Customize

Internet Explorer 9 fucking sucks ass!!!

Discussion in 'How To' started by Smurf, Sep 20, 2011.

1. anonymous612 Member

Right, because the fact that my primary computer is currently a PC means I've never owned nor worked with any Mac ever in my entire life.

Also lol at the stupid ITT. PC is not only Windows. Idiots.

Ahh, but then if you ever do decide you want to use it for anything else at all, everything goes to hell real fast. My computer on the other hand can handle anything I throw at it. It works just fine if I need to write, it can run most of the programs in existence, it can even game reasonably well even though I'm a horrible person who needs to get around to upgrading the graphics. Is it the BEST writing computer in the world? No. Is it the BEST internet-browsing computer in the world? No. Is it the BEST gaming computer in the world? No. Because I wanted an all-around system instead of something that only excelled at one task. And if I did one day decide I needed it to be able to handle more heavy-powered games, for instance, a relatively minor upgrade or two and it'll be done. I don't have to go out and buy an entire new computer like some companies want you to. AND if when I bought it I decided I wanted it to be great at any one thing in particular, I could have done that, too.

Point is, PCs aren't pretty showhorses, no. They're workhorses bred for versatility. Our PCs might be ugly and unhip (is unhip a word) but they pull their own weight and then some.

versusbs.jpg

Now, if you just need a computer that can only do what you bought it to do, great. Macs exist for a reason; sometimes you really don't need any other abilities. But you'd better hope you never change your mind about what you want to do with it, because racing thoroughbreds don't pull carts and clydesdales don't become showjumpers.

And yes, I'm probably overly pleased with that extended metaphor.
  2. Anonymous Member

Good metaphor.

Bottom line is that computers, both Mac and PC, have their own strengths and weaknesses. It's up to the end user to decide what is best for them. It's stupid as fuck to say "X is better than Y!" when the reasons, to paraphrase, has to do with Microsoft Windows. Apple is no better than Microsoft and you needn't have to search hard to find proof. Shall I begin with the epic faggotry between Apple and Samsung?

To justify your choices based on Microsoft alone deserves the thrashing and beating only you 612 can give.

As for myself: I build my own and am damned proud of it. It's cheaper and gives you the satisfaction of making a beast that you can modify and make run circles around most Walmart/Apple store brand computers for a fraction of the cost. Does that make Apple inferior or degrade their worth? Not a chance. It works for me, that is all that matters to myself.
  3. Anonymous Member

I'd be delighted to do so. I even did it before I grew up and graduated to a Mac:
    http://www.osx86project.org/

I tried Linux years ago. I spent more time configuring it and dealing with incompatibility issues at the time than getting work done, so I went back to Windows for a time.

Windows 7 isn't as bad as Vista or Windows 95/98, I'll say that... but why settle?

True, if price is most important to one.

You should try gaming on a Mac with a decent video card. I couldn't tell I was on a Mac while playing HL2:E2.

Mac users can get the AppleCare warranty for 3 years, for $121.
    I'm not saying Macs don't fail, even spectacularly... but that's WHEN they do.

Try the site above. I've built a Hackintosh, which made me want to get the genuine article even more.... Once you try Mac, you won't buy crack and you'll never go back.

I haven't paid for software, Windows or Mac, since 1998. YMMV ;)

Peace,

Mighty Mac
  4. Anonymous Member

Ok, I repeal my stance on that.It has been a while since I messed around Mac Hardware...

Linux, depending on your preferred flavor (Red Hat? Ubuntu? There is more than one choice in Linux) can have issues out the gate as Windows. However, I found Red Hat had the least amount of issues and I was able to fix those problems fast... However that is ONLY because of my familiarity to it. Your issues are understandable and no way make you wrong, it just wasn't your cup of tea and you moved on.

Considering your Mac stance: 7 isn't a Mac OS that is certain. However, 7 would have been the next XP had Microsoft not be so... Ok. They are fucktarded for 8 and trying to fuck the Windows Phone up everybody's ass.

I thank the IT deities for Windows, though. Without Windows, I'd have nobody begging me for computer help and giving me money for the fixes.... Even though I haven't touched it in a long time.

It usually is. Especially for my clientele.

That is NOT to say I shoot down their wanderings to Mac. I do tell them honestly about the costs associated with a Mac vs. a barebone I create for them...

...However, the iPad has made transitions to that computer almost seamless to some. As I said earlier: Macs have just as many strengths as PCs and maybe just as many weaknesses. The trick is for users to choose based on what they feel is best.

So, I'm not a Mac hater. There is no need for hate. I just prefer my RHLinux and the fact I can have complete control over my PC than I would with a Mac or a Windozer box. However, I acknowledge that isn't for everybody and doesn't make you anything but human in my view.

I have no doubt that Macs can stand the requirements of gaming. The issue, and it is a slowly disappearing issue, is the number of game companies who don't publish for Macs. Why they don't is a million dollar question, however it is in fact becoming less of a problem.

Linux users have it bad though. Steam is just now appearing on Linux. Most games have to be run on an emulator... Not to mention, you can't play MMOs without the risk the game server screaming that you are cheating.

That's great.

Problem is: If it needs fixed immediately, parts aren't easy to come by. Not to mention the uncomfortable way parts are arranged on these newer desktops.

It's all good if you do have AppleCare... but if you don't and you are left to your own devices: It's a little harder road to hoe. However, perhaps that isn't the case anymore based on your site you mentioned.

PCs, on the other hand, aren't. Walmart sells HDs, RAM, and OSs. A local shop has my PS on hand and even motherboards....

If your site is accurate though, perhaps this gets undermined too and becomes null and void.

That'll be interesting to try and be a testimony if this converts me to a Macker. Still, I love my Linux and it's hardly crack like Windows. Linux offers, at least in my view, more control over the overall operations of the computer than say Windows or MacOS.

Not pishposhing MacOS though. Linux has it's problems like running all over the web for work arounds for games or having to find/write drivers for a brand new drive. Mac and Windows does it faster in that area and has far more game studio support than Linux does.

I only buy if I want it or it is necessary. For example: Games I buy since I want to support the studio.

Otherwise, I stay with OpenSource or find like you do free stuff (as long as it is legally free).
  5. anonymous612 Member

Oh god, 8. What. Just. What is that shit. I don't even know. At all. They can make me use 8 when they force it into my cold dead hands.

I saw it in person for the first time about a week ago (a family member uses it) and I don't...even understand...why is the desktop an app? how does that even make sense? That would drive me nuts.
  6. Anonymous Member

Yes I imagine trying to hoe a road as if it was a row in a field would be a little hard.
  7. Kilia Member

8. Anonymous Member

Can we say "Vista/Win98 all over again"?

Obviously, nobody who developed 8 got the saying "Don't reinvent the wheel" and got the memo that a vast majority of PC users don't have touch screens as a primary input device.

Surface? LOLing at the $500 price tag. Surface is just Zune in a tablet form: Trying to ride the coattails of Apple's success of the iPad/iPod with the same price tag. Much rather use my Droid tablet that cost much less.

Microsoft should stay with the Xbox since that is the only thing they haven't completely and utterly fucked up in epic proportions... Well, that is of course if you forget the Red Ring of Death and various other faggotry they have done with it.
  9. Anonymous Member

I hope you don't mind, to my mind's ear that entire post was voiced in a snooty teenage know-it-all way.
  10. Anonymous Member

Teenagers amuse me with what they don't know.
  11. You should clean your computer. Even the Intel Core uno processor can run Internet Explorer 9.

In addition, please do not be so conservative. All versions less than internet explorer 8 is slowing down the internet. The majority of websites would have a lot more effects with less required resources if IE8 and less did not exist.

Older versions of internet explorer is really slowing down programmers with it's lack of functionality.

It does not support: Html5 elements, transitions and alpha coloring. In addition, it has a tendency to place elements wierd compared to other browsers.

Inline blocks has to be specially designed for IE. Microsoft has even realized how much their own browser has sucked. That is why Microsoft tried to make it good by implementing conditional comments and special targeted CSS.

But the only solution is to upgrade all users to Internet Explorer 9 and newer. The problem is that alot of people is conservative and they do not want to update their old browsers.

Therefore you give website programmers thousands of headaches and slows the internet down.
  12. cTp Member

What kind of idiot uses IE?
  13. Anonymous Member

What kind of idiot makes a IE thread last 6 pages?
  14. Anonymous Member

The kind that doesn't know the Op is banned from WWP and can't even reply.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. cTp Member

What kind of Nazi mod did that?
  16. Change to Mac, bwahahahaha!!!! Do it go on I dare ya. So many moronic Apple fanboys here. Mac sucks arse, apple are now losing market share to android cause people are becoming far more 'techy' and realise apple is a money scam....!
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Microsoft and IE SUCKS! What a crappy browser, it SUCKS ASS

It's scary IE 8 actually wasn't bad for css coding, it finally almost worked like all the other browser. IE7 sucked and now IE9 is just like IE7