Customize

I've got to remove myself

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by Ramona, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Re: I've got to remove myself

I agree with this. If the APA really wants to help it could gather reports on Scientology SO survivors and the mental health implications of their involvement and pass that information on to governments and peer bodies around the world.

With patient permission, this could be done on the basis that the reports are submitted by a named psychiatrist about unnamed patients, and the reports are coordinated and ultimately published without either patients' or doctors' information.
  2. grebe Member

Re: I've got to remove myself

It's an argument strategy, assuming a naive audience.

1. You grant your opponent a presumption of good faith at the outset.
    2. When the presumption is violated, you explain the error as if you were talking to a 3rd grader.
    3. If your opponent persists in moral idiocy, you win.
    4. ???
    5. Profit.
  3. grebe Member

I think survivors themselves should continue to write up their experiences, maybe even organize them into a "my story" web site. I'm not sure the APA would really add much to such a project.

Big organizations are most useful for political goals. I think the APA has a PAC. I'll look into this.
  4. incog712 Member

I find it hard to envision the APA taking any kind of a stand in opposition to scientology. Doing so would only aid the cult in providing a thread of justification for it's "war against the evil psychs". The APA's silence in response to the allegations, slanderings, and threats being continuously heaped upon them by scientology speaks volumes.

If there are any professional groups that need to step up to the plate it would be those representing chiropractors and dentists in response to scientology's practice of singling their members out for WISE recruitment.
  5. Anonymous Member

Nada Stotland [President of the APA] has already done so publicly, when amongst other things she described the CCHR as an "anti-psychiatry hate group."

Beyond entertainment value, I don't think that the APA could give two hoots about Scientology's claim that they're the "whole-track enemies of mankind." What concerns them is when the cult has people such as Tom Cruise making dangerous, false public statements about psychiatry.

The point at which those public statements can potentially influence patients, is the point at which they care.
  6. greebly Member

7. incog712 Member

Yes, there are plenty of individual psychiatrists that have been impacted by scientology in a variety of ways that include having witnessed individuals being denied necessary care due to the interventions of scientologists. It's not that they don't care, they most certainly do but as for the industry as a whole to respond to scientology's "war against psychiatry" in any significant way, that would only be playing into their hands by lending an air of legitimacy where there is none to be found.
  8. Anonymous Member

Agreed.

No, not necessarily. That just sounds like humiliation, which is quite different. A true Ad Hom would involve some explanation or argument (featuring a personal attack) of why she was wrong. Go and educate yourself about the actual meaning of Ad Hominem, do 50 pressups, and try again.

Here's something else: without looking it up or checking, write down what you think "Passive Aggressive" means. Then look it up. Then let us know how it went. (Btw, I am not accusing you of being passive aggressive or anything like that; it's just that "passive aggressive" is yet another term that every billy bob throws about with no fucking idea about what it actually means and it bugs the shit out of me.)
  9. Anonymous Member

As the Anonymous poster with the Avagram, I agree.
  10. Anon99 Member

If you believe you're in danger I hope you will contact the proper authorities if you haven't already.
  11. Robocat Member

If I could name one of us who always does it right, it's Lilly.

All the <3 to you, Lilly!
  12. Anonymous Member

Meh.

The APA and other professional organizations have taken a stand when their position has been attacked by groups that use bad science. Specifically, I'm thinking of the evangelical pro-prop8 assholes that try to misquote/twist science in favor of their bigotry.

I'm, frankly, amazed they haven't had the balls to LOUDLY counter CCHR and their ilk. One might argue that to even engage in discourse legitimizes a lame argument... but the CCHR is getting their "Industry of Death" exhibit in public spaces. Their asinine exhibit will be shown in St. Louis -- in the fucking state rotunda in February.

And we're the only people in opposition to this?!
  13. Mutante Member

We're the only ones who can help.

I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Chanologist and it's something you have to earn.
  14. Lorelei Member

I THINK that was one of the ideas the Blown For Good website was intending to incorporate, once they had enough ex-Scis' tales to make it worth the time to upload them. Last time I checked, if I wasn't hallucinating it, there were a few up already.
  15. incog712 Member

Well, at least when scientology claims that "we're only doing this because we're being paid by the psychs" nobody has any reason to believe them.
  16. Anonymous Member

Holy shit, Herro made a good suggestion. It should happen.
  17. Herro Member

They just don't care that much and they don't want to give the CCHR even more attention by talking about it. I think people here tend to often times forget that normal people rarely see or care about anything having to do with scientology. CCHR is basically a non entity. That's how ineffective they are. It would be like President Obama responding seriously to the birthers.
  18. JohnnyRUClear Member

A beast is always dangerous when it's in mortal danger and knows it. Hubbard's beast is no different.

Take care, Lilly. We'll see you when we see you. Perhaps we'll even see you when we don't see you. :-D
  19. Intelligence Member

I understand why he is removing himself. I'm only three months into my Fair Game battle, and although I am in this for the long haul, I know a little of what he endured.

They know who I am too, but I also know them and their threatening tactics. I thank my family for supporting me 100 percent and the help from you anons.

I wish him all the best.
  20. Belladonna Member

I think of you every day, Ramona. Please send word that you're okay, if you can.

A reminder of what you are a part of:

21. Anonymous Member

I'm sorry to tell you that removing yourself will NOT cause them to cease and desist! Once they know who you are you are Fairgame FOREVER. They've been Gaslighting and Fairgaming me for four-plus years.Don't you see, the only way to stop them is to expose them and the only way to expose them is to stand up and SPEAK OUT! Until they are closed down their REIGN OF TERROR will continue!

laughing at them helps to! LOL
  22. Anonymous Member

Each person needs to do what is needed for his/her particular situation. There's no one-fits-all solution when someone is doxed or fairgamed.
  23. Anonymous Member

Well...yes, however since she is leaving because she believes they will stop if she leaves..she needs to know that is not the case!
  24. pedrofcuk Member

"For every one that falls..."
  25. Anon123456 Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-cB33-tNKg"]YouTube- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine Lyrics[/ame]
  26. Anonymous Member

Tisk! Another one of these people who thinks that dictionaries define rather than document language.
  27. COB Member

So basically you sat and threw rocks at Scientology pretending to be some kind of intellectual and when it throws back a bigger rock ...game over? Sigh ...
  28. Anon123456 Member

2/10
  29. Anontacular Member

People, remember this is a public announcement, not something that needs to be picked apart to extract assumptions to announce. She knows why she publicly proclaimed this, and she knows the game. This is the same as all the wonderful writing she did; it has a purpose and is made of win.

Take it at face value until the second coming ... or is that the third? I can be hopeful!:rolleyes:
  30. Anonymous Member

YEAH.
    Lets not overanalyze. That would be unhealthy!
    And totally against the spirit of Anonymous.
  31. Anonymous Member

Quick lessons to be learned from this:

1. See that "Make Post Anonymously" checkbox at the top right of the window when you post? Check it.

2. Don't use one nick everywhere.

3. When you do have to use a nick, use it, then drop it. Don't make it easy to correlate your posts across different sites.

4. USE A PROXY.
  32. Anontacular Member

She was awesome. I'd see news items that were 4 minutes old, and she's already posted a comment. She was an example of Chanology activism done right.
  33. amaX Member

Hope you're somewhere reading all the L<3Ve, Dr. Lilly....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SDogDjp0vo&feature=related"]YouTube- I Still Miss Someone Original Verison By Johnny Cash[/ame]

We're saving you a seat here.

34. Anontacular Member

[SIZE=&quot;3&quot;]Catnarok is nigh![/SIZE]

grabthar.jpg
  35. Anontacular Member

Ha, I was going to post the music video of that song. But I was really looking for that old photo ... a couple of years ago I'd see the photo of the men with umbrellas and one had fallen. Maybe you know it ... anyway. LET'S PICK UP THE SLACK AND KICK SOME ASS!
  36. Re: I've got to remove myself

We dare any $cientologist to apply "Fair Game" to us.

No , we are not speaking for Anonymous as the collective.
    We speak for ourselves on this matter.
    Remember $cilons...not all of Anonymous is just an ordinary person behind the mask.
    Your "Fair Game" Tactics are well invited , we need a snack.

LegionAreWe9000

aka

youtube's LegionAreWe
  37. Anontacular Member

I second that. I'd be half the activist Lilly was, and accept fair game. I'm in to get it done, but Lilly was a one person army. Maybe if I was half of what Lilly was, I'd be next on their list.
  38. Re: I've got to remove myself

Fucking awesome.
  39. Anontacular Member

<3 <3 <3
  40. Anonymous Member

Catnarok is nigher than most people think!

By the way, from another thread, someone just made a mirror of Dr. Lilly's site: MIRROR OF DR. LILLY VON MARCAB