Customize

IS Independent’s Day Weekend

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Kha Khan, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: IS Independent’s Day Weekend

I thmell trololol
  2. Anonymous Member

If you act like a faggot, you're going to be called out for being a faggot.

Talk about them all you want. That doesn't change the fact that your point is 1) still not relevant and 2) yet again fails to consider the point I made earlier about income factoring into ability to travel. What you also fail to consider or recognize is that this ONE indie event drew this size of crowd compared to the 3 anon events that did the same or better. 3 is more than 1. This site may help you: Learning to count

Yes, it is a comparative traffic rank number....because that's the number you would use to COMPARE TRAFFIC RANK. What part of that fails to enter into your brain for processing? The gap is the gap. WWP is ranked nearly twice as high as MartysPutYourBlindersOnAndForgetHubbardIstheCause site.

Did you just use the word cluster? A lot of sites are clustered from top to bottom in this ranking of 100,000 sites. Which is why you use a comparative ranking system to determine their real value to the web. Clusters are cleaned up and organized by rankings. That's, you know, the point of a ranking system.

A site's impact isn't simply related to the number of visitors, it is how engaged those visitors are on the site, and thus the model used by Alexa to accurately rank traffic for sites comparatively encompasses both # of visitors and # of page views per visitor. WWP leads on both measures (and on all other measurements) and is thus ranked nearly twice as highly as CrazyFucksKissingMartysAss.com.

My point was you were the first to bring it up in this thread. Until your non-pithy post, no one in the thread was discussing relevance of the indies. The examples you site speak to the degree of relevance, not irrelevance.

The correct response was for you not to post your bullshit troll in the first place. You got what you wanted, be happy for that.

And in terms of how "effective" Chanology is compared to the indies, this quote bears reposting:

You seem butthurt that we don't give the "indies" the credit you think they deserve compared to Anons. Why is that? You're like the guy who works at the methadone clinic who's pissed off and jealous of the guy who works at an actual, effective heroin treatment program.

The "indies" can keep getting their methadone dosage from Marty, but it doesn't mean these addicts are cured or any less of a menace to society.

/rant

Finally, I honestly don't care about any of this or about "numbers" in particular. None of those things really matter in terms of capacity to enforce change on the cult.

I just thought your bullshit should be addressed with information.
  3. Anonymous Member

I think even more, much more, than competence.

Let me cut to the chase. The majority of Commentors on MR's Posse Blog seem to be long term, hard liners, some public, some staff. Crimes, abuse and fraud are reported in these blogs and comments by some. More freely admit they were witnesses and did not report to police or any authority and still justify it per Hubbard policy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe in the real world this would be considered accessories in some cases and in most Obstruction of Justice.

As to public, from comments I have seen, we're talking hundreds of millions of $ that those commenting admitted they'd continue to fork over for many years After they saw flagrant wrong doings, even "out policy", continued anyway. Some of these public sacrificed their own children even knowing something was wrong.

Think about it. Crimes, fraud, abuse, fairgame, extortion, the endless lists of horrors that this "posse" is now fully aware of, and aware is still Happening Right Now ...

What are they doing Now? Blogging, having parties, planning strategies of Version 2.0 or whatever of new, improved Sci. Protesting? No. Going to authorities, writing up and submitting depostions? No.

No matter what else I think, I will not discredit those who have spoken out to the media from this group and the positive effects of any of it.

Nor will I forget that within this group are bonafide criminals as well as witnesses, all who have explicitly written in that blog forum many implicit details without the slightest, compassionate hint of an intention to come forward and effectively put a stop to it. Because Hubbard said so.

So comparison of website hits, number of party attendees, blah blah blah,
    while people, families, children and lives are still being destructed en masse is Irrevelant.
  4. thetanic Member

The indie movement was always there, we're just now more able to be open about it. (I am sort of on the very edge of the indie movement, but I declared myself one ages ago, and have moved progressively away from the center of it.)

What Anon has allowed is more open discussion between exes. Some have gotten completely out of Scn, and some have gone to other equally moonbatty practices instead.

Regardless, it is still nice to be able to meet up with other ex-CofS, no matter what their current affiliation, in public.
  5. anonymous612 Member

Yeah, it really sucks when I'm right.
  6. Anonymous Member

Yes, and let's just continue to ignore that little detail about Marty's Posse including criminals and their witnesses, accessories and obstruction of justice.
  7. Anonymous Member

Pretty sure it's the same guy, the creases on the shirt seems to be exactly the same. Possibly not a hat, just a tentative to black out the eyes, before blurring.
  8. Anonymous Member

Same guy, the shooper forgot to remove a small piece of his shirt:

indiegroupdiff.gif
  9. anonymous612 Member

Let's not forget how the shirts are two entirely different colors. Additionally the guy in light green seems to be wearing an undershirt.
  10. JohnnyRUClear Member

So who cares anyway? Who is either guy? Why is this worth studying -- or are y'all just ADHDing while waiting for moar important stuff to happen?
  11. anonymous612 Member

^
  12. Anonymous Member

Oh shi-! the cult is bashing Rathbun and Rinder again on freedommag.org
    tl;dr but per what I could see they are raged at them. I don't give a shit and half about the cult but I liek when they go after Rathbun.
  13. Scatman Member

the context of the "whitewashing" quote appears as sarcasm.
    Those constitute city events. Word clear the difference between city and regional, you OT, you.
    Well, ya, it does state "rank", not rated.
    10xwuom.png
    "in the same neighborhood, or close to it"?
    Are you speaking in generalities, now?

The so-called "indies" are co-dependent scientologists who don't like Davey Miscavige. They like the tyranny of organized scientology, but not Davey's brand of it.
    That is the correct response in your scientology brainwashed mind. Good job, martybot.
  14. Kha Khan Member

I'm honestly not sure this is true. I'm not saying it is false, I'm not saying it is true, I'm saying I am uncertain. I have my doubts.

Conduct the following thought experiment. Say DM is replaced by John Smith as COB. John Smith behaves in precisely the same way as DM did. Would the Independent Scientologists now be happy because a different person was conducting the "tyranny of organized scientology" in precisely the same way DM did? I don't think so. Would they return to the COS because DM was out? I doubt it, but it is possible if they were fooled. Would the ISes stay in the COS if John Smith continued to run the "tyranny of organized scientology" in precisely the same way DM did? No. Why would one think they would -- because of the different name of the COB?????

A more realistic thought experiment would be if Marty took over for DM. Would the Independent Scientologists return to the COS? Yes. Would the ISes remain in the COS if Marty ran the "tyranny of organized scientology" in precisely the same way DM did? Perhaps if they had "favored" status and were idiots who didn't learn from history, but those who didn't have such status, or did learn from history, or fell out of favor, or had people they cared above who fell out of favor, would leave. Eventually, every one of them (or almost every one of them) would leave, for the same reasons they left the DM run COS -- eventually everyone falls out of favor and is treated harshly, unfairly, etc. One day you have a fancy title in the SO, or are a revered OT8, or one of the "most valuable beings on the planet," a Class VI or XII auditor, or an IAS Patron Gluteus Maximus, and the next day you fail, refuse or unable to do precisely what the current COB wants done, and you get sent to the RPF (if you were in the SO), or have your certs pulled and told that you have to retrain from the bottom, and threatened with a SP declare and disconnection.

The Independent Scientologists think their problem is DM. They are wrong, of course. What they complain about -- disconnection, insane pressure regging, insane heavy ethics, unfairness and arbitrariness -- don't depend on DM. If the disconnection, insane pressure regging, insane heavy ethics, unfairness and arbitrariness continued under a new leader, they would grow to be just as unhappy.

They may think their problem was DM. Their problem was the tyranny.

I also think that for many, if not most (but certainly not all -- there are always those who want to be slaves), their current lives, while scary, have and will continue to prove intoxicating and addictive. No heavy regging. Nobody in the new group sending them to ethics, threatening to declare them an SP and threatening to disconnect them from everyone they know and love. Attending a party where you actually have fun and don't plan ahead of time regarding how to dodge all the people selling crap.

/
  15. Anonymous Member

TD;DR: I <3 Marthey!
  16. Anonymous Member

I don't know how to do motivational posters.

whadup.jpg
  17. Anonymous Member

The gai is Marty's latest faggot scilon John Brousseau (sp ?)
  18. Anonymous Member

QFT

There are major opportunities for great lulz from marty and company on those pages.

One of them tells about Amy having sex with a patient while sessioning (?). Isn't that a big no-no for scilons or even real psych practitioners? IANAL but, isn't that illegal?
  19. Anonymous Member

oops I don't know how to spell whadup either ;)
  20. JohnnyRUClear Member

Hmm. So that raises the question: why blur him out?
  21. DeathHamster Member

I think that it's still unclear how many of them are in favor of organized Scientology. Some of them might just want to hang with a loose collective who understand them when they talk their private bat-speak (sort of like Star Trek fans). It's not like Marty currently has any Thought Police to enforce conformity, compliance and commitment.
  22. Anonymous Member

Good question no facefagging I guess, but the gai's face (same pix posted here) is on Rathbun's blog.
  23. Anonymous Member

You should go to caliwog.wordpress.com (not a scilon site) and check the several comments that were banned from Marty's blog. He doesn't *have* a Thought Police, he *is* it.
  24. DeathHamster Member

Oh noes! He bans comments on his blog! Oh the huge manatee!

That's not quite the same as OSA goons, RTC Inspectors and Missionaires.
  25. Triumph Member

I got bored after reading/skimming 10 pages...of freedom-rant...just about the time the article title changed to "The Kinky Relationship" Rathburn & Rinder

if the catholic Church...wrote an expose like that...there would be a Mass exodus...

what a bunch of demented..doo-doo that rag spits out...the insanity of the cult..is insane..
  26. Anonymous Member

The catholic Church has officially adopted the pedobear seal. All their churches are belong to us nao. Anonymous caused a mass exodus.

pedoc.jpg
  27. thetanic Member

Speaking as this one: not I. (But then I left the CofS more than 15 years ago on my own volition and I've been out longer than I was in. I'm also far less of a Scn than most using the label, but I do think auditing can help people.)

Sure, some would, that's clear from comments on Marty's blog.

This.

I think this stems from the Scientology concept of a single SP as the origin of suppression. It's obvious that DM is acting suppressive, therefore, he must be the SP. It's also clear that things are worse under DM, even the same outpoints, thus attention tends to go to the newer things rather than the older ones.

There's also the rather human trait of the dead becoming perfect after death. I've seen that well outside of Scn.
  28. Triumph Member

most of these people sacrificed the first 20 years of their adult life,...Give or take a few years And Now follow Rinder and Rathbum's who committed awful abuses,along side Miscarriage as Lackeys
    Following LRH warped imagination...
    Now they are ready to give up the last 30 years, and anyone in it, for the same goofy brain rotting bullshit.

so... 5 years from now Marty can tell them who to disconnect from....
  29. TinyDancer Member

It makes sense to me that people would have been on a high over this event. After all, most of them travelled across the country for their first get-together, they're still excited about being independent scientologists and being free of the CoS, they got to reconnect with people they hadn't seen since they left the CoS and to chew the fat and tell all the tales that they weren't able to tell or hear while "in", and then there was a wedding and a trip to the FH to top it all off!

Of course, it was a big win for them!
  30. JohnnyRUClear Member

That's all true, TD, but the overall tone just sounds like the same COS PR mentality to me.

I guess only time will tell, eh?
  31. TinyDancer Member

We'll just have to agree to disagree about the tone, Johnny.

I don't think time will tell re this issue. If the IS DO adopt a CoS PR style down the track, that won't confirm your case about the current posts.
  32. theLastAnon Member

Seems to me like they are just fired up and excited over having a good time together that weekend. It's a natural human reaction to feel elated like this especially given this is the first time for so many of them to come together.

That they fail to recognize the criminals in their midst or their own culpability for abuses committed is simply convenient for them. There will be a reckoning some day.

Soon, we hope.
  33. nachem Member

hey, TinyDancer, why the censorship on this thread?

i remember reading several Amy Scobee related posts in this thread and they are now gone. even hers.

i understand the no personal attacks, but this censorship looks more like siding with her than anything else ... and killing free speech.

welcome to the CofWWP? :(
  34. thetanic Member

If you haven't been in, you can't really understand the thrill of seeing other people who've gotten out too, even if you didn't know any of them. It's of course cooler to see people you did know, even ones where the relationship was strained.
  35. Kha Khan Member

You are right, of course. I should have said that many, if not most, but not all, would return.

/
  36. Mitsu Too Member

I believe that the pre blur person in the pick is JB ( John Brousseau) as another poster stated. The blurred out pic becomes questionable only in that if it was JB the point is loss since the picture was already posted on Marty's log and since it was not taken down I sense that Marty is fucking around with OSA and DM. The pictures to me were taken very close together if you look at the surrounding people there is only a slight variation so if there was a switch in people everyone would have had to "hold" their pose to insert a second guy into the following frame.

What I'm really hoping is that amidst all these festivities JB and some others may have given our friends at the SP Times an interview or two or more so we may perhaps see another chapter in the continuing saga of SP Times vs the CoS. I think if anything R & R know which of DMs buttons to push and their former training is coming in handy. I for one am enjoying watching it regardless of what Marty's long term motives may be.

As for the rest of the New Indie Movement they have the unique ability to reach those members still in who aren't prepare to leave their beliefs completly. Sort of a middle ground option. Just the ability to start having a dialogue and the freedom to use their critical thinking once again will open those cracks a little wider. Time will tell but meanwhile it is good entertainment.
  37. Anonymous Member

There were many reports of scientologists who left following the original "Freedom" magazine exxxtra special edition in response to the first round of recent St. Pete Times coverage which only spurred them into reading that coverage and also to go online.

Some of them may have headed straight for the Mike & Marty Kidz Klub but they did get out of CoS and it was Freedom magazine that gave them the push.

Scientology's latest round of shenanigans can only provide an even bigger push.
  38. Anonymous Member

"We have met the enema, and he is us."
    - CoS.
  39. Anonymous Member

Blah blah blah. Who the fuck cares about independent scientologists or freezoners or whatever they want to call themselves? If they want to believe in aliens and pop psychology bullshit, good for them.
  40. Anonymous Member

I'm fairly sure he was blurred out until he was out of Florida to throw off OSA who had PIs constantly following him, or at least trying to. It was him in the photo, not someone else. He was there.