps Stuart Smith, Gary Jepson or Emile Gilbert – all noteable and local church management types of a bygone era.
        That was 30-35 years ago Q!
        Or perhaps you are referring to Margie Zacks and Glen Luckman and their somewhat dubious real estate deals.
        That was 20-25 years ago Q!
        Lately we’ve all been on our best behavior.
        And if you are talking about Al Pringle well, let me say this, the Scientologists who lost money in his “travel business” should have known that investments are not guaranteed.
        Investments sometimes go south.
        That doesn’t make Al a crook, does it?
        Again I appeal to Toronto lurkers – be brave and post more data, please.
        All the best, Q.
        TorPub

Rate This
        • View attachment c2d94d163a566268e73c8b0195b6c03a?s=48&d=identi martyrathbun09 | February 18, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Reply
          It is really great to have Toronto represented here.

Rate This
        • View attachment a075647c073f700b779887fcc037a9a1?s=48&d=identi Quicksilver | February 18, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Reply
          Toronto Public
          Yes, amazing that the IAS can walk in, cut across org lines & reg millions for the AO. Like you mentioned, 8 years regging & only 2.5 million for the main Toronto Ideal Org. I remember years ago plans were already drawn up & copies were in Toronto with the new design. At that time much money was raised & various Scientologist contractors chipped in time & materials to fix the org. That didn’t last long unfortunately although there were many well-intentioned individuals involved.
          It seems it always falls back on a few. Interesting on the academy stats … like you said, those haven’t changed for years – actually DECADES. There are the momentary blips on stats such as the recent Basics, or the inevitable re-releasing of yet another PTS/SP Course, but other than that, Div 6 is a wasteland and Div 2/4 prospects are deep in debt and few & far between. Definitely GI is such that basic necessities like utilities go into arrears.
          Yes, I remember the Margie Zacks/Glen Luckman mortgage scam – Mick McCoy & a local lawyer were also in on that. Public & staff were scammed big time. Similar scenario with the Confletti cycle – that ended up going legal $400,000 + – and a couple mission packages to boot. That was a Margie Zacks, Mick McCoy, Bill Mackie cycle. I have no idea on Al Pringle, but it sounds like the little investment ‘opportunity’ went like the water purifier & the gas wholesaling company icon_smile.gif?m=1129645325g.gif
          Like I mentioned, there are some extremely good people there – The Zaharis’, Matz’s, Whitmores, Pierces, Muirheads, Primrose, and a few others.[/quote]
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. TorontosRoot Member

Just wait until I post the goodies. It's 'goin be a grand ol' time. ;)
  5. Ogsonofgroo Member

Uh-oh, they admitted to raising 2.5million already, two years ago? Raises some interesting questions and its, um, time to pop some more corn!

Excellento!

Edit> The Anon Gamblers Assn. gives 3-1 odds they'll paint the pig for a penny and flog it, DM adds raised funds to the whore-chest.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. TorontosRoot Member

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee it is!!!
    http://yfrog.com/jt65f3j

ONE link to ALL of the photos taken. Video coming up. Took long enough to get out there, take pictures of BOTH orgs (damage to one of them >:) ) and then break at timmies to recover frozen hands, feet, then headed home.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. TorontosRoot Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. BlooAnon Member

Interesting. Makes me wonder if the changes done to the Ottawa Org means anything. Oh, they haven't moved, but the main front room now is looking more like a very long and very small book store with tv screens showing repeating dvds and everything.

I would love to know stats on that little .... gem.
  9. DeathHamster Member

First off, the Yonge St building would need a complete tear-down and rebuild. The building has had a serious sway problem that cracks windows in high wind even before CoS bought it. (The previous owners got a property variance to install an overhang to catch falling glass before it hits people on the sidewalk.) I don't imagine that does the bricks and the rest of the structure much good either. SERIOUSLY EXPENSIVE SCRAP AND REBUILD!

The top three floors of the building have been vacated for a couple years as the Continental Liaison Office of Sea Org were relocated out to a mothballed convention centre in Mono.

Meanwhile, there's building activity all around the Yonge St org as expensive condos are being built. The land that the org is sitting on is worth a lot of money.

Here's a Streetview of the "temporary" new org:
    http://goo.gl/maps/cWyLT

That Peter location, depending on who's moving out, looks large enough to hold all of the org's present business (and then some!), so I have a suspicion that the Idle Org rebuild story is just a fable be sold to their members. What I expect: Sell 696 Yonge to developers for a fuckton of cash, redecorate 77 Peter, declare that 77 Peter is the new Toronto Ideal Org. (Any excess cash funneled to Dave's Single Malt Inc.)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. TorontosRoot Member

Heheheheeh, I like where this is going. Next up: they don't pay the rent if the software company doesn't move out and they get kicked right out. An accident happens where high winds cause a crane to fall right on top of the empty mOrg at 696 Yonge street causing massive damage to the three vacated floors. That could happen. I remember one day the winds reached 88 km/h during a thunderstorm, last year.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Random guy Member

Isn't it illegal to solicit cash for refurbishing, and then not refurbish?
  12. Anonymous Member

Scientology=Organized Crime
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TorontosRoot Member

Recon video of BOTH mOrg's
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Anonymous Member

Me too.
    What changes have they already made there?
  15. DeathHamster Member

This means that sooner or later, at one location or another, David Miscavige is going to be on our turf...

Dongcopters, outa nowhere!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. TorontosRoot Member

We will be ready and waiting for that scientology dark shadow boss!
  17. Anonymous Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. BlooAnon Member

Nope! Turns out I'm just not very observant! It's always been like that. Shows how much I remember and how often I pass the org at night when you can see a lot more.

Nov 8, 2008
    06.jpg

How it is now as of today:

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4903.jpg
    (those are supposed to be giant snow flakes in the windows.)
    Nothing to see here. As you were!
    /derail

DM is probably holding onto the Yonge St location is because just that, it's on Yonge St.

I'm going to go pop some popcorn. I can't wait to see how this develops.
  19. You just reminded me how hilarious it is that Toronto's org is neighbors with a tattoo place with weed leaves, thanks.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. BlooAnon Member

Ah no. Those are photos of Ottawa's Org. But still as hilarious with the two tattoo places, and the bong shop, as well as the second bong shop across the street.

Prime real estate indeed.
  21. Anonymous Member

Thx for pix and info, Bloo. Lovely to gaze at their ever-expanding (hrmphhh :rolleyes:) shitholes.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. DeathHamster Member

It would be nice if we could find out who the current owner of 77 Peter St is. If it's recently changed to Scientology or a front company, then I doubt that they're going back to Yonge St. Come to think of it, does CoS still own 696 Yonge St?

There used to be site that provided owner, zoned building purpose and tax assessment for any property. Bah! It looks like MPAC sells that info now. Shitty!

It might be possible to get it at Toronto City Hall for a couple bucks:
  23. wolfbane Member

24. HellRazor Member

[IMG]

Looks like only cosmetic changes on the outside. The inside might not be updated (electrical/plumbing/HVAC is expensive!) They will probably renovate the first floor again. (A few years back, they re-did the first floor after taking back the little diner that was there.) Looks like the first floor awning will still be there to catch the glass when it starts falling off the building.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Quentinanon Member

It's called fraud in the inducement.
  26. Anonymous Member

This one says the inside is getting completely renovated - actual pics included this time:

Toronto Scientology location boarded up as controversial organization plans renovation
    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/art...s-controversial-organization-plans-renovation

27. DeathHamster Member

Two dollars huh?
  28. Anonymous Member

I found the rendering below in the Spring of 2011. I don't know the date of the drawing:

[IMG]
  29. BlooAnon Member

Love the flags touch. Do they really think that that looks good? It's so ugly that it's laughable. It definitely looks like they're trying too hard.

It's interesting that the two versions are quite different, yet blindingly white. I think they want to blind the people on the street, and then claim they can cure them.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. HellRazor Member

31. DeathHamster Member

They have two Ontario flags. And how would they ever change them once they got tattered? (I bet the new flags would be budgeted down near the toilet paper.)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  32. HellRazor Member

800px-Flag_of_Manitoba.svg.png

2nd "Ontario" flag could be the flag of Manitoba.
  33. DeathHamster Member

15 flags. One Canada, ten provinces, three territories, 14. An extra dup of something.

Unless they have a Scientology flag in there.
  34. RightOn Member

is this renno really going to happen at all?
    I have seen the building, it does not look possible. It looks like it should be bulldozed
  35. DeathHamster Member

That disaster of a building is sitting on top of an awful lot of property value.

But at the rate that they're shifting files, it's going to be months before it's empty.
  36. Anonymous Member

bump for the sake of bouncing this thread to a new page, hopefully soon... the ginormous pics take so fking long to load getting to the unread posts is downright painful.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

38. SeenTheLight Member

[IMG]

Date: January 30, 2013,
    Subject: Next Ideal Org Grand Opening: 9 Feb 2013 Cambridge, Ontario!

Dear

As covered in the 2013 New Year’s event this is going to be an unbelievable year of expansion! To start off the New Year we have our first Grand Opening in Cambridge, Ontario Canada, just a short distance away from both Toronto and Buffalo New York.

You are all invited to join us in welcoming our next Ideal Org!

The Grand Opening is on Saturday, 9 February at 1:00pm.
    On Sunday, 10 February there is the Open House with seminars and activities.
    Regards,
    CO WISE EUS
    • Like Like x 2
  39. DodoTheLaser Member

40. Anonymous Member

I assume they bought it through a front company like the whole United Churches of Florida thing they did in Clearwater. Just a guess, but that would explain the purchase price paid by the CoS directly.