Customize

Information about "Access" A Scientology offshoot

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by milanalt, Jun 7, 2009.

1. I would just like to say I have personal experience with access Conciousness & to know that I let my judgement be clouded & be lured in by this cult still scares me. It preys on vulnerable people & starts off smart & casual. The founders are master manipulators & pride themselves on their successes through manipulation techniques, which they teach in classes. They encourage manipulation through sex, blackmail, guilt, money & power.
    They don't believe in love. They don't believe in monogamy & they believe that everything that happens to us in life is a choice be it subconscious or not. This includes cancer, sickness, abuse be it physical or sexual. This "cult" takes over people's lives & leaves nothing but turmoil behind. So that the member or as they see it the now "conscious being" is left dependent on the cult, it's teachings, it's "bars" process the community has instilled on them. If you know anyone toying with the idea of this group please make sure they are of sane mind & that you have done serious research before it causes unnecessary turmoil for them & everyone around them.
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

American self-help guru targets Sunshine Coast

David Murray, The Courier-Mail, Australia, February 11, 2017

Quote:

Communicating with the dead has turned into a big business for an American self-help guru, whose group has raked in tens of thousands of dollars from Queensland workshops.

Access Consciousness, described by critics as a Scientology knock-off, claims lives can be transformed by touching 32 points on the head.

Founder Gary Douglas, a former real estate agent from California, is said to have been shown the method after he channelled the spirit of murdered Russian mystic Rasputin.

His insights are shared with the public for a price. Members claim the techniques can do everything from curing cancer to fattening wallets.

But families of some members are concerned the group has the opposite effect on finances, with hefty fees charged for Access courses.

The group is active around the world, but has established a foothold in Australia and New Zealand and is regularly holding events in Queensland, primarily on the Sunshine Coast.

At least 31 people went to a $2200 a head, three-day course in Noosa last weekend, according to the group's Facebook page.

In a promotional video for the course, an event facilitator can be seen waving his hands above the trembling bodies of women on stage.

"We're going to get together in a room. There's going to be all kinds of stuff that happens," the man explains in the video.

"Three days later, (it's) just going to be more of you, whatever that is for you.

"The beauty is, whatever it is for us, we just become more of whatever that is."

A bus plastered with images promoting the group is being driven around the Sunshine Coast.

Another event is planned for Melbourne this weekend at a cost of $2500 a head.

A relative of one participant contacted The Courier-Mail to raise concerns about the hold Access appears to have over those involved.

She estimated that her cousin, a pensioner, had spent tens of thousands of dollars on fees and travel.

"Our family has spent months researching this group," the relative said. "There are claims about talking to animals and curing illnesses."

A spokeswoman last night said Access was about "empowering people" with pragmatic tools.

"Events cost to put on, there is room hire, audio hire, staffing and the travel costs of our speakers," she said.

Source: https://www.chinchillanews.com.au/news/american-self-help-guru-targets-sunshine-coast/3142286/
  3. Hi,

I'm a mother of 2 who's ex husband has become seriously involved with an Access Facilitator. He participates in Bars and allows her to have all her meetings at his house. She has 2 children of her own which she shows videos "gifting" the bars to her own children. Honestly- I don't care who my ex sees and would love to see her takehi. To the cleaners. BUT I don't want my children anywhere near this! They are young, happy, naive children who's father makes bad decisions. He is a drug and credit card addict with amazing manipulation skills himself. I'm looking into protective g legally from this cult's influence. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!