Customize

\'Its either me or this battle with Scientology\'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnneOminous, Mar 2, 2008.

1. AnneOminous Member

\'Its either me or this battle with Scientology\'

If your Significant Other gave you an ultimatum that \\\'its either me or the fight against scientology\\\' which would you pick and why?
  2. Manomynous Member

Re: \'Its either me or this battle with Scientology\'

If I were given that ultimatum, I would respectfully bow out, confident that 10 more would take my place. One of our arguments is that the Co$ breaks up families, and I would not toss mine under the bus for this cause.
  3. Idealist Member

It'd shatter me alive, but I'd go with the movement. The physical and mental well being of thousands is more important then the superfluous happiness of one man.

This won't happen though, as my GF supports Anon in this campaign. 8)

Also, see my signature. I would be a coward if I did not stand and fight this evil.
  4. southernstate Member

No one is irreplacable to Anonymous. I, though, might be irreplacable to my SO.
  5. Re: \'Its either me or this battle with Scientology\'

I was already told by my SO I need intervention from Enturbulation. But then again, I was told I need intervention from a lot of my other hobbies. So how's this different? I'm a passionate person. What can I say? LOL :mrgreen:

EDIT: He went with me as anon on the 10th and going with me again on the 15th as anon so... yeah... Some intervention request that was. LOL
  6. DarkSim Member

My significant other didn't exactly give me an ultimatum but she isn't very glad about me going around crusading against cults. Its mostly because in her country cults tend to sarine gas subway stations and she'd rather not have the buttons of something as insane as scientology pushed to that extent.
  7. Evil Zoe Member

If I had a significant other, and that significant other didn't know me well enough to know that this is important to me, then I guess that significant other would cease to be as significant.

Seems to me that the problem would go much deeper than this current activism.
  8. Daywatch Member

good wives don't give dopey ultimatums
    lucky I have a good wife
  9. El Gato Member

I have no significant other to stand in the way of my fight against crime and corruption.

Just call me batman. :twisted:
  10. saerat Member

mine is joining me on the 15th =F lmao
  11. Re: \'Its either me or this battle with Scientology\'

I'd pick the crusade. If a SO is gonna nit pick you for protesting then what next? I personally don't like controlling types.
  12. Bumblefuck Member

Mine just pats me on the head now...if she'd actually given me an ultimatum, I'm not really sure which one I'd pick. More than likely I'd say I was giving it up and just continue to do it when she's not around.
  13. AnneOminous Member

Yeah, mine is too worried about my personal well-being (and his) from potential fair-gaming. I told him I won\'t get too involved. (Yes, I actually got the ultimatum. I can understand his reasons though. He has a career and reputation to protect. He has promised to wipe the CoS out once he rules the world, though) :mrgreen:
  14. faceless Member

I'd compromise -- stop going to protests, maybe, but keep up with the fliers/cards spammage. Knowing him he'd be very concerned about my safety, and with good reason; this country is not known for its enforcement of even the most basic laws protecting human rights.
  15. Orthinator Member

That sounds like someone has a control issue. If you are given an ultimatum like that then there are other issues in your relationship... and I would seriously go seek some therapy or something.

Why would anyone let anyone else boss them around? You are in a relationship if they don't want to get involved then they don't have to... if they feel like they are in danger then they should not get involved and you shouldn't make yourself noticeable encase you do put them in danger if you feel you must be involved. Other than that I would tell them to STFU and GBTW!
  16. SPOver9000 Member

I'd pick the Battle. Why? Because I don't want to be with someone who can't support my ideas, especially when it involves standing up for my beliefs. Fortunately, I'm married to a very understanding woman and she supports me in every way, within reason. I'd understand if she dumped my ass for doing something stupid, like spending our savings or putting our lives at risk. But she knows the evils of Scientology and supports Anonymous all the way.
  17. anonymous3347 Member

My husband thinks the whole thing is funny. He says that he supports me in something I am so passionate about. With that said, I feel as though I could walk away from the movement at any time and still feel like I accomplished something for the greater good.
    Of course, I'm not going anywhere, I like this fight. And yeah, ultimatums are not the stuff of good relationships.

(edit) Well, I just got my bubble popped. He says he wants to support me in things I am passionate about, but he thinks this is all a massive waste of time. Even though he's not against me participating, he says he'd rather see me writing, which would bring in more income. Or taking more time taking care of our apartment.
    It's not a total, "Woman, get back into the kitchen and make me some pie," but it rather hurt that he thought this was a waste of time. But I know, I have to believe, that what I am doing counts towards saving the world. :flop:
  18. Sommy Nona Member

I'd say "Sorry, babe. I've got to go save teh internetz!"
  19. P_P Member

Take a break, go do fun stuff. Cya back soon. :wink:
  20. Coward Member

hahhaha that question is hilarious... Did anyone get that treatment yet? You're in an abusive relationship!

Cartman puts it best: "WhatEVA, I do what I want!"

I say do what makes you happy, and let them do the same.
  21. Green Member

Depends on her reasons. My life doesn't revolve around this so it's not very likely that she would care unless she was a scientologist, in which case we would've broken up a long time ago.
  22. Anon1OfLegion Member

If your significant other is giving you that kind of ultimatum, the question is why?

Are you not spending enough time with him/her? Are you not spending quality time with him/her? If that is the issue, the answer is simple. Balance your life. Take a break & give him/her some good attention. When's the last time you went out on a real date? Given him/her flowers or a special note? Fixed him/her a romantic dinner? A night on the town? Sitting down on a blanket in a candle lit room, facing each other holding hands honestly talking to each other about deeper issues & where your lives are headed. Get a baby sitter for the kids for the night. Go play ball with the kids or build blocks.

Life is rarely either/or. It's about balance. [IMG]

If he/she is just scared, the answer is simple. Them him/her that there are just simply too many of use which is why this works.

If this type of behavior extends beyond this subject & he/she doesn't let you do anything & must always keep you in his/her line of site, then those are different issues altogether. I would suggest having a deep discussion al-la the candle lit room idea above & go from there.
  23. Anon123456 Member

she did and i told her if she didnt like it she could get her shit and leave. needless to say she shut her mouth.
  24. Re: \'Its either me or this battle with Scientology\'

Hmm...

I get told not to be so geeky if I'm on the computer too long. But she's even keener than I to go to the protest on the 15th.
    I think we just compromise on time/energy spent rather than declare ultimatums.

If I were obsessed enough to warrant a potential "disconnection" then I'd probably reassess how much involvement I was allowed without pissing her off... she's scary when she's pissed off!

:)
  25. MollyBloom Member

I would ask him what kind of fertilizer would he care for with his water and sunshine for dinner...

j/k

People who know me know better than to give ultimatums. :shrug:
  26. southernstate Member

She needs to understand that internetz is seriose busines.
  27. Anon81608 Member

I had to buy my wife a PS3 so I could go to the first protest. Now, whenever she spends money, and I complain, she just says "Well you have your protest thingy, so quit complaining." But if she ever gave me an ultimatum, I would just bribe her some more, and keep on protesting.
  28. mortified Member

Lollin'!!

Anonymous: The Dr. Phils of the Marcabian fleet.

My SO has officially barred me from starting more than one or two Co$-related conversations per day. After that point, I get a "OKAY I DON'T CARE OMG" and I know to stop or risk being kicked down a flight of stairs. We'll both be at the protests though, because they are full of lulz, and despite not wanting to be completely absorbed by the cause, we both believe that this shit needs to end.

Seriously, I'm a very passionate person, and this cult has gotten me worked up to the point of tears on a couple of occasions... SO would rather see me calm and collected than on the verge of putting my face through my monitor.
  29. Lrononymous Member

The lack of sleep, waking up muttering about "the cause" and the far away look when talking about anything not related to this war for too long kind of reached a point a little while ago. Now we have time outs lol.
    She's great. She is onboard... not as crazily as I am though-which is good. Going out flyering and dropping 'youfoundthecard.com' cards has brought us alot closer. Gotta make time to do other things like eat, restock the fridge etc... I usually come back to the computer with even more determination and a better perspective about it all. When I see children out in the world I remember that I dont want them to become victims of this totalitarian cult. One thing I ended up explaining to her was that, with the rise of Anonymous in this ongoing battle with scientology, there is finally real hope that the " church" will be dismantled and that the abuses and crimes will stop. This is the time. If we dont do it right now, then all is probably lost. I've been involved with some huge things in my life. Good things. But when we win this war, it will be the best and most important thing I've ever done.
  30. Steve SP Member

Family first ALWAYS... don't ever 'disconnect' over this.
  31. anonymers Member

how anonymous disconnection works:
    [youtube:2ofy22bt]http://youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno[/youtube:2ofy22bt]
  32. Re: \'Its either me or this battle with Scientology\'

Awwwww! zOMG! How CUTE!!!!! *squee* :flowers:
  33. joeybsmash Member

This.
  34. anonangl Member

This was soooo cutre, ty for the pick me up. As far as the either or proposition, I've been in too many abusive relationships to take that kind of treatment any more. Fortunately my fiance is the one who told me about it, but he does let me know when he feels I need to come up for air. Usually he's right, lol.
    Angl
  35. Amomynous Member

Not having an SO, perhaps my opinion in this is biased, but it seems to me that if someone gives you such an ultimatum, perhaps it's a sign to re-evaluate your relationship and priorities?

I've told my parents and close friends about the movement, and I must say I was highly disappointed by their reaction. This has affected my opinion of them, negatively, and it's something I'm not likely to soon forget.

An SO asking one to practice moderation and precaution in regard to one's involvement is perfectly fine. But when it's an ultimatum?

I'd like to believe I'd choose the cause. If I chose the SO, I know it's something that would bother me later, and possibly for the rest of my life.

We're making history. I don't think I'd want to be with someone who can't see this and would seek to get in the way. I imagine there'd be tension between us if the person didn't get involved as well, almost.
  36. Re: \'Its either me or this battle with Scientology\'

Personally, I'd walk.

If my SO can't accept that I care about this (or anything else) then I'd have to seriously consider if they are the right person for me.

My current SO and I don't always agree on everything, but we respect each other's right to have our own opinions. As it turns out, they agree with me on this and will be there with me on the 15th :D
  37. Amomynous Member

I think that's what it boils down to.

An ultimatum goes against that, imho.
  38. Re: \'Its either me or this battle with Scientology\'

The way I see it, your SO (or any other loved-one/family member/friend) would give you such an ultimatum for one of two reasons:

1. They are afraid for your safety and/or the typical reprisals $cientology wreaks on the critics. There's a solution to this... STAY ANONYMOUS. Don't reveal your Identity here or anywhere else online where you talk negatively about the Co$; if you go to the raids, CONCEAL YOUR FACE. Don't make the assumption that "they won't find me!" How many god-awful stories do you need to hear about people who spoke their mind about $cientology suddenly found themselves on the recieving end of a good ol' Co$ courtroom ass-reaming? Be SMART. Be SAFE. BE ANONYMOUS.

And above all - TALK WITH YOUR LOVED ONES. If they express concern, let them know that you would never do anything STUPID to hurt yourself or them. Talk to them about what you believe, about what Anonymous stands for and how important it is to you that you be a part of this. Yes, there are a lot of us. And as it has been said before, for everyone of us that "falls" (quits, moves away, breaks their computer :wink: ), there are another dozen being added to our ranks every week. Anonymous will go on without you - but that doesn't mean you aren't an important part of the cause. Just get your priorities in order and keep true to them and the people you love.

2. The other reason someone (including a SO) might give you such an ultimatum? Their "in" $cientology. If you are protesting the Co$ because of their direct interference with your SO's life - you need to remember that you probably aren't that SO's top priority.

Disconnection can happen to any of us. It terrifies me to think about losing my lovely wife to this cult. Talk to them honestly, but without recriminations. Offer to research the critics of the Co$ WITH them - don't just tell them to look it up themselves. If you are really "partners" in your relationship, you should both be willing to talk with each other and work with each other for the truth.

Frankly, I can't imagine someone in a loving relationship even giving ultimatums. My wife would NEVER do that to me. (Please don't tell her I said that!)
  39. Re: \'Its either me or this battle with Scientology\'

Given I had a SO, I would try and talk it out first. If he or she were unwilling to listen to reason or genuinely saw the situation in such a black-and-white manner, I'd come to the conclusion that I'm in a shitty relationship and drop them. If they have good reasons to convince me to stay out of it then I'd probably at least consider their side.
  40. AnneOminous Member

Its very much a safety concern to him( and my family) but progress is being made. We\'ve moved on to a don\'t ask don\'t tell policy.