Customize

Inquiry on RJ Ellory, successful crime fiction author and member of the Birmingham section

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by kiwolah, Mar 7, 2013.

1. kiwolah Member

Hello guys,

My name is Julien, and I'm a journalist for French magazine "LIRE", and I'm currently inquiring on Roger Jon Ellory and his involvement in the cult. He's a very much praised author here in France but the truth has never been exposed on him.

I came to understand he was an auditor in the 80s, but has now gotten discreet, while his wife Vicky was still on the forefront. Do any of you know more on his (theirs) whereabouts ? What are their roles today in the Birmingham section ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Best,

Julien
    • Like Like x 2
  2. grebe Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. kiwolah Member

Exactly ! This very guy ! Who has sold a million books in France over the past three or four years...
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  7. Anonymous Member

Very Scientologisty of him, no?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sekee Member

9. Anonymous Member

2011 fundraiser:

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. moarxenu Member

Of perhaps related interest in France is the publication in French of Jenna Miscavige Hill's new book -
    Rescapée de la scientologie.

Here is a report from Jonny Jacobsen, who writes Infinite Complacency. He is a former Agence France Presse journalist who works in Paris and wrote 39 articles of original reporting on the trial of Scientology in Paris for organized fraud.

His report on Jenna's book appeared recently in Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker.

JENNA MISCAVIGE HILL’S MEMOIR GETS A RINGING ENDORSEMENT IN THE FRENCH SENATE
    Our man in Paris, Jonny Jacobsen, sent us this dispatch on a remarkable moment in France’s upper legislative body…
    Tuesday evening, former Scientologist Roger Gonnet testified before France’s Senate committee of inquiry into the influence of cult-like movements in the health sector.
    As in the United States, the Senate is the upper house of France’s two-tier parliamentary chamber and as such carries a certain gravitas.
    And at least one of the senators had been doing her homework.
    Senator Muguette Dini said she had read Jenna Miscavige Hill’s memoir, Beyond Belief, about her time growing up in Scientology (already translated into French).
    She had read it over a weekend, she said: “I devoured it.” And her verdict? “Very edifying: excellent!”
    Senator Dini is from the centrist UDI: the Union of Democrats and Independents. (You can see where it sits ideologically by looking at this graphic of the Senate’s political representation.)
    But in any case for years now — at least since the Solar Temple murder-suicides of the mid-1990s — there has been a cross-party consensus on cults in general and Scientology in particular: they are not fans.
    Another senator asked Gonnet if he thought Hill’s book was an accurate account. Gonnet replied that while he could not vouch for every detail — some of what he had read there was new to him — so far as he could tell it was an absolutely accurate account.
    Gonnet testified on his experience in Scientology in the early 1970s to mid-1980s. He and his family spent eight years inside the movement.
    He explained how he set up a branch in Lyon and, having translated the relevant texts into French, ran the first Purification Rundowns there.
    He told how he almost lost one of his clients there — making it clear that if he had followed the procedure set out by Hubbard, in his view his client would almost certainly have died. (He sketched out this story during histestimony in the 2009 Paris trial.)
    The committee is due to deliver its report on April 10.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. kiwolah Member

Thank you all for your contribution, this is really helpful !

Ellory is often describing himself as dividing his time between writing and working in the field of drug rehabilitation. Since the man has been rewriting his own history several times, I was wondering if the latter part was a way for him to cover up his activities in Scn. I'll try to dig a little more on that.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Anonymous Member

Scientology + drug rehabilition = Narconon. And Narconon is one of Scientology's most controversial front groups. If you can find a connection between Ellory and Narconon, there is a ton of dirt to coming to light in the US you can tie it to.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. moarxenu Member

[IMG]

Hey Julien, I hope Lire writes a story. If and when they do please post a link here so we can read it.
    • Like Like x 4
  15. RightOn Member

am I the only one who sees L Ron when you read his name?
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Anonymous Member

I once confused the name with James Ellroy, an extremely talented writer, imo... probably because of that misreading, I don't see the LRH connection.
  17. kiwolah Member

Of course, I'll be happy to post the story here. I'm just still trying to get in touch with a few "witnesses" but the data is here. The Narconon aspect might also be a big thing if I can get sure there is a connection between them...
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

There absolutely is. Narconon is 100% Scientology. As an anti-drugs organisation it's absolutely bogus - its methods are total bullshit. It's just a recruiting ground for Scientology.

See footnotes 1 to 11 on the wikipedia page for some good sources to confirm this.

see also

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Narconon/doctrines.htm

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Narconon/organisations.htm

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Narconon/personnel.htm

which goes into a lot of well-documented detail.
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Anonymous Member

I think our reporter friend meant a connection between RJ Ellory and Narconon when he said "connection between them."
  20. Anonymous Member

oh!
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Anonymous Member

http://www.rjellory.com/about/biography/

Only a Scientologist would put Hubbard in company with Plato, Kant, etc.

"drug rehabilitation techniques and blah blah blah" sounds to me like a sanitized way of saying "Scientology training routines including talking to ashtrays", in this context.
    • Like Like x 3
  23. DeathHamster Member

Is Narconon allowed to operate in France? (I realize that RJ Ellory isn't in France.)
  24. wolfbane Member

Indeed. And something for our reporter friend to keep in mind - as a Scientologist, RJ Ellory has sworn [in writing] numerous times to oppose the legit mental health industry plus holds in dispute many modern medicine diagnosis. A Scientologist fervently believes Scientology can cure addiction and nothing else is needed. This is why Narconon programs DO NOT provide actual addiction counseling and limit exposure their "students" get to real medical professionals.

So any drug rehabilitation program Ellory is pushing absolutely has to honor those same principles that Narconon is based on. Else he would be declared a suppressive person and kicked out. Erego -- If he is in "good standing" with the Birmingham Org + pimping drug rehabilitation programs = it absolutely has to be Narconon or some flavor of Scientology-based treatment.

IOW, a Scientologist doing drug rehabilitation and the question of "is it Narconon?" is similar too the classic question "does a bear shit in the woods?" - of course they do / of course it is.

Hopefully, finding the proof shouldn't be too hard.
    • Like Like x 4
  25. Anonymous Member

26. kiwolah Member

What would be "org reg" ? Organisation regular ? Can't seem to find the meaning of this acronym.

As for Narconon, yes, there is indeed a center in France, supposed to be in the Alps. But I had never heard of it before.
  27. wolfbane Member

That's two acronyms together -- org = organization; and reg = registrar, a staff member at an org who signs people up for courses and services.
  28. Org is short for Organisation - a Scientology group. Sometimes the building is called the Org, as in the Paris Org.

Reg is short for Registrar - the person who 'persuades' you to pay money for this or that course, using extreme, high-pressure sales techniques. This process is known as 'regging',

Scientologists think all these abbreviations and acronyms are cool, so they have thousands of them. In fact they have so many, it's a bit like a language, known (by most non-scientologists) as Scientologese.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. moarxenu Member

The registrar is not like a registrar in universities who actually registers you for courses.

The registrar in a Scientology org is actually something like "Chief Salesman", who uses high pressure sales tactics to get you to pay for courses.

The verb is "to reg someone" and the passive is "to be or get regged."

E.g "I got regged to death at Flag. They regged me $20,000 for auditing intensives and another $30,000 for courses."
  30. jensting Member

• Like Like x 2
  31. kiwolah Member

Thank you all again for your help and support. I'm still trying to link Ellory to Narconon, but it is hard to get solid proof. But, well, I'll do my best to nail it. I'll keep you updated !
    • Like Like x 4
  32. kiwolah Member

OK, I've had new interesting elements today, I'll keep you updated !
    • Like Like x 4
  33. kiwolah Member

• Like Like x 10
  34. Anonymous Member

35. jensting Member

Splendid!

I like this quote:
    Which basically credits the organisation known as the "church" of $cientology with getting him off drugs. Not narCONon, just the "church."

Comments are interesting :)[/quote]
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

"My brother and I were so serious drug problems" The google translataion of the above.
    Henceforth all scientology spokespeople will be exdrugaddicts "SAVED" by the tech.

My french is pretty crap but you have some negative comments there I think.
  37. Anonymous Member

Bravo!

The comments need some francophone love though.
  38. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  39. moarxenu Member

"un sacré cachottie" lol.

btw has anyone posted this over in the Francophone sub-forum? We could use their harpoonz in comments to the articles.
  40. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 2