Customize

Iran re-arrests Christian pastor once sentenced to death

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by iraniam, May 13, 2016.

1. iraniam Member

2. anonysamvines Member

One thing that always puzzles me, I read it somewhere and I have never actually checked ( I don't like ANY religion no matter the flavour)
    But
    Doesn't the Koran say that JC is ALSO a prophet?
  3. iraniam Member

Yes it does . There are many sections in Quran that talks about the Christ in details BUT the Islamic Republic just don't like any other religion But freaking Islam.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Disambiguation Global Moderator

"Youcef Nadarkhani, 38, was arrested Friday by Iranian authorities along with his wife, Tina Pasandide Nadarkhani, and three members of their house church.

Nadarkhani and his wife faced interrogation for several hours before being released later in the day. The status of the other detainees was not immediately clear, according to a report by Christian Solidarity Worldwide."
    So he's been released but not all of those with him.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. anonysamvines Member

Thanks for confirming that - sometimes I am too lazy or otherwise occupied to follow through on stuff.

I am interested in this part too
    That second option surprised me. Not as all or nothing as would have been expected.

The bloody Christians can be just as freaking stupid and one sided as SOME Islamists

For didn't JC say there are many paths etc ...
    Now he didn't mention Muhammed specifically since Muhammed wasn't around at that time
    Both religions say There is but ONE God and there are many ways to get to him

So what possible reason other than freaking idiocy could the Pastor have to refuse?
    He isn't denying Christ or his religion. He isn't denying his God.
    He would in fact be reiterating his own idol's words and meaning

He is just being an ass in the same way as the other asses.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JohnnyRUClear Member

No, the idea of "many ways" is not what the Bible teaches.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me."
    --Jesus

To proclaim Muhammad a prophet would not be in keeping with Christianity. I don't understand how Muslims believe that it works the other direction, for that matter, but whatever. Conflicting beliefs are conflicting.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. anonysamvines Member

Well I am about as well versed in the bible as I am the Koran so ... I defer to your knowledge there.