Customize

IN PROGRESS: New Anon Video - Halp Requested.

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonynamefag, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random guy Member

Re: IN PROGRESS: New Anon Video - Halp Requested.

I'd say that is a tad on the long side. The call to arms was 2.03. I know compacting this down to that length is impossible, but 8 minutes is very, very long. I would consider dropping all but the essentials: The CoS are there on a PR-stunt.
  2. Re: IN PROGRESS: New Anon Video - Halp Requested.

I think a longer video is a good idea actually.

I would even go so far as to support a full length film documentary produced by Anonymous!

Hey , now there's an idea!
  3. WagTheWog Member

Let it be long!

Post dat shit!
  4. Anon123456 Member

yeah seems a bit long.
  5. grumpus Member

I think we can chop it down under 5 mins easily. In the first version, the newscast clip alone ran something like 3 minutes.
  6. Random guy Member

In my experience, the likelyhood of a person reading a text or looking at an advert, is roughly inversely proportional to the length. The subject of this video is not light, it's not funny, and it's not entertaining. There's nothing to hold attention but the subject itself. Say what is needed to get the message across, leave it at that.
  7. Anonynamefag Member

8 minutes is indeed long. I didn't think it would take that long.
  8. Anonymous Member

Well, too late. :)

Here's the 3rd beta version for review. Before commenting, please note:

1. It's not nearly done yet. It's still raw and has not been polished. The question is: Are we headed in the right direction?

2. It needs music to go along with the audio and to fill gaps when there is no audio. Suggestions? Something compelling but not overblown.

3. There are spots where the screen goes blank. Some of those are for revised vulture clips (Wag, just saw them all and have not looked at them or included any of them yet).

4. There are spots where a photo is used only as a placeholder for now. Spent a lot of time digging for additional clips to enhance it; still need to do moar of that. One particular spot is the VM touch assist photo. Another is a long sction of vultures video. Another is the opening anon picture. Need moar clips.

5. I dropped the part about the Command Channels of Scientology completely. It was redundant and slowed it down IMO; see what you think.

6. Dropped the 2006 video and used clips from the IAS 2004 video only. 2006 clips were not as good as 2004 in terms of content and were also redundant. Needs fixed in the script.

7. The 2004 IAS video is crap. Better quality needed. The audio is particularly shitty. But I also didn't adjust it any.

8. Better quality reproductions of the confidential dox are needed.

Just noticed I rendered it as wmv and did not compress it and it has the wrong aspect ratio. FUCK. If you don't want to download it, you can watch it online; click the zhare or megaupload (click watch video in the left upper corner) options.

Download - beta3.wmv - Sharebee.com, the one and only online file hosting distribution service.

Sorry for that. This is not final quality anyway.

Suggestions welcomed and encouraged of course. Someone else want to take a run at it, go for it.

tl;dr half-assed-finished version for your review; take a look and comment

NOTE TO GAWKER EDITORS LURKING THIS THREAD: This isn't done yet so don't go off half-cocked again.

Of course it took a freaking hour to render and upload..and I still have to do the shit she wants me to do. /facepalm.jpg

later
  9. Firestorm2408 Member

After looking through this epic win of a thread I can say that the video will be a success REGARDLESS of its length BUT I beleive that more people will watch it all the way through if it is shorter So I would reccomend keeping it around the 5-6 min mark MAX.

The documentary Idea is one of EPIC porportions and should be discussed in a new thread - moderators if you would?
  10. Anonymous Member

Again, sorry about the fucked up aspect ratio.

Agree that length is a concern. Hopefully this beta version will help the writers see places that can be cut, shortened or focused more intently.

back in a while.
  11. Random guy Member

Here's my take. I have cut it down as far as I can, without loosing the message. I still think there's too much emphasis on documentation, too little on the buggers using valuable resources while contributing nothing useful. We don't want to come across as monomanic conspiracy theorists.

Hello:.

We are Anonymous:.

On January 13th, a high magnitude earthquake in Haiti near Port au Prince killed over 200,000 people and reduced the city to rubble.:::, In the wake, relief organizations scrambled to bring medical care, basic necessities, and. order to the Haitian people.

Among the relief workers, were members of the Church of Scientology and its so-called “Volunteer Ministers” clad in bright yellow shirts. News reports show them mingling with the other relief organizations who provide assistance to the Haitian people.

This indicates to us that the Scientologists have not disclosed their real agenda.
    Indeed, some of the Volunteer Ministers may themselves not know their true purpose there.

The Volunteer Ministers exist only for one purpose:

As part of Scientology's Division 6, the Volunteer Ministers exist to promote the teachings of EL Ron Hubbard and recruit new members to Scientology. From its 1993 response to the You Es InternalRevenue Service we can verify that this is the responsibility of Division 6.

More recently, a 2004 internal Scientology magazine makes the connection between the Volunteer Ministers and Division 6 more easily understandable.

The Volunteer Ministers receive their funding from the International Association of Scientologists, a group comprised of Scientology's most fervent donors. Consider this leaked 2006 video:

A confidential copy of the Command Channels of Scientology provides further insight. Here we see that emphasis on recruitment sits at the very core of purpose of the group. And the role of Division 6 again.

You might defend the Scientologists by suggesting that the individual members performing their unusual "touch assist" procedures are only trying to help. They claim that repeated touching will open communications between the mind and the injured part of the body to speed healing.

Yet this very procedure is at the heart of their recruitment effort. In September 1959, EL Ron Hubbard issued what is known as an H see O Bulletin describing "Dissemination Tips" for Scientology. One of these tips is known as "the Casualty Contact", a unique twist on the cult recruitment tactic of seeking to influence people at their weakest personal moments.

Former high-level Scientologist Michael Pattinson details the deception in this 2007 CNN report on the Virginia Tech shooting.

After the attacks on September eleventh, 2001, the Volunteer Ministers impeded the New York City Fire Department and even bragged about hindering the work of mental health professionals.

Scientology has manufactured its own press releases associating the Volunteer Ministers with legitimate organizations. Scientology hopes that reports linking the Volunteer Ministers to groups like the Red Cross, Doctors without Borders, or Ox fam, will fool the public into accepting the useless vultures as a genuine emergency relief agency.

Anonymous believes the public will not be fooled by Scientology for very much longer. Our campaign to dismantle Scientology has taken hold and is growing in court houses, city councils, legislative chambers and media outlets around the world. The leaders of Scientology hope that Anonymous will go away, but that hope is fading fast as the public continues to grow wiser to Scientology's hypocrisy and self-serving tactics.

We are Anonymous ...

We do not forgive .....

We do not forget ........
  12. Anonymous Member

ANOTHER new script? *sigh* Okay, let's do it...
  13. grumpus Member

Watching that latest video now. We're definitely taking shape with the addition of VM clips. LeSevre's stuff is epic. I'm not even sure this is going to need to be heavily shortened anymore.

I think there's enough quality, hard-hitting stuff to lay out a thorough case and make this a very nice mini-documentary exposing the whole VM program that doesn't get boring after 5 mins.

One thing for now: I believe that video was actually from a 2004 event, not 2006 as the script says.

Edit: Also, I'm out soon for about 5 hours. ;p
  14. Re: IN PROGRESS: New Anon Video - Halp Requested.

Might I suggest Beethoven's Piano Sonata #8 in C minor(Pathetique) as a background?

Just my opinion , I thought it worked well in the earlier Beta's behind the David text.

If you guys agree , I can edit it into the next to final edition , so it only plays behind the spoken text file and not running in the media clips.

I look forward to your thoughts on this matter =)

Oh HAI BAI TEH WAY-Video is PWNAGE EP1CNeZZ!!
    Good Job!!!!
  15. Anonymous Member

What is your goal with this video exactly?
  16. Re: IN PROGRESS: New Anon Video - Halp Requested.

LuRk MoAr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Anonymous Member

0/10
  18. Anonymous Member

FTFY.
  19. WagTheWog Member

I just watched latest upload.
    Looking good!

Just a reminder:

IMHO subtitles will really help, especially with the french accent guy (I forget his name) and of course with the electronic speech (and other places too).

IF you do go with subtitles:
    Make any mention of "Volunteer Ministers" or "VM" in bold and bright yellow (the other text could just be white).

Make sure to Bold & Italicize the quotes (like from L. Ron Hubtard to make them stand out too). Right now, some of the powerful quotes lose some effect because of the flat electronic voice. The bold & italicized text can help to compensate for that.

I'm outta here guise.

It's late here and I'm tired!
    Keep up the great work!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC-zSzIK4Wg"]YouTube- Go! Go! Go Anonymous![/ame]
  20. Anonymous Member

OK. Changed the video date reference to 2004.

Shall we have David give this a read now?

21. Anonymous Member

The goal, imo, is to expose the Volunteer Minister program as a dishonest, cynical tool that Co$ uses to recruit and to manufacture misleading PR -- that the VMs are not "relief workers" but in fact hamper relief efforts while the VMs concentrate on getting their pictures taken and proselytizing for Co$.

Demonstrating touch assist quackery, etc., is a sub point.

Something like that.
  22. grumpus Member

I was under the impression we were waiting for the Video Director to finalize the layout of the video itself, then we would see what changes might be needed for the script. Then voice it, slap that in, then release.
  23. Anonymous Member

No. Stick to the format the other videos on the account will have used, with all of the stuff David says (the general speech) in the description. No need for anything else - subtitles are superfluous.
  24. AnonTani Member

Greetings everyone!

This is my first post on WWP but I'll skip the formalities and try to make it constructive :)

I made a tiny exit clip that can hopefully contribute to the project:

(ab)use it any way you wish, if you require any higher QL renderings don't hesitate to PM me.
  25. WagTheWog Member

It does no good if people can't understand what's being said . . .
    Just sayin' . . .
    And not everyone will see it on YouTube...
  26. WagTheWog Member

Shite!
    That is full of WIN!
    Noice!
  27. Re: IN PROGRESS: New Anon Video - Halp Requested.

That's really good!
  28. grumpus Member

You have video skills. Hang around. Also, welcome. ;D

I come down on the no-subtitle side. The video should be as close in format as possible to the original. We can always add a transcript of LeServe's remarks in the description, along with the script text. We can also add annotations there to explain the terms he uses like PTS. Or I could even see maybe using something like "PTS = Potential Trouble Source" popping up over his head when he uses a Scinoterm, but not subtitles.
  29. Anonynamefag Member

Very nice. Welcome to the fold. :D
  30. grumpus Member

I know theLastAnon was also going to work on video today, and I'm guessing he'll show up later tonight after the Super Bowl, so I guess we're kind of on hold until we can get all the videofags coordinated with him and get our final video layout.

Edit: Of course, if you're working on something or have ideas, let fly in the meantime. Mostly afk a few hours now.

Edit again: post below raises a good point about carcass-eating. Might not need that. Also I think we're getting close enough to finish by tomorrow. It would be better to have it really good than to rush it, but of course since Gawker already released the first draft as an article, it would be nice to have a finished product so soon after.
  31. ObamAnon Member

Yes, certainly.

This:

I know its not finished but, the juxtaposition of earthquake casualties and vultures eating a carcass is too jarring. Im not a moralfag, but fuck.. thats some heavy shit. Tune that down a bit. it will gross people out and they wont watch the rest.

Consider adding frames at the end with a "bibliography list" that people can freeze on and read so they can look up the docs themselves. Also, please consider some Anons might want to distribute this vid as part of a package with the referenced source docs included in the package.

You guys are awsome. Now Ill leave you alone to continue your work. Thanks!
  32. Ogsonofgroo Member

'Don't Get Fooled Again' by the Who?

'Changes' ~Bowie

'Change" ^^

'Calling Occupants' ~ Klaatu

'If I had a Hammer' ~ lots did it.

'Copper Head Road'

DM's fav't 'Bohemian Rapsody'?

The possibilities are endless, iow, whatever turns ya on!

:D
  33. Anonymous Member

One thing you might do before then to help the video people is make sure the script is where you want it. LastA mentioned cutting some parts Does that look okay? Are there other parts to cut from the script-or to tweak in it--now that you've seen kind of what it will look like in final form?
  34. Anonymous Member

Very nice. :)
  35. Ogsonofgroo Member

I agree, much better to use the side-bar for the transcript, maybe a link to any translations etc.
    I find that subtitles saying the same thing the voice-overs say clutters things up and is distracting. If there is a sub message, ie., with links, then not so much.
    Just a thought, probably fairly useless, but hey...

Oh, please do not ever use yellow for subs, colorblind people have trouble there, a nice blue of green is good imho.
  36. Anonymous Member

RAF - We've Got To Live Together
    YouTube - RAF - We've Got To Live Together
  37. Ogsonofgroo Member

Also, for music clips, check out some of the royalty-free music available, maybe something funky w/o lyrics? Even some techno/rave/dance would suit? Regge? Just drumming? Dunno.
  38. Anonynamefag Member

Might want to consider music that won't get DMCA'd. Just sayin'.
  39. Re: IN PROGRESS: New Anon Video - Halp Requested.

anything with lyrics is a bad idea.

Classical pieces would do nicely -with emphasis on David text imho
  40. Ogsonofgroo Member

Yuppers^^ which is why I suggested open source sources, lots out there, don't need lyrics imho.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.