Customize

International Lisa McPherson Facebook Day

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Xenu Is Lord, May 3, 2011.

1. Xenu Is Lord Member

I would like to suggest that we have a national Lisa McPherson Facebook day. This is where everyone that has a Facebook Page post links to sites about what happened to her. In turn asking all of their contacts to do the same. I know about only 1/10th of my facebook friends know anything about it. I am wondering if it was all done in a 24 to 48 hour period if it could go viral?

What day do people recommend? I will count the votes and we can shoot for it.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

since her anniversary is a long way off (Dec. 5th), looked for an upcoming remembrance holiday you could tie into. Ran across: June 26 - International Day in Support of Victims of Torture on timeanddate.com.
  3. WMAnon Member

Might be a difficult sell when the folks involved with Egypt, Bahrain and Iran have more immediate cause for concern (edit: on the subject of torture. I like the idea in general, just not the proposed date).
  4. ZeroC Member

I really like the idea OP. But feel as already mentioned this would have a larger impact around a date of significance. Perhaps this is something to plan in advance so it can be executed effectively at the decided upon time. My personal vote goes to the 5th of Dec as well.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. May as well make it this date as well... If it's to remember Lisa McPherson, we should just sticki with the date significant to her.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

excellent idea
    • Like Like x 1
  7. annoncangirl Member

Love the idea...it is amazing how many people know nothing about what happened to this poor woman. I vote for Dec 5th!!
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Gives us 7 months to plan something epic for that day! Flier campaigns, international raids The whole nine yards
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Jeff Jacobsen Member

I'd vote for Dec. 5 as well. lisamcpherson.org averages about 200 hits per day. When you google "autopsy photos" it's the first hit. That is where it gets consistent hits, unfortunately. However, if that brings people who otherwise don't know about Scientology, so be it. Lisa's family wanted her story told so no one else would have to go through what she did and they did.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I would love to know if this happens. I have about 200+ friends on fb and most of them knew Lisa. We all went to school with her.
  11. Anonymous Member

!

What school was this? What year, did you know her personally?
  12. Jeff Jacobsen Member

If you all would like to write a sort of bio. of Lisa during the time you knew her, I'd put it up on her site.

• Like Like x 1