Customize

Indictment Charges Megaupload Site With Piracy

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Datalove, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Datalove Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/20/technology/indictment-charges-megaupload-site-with-piracy.html
    WTF :/
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rof Member

3. Anonymous Member

So, aside from allegedly illegit items, what does this mean for all those who have legit items there?
  4. Anonymous Member

cocks for them
  5. Datalove Member

If you use megaupload, you are likely to be a pedobear, nazi and you kill artists.
    Trufax.
    It's well known that nothing is legit there ....
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AnonLover Member

Oh noes... this sounds like a wet blanket on a key leakage point.

Feds say 7 from Megaupload.com ran massive worldwide piracy website

Yes i know its faux news... but still.
  7. Dragononymous Member

did you also know that there already was a thread about this?
  8. AnonLover Member

no sorry - i fail at times when i get excited.
  9. Dragononymous Member

We'll just blame your femaleness again
    • Like Like x 1
  10. HOC Member

Threads merged. Carry on folks. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Kim Schmitz (born January 21, 1974), also known as Kimbleand Kim Dotcom,is a German entrepreneur best known as the founder of the Megaupload website and associated sites.

Prior to becoming an entrepreneur, Schmitz gained notoriety as a computer criminal who was convicted of credit card fraud,hacking,insider trading, and embezzlement.
  12. AnonLover Member

NoU. There is nothing wrong with my femaleness, its merely the inherent lack of any fking clue whatsoever in understanding womenz, on any level, on the part of maleness.

Also - cocks.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Dragononymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dragononymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anon PTS Member

Thanks, Dragon.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

Funny how FBI can shut a website and make arrests swiftly.

Funny how they are too fucking incompetant to shut down a criminal cult, in spite of overwhelming evidence, witness testimonies, video evidence, deaths, and international and federal crimes being committed routinely.

FBI can suck my downloads through a sweaty tampon.
    • Like Like x 12
  17. xenubarb Member

FIFY
    • Like Like x 6
  18. Dragononymous Member

Let's have some music with this
  19. xenubarb Member

• Like Like x 2
  20. Disco Necked Member

lol @ requesting anything from Nobama...

Ron Paul FTW.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

I'm not so sure that the knee jerk reaction against this indictment is warranted. It's no secret that tons of copyrighted material is made available on Megaupload every day. Obviously Megaupload can't be held accountable for every copyrighted item uploaded but they still have a responsibility to take steps to prevent their site being used in such a way. According to the indictment, the US government has compelling evidence that not only were they not taking such steps, but were in fact profiting off of their site being used as a distribution point for copyrighted materials. Now they will have their day and court and the government will have to prove its case. If they were tacitly allowing their site to be used to distribute copyrighted materials (and we already know that they profit from running the site) then they're pretty clearly in violation of the law and should have to answer for that. I can agree with raising awareness of this indictment to make sure there are plenty of eyes watching to ensure a fair trial, but I'm not sure I would automatically assume that Megaupload is in the right here.
  22. Anonymous Member

If you can believe "plenty of eyes watching" will ensure a fair trial, my kneejerk reaction would be ROFLMAO.
    And I am not assuming anything.
  23. Dragononymous Member

They actually managed to break pastebin...
  24. How? Overload?
  25. Anonymous Member

26. Anonymous Member

lol yes
  27. 3rdMan Member

As much as I think this is a waste of time and money, I respect there is a due process being applied here, rather than SOPA or PIPA.
  28. xenubarb Member

Yeah, send a note to a guy who has nothing to do with anything relevant to this issue.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Anonymous Member

I admire your optimism in the face of what appears to me to be a bucket of rotted clamshells being waved at government legal eagles.

I do not share your sense of respect for that long, long overdue process.
  30. 3rdMan Member

I'm not optimistic. There is still the problem with the courts not understanding how the internet works sufficiently to make an informed judgment.
    • Like Like x 6
  31. eddieVroom Member

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57362437-83/anonymous-goes-nuclear-everybody-loses/
  32. [IMG]

Yeah, I'm so sure it will be a fair trial. Nothing to see here.
  33. DeathHamster Member

You know, I really REALLY doubt that Megaupload was charged with piracy.

[IMG]
  34. Anonymous Member

35. Krautfag Member

36. Anonymous Member

37. Krautfag Member

Kimble is even a bigger cunt than smurf's ass dreams to be.
  38. Anonymous Member

Yeah I am going to agree with the article. The massive DDoSing isn't going to help the fight against PIPA and SOPA.
  39. LocalSP Member

FBI answers to corporations
  40. Anonymous Member