Customize

'Innocence of Muslims' outrage?

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Anonymous, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Not really. Happens all the time.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Anti-Muslim Film

The Man Behind the Movie

First Photo

0917-nakoula-wenn-3.jpg
    This is the man whose anti-Muslim movie -- "Innocence of Muslims" -- has triggered a wave of violence in parts of the Muslim world.

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula produced the low-budget movie - is seen here with Anna Gurji, one of the actresses in the film. The photo was shot this year, during production.

Nakoula, who lives in Cerritos, CA., got backing for the movie from hardcore anti-Islam organizations. The flick triggered violence in Egypt, Yemen, Tunisia, Morocco, Sudan, Iran, Iraq, Israel and the Palestinian territories.

U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and 3 other Americans were killed in the violence.

From www.tmz.com/2012/09/17/nakoula-basseley-nakoula-sam-bacile-innocence-of-muslims/
    • Like Like x 2
  3. http://gawker.com/5943828/13-powerful-images-of-muslim-rage
    Hend ‏@LibyaLiberty
    I'm having such a good hair day. No one even knows. #MuslimRage

Amenah A. ‏@Aimiekins
    I can't make bomb jokes on twitter. #MuslimRage

Ayesha ‏@ashsultana
    Where are those samosas.. going to organize protest at university cafe.. NO SAMOSAS NO PEACE!! #MuslimRage

Sadaf Baig ‏@nuqsh
    Head & Shoulders STILL hasn't made a beard conditioner!#MuslimRage

Randa Jarrar ‏@randajarrar
    After a long night at the bar, when there's only pork in your one-night-stand's fridge #muslimrage

Twitter Hijacks Newsweek’s #muslimrage Hashtag to Hilarious Effect
    http://bullettmedia.com/article/twi...tag-to-hilarious-effect/#.UFdihy4H6A0.twitter

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

5. ItchyScratchy Member

That hash tag should be #muslimfauxrage.
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

Published on Sep 17, 2012 by StormCloudsGathering

In the past week there has been an outbreak of anti-U.S violence across the middle east which was sparked by the release of an anti-Islamic film. Now there's been speculation as to whether this film was released as an intentional instigation, there has been condemnation sent in the direction of both the film maker and the rioters but so far I haven't seen anyone outlining the real root of the issue.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mongrel Member

I absolutely adore dhimmis like him. They're just so cute :)

Of course, the citizens of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Egypt (to name a few) do have a legitimate complaint. But how does that explain Libya? I'm no expert but I'm fairly certain the US didn't support their dictator. Or how about Malaysia? Can't remember the last time America bombed them. But even better, how does that explain Australia and the UK? I am truly sorry for what these people have to deal with. They can't worship, they can't pray, they can't vote. Oh wait. That's what happens in the countries they left. Silly me.

These people leave their stinking shithole countries for a better life in the west, and proceed to bring their shit with them. The only thing I see in common is that they're upset because someone made fun of their imaginary friend.
  8. Rockyj Member

Ex-Lax (2 - 3 chocolate bars) can really help with that...trust me I know!
    Yes, as a kid my older brother told me it was just plain old chocolate!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Since Newsweek=The Daily Beast, that pretty much says it all. Also, to the Muslim complaining about not finding a good beard conditioner, I hear Aveeno body wash is an excellent alternative. lol
  10. Ex-Lax is gross. Binaca to the eye is painful. Do not recommend.
  11. I think #MuslimRage may be the new First World Problems.
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

Raw Video: Prophet Film Protest in Thai Capital

Published on Sep 18, 2012 by AssociatedPress

More than 700 police guard at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok as protests against an anti-Islam film produced in the United States spread to Thailand.

Movie Jihad? Muslims call for 'holy war' as film fury spreads to Europe

Published on Sep 18, 2012 by RussiaToday

The Anti-American rallies started exactly a week ago and have rapidly spread to countries and continents - including Europe, where some Muslims are calling for holy war. Amid the flames and fury, a German far-right group is planning to stage a screening of the film in Berlin. As RT's Laura Smith reports, the unrest could trigger the EU's own storm which has been brewing for years.
  13. In response, I suggest that Muslim groups stage a screening of Fireproof, just so it can get the MST3K treatment it deserves.
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Uploaded by provfilms on Aug 1, 2008

The OFFICIAL trailer for the new movie FIREPROOF which opens September 26, 2008.
  15. Anonymous Member

Kill it with umm... fire?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Speaking of which, why don't they do a film adaptation of The God Delusion? They did it with Freakonomics, and that was brilliant!
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

Muslim Rage: Over 50 killed in 30-nation Islamic protest wave

Published on Sep 18, 2012 by RussiaToday

The number of dead over an amateur film deriding Islam is now more than 50, one week since protests began. The latest victims were a dozen people in Kabul - killed instantly when an Afghan suicide bomber rammed a car full of explosives into their minibus. And joining the fray is Thailand, where rank upon rank of riot police formed a perimeter outside the US embassy. Hundreds more protesters marched on the mission - waving banners and chanting against America. The embassy was put on lockdown ahead of the protests - and all non-essential staff were sent away for safety. RT's Priya Sridhar now reports on the most violent of recent episodes.

The protests have been spreading, springing up in more than 30 countries in just one week. And violent episodes have been on the rise too - with militants and terrorists seeking to capitalize on the anger. More large-scale demonstrations are now planned in Iran and Lebanon. RT talks to International Consultant and Former Deputy Speaker of the Belgian Parliament, Lode Vanoost.
  18. cafanon Member

19. mongrel Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

The French Magazine Firebombed Last Year Is Planning To Anger Hardline Islamists Again Tomorrow

By Adam Taylor

Charlie Hebdo, a long-running French satirical magazine, angered hardline Islamic groups last year with a magazine guest-edited by "Mohammad", the Islamic prophet.

For their efforts, the magazine eventually found that their offices firebombed. Luckily no-one was injured, and the magazine went on to put up another shocking issue, with a cover that showed a traditionally-dressed Muslim man (perhaps Mohammed?) sloppily kissing a male Charlie Hebdo cartoonist.

Now, according to Le Monde, the editors of Charlie Hebdo are preparing to cause controversy again with a issue released tomorrow. The cover shows a Muslim man in a wheelchair pushed by an Orthodox Jew with foil cap and under the title "Untouchables 2", an imaginary sequel to a recent French film. The pair are saying (rough translation) "You must not mock us!" According to Le Monde, there are more shocking cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad inside the magazine "in daring positions".

Of course, given recent protests around the world about an anti-Islamic YouTube video and a new, higher reward on Salman Rushdie's head, we suppose the timing of this issue is... brave?

France's Foreign Minister, Laurent Fabius, is currently in Cairo and has condemned the cartoons, saying "I am against provocations".

Here's the cover:

charlie-hebdo-cover.jpeg

From www.businessinsider.com/charlie-hebdo-new-mohammed-cartoons-2012-9

More reports: www.google.com/news?ncl=dgOyajI4UnScJ0M1meNqu0FvJ0K1M
  21. Anonymous Member

This one's for you, genius:

22. Anonymous Member

When this all blows up into WW V, I'll still be in my bomb-proof bunker laughing my motherfucking ass off at all of you predictable fools.

God is great.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

ORLY? You know something we all don't, faggot?
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

Telecomix Syria@TelecomixSyria
    Looks like "Innocence of Muslim" has lead to full blockade of #YouTube in some countries like #Bangladesh - some help probably needed there

Saudi Arabia threatens to block #YouTube as a whole if #Google doesn't remove "Innocence of Muslim" video.

#YouTube is blocked in #Afghanistan, #Pakistan and #Bangladesh.

#Russia may block #YouTube as a whole under special anti-terrorist law.

#Streisand "Innocence of Muslims" trailer is mirrored - http://ur1.ca/abw4m - blocking data does not solve societies' issues #datalove
  25. That's awful that, for the first time ever in their entire histories, dictatorships, including Russia, are oppressing the freedom of the press. This is truly an unprecedented development. In related news, I was as shocked as the rest of us when the sun set in the west last night.
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

Pakistan activists target controversial French magazine's website in prophet row - Telegraph

Pakistani hackers claim they were responsible for bringing down a French magazine website after it published nude cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed.

By Rob Crilly, in Islamabad

The images have provoked deep anger among Muslims who consider any depiction of their Prophet to be blasphemous and come as protests continue against an amateurish, internet movie Innocence of Muslims.

The website of the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo was inaccessible on Wednesday afternoon, amid reports that it had come under a denial of service attack since the early hours of the morning.

A group calling itself the Guardian of Honour of the Prophet, SAW – an abbreviation for the Arabic May Allah Pray on Him and Grant Him peace – claimed it was responsible.

"We don't promote violence, instead we peacefully put the down the website that had posted blasphemous content today," it said in a statement sent to a technology website.

The front cover of the magazine showed an Orthodox Jew pushing a turbaned figure in a wheelchair and several caricatures of the Prophet were included on its inside pages, including some of him naked.

The previously unknown Pakistani group said it wanted to offer an alternative, technological means of protest to violent demonstrations and said it would use the same techniques against any other sites that published blasphemous content "We just demand justice for the hypocrisy that's going on in the name of 'freedom of speech'," it said.

"If the government is not taking any action against so called blatant freedom of speech, we will do whatever is necessary to stop the blasphemous content of our holy prophet, and the whole Muslim Ummah is behind us." Pakistan has seen dozens of protests in the past few days and the government has declared Friday as a national holiday in honour of the Prophet Mohammed.

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/9552973/Pakistan-activists-target-controversial-French-magazines-website-in-prophet-row.html

DDOSd ("The connection has timed out"): www.charliehebdo.fr
  27. Tourniquet Member

This will not end well.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Weird. I had no trouble getting onto that website, thank the Profit Mohammed, Pedophiles Be Unto Him. My guess? Most of the "Muslim Ummah" thinks you're a bunch of assholes, but thanks you for not blowing shit up and murdering innocent people this time. If there were a good and just god, he would have targeted these extremist shitstains years ago so their infection could not spread. Whenever religion and government get too friendly, good people die and suffer needlessly, all to please a bunch of allegedly grown adults' invisible and nonexistent sky friend. To Muslims, Christians, and Jews, your god is dead, and you killed it with your fundamentalist bullshit and hypocrisy. Makes me glad I'm an atheist.
  29. Anonymous Member

Yes. Muslims are able to violate the laws of infidel physics, AND get the entire US military to stand down, which is why 9/11 was so successful. Damn the FBI forever for finding a martyr's passport whole at the Ground Zero.
  30. Anonymous Member

When did World Wars 3 and 4 happen?

lrn2count faggot.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

32. Archer Member

Really?

Millitant Atheists:
    CS8Bl.jpg

qzC9H.jpg

EyTVG.jpg

This should be enough to make my point.
  33. Anonymous Member

The West has stuck its cock into a hornet's nest. Good luck extracting it.
  34. Anonymous Member

Cock's been in place for over a century, nothing new to see here.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

36. The Wrong Guy Member

France to close schools and embassies fearing Mohammed cartoon reaction - Telegraph

France is to close embassies and schools in around 20 countries on Friday due to fears of violence after a weekly satirical magazine published cartoons of a naked Prophet Mohammed.

French schools in Tunisia, home to 30,000 French have already been closed until Monday as a "preventive measure", while schools and cultural centres in Egypt will close on Thursday.

Riot police on Wednesday took up positions outside the Paris offices of Charlie Hebdo, whose former headquarters were firebombed last November after it published an issue called Sharia Hebdo featuring Mohammed as "guest editor". The real editor has been under police protection ever since.

The magazine's website was down yesterday, with staff saying it had been hacked. A Pakistan-based group calling itself the Guardian of Honour of the Prophet, SAW claimed responsibility.

The magazine's editor, also a cartoonist who uses the name Charb, said it mocked all religions and extremists with equal zeal and denied the timing was particularly provocative.

"The world context will never be favourable to having a laugh at the expense of radical Islam or religion in general," he said.

More at www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9553722/France-to-close-schools-and-embassies-fearing-Mohammed-cartoon-reaction.html
  37. Anonymous Member

also, while you're waiting, do please watch this

you see the future
  38. Anonymous Member

Dark and confused?
  39. Anonymous Member

^ kind of like the present. Muhammad is my co-pilot, Jewtube is my crystal ball.
  40. The Wrong Guy Member

‘I’m not the one going into the streets with stones and Kalashnikovs’: Charlie Hebdo editor rejects responsibility for violence over naked Mohammad cartoons

By Nicholas Vinocur, Reuters

The editor of French magazine Charlie Hebdo has said that when his magazine ridiculed the Prophet Mohammad on Wednesday by portraying him naked in cartoons, he and his organization were not responsible for fuelling the anger of Muslims around the world who are already incensed by a video depicting him as a lecherous fool.

The editor, Stephane Charbonnier, also known as Charb, rejected criticism. “We have the impression that it’s officially allowed for Charlie Hebdo to attack the Catholic far-right but we cannot poke fun at fundamental Islamists,” he said.

“It shows the climate. Everyone is driven by fear, and that is exactly what this small handful of extremists who do not represent anyone want: to make everyone afraid, to shut us all in a cave,” he told Reuters.

“Muhammad isn’t sacred to me,” he said in an interview at the weekly’s offices on the northeast edge of Paris. “I don’t blame Muslims for not laughing at our drawings. I live under French law; I don’t live under Koranic law.”

Charbonnier said he had no regrets and felt no responsibility for any violence.

“I’m not the one going into the streets with stones and Kalashnikovs,” he said. “We’ve had 1,000 issues and only three problems, all after front pages about radical Islam.”

One cartoon alluded to the scandal over a French magazine’s publication of topless photos of the wife of Britain’s Prince William. It showed a bare female torso topped by a beard with the caption “Riots in Arab countries after photos of Mrs Mohammad are published”.

More at http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...ty-for-violence-over-naked-mohammad-cartoons/