Customize

Internet Explorer 9 fucking sucks ass!!!

Discussion in 'How To' started by Smurf, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Smurf Member

I'm constantly being prompted to update from IE7 to IE9 which I presume is tied to Yahoo! Every freaking time I try to access my Yahoo Mail (I have 5 accounts), I have to get past the page..no, I do not want to update my Yahoo! to some fancy new beta version of Yahoo! Mail which I Google search earlier told me fucking suck's ass as well.

So, I give in and update to Internet Explorer 9... it asks me if I want to change my default search engine from Google to Yahoo! I choose to keep Google. That's where all the problems began. Pages freezing up.. I couldn't even access YouTube which doesn't seem to exist on IE9.. my bookmarks were deleted as well as all my work saved on Microsoft Word.

Then my computer crashed. I got a black screen with messages that I had a bad disk somewhere that needed to be corrected. That took another hour to correct.

Nearly 3 hours later with a system restore, I'm back to IE7 and I'm not budging. Is this typical with Internet Explorer updates? I see all these computer sites that claim that IE9 is this wonderful program with all these new widgets, but blogs from individual users that have had nothing but problems with IE9.

Any computer tech people with ideas for updating software that doesn't screw with a computer?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

Use Firefox?
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Internet Exploder is an integral part of the Windows operating system. Microsoft has a long track record of using the public as free beta testers for their shitty fucking software. Almost ANY OTHER browser would be better to use.

I'm with Anon = Firefox for you.

Meanwhile, really consider going over to Mac. Seriously.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. veravendetter Member

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Sonichu Moderator

Outlook works and it helps people?

Avoid longing into web based emails all together.
  7. Django Member

I'm a longtime Mac guy, currently on Snow Leopard, and am being warned off of Lion by other longtime Mac guys. I pretty much never upgrade software until there's a .3 after the primary version number anyways, but I'm told this one is particularly nasty....
  8. Strixcoil Moderator

The best way is to use the "try and error".
    I tested many web browsers before ending up with Opera (being Chrome my complementary browser).
    Try to see which one seems more comfortable and doesn't get you all confused.

You should use Thunderbird to check all these e-mails,so that would make it a lot more easier for you (Also Thunderbird is pretty comfy for managing accounts. After I got all set,I don't have to open browsers anymore except when I don't want to open the start menu)
    I have about three accounts, two hotmail and one gmail. They work just fine in Thunderbird after setting them.

The best way to take this is: Which is your main objective when installing a program?
    Which stuff you take in mind when using them?
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Anonymous Member

Snow Leopard kills laptop batteries. Apple won't tell you that!
    Stay away from Lion.

I run Leopard 10.5.8, stable as can be.
  10. veravendetter Member

I've got a fully-charged Cougar with 10 hour stamina in my lap.
  11. Anonymous Member

Yeah, but what can you run on it?
  12. Anonymous Member

What's your OS, Smurf?
  13. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Yahoo is forcing people into that update. I hate the fact I have to fight between my gmail and my yahoo accounts. Especially since my work uses Gmail for business email.

However, your problems seem to center around a few issues that are not IE9's fault. I have IE9 on my computer and have not had any of the problems you describe. You can try updating to 9 and run it with all add-ons disabled and turn ones on as needed.

That "black screen with messages that I had a bad disk..." sounds like something other than IE9 and more like a hardware failure or Windows making sure everything is fine. You may want to run Window's diagnostic tools like Disk Check and Disk Defragment in order to stream line shit. If it BSODed, then odds are that Windows was checking to make sure everything was fine on that disk. It usually does a disk check whenever Windows doesn't shut down properly or gets interrupted when starting up/shutting down.

IE9 is ok only if you have properly installed and updated things like Flash, Java, etc. Frankly, I rather like Firefox. However, there are other browsers you can try like Google Chrome or Apple Safari. IE will always attempt to reload because it gets bundled into all Windows Updates. You can opt out of that if you wish of course.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

first-ever troll, mate?
  15. Yup. Same thing with me. I thought I was the only one.
  16. Anonymous Member

not u, PS, Anon's post above yours LOL
  17. Saul Goodman Member

Firefox. Never use IE. Ever.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. PodPeople Member

If you're using XP by any chance, do Not upgrade to IE9.
  19. Anonymous Member

"First released to computer manufacturers on August 24, 2001"

I hope he's not using that obsolete garbage.
  20. Strixcoil Moderator

I want to convince myself that the times when I used IE were just an horrible horrible nightmare.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Smurf Member

Microsoft Windows Vista.
  22. Sonichu Moderator

The statement which shall henceforth be known as "Mistake #1"
    • Like Like x 9
  23. LocalSP Member

You can't upgrade to IE9 with XP.
  24. Anonymous Member

IE?

Damn Smurf, you're just so 1990's dude!!
  25. WMAnon Member

This is not a how to
    • Like Like x 1
  26. IE is useful for downloading a better browser. :3
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. Chipshotz Member

Smurf, I definitely 2nd the motion for Firefox. Firefox
    Firefox will import your IE bookmarks.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. Smurf Member

Yeah.. well, it came already loaded on the computer I purchased from Best Buy 3 years ago.
  29. Smurf Member

Thanks.
  30. Anonymous Member

www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

FoxForceFive is your friend!
  32. Smurf Member

What would I do with a team of female secret agents??
    • Like Like x 1
  33. BlooAnon Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  34. adhocrat Member

Leave that to us. We'll figure something out
    • Like Like x 4
  35. veravendetter Member

Go shopping?
  36. Anonymous Member

This thread is now a how-to thread.
  37. Strixcoil Moderator

Oh good heavens,UBUNTU...!
    Don't make me start on it,I sincerely love Ubuntu,even though I can't fully manage on it.

Linux has a special place in my heart,but I can't manage or use Linux at it's full potential as I want...I'm way to o used to Windows.

If you need something with the looks but with more utility than Vista/7, Ubuntu is the way. But if you fear codes or anything... TERMINAL will make you cry blood. I still have nightmares with Terminal...
    (Sometimes you have to insert orders via Terminal,last time I remember,to make some shit work fine. Maybe I'm still stuck in an electronic incident with Hardy Heron)

If you can,move to Windows 7...I always suggest XP,though. More stable IMHO. But lately people had been trollin' me with 7,so try 7. (If it dies,you know that you can blame my friends,not me LOLZ)

Vista is...eh,pretty horrible. I had heard horrible stories from programmers crying over it when they have to work something.
    Win7 sounds less FAIL for some reason. (Again,XP is way better...more years,still gets updates and runs everything just fine if you know how)
  38. Tangerine Member

Smurf, I recommend that you do download and use just Firefox. I have a Windows computer that I never ever use the Microsoft crap on, except Office. I never use IE (haven't for 10 years) and I also avoid the players and pretty much everything. Anyway, you'll find Mozilla Firefox is a lean, mean browser that when used, does not take up tons of space like IE, so things will run quicker and smoother for you. It is also more secure. Since you have multiple email accounts - and probably lots of other accounts that use passwords - you'll also enjoy that Firefox saves your passwords, so you never have to type in a password here, on your email accounts, or anywhere.

Suggested add-ons are Better Privacy and FoxyProxy, if you use proxies sometimes. One more thing: please stay away from additional toolbars. Some people have a Yahoo one, a Google one, and buried is their browser toolbar. What a mess.

Don't use Chrome or any Microsoft offerings. You'll be glad you didn't.

Let me know if you have any problem with the upgrade.
    • Like Like x 3
  39. Tangerine Member

I agree - avoid Vista (Fista) at all cost. Windows 7 works well though.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I agree, Win 7 is very good. I have had no problems with it and I have taxed my Win 7 box a lot.