Customize

Internet Explorer 9 fucking sucks ass!!!

Discussion in 'How To' started by Smurf, Sep 20, 2011.

1. anonymous612 Member

Yeah, pretty much.

Seriously, did Mac users only get internet access this year or are you just abnormally stupid?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dragononymous Member

They will get 'sick' in a short time anyways
  3. Smurf's biggest mistake was using Winblows. You Mac users can kiss my ass too. Yeah, pay way too much for inferior hardware built in sweatshops where people fucking an hero regularly because they can't fucking deal with it, while using an OS ripped from BSD and championed by a guy who tormented his employees even worse than your average Burger King manager, while being lauded as a "visionary" and "great man." If I believed in Hell, I would say Steve Jobs is certainly there. If you want safety, security, and something that just fucking works, go with DragonFly BSD or any flavor of Linux. I recommend Salix or a member of the Ubuntu family, though go with a MATE or GNOME Classic environment, because Unity sucks ass. They talk about "bringing elegance", but it's just a festering boil on the ass of people who use it. If you're really hardcore, get some motherboards and multicore CPUs and build your own Beowulf. Hell, with that, you can join Team Xenu on SETI@Home just for teh lulz. The team is currently ranked 385 out of 60,742, putting them in the top percent of all teams hunting for aliens.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. anonymous612 Member

It's not an OSfight until a Linuxfag starts acting all superior.
    • Funny Funny x 6
  6. iOS and OSX are members of the *nix family, except they're all fagged up with shit that negates the inherent security of Linuxes and Unixes. Anyone who uses a *nix should have an appreciation for security and cleanliness, and Apple's droppings have neither. Linux Mint, named for something Linux users don't use, isn't bad, but for my next computer, I'll probably go with Salix OS, which is a member of the Slackware family. Mint forked from Ubuntu, a Swahili word meaning "I'm a fucking emo hipster who wanted something that sounded cool, but this is what I got instead." Ubuntu, of course, forked from Debian, a name meaning "FOREVER ALONE PERMAVIRGINS. WHY AM I SO LONELY!!!"
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Also, to all of you Macfags out there, a Mac worthy of the name doesn't use Intel chips. They use Motorola or IBM chipsets. You might as well use PureDarwin as your OS and build your own better. Now you kids, GET OFF MAH LAWN!!! Old man shouts at chair cloud.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ThatGuy? Member

simple introduction to Ubuntu

I didn't bother to read the whole thread, but i now use both Ubuntu and Windows 7. I only use windows for things that i can't get to work on Ubuntu. Its very cool to do nearly everything from the terminal, make documents in vim, do a scan and harvest info from websites with the harvester, is all very nice and easy when you learn it. Vim comes with a tutor that you can access by typing: "vimtutor" in the terminal it has some easy exercises. If you are more of the visual interface guy you may not like to use the terminal as much. You don't have to be an expert to use Ubuntu. Don't be scared to search on the internet for tutorials on how to install program, as this may be hard for a non geek.

Hope this helped you if you couldn't decide whether to install Ubuntu or not, Firefox is pre-installed, and haven't had a single problem this far. (Ubuntu user for 1 week)
  9. Ubuntu is great for newbies, and Linux Mint is a member of that family. My next computer, I'll use a BSD or a Slackware fork instead, because I want something lighter. If you have older hardware or just don't want things crapped up, go with something that uses the LXDE desktop environment, like Lubuntu or the LXDE version of Salix OS.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I believe he was trying to get the point across that he doesn't use forums because people like you try to belittle him. It's sickening really. From what i understand, he was just trying to help . :)
  11. they are just computers, mac users can "kiss" your ass? ha!
  12. Ya know, not every person who owns a mac, owns one to shit on other people...
  13. Why?
  14. this whole thing about hipsters and shit is annoying as hell. they're just computers, is my 75 year old grandmother an "emo hipster"( which are to very different things)? NO!!!!!!!
  15. ThatGuy? Member

We are pretty off topic, but downloading ubuntu will atleast solve the problem with ie and all the anoying things on a windows.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. I should have clarified by saying I was calling the founder of Ubuntu an emo hipster. Your grandma, unless she's awesome, wasn't that person. I should also say that "Slackware" is a word meaning "dude with a neckbeard who likes to wear nipple clamps outside of the bedroom." "Windows" means "Fuck security. I just want something that costs way too much and plays Angry Birds while jeopardizing my information."
    • Like Like x 1
  17. The LXDE variant of Salix OS is also pretty good. I've taken that for a test drive. I just wish their Live DVD was for their 13.37 version instead of 13.1.2. Lesson to all Linux n00bs, burn an ISO of a live version, if available, so you can take it for a test drive before you commit to it. Much like John Travolta around a beautiful woman, it's not hard.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ThatGuy? Member

So easy to have both windows and ubuntu on same pc :)
  19. Which variant of Ubuntu do you use? Do you use the base version, or do you use Lubuntu, Kubuntu, or Xubuntu? I'm starting to fall in love with the LXDE desktop environment. Even if I had a high end computer, which I don't, I'd rather have as light a desktop as possible so the greatest amount of processing power can be devoted to performing useful work, while still being user friendly. If I had my own overclocked Beowulf cluster, I'd still go with a Ubuntu or BSD that uses the LXDE. Honestly, if you're going to build a Beowulf, you might as well overclock it just because, but you'll want a chipset where power usage scales fairly linearly with the amount of overclock, instead of exponentially as sometimes happens.
  20. ThatGuy? Member

I always hear of all the different Linux operating system names, I don't know much of them so ill try to stay with normal Ubuntu for now, haven't had a single lagg, and have had no problems with my hardware not being good enough. Which is very surprising considering that I have Samsung chronos 7 series, which is basically a very thought through macbook pro clone.
  21. Honestly, building a computer, even a Beowulf, isn't that complicated. Overclocking is easy, as long as you remember cooling and overclocking the RAM as well. You just need the gear, and the instructions are online. Even Wikipedia has stuff on it. Some *nix variants are specifically geared towards building a multiprocessor computer. DragonFly BSD, Scyld, Rocks Cluster Distribution, or Quantian would probably be my choice. If, for example, I want to build a computer that is capable of 250 GHz of processing, that would be 19 motherboards, 19 lower end Intel CPUs, and the RAM and other associated hardware needed. If you overclocked that, you might get it up to 375 gigaflops. Sure, it would run about $10k, but it would be faster than the best supercomputer from 1994-mid 1996. Why would anyone need that much power? Because they can.
  22. Ubuntu and members of the Ubuntu family are probably best for beginners. They have a great community that I've made use of from time to time. The great thing about Linux is that once you get it running, you don't have to worry about it.
  23. ThatGuy? Member

I want to run a pen test against my own computer, from my Ubuntu portion. Got any ideas how to do that? At start-up I can choose between Windows and Ubuntu. Got any idea if I can attack the computer while in the ubuntu portion?
  24. I found this article on penetration testing. Tom Cruise's next girlfriend should be safe from "penetration."

http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/15599/pen-testing-practice-box
  25. Anonymous Member

Do you mean partition? Sure. Why not?
  26. ThatGuy? Member

I don't know if that would work because the windows part is turned off when i use the ubuntu part. I choose what operating system at boot.
  27. Anonymous Member

real haxx0rs use win95 with Netscape
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  28. I'm doing online school. Done with test. About to submit... Crash. I get an F for "skipping" math. We're all just test dummies to Supreme Overlord Gates. I bet it would crash if I searched "I should have got a Mac."
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

You'd probably get an F for "skipping" grammar, too.
  30. Seems like I'm not the only one pissed off here. I have been trying to update because youtube tells me that it will no longer support IE7. Now I've downloaded updates, upon updates upon more updates and it's telling me I need more FUCKING UPDATES!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!! MICROSOFT, YOU FUCKING SUCK!!! GTFO!!!
  31. Anonymous Member

I take it you have XP. Sadly, you won't be able to get IE 9.

Also: Add to your ragefit you have to update Java, Flash, and others that may have worked fine with 7 but need updated due to the change over. That isn't Microsoft's fault or anything to get RAEG over, it's just a minor inconvenience and will be fine once you update it.

The internet isn't going anywhere. It'll be here still once you get done with all your updates.
  32. another123 Member

For the sites that TELL you what you can and cannot use (as a browser) , get Firefox (the highest model your OS can handle [if its really ancient] and install the plugin: user-agent-switcher
    You can then switch your browser broadcast to whichever browser the site requires. Note: if it requires some specific part of that browser, it may not work, but at least you won't be blocked from the entire site.
  33. Internet Explorer is a fucking horrible browser. Top heavy bloatware
    • Agree Agree x 1
  34. anonymous612 Member

The only reasons you should ever use IE is if you derive physical pleasure from your own suffering or you're too stupid to know how to install new programs.

What browser you SHOULD use is up for debate. But IE is not one of the ones that gets debated.
  35. Anonymous Member

Mac or die.
  36. Anonymous Member

Who uses IE anymore anyways? Seriously.

I'd love to hear your colorful response to that.

I chose Die because I can get a computer twice as powerful for the price of a Mac. Also: PCs aren't as restrictive as a Mac.... Unless you enjoy being in a walled garden and afraid of everything that isn't offered by your Apple Overlords and are an Emo flushed with money you want to burn.
  37. Anonymous Member

A PC is a one-size-fits-all IT solution with that monstrous turd of a Windoze OS sitting on a doomed HDD.
    A Mac is composed of a OS which is designed to work with the Mac hardware and vice versa.
    Dumbass... :) I use lots of 3P software that's not offered by Apple.

Keep fighting with your "powerful" Windoze machine which isn't working to its capacity... or get a real computer for a little more $. I'm not an Emo, but I did pony up for a Mac Mini with 8GB RAM and great video card OOB.
    I spend a LOT less time fussing with my OS now that I switched... but, do what you like.
  38. anonymous612 Member

Fucktards. The answer to your question is fucktards.

Problem: both the Mac OS and Mac hardware sucks.

I choose PC because I don't need fucking training wheels to operate a computer. Macs remind me of, like, the Disney cellphones for kids that can only call their mommy or 911. Bawww, I'm a Mac user and I can't be expected to THINK when choosing or using my computer, please make all my decisions for me.

You know what owning a Mac is like? It's like when you order your food at a restaurant and the waiter asks you what you want as a side, and you didn't realize it comes with sides and you don't know what they are or what to pick so you freeze like a deer in the headlights until she suggests something. That's owning a Mac.
  39. Anonymous Member

Fail. You don't own a Mac, so you're just assuming that's how it is.
    All PC owners wish they had something better, so get all jelly (liek u) when a Mac owner is beside themselves with happiness, as I am.

PCs fucking LOL
    Windows = beta version security hole you could drive a Mac truck through.
  40. Anonymous Member

Guess you never heard of Linux and it's plethora of different OS configs... or the fact you can tweek Linux and make your own.

To which you have to buy Apple approved hardware to run the Apple OS.

Show me where you can build a PC from scratch using PC parts AND run an Apple OS... I wish you luck because Apple is against DIY builds.

My philosophy is Computers are like blunts: The best ones are the ones you roll yourself.

LOL at your assumption I love Winblows. Went Red Hat Linux years ago and never looked back.

Bigger LOL at Windows 8. WTF were they thinking? Maybe, just maybe, 8 will be the end of Microsoft in the PC market.

Considering that the going price of this PC after rebates is $230 and most Linux OSs are free, it is hard for a Mac to compete.

To your favor though, Macs do have their place in the world. They are a big hit for those that are creative like writers and game devs. They also make great computers for those only interested in selective things like art and publishing. So, it'd be dumb to totally count out Macs.

Forgot lazy fucks. Lazy fucks who aren't able to use Google and find out there are other browsers than IE. Hell, even Google pimps Chrome like a crack dealer at a convention. So it's kind of hard to miss.

Not to mention a fucking nightmare to find parts for when the "Apple hardware never breaks down!" hardware, does in fact break down in an epic way.

Oh and lets not forget that most PC hardware out in the market won't work on any Apple OS. So much for rolling my own Mac... err.. Blunt.

That almost summarizes it. However, what causes myself not to totally hate them is because most people, both Mac and PC users, want something that gives them the least amount of problems in order to create their own.

For example: Bloggers and writers use Macs because they don't want their computer to extend beyond that scope. They aren't going to play Worlds of Warcraft or games on it or do any other shit than write shit. They just want to write their shit and be done with it. For that, Mac does have quite a bit of creative suites. Even Adobe was at one point strictly Apple and Adobe is a great creative software dev. company.

What is really troublesome with Macs is their unwillingness to let others make clones or homebrews and their price. IIRC, and forgive me if I am wrong, you have to pay for updates for Mac OS. Windows and Linux don't.