Customize

IRL Raid on Youtube?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Anonymous Member

IRL Raid on Youtube?

I know people are getting tired of hearing about [STRIKE]jew [/STRIKE]youtube, but it (and censorship of it) is somewhat important/symbolic to the fight here and scifags are pretty much getting their way on Youtube now (hopefully noone will watch their shitty vids but thats not point).

San Fran Anons would be in striking distance, so plan of action:

1. Intell, scout the HQ consider best legal ways to be visible and if possible interact or at least flier employees.

2. Protest outside the HQ mainly at the start and end of business to get to their employees.
    CoS violated youtube ToS repeatedly with anonymous facts and then again by circumventing the suspension every time it got suspended. Put the arguments together against them and the info on xenutv1 and how their company is protecting an abusive cult and flier and posterize their employees on their way into work.

I think the message here should be fuking with the internet might lead to real action. And don't bother sage'ing with stay on target remember how this shit started.

This is their HQ

901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA - Google Maps

You can contact YouTube at the address below.
    YouTube, LLC
    901 Cherry Ave.
    San Bruno, CA 94066
    USA
    Phone: +1 650-253-0000
    Fax: +1 650-253-0001
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: IRL Raid on Youtube?

The IRL stuff might have an impact. The phone/fax is pointless, since you can't speak to anyone past a phone operator... nobody of importance is going to hear your phone calls.

Possible mail spam? That could get their attention, and at least has some better chance of getting read. However, we have to be careful... they are already on the Scilon's side, and pissing them off further will just make them totally ignore Anon and go completely over to the Scilon side.
  3. Anonymous Member

The OP is absolutely right!

We ARE getting tired of hearing about YouTube.

Stay on Freaking Target.
  4. Anonymous Member

Ok, then we'll go after Microsoft!!

then Walmart

then Coca Cola

fuck it, then NAFTA.

WTO...

"You can't have your Youtube until you've finished your Scientology!"
  5. Anonymous Member

Awesome way to target the hypocrisy they've shown in allowing Sci to have a channel after ToS, but not allowing WBM the same.
  6. Anonymous Member

On target because the focus is entirely on the cult, this our propaganda vs theirs.

Look at youtube like another front group for Co$. Outing anons on youtube was a fairgame move, calling on their cult followers to go out and vandalize our guys and a fail attempt at intimidating the rest of us this.

Educate youtube's employees on their companies hypocrisy with Co$ and WBM. And about the abuses and lunacy of the "cult" that is a youtube sponsor.

San Fran Anons are right there, San Jose is near too.

Should be an easy op, nothing fancy needed just some signs and anons to greet employees on way into work, at front of building and at parking garage entrance.
    Offer fliers, whatever, keep it legal sidewalk around the building is probably public?
  7. Anonymous Member

This raid CAN be "on target": Flyer the public with the 'normal' Chanology stuff, while informing YT employees of the faggotry their company is up to. Maybe double-sided flyers?

Aside from the current objective, the way this situation unfolds could very well affect the way YT specifically, and the internet generally, deals with these touchy free speech/information issues.
  8. Anonymous Member

I think at least, a video of people protesting youtube, on youtube, would be lulzy indeed..
  9. Anonymous Member

On target. Do it.
  10. Anonymous Member

I agree that YouTube isn't directly in our ligne-de-tir, but if Co$ wins this one it'll just keep interposing big corporations btw itself and us to make sure it stays safe.

YouTube is not a target, it's territory. And it's our fucking territory. We need to take it back.
  11. Anonymous Member

At #8: videos are ineffective unless they're Message to Scientology quality. Plz not to be wasting people's time with crap.
  12. Anonymous Member

Is it me or is a bit silly to have to log in in order to post anonymously??

Back on target - the international base for YouTube copyright seems to be Google's Dublin branch and I suspect other Irishfags would be up for taking some sort of action.

HOWEVER, at this point in time I am reluctant to engage in a raid. Security is said to be top notch and there is little chance of getting near the premises as a part of a group wearing masks. For the moment pestering and ringing them is the way to go.

Because they are in my backyard I feel obligated to do something - problem is I am not sure what. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If you do have some good ideas cross posting into the Irish May10th forum so we can see it may be a good idea.

Fucking hate anonymous posting.
  13. Anonymous Member

YT and Co$ are fuckbuddyes, so higher managment will not lift a finger. We Coud perhaps reach out to the employees, but guess what, its a private company, they can probably just do wahtever they want. So as much as i hate it, theres nothing we can do for now.
    LOVE the anonymous posting BTW
  14. Anonymous Member

That was probably said before the declaration of war.
    That was probably said before the DDOS attacks.
    That was probably said before the first protest on Feb 10th.

It wasn't true then and it still isn't true now. Don't complain don't get. And the last time I checked phoning, emailing and writing to complain was still legal. Until such time as someone comes up with a more actionable and effective idea this will remain the superior option as opposed to sitting round scratching your arse.

If they are fuckbuddies then we fuck with them until such times as that situation changes.

Nothing we can do? GTFO. This entire fucking project is pretty conclusive evidentiary support to the contrary.
  15. Anonymous Member

>#14
    I reiterate: The phone operators pretty much just tell you "I'm sorry, I can't help you with that" and ask you if there is anything else they can help you with. No way to get in touch with anything useful, and they just ignore you after a while. Phone just gets you a dead end.

Mail and email are workable though.
  16. Anonymous Member

Go to the media, I disagree with IRL Youtube raiding.
  17. Anonymous Member

I beg to differ - making YouTube the target of a raid makes YouTube the TARGET of a raid.

By doing so, you are NOT on the Target of exposing and protesting the abuses of the CoS.

Instead, you are placing Anonymous in direct opposition to YouTube - a privately owned company that not only has the 100% right to make up its own rules, it also has the right to enforce those rules any damn way it wishes.

Suck much? It sure does. But pissing on their front door step isn't going to make YouTube say, "Oh, gee - I guess we were wrong! Sorry, dudes!"

Instead, staying on Target and EXPOSING the corruption and unfair influences of a SUPPOSED religion in the daily business practices of a SUPPOSED private company will bring much stronger pressure to bear on YouTube to re-evaluate their decisions to favor one side of this controversy over another.

Instead of spending so much time fretting over WBM's justifiably punished account (according to YT's ToS rules), why aren't we out there making more videos to be put up on YT on DOZENS of more accounts, not only taking advantage of YouTube's policies, but using them to continue to slam the CoS?

Stop waiting for permission - START MAKING VIDEOS.

But taking people and resources and putting them in the face of YouTube IS off Target, if our Target is the CoS. Period. (As in, that's what I am now on. Brb, tampons.)
  18. Anonymous Member

Understood, however

To reiterate:

Not a protest against youtube, just some anons fliering at youtube against the cult.

We can educate youtube employees on the actual abuses and on the double standards of them getting away with repeatedly violating youtube ToS while getting critics knocked out.

Flier that says these fukers are evil and here's how your helping them.
    With a main focus on the namefagging and how that ties into fair game, mainly how the name fagging was a threat and intimidation tactic, and how they got ToS'd and keep coming back.
    Maybe youtube employees would like to know about Mudkips the cat, Nevar Forget!

The only negative here is if it would be a waste of time, but I think masked freaks hanging outside the building might be watercooler conversation worthy.
  19. Anonymous Member

Well, then yes - it would be a waste of time. Because the general employee of YT is probably as completely ignorant of Anonymous as they are of the Truth about Scientology. And whatever clock-punching employee you DO reach with these fliers, they are in no way going to be in a position to do anything about anything.

There are far more practical things that can be done along these lines. Waste of time.
  20. Anonymous Member

we'd get better results with meeting with those ppl that run the colbert show

IRL RAIDS ON YOUTUBE = FAILS

STAY ON TARGET

don't want our message getting like this
    piff saw anonymous
    protesting scientology
    no youtube
    can't they make up mind?

WE KICK SCIENTOLOGY TO THE GROUND, then face off with youtube, they won't be a match to us..mostly pansy that work their
  21. Anonymous Member

This idea is fail, the jihad against youtube needs to stop beyond getting the CoS sockpuppets and the CoS itself banned.

STAY ON TARGET
  22. Anonymous Member

Unlike the CoS, Youtube doesn't give a damn about us, really. They're not afraid of us, and they have very little to lose from us protesting them. The raids against the Scilons are only effective because they do horrible things and freak out whenever we come near.
  23. Anonymous Member

^^^
    YES

Repeat

STAY ON TARGET
  24. Anonymous Member

[size=+5]Real life raid = NOT ON TARGET

Email, fax, phone and letters complaining = ON TARGET[/size]
  25. Anonymous Member

MARGARINE = NOT BUTTER

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT BUTTER" = I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT BUTTER!!!
  26. Anonymous Member

1. it is a privately-owned company. They CAN make their own rules.
    2. IRL raid on the company would suck, see point #1
    3. A mail campaign might get them to change their minds, being that we have over 9000 members, but
    4. being a corperation, they probably don't give a fuck.
  27. Anonymous Member

5.????
    6. Profit

You forgot these. Intregal to success.
  28. Anonymous Member

My bad.
  29. Anonymous Member

#26 here
    LMAO
  30. Anonymous Member

#28 here, I am not #26, #29.
  31. Anonymous Member

But, then - who is #30?

Wait...I'm confused....goddamit I hate forced anonymous.
  32. Anonymous Member

[size=+15]^^THIS^^[/size]

Ok, I'll go wait in the corner now.....
  33. Anonymous Member

Goddamit I love forced anonymous for the confusion it garners.

Anyway, in my disembodied opinion, protesting/mailing/emailing/phoning youtube is a bad idea, as it is unlikely to achieve more than just pissing off youtube.

A better way to reach YT is to reach the viewers. Which is what we are already doing. If we want youtube to change their stance and stop treating Co$ shit so favourably, we have to continue making it obvious to everyone that Co$=bad, I doubt yt will want to continue helping Co$ once they realise the Scilon videos it hosts are hiding a terrible organization. (ok, sure YT will have already heard the bad things people say about Co$, but my point is that they've little reason to care as a company (beyond a personal 'I do not approve') unless a lot of their users and audience are unhappy with YT supporting scientology.)

At protests a few fliers could be more orientated to Scieno PR, and how they hide the reality. This could be a general theme encompassing that;
    -Co$ silences its critics (Mark's YT channel gone)
    -Co$ spends a lot of money trying to cover up what it's like to be inside.
    -An example of this is the advertising campaign visable on yt, intended to distract viewers from criticism of Co$ &
    -Other propaganda is shown internally, which means a lot of Scientologists are not aware of what's really happening outside (with regards to public opinion and what Co$ does.) [eg claimed #Scientologists vs realistic estimates]
    -Mention censorship etc.

I'm too tired to continue writing this post or even check it isn't utter shit.
    Some Anon read this and criticise.

TL;DR- As we continue to gain momentum, people who were previously unaware or neutral towards C0$ will become skeptical of them. YT will not want to antagonize its viewers, at some point it WILL cease supporting the cult.
  34. Anonymous Member

Facing The Facts
    1) Mark Bunker had a channel that had a violation of copyright on it. YouTube informed him of this and canceled his channel without letting him remove the offending video.
    2) Mark Bunker made another channel and posted his own videos there for MONTHS.
    3) Those videos were critical of scientology.
    4) Scientology bought ads on YouTube.
    5) Mark Bunker uploaded a video preview of an interview that would be very damaging to scientology's credibility. This would in fact be the most damaging video of scientology ever uploaded to YouTube.
    6) YouTube, after months of not doing anything about Mark Bunker's second channel, terminated his channel right before the damaging video was to be released. The reason given was that this second channel violated YouTube's TOS, even though it had been in this state for months.
    7) Scientology made a channel that had videos showing personal information of people.
    8) YouTube cancelled this channel.
    9) Scientology made another channel, with videos promoting scientology.
    10) YouTube, after being notified of this second channel violation of their TOS, has REFUSED to remove this second scientology channel.

Face the facts. YouTube, instead of remaining a neutral site, has firmly decided to fully promote scientology and silence all EFFECTIVE critics of scientology on their site. They have decided to become FULLY engaged in this war, clearly supporting the side of scientology. We would have to willfully blind ourselves to come to any other conclusion.

WHY YouTube has decided this is debatable.
    THAT they have decided this is not.

As far as I can tell, this means that we have to add one more site to our protests: YouTube headquarters.

Understand that in effect, YouTube has become just another scientology frontgroup. So protesting them is like protesting CCHR, The Way To Happiness, Narcanon, and any other scilon frontgroup. It is their full support of scientology, to the point of hypocritical double-standard support for scientology, that makes them a confirmed scilon frontgroup. Obviously someone(s) in the upper echelons of YouTube either is a scilon or has been bribed/blackmailed effectively by the scilons. Remember the scilon tactics: they aren't just stories of long ago, they are still fully engaged in them. The scilons infiltrated the freaking U.S. federal government, successfully blackmailing them into acquiescence. Really, forcing YouTube into obedience is a walk in the park compared to that.

Whatever has happened is real. The effects are undeniable. YouTube is now scilon territory. As such, it IS a legitimate target of IRL raids. Protesting YouTube headquarters IS staying on target.

Right now, while the transition to scilonation is still ongoing, is the perfect time to start IRL raids on YouTube headquarters. We still have a chance to wake up the staff of YouTube to what is happening and maybe get enough of them to try to stop it. There may be some on staff who are suspicious of what is happening, but not feeling they can say much. But talking about "those protesters outside" forces an opportunity to talk about this inside the staff offices.

Questions we want them asking themselves are:
    "Why ARE we enforcing a double-standard on account closures?"
    "Is scientology controlling our decisions on video and account cancellations?"
    "Will scientology stop with just some advertising here, or will they try to control our site to their desires?"
    "Am I in agreement with what is happening around account and video cancellations regarding scientology and anonymous?"
    "Are a different set of rules being applied to scientology? If so, why?"
    "Does it seem like someone here is bending over backwards to appease scientology? If so, who and why?"
    "Do I feel comfortable enough to bring up any questions I have regarding our actions around scientology? If not, why not?"
  35. Anonymous Member

OMG ALL YOUTUBE STAFF ARE OSA!!!

Youtube, believe it or not, are not front row spectators in Anon vs Scientology. Sure they'll be keeping an eye on how it involves youtube due to all the fuss the first Cruise video caused, but ultimately they're not gonna be trying to suppress Anon in the hopes of propagating Scientology in the hopes of MEGABUCK$ from scientology ads.

I don't know if this has been suggested already with regards to Mark Bunker's channels & videos, but why don't anon create many many youtube accounts and upload whatever videos MB's channels had (with Mark's permission of course)?

It would be a lot of effort to take them all down, and would push youtube to confronting the issue of biased censorship.

(This move wouldn't have legal implications for MB would it? Assistance in mass distribution of copyrighted material? I don't know how strong the copyright claim is.)
  36. Anonymous Member

Seriously STFU about jewtube
  37. Anonymous Member

#35 here, I lurked slightly more and now want to say: disregard, i suck cocks etc.
  38. Anonymous Member

39. Anonymous Member

NYPA, I'll just do both.
  40. Anonymous Member

We Eirefags are considering raiding the Google International offices here in Dublin.
    They handle all Youtube copyright claims and violations outside of the US, I may add.