Customize

Is Scientology A US Gov Cash Cow?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

The theory that Scientology is a US government cash cow remains a good one, which I have yet to see conclusively disproven. It would certainly explain a few things...
    Allegations of "meh, tinfoil" don't disprove this, btw.
  2. I've read through some of the stuff on the that sci-irs site. Interestingly it cites a lot of "Barefaced Messiah" while claiming that Hubbard's official Scientology biography is true. Citing a source that it essentially claims is lying is not the least of its problems.

Likewise, Larry Brennan's explanations of the Scientology corporate structure are consistent with observable reality and other testimony and they don't require giant leaps of logic.

It can't "conclusively" be proven that Hubbard's military record is real and not an elaborate fabrication on the part of the US government intended to conceal his top secret activities, but it most likely is real.

Occam's Razor works and it helps people.
  3. DeathHamster Member

Because it's not really falsifiable, is it? (i.e. it's a matter of faith that can't be disproven.)

If no proof is found, then it's just a really good conspiracy, and there isn't going to be a document stating "Today we continued to not infiltrate and control Scientology."
    • Like Like x 3
  4. anonymous612 Member

Burden of proof is on the person making the claim. So where's your proof?

Not that I actually want to see it or anything. No batshit insane conspiracy theories pre-coffee please.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

Sekrit government cash cow? or a war game
  6. Anonymous Member

Psyop, with a side order of a billion dollars cash.
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  7. Anonymous Member

The perceived absence of a thing does not prove its absence.

Like a person who writes as though they have no brain, but only a spinal cord.
    Probably that person has a brain, of sorts. Right, 612?
  8. James Spader Member

New thread.
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Anonymous Member

11. Anonymous Member

pig_chimney.jpg

^ better version.
  12. Anonymous Member

picture_bcg_matrix.gif
    I can't decide if it is a Cash Cow or a Dog. In terms of self help market share it is definitely a Dog, but in terms of space alien cult market share they might merit Cash Cow status.

Either way, business growth is low.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

What is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
    /thread
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Depends whether you think the market is 'religion', 'space alien religion', or 'bullshit'.

That's the problem with the BCG matrix, it all depends on how widely you draw your definition of the 'market'.
  15. Anonymous Member

True. I think Jack Trout's group suggested they drop the religion angle and just push self help, which they clearly failed to listen.

What's their share of the "rich moonbat" market segment like?
  16. Anonymous Member

OK this is what I know but I can't tell you how I know or else...well then I'd have to kill you.

RUMOR has it that the US gov uses the clam organization to move people around the world and that being a clam is often a deep cover. That's all I know.
  17. Anonymous Member

Rumor has it that Jim Morrison is alive and well and living in a sugar cube.
  18. Mutante Member

THEATERWIDE TACTICAL MINDGAME

Enter coin and press START to continue.
    • Like Like x 1