Customize

I'll be making a phone call on Monday

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

I'll be making a phone call on Monday

I have no idea if anything will come of this or not, but I'm going to try.

I no longer go to church, but I was raised Southern Baptist. There are good Baptists and there are horrible Baptists. I'm fully expect some of you to go completely loopy that the Baptists are being educated, but I like having them on our side in the Bible belt.

And I've been disgusted with Scientology trying to gain footholds in the Bible belt: Atlanta, Nashville, KENTUCKY?

I decided to call the Southern Baptist Convention today. I called and left a message.

A very nice and informative man from the SBC just called me back.

We engaged in a very interesting conversation and believe me: the Baptists are watching the cult very carefully. BTW? The very nice man was shocked to learn of the forced abortions and child neglect/abuse in the Sea Org. He'll be reading about much of that in the exscikids website which he was happy to learn about.

This very nice man gave me a phone number to call on Monday. This phone number is for the SBC's interfaith division. The interfaith division deals in knowing what other faiths believe and working with other faiths. The interfaith division also investigates and educates themselves about cults and their activities.

So, message to Scientology: Other faiths in the Bible belt are watching you. They know you're not what you claim to be and they are going to educate their parishioners. Have a nice weekend because come Monday? I'm going to do something that I like to do and have grown quite good at: I'm going to make a phone call.

I urge everyone of every faith to contact your pastors/rabbi's/priests/preachers and educate them about what really goes on in Scientology.
  2. avbb Member

Re: I'll be making a phone call on Monday

Praise holy Raptor Jebus!
  3. Anonymous Member

Baptists are scary.

PHELPS-FRED.jpg.gif

Pic related.
  4. Anonymous Member

nice post, good idea
  5. juche Member

Ah yes, the hidden ace the Southerners have kept in their back pockets.

Perhaps it is time to play this game.
  6. chrisanon Member

Thank you for doing this; it's a very smart idea.
  7. Anonymous Member

The SBC has some controversial doctrines that has led scholars to accuse it as being cultic as well. Women are still treated as 2nd class citizens.

Southern Baptist Church - Beliefs and Practices of the Southern Baptist Denomination
  8. lothar Member

It's Cincinnati which isn't really all that 'southern'. It is mostly northerners who say "pop" and rich Bush Rangers.
  9. Anonymous Member

Um, this is how it is for 90% of the world's population
  10. mongrel Member

TRUFAX, but they do have power in certain regions. Bringing this power to bear on the scifags isn't necessarily a bad idea.
  11. Anonymous Member

Baptists don't have a monopoly on that attitude

You don't have to agree with the religion to have an informational conversation with the local "holy" representative

good idea OP
  12. none given Member

Honey there is no reason for you to worry about something like that. Me and the guys have it all under control.
    Now how about you go get me a nice sammich, hhhmmm?
  13. moarxenu Member

This is excellent. You have excellent ammo in the form of Karen Pressley. She is an ex-scilon who literally had to escape. When she reconnected with her mom she found she had become a Baptist and she became one too.

Also, anons pwned the scilons at an Afro-American Health Expo in Cincinnati recently.The Baptists were furious when they found out scions were infiltrating the convention which had mental health screening for depression.

I have some other ideas and resources so pm me if you want.
  14. mongrel Member

15. Anonymous Member

I'm the OP and I'm a woman. I didn't have to escape when I stopped attending church. I'm not ostracized just because I now believe differently than they do. There are good and bad in every faith. I was lucky enough to go to church with good people.
  16. Anonymous Member

Don't forget Texas, Dallas especially when you make that call Scientologists are starting to recruit heavily for their new Ideal Org.
  17. YAHRLY Member

Trolling
    religions,political parties, special interest groups etc into going after the scifags?

THIS IS A NEW IDEA!

we should do it
  18. anoncane Member

Not all us Baptist are scary! I for one am a Baptist and very proud to be one, and would like to see the end of the CO$.
  19. thinkerbell Member

No, babtists, perse, are not scary. The WBC, Fred Phelps, and his stable of inbred, concrete operational regent university trained lawyer-spawn are scary. His brand of ill informed bible hate and attempts to manipulate the legal system to use free speech laws inorder to comitt emotional terrorism, suppress textbooks, free thought, and others right to protest them, well, yes, they are dangerous and scary.

most babtists, christians, and non fundamentalist religious people champion critical thinking to a degree, and object not only to the scilons, but other abusive 'religious' groups, like Fred and Friends.
  20. mongrel Member

lrn2read: OP was reporting new and specific actions she was taking. The idea isn't new but the actions are.
  21. Anonymous Member

I was raised a southern baptist also. i no longer am, but i went every week as a kid. cant speak for all groups, but the southern baptist in my community didnt treat women as 2nd class

That being said, if we could get some of the bible belt riled up against the cult, we may not need to protest much longer lol
  22. skollie Member

Thank you for doing this OP.
  23. bAnon Member

Smile and Dial! You are always only three conversations or less from you want! /sales101/
  24. chrisanon Member

/r/ definition "concrete operational" as used in this context.

Does it mean someone's stuck in the concrete operational developmental phase?

'Cause if it does, many internets to you for formulating an insult based on the work of 20th century Swiss natural scientists.

One of the most original uses of Piaget's work I've ever seen!
  25. Budd Member

The ONLY thing that Rev. Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church and the Southern Baptist Church that I attend have in common is the title (Rev.) and the words "Baptist Church."

NO clear-thinking born-again evangelical Christian claims ANYTHING to do with Phelps and WBC. He is as nuts as LRH was.

Flame on. (Asbestos panties are on.)
  26. Re: I'll be making a phone call on Monday

Nice one. Throw in Aliester Crowley, orgies and rituals to bring in The Bornless One and the Moonchild for the full Satanic majesty of it all.

L. Ron Hubbard, Aleister Crowley and the OTO | Drive-by Times

L. Ron Hubbard, Jr., son of the late Scientology founder.

L. Ron Hubbard, Jr., son of the late Scientology founder.
  27. churchlady Member

Very good idea, OP. You are doing it right. Most Christian denominations recognize scientology as a cult and know to stay away. They may or may not know the extent of the cult's evil practices.

Beware of a scilon named Rev. Alfreddie Johnson. He claims to be a Baptist minister, but I have found no proof that he is related to the Babtists. Scilons love to throw him up to claim that you can be a Christian and a scilon. The Baptists might be interested in this guy claiming to be ordained by them. He does not currently have a church, and all contact info for him is scilon.

God (and Xenu) bless your endeavor.
  28. Anonynamefag Member

Also be sure to mention that LRH said there is no Christ.
  29. TinyDancer Member

Magnificent. Great work.

Might I suggest you link them to Infinite Complacency ?

It includes the stories of the Headleys and Laura D, with links to their court cases.

Top job.
  30. Anonymous Member

I have been planning something with the church as well, but I AM one of those who is a leader in the church. (Yes, your pastor/preist/deacon/elder may be lurking WWP, although I think I have done well at covering this fact up) Although I have to post Anonymously so I won't blow my cover, you are right, the church is well aware of Scientology, yet they have not actively gone against the Scions yet, for many reasons, like time, money and laypeople (see below)

I have the impression that Scientology has become a buzzword, and they are more concerned with other groups other than Scientology for now. You could talk to any knowledgeable pastor/preist/layleader/deacon/elder and they will know more about Scientology than many of the layperson. You would be shocked about how much the average layperson knows about scientology, but it is not at the desired level.

The problem is that many people who are in a position of power within the protestant (and some of the orthodox) church is hesitant to say anything against the tide, or do something in which may jeopardize their position, regardless on how taboo the subject is. Scientology is one of these subjects, because many of these preachers are afraid that the post-modern ideals of religion will undermine the message, and people would end up feeling bad for the Scions, and at its worst they don't want to get in trouble.

The way to fix this is to do what the OP is doing, speak out at any venue that you are allowed. Many leaders do not see this as a topic that is on the minds of the congregation, but this is something that is very important for the common layperson to understand. But this has to be one of those "hot button issues" in order for people to be talking about it. Make an issue out of Scientology, people will talk again, and the rest of the church shall be on your side. This such as the coerced abortions, things such as child labor, and people not being able to leave are what really get people upset. (if it really wasn't that obvious)

OP: Be sure to keep in contact with these people if possible. I will try to support change from the inside as well.
  31. moarxenu Member

Though the idea is not new, something new is happening. Anon is realizing it can actually recruit and not just educate.

In San Fagcisco we created a blog and targeted fliers for the psychs. Here is the blog and the flier:

Now Is The Time

Out of this I discovered two therapists with exes in their practice who are eager to know moar so they can serve their clients better. I have a date with one to sit in front of a computer and talk her through what she needs to know.

We also now have several psychs here at WWP. Better, this thing has gone international.

Hamburg translated the NITT flier and has infilitrated an anon on a short internship in the psych dept of a hospital. He fliered and recruited therapists and psychs, now they are planning ops.

WWP has also recruited at least two psychs who post here. One has a blog:

Psych Out

We can and need to do this with every sector of society, and in the Bible Belt, Baptists are a big part of society. Catholics and Baptists are the two largest christfag denominations in the US, and are about numerically equal.

Anon needs a Bible Belt Strategy.

Above all, we need to develop local groups to support us. Think what the situation would be in situations like the Bucks Country rezoning and the ongoing Sandy Hooks saga in Atlanta if we were able to recruit psychs, Baptists, and Catholics who would issue statements and raid either with us or on their own.

Ideal Orgs, CCHR, Narconon, and Applied Scholastics will provide ample opportunity to hammer away. Moreover, we need local alliances to support exes against fair game, to help disconnected families and friends, and to heal. I do not know if there are support groups for exes recovering from Miscavige abuse, but helping to network local exes would be helpful.

We also need to eject OSA from local interfaith alliances, the main way OSA neutralizes opposition from the churches.

OSA OTVIII, the Rev. Mary Kay Daly is the friggin secretary of the Sacramento Interfaith Bureau. The OSAreverend Cathy Norman from Austin smeared Anon and Damian DeWitt before his interview was even broadcast on The Things That Matter Most which is hosted by two evangelicals in Dallas and Houston/Ft. Worth. (Podcast). She emailed the hosts with the usual Anon=criminal faggotry and smeared DDW for supporting Anon.

The pattern seems to be that once exes heal up they become activists. They are the ones whose experience the psychs and ministers locally need to hear. And, of course, they are really pissed off.

Religious Front

There is much networking going on with Catholics. Cardinal Ouellet in Canada spoke out twice and defended Anon's right to free speech. He is now the highest-ranking SP in the world. This encourages Catholics. It is also an example for other churches.

We now have activists in the Lutheran churches in the US and Germany. V for Anon solo raided the annual Lutheran youthfest called Kirchentag in Bremen. He recruited two Lutheran pastors.

Episcopal Church: In one city anons appealed to their bishop for support and protection when one of them got doxed. They are in regular contact with him.

This just in from google alert "ouellet scientology" from a major Catholic forum:

Cult clailms "heresy" trial in France . (Also note lulzy warning about WWP from OP)

brb baptist scientology google alert

Another resource is my blog Light In The Darkness (ling at sig) which is specifically set up for religious ppl. Right nao its pretty Catholic, but I would love to post articles by baptistfags from WWP focusing on why you fight. It is experience that ignites people and gets them to join us if we invite them.

Final point: You do not have to be a practicing Baptist to work this front. If you know the words to "Just as I am" you will do fine. You just need to find the hooks that work best for Baptists.

So who here is up for sum Bible Belt Chanology strategyzing and who is willing to be the contact person?
  32. churchlady Member

I don't know how to quote the right way, but anonymous said:

The problem is that many people who are in a position of power within the protestant (and some of the orthodox) church is hesitant to say anything against the tide, or do something in which may jeopardize their position, regardless on how taboo the subject is. Scientology is one of these subjects, because many of these preachers are afraid that the post-modern ideals of religion will undermine the message, and people would end up feeling bad for the Scions, and at its worst they don't want to get in trouble.

"Post-modern ideals of religion?" "Feeling bad for the Scions?" You and I don't go to the same church it would seem. My church's ideals are far from post-modern, in fact they are about 2,000 years old. We would feel bad for the scilons because they are not in a place to learn about God's will for their lives, not because we hurt their feelings or insulted their beliefs.

Many churches have adult Sunday School classes, workshops and seminars that analyze various religions and cults. It becomes obvious through these classes that some "churches" aren't Jesus-led. (We think Jesus-led is the way to go).

As far as leaders being afraid to loose their power, we have term limits anyway.
    It is our duty to shake things up, make people think, go out on a limb for Jesus.

A phase you hear often among the leaders of my church is "It's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission"

Can you tell I like my church? Sorry if I'm rah-rah for Jesus. I just think He's so cool.:p
  33. TinyDancer Member

I'm keen to network with the emerging church movement also.

Any anons who read "Relevant Magazine" and the like, PM me!
  34. Anonymous Member

To churchlady (The same anon you were responding to)

Much of that was certainly a lamentation upon what much of the church has become in my area. I am very glad that you take your faith seriously, and apparantly your congregation is grounded in Jesus and the word. We need more people who are willing to openly proclaim their faith.

This is just the cowardice that I have examined and that I have tried to overcome, and I believe much of it is a reaction to trying to please everyone except for God, and the sort of HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY kind of thinking has permeated some points of the western church. This is a fraction of the post-modernist thinking that I could identify in the western church, and it is a simple observation, nothing more than a mere opinion. There are more problems within the church, but I could write books on what I mean by post-modernist belief, but thats the idea.

Thats not to say that there is no good coming from the church, as I believe the church can truly do Christ's will. As for the workshops, I can say I have participated in some, and I have usually concentrated on more difficult theological concepts.

I am not really from the mainline "bible belt" area, and this may explain some of the key differences. Our outside community is actually rather secular, and so we spend much of our time on those topics.
  35. Anonymous Member

Scientology Statistics Database - Search Results Alfreddie+Johnson
  36. Anonymous Member

I'll be making a few phone calls too. Rick roll on stand by.
  37. skollie Member

I found this:

another article on the same page says he was a councilman :eek:

Alfreddie Johnson: ZoomInfo Business People Information
  38. auchraw Member

Quoted from 'Cult claims "heresy" trial in France' .

< Basically, the “Church” of Scientology is on trial for fraud again and is blaming the high Catholic population of France for their inability to operate profitably in that country. They are calling it a “heresy” trial and claiming religious discrimination.

< Previously Catholic Cardinal Marc Ouellet of Quebec has stated that scientology is not a religion and is not entitled to the benefits of one.

The second point could be very important for some people, though some other people might react the wrong way. Christianity is tricky bsns.

The idea that France has a high Catholic population stopped being true about 1960. It now has one parish priest where it had 12 in 1960.
  39. churchlady Member

There is no such thing as the True Faith Baptist Church in Compton. I called Alfreddie's scilon front group and they said they have Baptist church services there. One of these days I'll be brave enough to show up on a Sunday morning.

Yes he also was a councilman, but it would appear he wasn't very well respected.

In order to call yourself a Baptist, do you have to have an affiliation with the larger Baptist governing body? That's where my research has stopped. The governing body would have ordination records and such, but I haven't looked into it yet. Someone else want to carry on from here?
  40. Anonymous Member

OP here.

Made phone call. The gentleman who is most knowledgeable about the cult of Scientology is on vacation.

A woman from the interfaith division answered the phone. When I told her who had referred me to their division and what I wanted to speak to them about: she was very interested and we spent almost an hour on the phone. She was sad, shocked, and got a laugh out of the fact that $cientologists think they have super powers and can control us with them. Yup. That got a big laugh.

Anyway, the very nice lady took my information and as soon as the gentleman gets back from vacation, he'll be contacting me.

Yes, I mentioned Karen Pressley to the nice lady and she knew who Karen was....the first gentleman I spoke with last Friday was telling the truth: the Baptists are watching Scientology.

You know if the Baptists are watching the cult, you know that the other churches are watching them, too.

I'll update the thread when the gentleman contacts me.

Isn't it a beautiful Monday?