Customize

It's over. We've become a kids' toy.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff Jacobsen, Nov 14, 2013.

1. My grandmother was of the mid-century cocktail set. She always hemmed things by stapling them, and nobody seemed to notice. UI suggest you use colored staples for an "intentional" effect.

That said, I'm pretty proficient at making Princess Leia robes. If your boyfriend happens to have one of THOSE fantasies.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

3. I like the idea of selling to cover WWP bills. I need an occasional project to satisfy my crafty side and it would be even better if WWP was benefitting from it.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. anon walker Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  5. TorontosRoot Member

• Like Like x 4
  6. Got the perfume. Imgur isn't working for me right now but I'll post pics later.

As for the smell . . . . it walks the line between perfume and "home fragrance" if you know what I mean. I cannot smell any of the specific elements claimed in the description except the vinegar and vetiver, but that's probably 20 years of smoking to blame. Maybe there is a little bit of "earth" smell, or something else to take the edge off the vinegar.

It's not bad, actually. It's got one toe in dirty hippy territory, but that's the nature of homemade all-natural perfume oils. It's more of a male scent, though. I would be . . . intrigued by this smell on a man.

And it came with a mini Twix and some Vanilla Fig Whipped Soap.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. White Tara Global Moderator

oooh smells good on a man you say hmmmm. :p
  8. Yeah, it's pretty masculine but doesn't smell like a saddle.

I'm going to stick with Clinique Happy if anyone wants this.
  9. Anonymous Member

Ill take it. Heres my address,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah I know, but there are some people here who know me beyond this forum, so it was more like a general offer to them.

I sort of can't believe I paid 14 dollars for this.

No, I can totally believe it.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. RavenEyes Member

^ Not tooooo random and/or sketchy. lol (I bet someone over-bought on Halloween candy this year.)

I wonder if the vinegar smell is supposed to be the apple cider smell? Anyway, thanks for saving me $20. I'll stick with my Poeme. :)
  12. RavenEyes Member

OMG, DO EET!! I wanna see HIS review! lol
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

I LOVE to cross stitch and could probably whip that up within a full day of stitching---or 2 days of mostly stitching!!! I'd love to have that pattern!!
    • Like Like x 2
  14. What do you want me to do, use this as an excuse to talk to the handsome young art professor I've been silently orbiting?

That is what you want me to do, right?
    • Like Like x 2
  15. RavenEyes Member

If, by "talk", you mean accidentally drenching the hot, virile pedagogue with Guy Fawkes perfume oil Eau de Vinegar without accidentally getting a restraining order issued against you, then it's not any worse than creeping him on his plentyoffish.com profile page, so flirt to your heart's content.

Added plus is potential shirtless attire, post-spillage. Requisite pics to be posted, of course. Femanons are always willing to assess taste in potential mates here at WWP. (We're givers.)
    • Like Like x 4
  16. RavenEyes Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hell... yes. A hot art professor? Sounds like you have good taste in men! I agree with RavenEyes... pictures please. We must protect our fellow femanons... and perhaps live vicariously through them from time to time. Bwahahaha!
    • Like Like x 2
  18. White Tara Global Moderator

Boy did I miss out my art profs were all wimmens, and assholes at that! Dox him BE puleeze! :)
  19. All of my art profs were male (and I was an art major), but the only one who came on to me was a totally disgusting, married sleezeball. :-/ I have lots of stories about that guy. Mostly scary. Some of them involve spandex.

So for Bathsheba's sake, I hope he's the hot chivalrous type. We need to check him out. :D For research.
  20. White Tara Global Moderator

21. Anonymous Member

22. aegerprimo Member

23. First, in my defense (I think): I'm a professor. In fact, my PhD trumps his MFA if we want to play that game (and I generally don't unless someone brings it on). I don't know if that makes it more or less creepy than if I were a student.

Second, we have totally hijacked this thread.
    • Like Like x 4
  24. TMOT Member

• Like Like x 2
  25. Bathsheba... That is not creepy at all. We still need pics of this fine specimen doused with the manly scent of Guy Fawkes. That is still relevant. ;-) Right?

Oh... and I'll clarify too. I'm an old married chick in my early thirties about to start grad school, so all's fair. /Hijack over
  26. Back on point... I really like this.

ebb71495f369950c50c33338f1896309.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Someone got a little creative with White-Out on their Toms.

dbbcabcaeedd0a3ccc044b6bed2bdc81.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  28. Anonymous Member

How about some links to these fine items?
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Anonymous Member

basically $30 for that little glow in the dark one completed?! seriously?! i could do the pattern that was linked above (better looking one too) in glow in the dark white floss on black fabric, frame it in a hoop of some kind, and probably sell it for around $12-15 (depends what size finished project is and what kind of hoop i get, sometimes for hooped projects i'll put eyelet or lace like trim around it--like black might look good, or a simple black hoop...)......

i'd be more than happy to take a commission, i always need some critter vet fund money! i could do it in any color floss on white or cream fabric....or on black, navy, light blue, pink, red, and i think i have light green fabric too......i don't have glow in the dark floss, but a quick trip to joann's would take care of that! :) other than glow in the dark, i have every single color of DMC floss.....
  30. Oh this is HELLA clever! Especially because those plastic GF masks are twice the size of my face.
  31. The Internet Member

This Guy Fawkes stuff is cool and everything. But it is not a good idea to flash it around in real life if you're trying to stay Anonymous.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. We know that, Dad!!!! Jeez . . . .
    • Like Like x 4
  33. The Internet Member

Ok just checking. We had some guy here before who put a big Anonymous logo on his car, lol.
    • Like Like x 3
  34. Jeff Jacobsen Member

You start a thread, and people turn around and make it more fabulous than you would predict.
  35. Anonymous Member

...and this surprises you, because?
  36. RavenEyes Member

Attached Files:

37. RavenEyes Member

Found on Pinterest (lol)

22ad88ed2ae24634c3aa891c0e40e7f0.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  38. White Tara Global Moderator

I think I have worked it out now, this thread is an OPPinterest sting, The pinterristas are taking over wwp one thread at a time. :)
    • Like Like x 3