Customize

Is it OSA or is it a moron? sometimes its a tough call

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by lermanet_com, Feb 24, 2008.

1. lermanet_com Member

Is it OSA or is it a moron? sometimes its a tough call

Suspect that you are dealing with covert coercive manipulation when you find yourself dealing with fallacious argument, lies, repetition, innuendo, suggestion, direction of attention elsewhere, confusion and projection.

Read Tory Christman's expose' about how the scientology campaign to derail online efforts to expose them was and IS being done, by a person who once helped them.

LINK to OSA 101[/url:31iv3h1b]

"THE PLAN by ex osa volunteer and 30 year Scientologist Tory Bezazian

(this was written about alt.relgion.scientology newsgroup, I edited it to be about discussions in general)

This was (and I'm sure by their postings, still is) OSA's Big "Plan":

1. Distract the critics...get them OFF of Scientology..any way you can.

2. If possible, turn the critics against each other. This turns people off, and they stop posting or reading.

3. Make discussions totally un-readable...so no one wants to stay or come on there.

4. Degrade any and all critics of Scientology. This can be done any way possible. They will lie, fake allegiance, pick at you over and over...or as 'dorian' (although I'm pretty sure he's too loony to even be a part of OSA but he sure is ....just make gibberish so people get sick of even reading discussions..

Bottom line: Trash all discussions...so the attention goes OFF of Scientology and on to ANYTHING else.

Don't forget it.....it's important not to get sucked in. Considering the years usenet has been around...errrrr OSA, you *might* want to consider a new plan. This one is quite old, and certainly isn't working. Sure, a few names come and go...but guess what stays? People who want Scientology abuses EXPOSED Judging by the public daily opinion.....the sleazier you all are, the more the public sees your abuses for just what they really are: abuse NOT religion~!"

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." -- Upton Sinclair
  2. Anno Nymous Member

Re: Is it OSA or is it a moron? sometimes its a tough call

Maybe they can mess up a little with serious sites like this. But on Anon's turf, it's like pissing in a sea of piss.
  3. Skeptic1337 Member

Until presented with irrefutable evidence I assume they are a moron. If they are actually OSA plants they are still a moron. It doesn't matter, most here were born to troll.
  4. SenatorXenu Member

On Anon sites, usually mods know what to look for and will ban them immediately, if the members don't drive them away first. I hope they use our sites for their stats, if they do they are waay in the red. They usually seem to really stick out. Anon has enough of its own language that outsiders sick out.
  5. Re: Is it OSA or is it a moron? sometimes its a tough call

Yeah. Some chap from scientologymyths.info joined another forum I frequent and called me a "liefag".

WTF?
  6. lermanet_com Member

OSA's efforts, as well as common garden variety sociopathic
    personalitys, are very difficult to distinguish from each other...
    but I don't have to, because real nutballs, are a liability to have
    around anyway.. as are people who are intellectually incapable of
    figuring out what is going on around them on the battlefield of an
    information war.

Another commonality is nice threads that are inspirational, they make
    you feel wonderful, and uplifted from merely reading the words, they
    give you.. and OSA enjoys tossing icewater on those...thats a BIG
    WIN.. a rule of thumb I use is this - If it doesn't make sense, its
    OSA. See Lermanet.com's The Confusion Technique
    http://www.lermanet.com/exit/confusion-technique.htm
    and the notes about the techniques used by professional CONfidence
    artists on law enforcement officer Lt Dennis Marlock's great pages at
    http://wwww.Fraudtech.org

- --------------------

also see
    http://www.Lermanet.com/idacamburn/ops.htm

- --------------------

I was alerted that a thread appeared on abovetopsecret - alleging that
    the NSA is behind the Anonymous efforts... this is a silly thread...
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread336919/pg1

That thread is a great example of trying to incite distrust and paranoia

perhaps someone might post this posting there...
    Scientology has tried to allege that they themselves have some
    relation to intelligence agencies... nothing could be further from the
    truth, as there is no intelligence there, just a bunch of guys using
    Hubbard's 1950's agency tech to track their enemies..

regards
    LERMANET.COM Exposing the CON of Scientology since 1996
    Arnie Lerma
    703-241-1498
    http://ocmb.lermanet.us/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=381
    http://www.Lermanet.com Exposing the CON
    WE COME BACK
    for our friends and family
    to get them out of scientology
    before they end up here:
    http://www.whyaretheydead.net

some new images that might be helpful for enthusiasts have been
    archived here:
    http://www.lermanet.com/newimages/
  7. lmafo Member

lerma,

After all this years you didn't learn :?
    "All" OSAs are morons! The question "Is it OSA or is it a moron?" is Irrelevant.
  8. Anonypeg Member

Come to think of it, I have been seeing a lot of EXXON video responses to Scientology/Anonymous videos (videos asking Anonymous for help). I've been seeing them since before February 10th, and have also been seeing the youtube user PleasePonderThis trying to distract the issue from Scientology to other religions. I now know they could possibly be using OSA tactics. It's great to know Anonymous is too focused to fall for OSA tricks like that.
  9. P_P Member

I had this crappy uncomfortble feeling with that Utuub trool, mr Paul Fetch, for when 'it' came online.

All above mentioned points by Arnie seem to fit nice. Also considering $ci is now "using" youngsters to teach them the Internets.
    Can I proudly wear my tinfoiled hat now? *shrug*
  10. lermanet_com Member

thanks, another rule of thumb for some better known imposters..
    Do they call scientology a dangerous fraud or a church ?
    are they associated with epic wins? nothing? or even, perhaps a string of disasters?
  11. MollyBloom Member

lermanet,

Thanks for the info. It's always good to have specific info on OSA tactics.

As you may know by now though that most of us have a lot of experience dealing with Trolls of any type.

Troll baiting, not feeding trolls, and Troll play (trapping) is something that many engage in for lulz.

It doesn't matter if it's OSA or a moron, a troll is a troll and many know how to recognize them and play at will with them if we so choose.

We are also well versed in not giving any troll (well anyone for that matter) relevant personal information and watch out for the net n00bs to help them out on that level also.
  12. SomeOldGuy Member

Guys (and wimminz, yay!), I'm never one to skimp on the paranoia, but food for thought here. Apologies for saying what most of y'all already know.

1. OSA doesn't have enough people to cover all these bases and make all this noise at us. Sure, there is some noise from them (and they do indeed get caught much of the time[/url:3bi39md1]), but not all of it is OSA. See the image for the appropriate response.

2. Some of the people in #1 are genuinely wanting to "help," but have no clue how much damage they are proposing to do. I think being confused with the enemy is a good wake-up call for them, and if they don't get that, they should be kept at arm's length anyway - just try to keep the response limited to the equivalent of throwing rotten eggs.

3. A lot of this crap is people going "hey, a movement where people are doing stuff! If I get to them early enough, I can get them focused on what I'M interested in!" IMHO this deserves a good bit of derision, but I'm a bastard that way. Same goes for whoever was selling those damn tee shirts, or who tries to profit off of Anonymous, but more so.

4. A good portion of this comes from people who refuse to understand the concept of people getting a wild hair and going off in their own direction without being led by the nose. So to speak. A pat on the head and a cookie (depending on how they phrase things) is appropriate, but I know how nice y'all aren't. Just try not to toy with them for too long - that sort of foolishness tends to become the thing that they mutter about in their old age if provoked for too long.

5. Some of this (a small amount) is purely in reaction to the [adjective]fag thing, and the many other "unacceptable" ways in which we communicate. The people who aren't willing to lurk moar aren't going to get it, and there are people who will refuse to get it, period. All I can say is that if I can be called an oldfag by a homosexual who knows I'm straight, and who in context used it as an expression of surprise and approval, then it's not the scary evil thing people make it out to be. If you want, use that story as an example. :p

6. Then there are the general shit-disturbers. You should recognize these, you're probably one too. Deal with 'em as you always have.
  13. lermanet_com Member

dup post, sorry, deleted
  14. lermanet_com Member

all good points and yes, granted they ARE out numbered, but when outnumbered they get inventive,
    trying harder to get others spun up to do their work for them.

oh... one more thing, a favorite technique by those who intend to infliltrate is to name drop... I'm a friend of arnie's, or tory's or mark bunker...or "I helped the Lisa case....and also happened to be the one whose actions got shawn lonsdale deposed...and who tried to get the anon kids deposed like shawn was" (oops... I guess you wont listen to that one, that's good)

whenever you get one using a key activists name, the name dropping is quite obvious,
    please CONTACT one of us and ask...

oh, and one more VERY important point, just because a guy is a lawyer doesn't mean you can trust them.

I've done well against scientology so has Lawrence Wollershiem, we both had to fire many lawyers in order to survive..
  15. P_P Member

There, have a go at it.

Some, if not most, are 'In' for that also. Others, on the other hand, are not. Who cares? I bet the responses from the Utuub generation counts, somewhat. Those "follow-ups" (Corner, ashamed) will debunk anyway.
  16. Anno Nymous Member

Let they namedrop. For the people on the chans, just that would raise flags. Anon isn't a compassionate and willing to receive more people in their boards kind of comunnity. If someone came to the chan i like the most and said "I'm a friend of mark bunker" people would say: Good for you, now GTFO, newfag!
    He would be able to read the stuff we post, at best, but then again, we are not hiding anything. If he asked personal info, or even did a out of the usual type of post, he would be banned and his IP posted, then subsequently raided. As said before, we are trolls.