Customize

Jaden Smith loses the plot on Twitter. Is Scientology to blame?

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Anonymous, Sep 14, 2013.

1. RavenEyes Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ogsonofgroo Member

So a dumb, spoiled, rich kid, thinks its a good idea for everyone to drop out blah-blah-blither... Just what the good ol' USA needs, a whole shitload more uneducated people living off the system because who the hell hires drop-outs other than farmers etc., hm, guess there's always room for more gangs and hookers and cell-mates....
    On the bright side, probably only a couple of people in the world give a shit what Jaden has to say :p
    • Like Like x 3

3. I know the Smiths claim they are not Scientologists but they sure have a lot of the same attitudes that I remember hardcore Scilon staff had. For instance, I had more than a few tell me that their schooling was useless and that they learnt a lot more in Scientology. I had regs tell me not to save up money for college and instead buy Scientology courses since the wog educational system was a waste of time. A convenient thing to say, but I think they actually believed it too.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Ogsonofgroo Member

Yeh JW, no doubt most do, and yes, cult loves to get their hands on college funds, pension plans etc. etc. I'm sure, nice piece of change for them, very sad for the kids or anyone making it to retirement age without a big, big bank account.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DeathHamster Member

I've noticed, more than once, someone claiming that their Hubbard Management Tech course was the equivalent of a business degree. I suspect that it's one of the idiot sayings that they program people with.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. DeathHamster Member

http://www.thevine.com.au/life/entertainment/15-life-tips-with-jaden-smith-20141013-288338/
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Cool stuff Jaden. I got a few of my own. I too am a deep thinker

The past is past and the future will be the past. There is only now and it's already gone.

A speck of dust once started out as a boulder.

There are no ''funny smells''.

Words look weird when you see them in print.

When I look up to you, I can see the dried snot in your nostrils.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. meep meep Member

Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
    All we do crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see
    ~Jaden Smith
    • Like Like x 2

9. moxie Member

Regarding his film career.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. praline Member

There are things I do not agree with when it comes to the Smith's child raising techniques. However their lifestyle is one my kids don't have to live in. As rich Hollywood kids go there is a lot worse out there than Jaden and Willow! Due to what is out there kids of famous parents have to be raised differently. They HAVE to grow up and develop thick skin before they can read regardless of religion or education.
    As most know Will's mother was on the board of education and a respected life long teacher and supporter of education. She and Will's grandmother were huge influences in his life:

I was raised in a Baptist household, went to a Catholic church, lived in a Jewish neighborhood, and had the biggest crush on the Muslim girls from one neighborhood over.

"Jada and I don’t necessarily believe in organized religion."
    "I was raised in a Baptist household and my grandmother would get up out of her casket (if I became a Scientologist)."

“How can I condemn someone for what they believe and I believe that God was born from a pregnant virgin?” Will continued.

As to his giving money to religious groups:

Smith gave $1.3 million to charities in 2007, of which $450,000 went to two Christian ministries, and $122,500 went to three Scientology organizations; the remaining beneficiaries included "a Los Angeles mosque, other Christian-based schools and churches, and [.....] the Yitzhak Rabin Memorial Center in Israel."

On their parenting style:
    “We don’t believe in punishment per say. There are consequences to your actions. We believe in restriction. You can have as much freedom as you can handle—you can cut your hair, you can put stuff on your walls, you can have as much freedom as you can handle, and as soon as you do something that is detrimental to yourself and when you can’t be trusted with your freedom, then you have to be pulled back, but its not about punishing you about what you for what you did, but it’s about protecting you from what you could do to yourself.”

"Willow chose singing and then un-chose it," he continues. "She said, 'Daddy, I want to go to school with my friends during the week, and I want to hang out with them on the weekends.' At the peak of Whip My Hair, she’s like, 'Daddy, I’m done.' I was like, 'Wow, wow, wow. No, baby, I got Annie [the upcoming movie remake, co-produced by Jay-Z], you know. It’ll be New York, you’ll be with Beyoncé. You can bring your friends.' And she said, 'Daddy, I got a better idea. How about I just be 12?' At the end of the day, it has to be their choice."

My style of parenting is very similar to that of my parents, minus the concept of ownership. I think that, specifically in African American households, the idea coming out of slavery, there’s a concept of your children being property and that was a major part that Jada and I released with our kids. We respect our children the way we would respect any other person. Things like cleaning up their room. You would never tell a full-grown adult to clean their room, so we don’t tell our kids to clean their rooms. Actually, we tell our kids ‘you don’t have a room, that’s our room and we are letting you borrow it.’ So the same way you would say to an adult if you let them use car, you say, ‘Yo man, clean my car! Don’t drive around all filthy like that!’ And it’s perfectly reasonable for you to want an adult to clean your car, so we feel it’s perfectly reasonable to ask our kids to clean the rooms that we are letting them use.
    It hit the press this week that Jaden wanted to be emancipated. Can you tell me about that?
    Yeah, that was a joke! I made a joke. He is definitely not going anywhere; he is so scared of being out on his own. Willow is probably going to be emancipated before Jaden! I think I was in Tokyo where I made a joke that if he has a day where his movie is bigger than one of mine then there’s no reason for him to live in my house. His 15th birthday is coming up so he can probably be emancipated.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before anyone points out their failed school. I know. They funded a school based on Scientology. When it comes to some of the teachings of Scientology (especially young kids) a lot is good stuff. All elementary schools based on religion are like that. My kids went to a Christian private elementary school. I was concerned as the church was way stricter religious wise then my husband and I believed. Example ~ we do not believe in speaking in tongues. The church patron of the school did. However this indoctrination did not go on in 1st grade =) They learned their lessons (much more advanced then the public schools) as well as basic Bible stories and moral servitude. It was good for my kids to have those building blocks when young. They were 3 years more advanced then our local public schools.

I think Jaden's statement was taken out of context. I have a life long BFF who is an unschool anarchist. This is a HUGE movement in our country. She is home schooling her children. UnSchooling is HUGE and the quote he used is the mantra of most unschoolers. I used to be very much against unschooling until I saw the results. Most of the kids are far more advanced then public school kids. As an example my friend's 5th grader is taking a college Algebra course because he wants to and he is making a B+.

In the state of California (the Smith's residence) in order to home school ALL PARENTS have to establish a private school within their home. In order for it to be legal they must show a very long list of required subjects of learning as well as medical records. They must work closely with the Superintendent of public education of California. This is the law.

Though I think the Smiths do agree with some of Scientology and are careful to expose their kids to every side of culture and religion they are not card carrying members of wacko cult. Also keep in mind in this great country we can believe what we wish and study what we wish. Hell I have read many books on the occult and there are TONS of things in the occult that make perfect sense regardless of religion. There are also a ton of things carried over, renamed and called a Christian holiday. Just because I agree with pieces and parts of most religions doesn't mean I am those religions.

Lastly and most importantly if I asked ANY of my kids ~ i would never ask any of my kids how important education was to them. I would have nightmares. Very few teenagers should be listened to seriously. Jaden is not one of them.
  11. White Tara Global Moderator

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/jaden-and-willow-smith-exclusive-joint-interview/?_r=2

More seriously misguided babble at link;

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/jaden-and-willow-smith-exclusive-joint-interview/?_r=2
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Hugh Bris Member

I read White Tara's post, then surfed away and found this:
    SO one person says it's the most valuable thing we can spend, another person says it doesn't exist.

Reading that interview with the kids sounds like I'm listening to....kids.
    • Like Like x 5
  13. moxie Member

Tiny, young dilettantes.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Kilia Member

Jaden and Willow have been so brain-washed by Scientology it's disgusting!
    But hey, they like it!!:rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  15. RightOn Member

pompous self righteous children taught to be that way by their pompous self righteous parents
    oh! sorry, I forgot the word brainwashed.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Mr. Magoo Member

That interview is priceless.

I know they're just kids, but I don't see any other child stars out there giving interviews like this, that make them sound stoned out of their minds, ignorant, idiotic, uneducated -- basically Willow and Jaden are making laughing stocks of themselves.

I know their stupid scientologist parents have checked out and left these poor kids to raise themselves, but jeez, don't Willow and Jaden have an agent or manager to control and stop the flow of stupid the kids are putting out for the world to see?
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Easy. Just turn them into a Garfield comic.

My apologies if this was posted elsewhere.
  18. nevarmore Member

• Like Like x 6
  19. White Tara Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  20. DeathHamster Member

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/one-day-at-a-time/Content?oid=14313422
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Anonymous Member

That blog post is the funniest stuff I've read all week!
    MONDAY, NOVEMBER 17

Today Jaden and Willow gave an interview to the New York Times magazine blog, and it's a cross between Clueless and the last 40 minutes of Apocalypse Now.

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 20

Sooooo... what's Justin Bieber up to this week? Racing his canary yellow Lambo through a school for the deaf? Throwing eggs at a mosque? Peeing on a copy of Anne Frank's diary? NOPE.

It's far more unbelievable: According to TMZ, Justin Bieber is currently holed up with a pastor for two weeks just outside Palm Springs, where he's allegedly getting right with God.

Sources say that Biebs has renounced alcohol, weed, and the devil's minions (AKA his former troublemaking pals) to reform himself and set out on a new tour—to spread the word of the Lord.

(And just when we thought he couldn't become any more insufferable. Standing ovation to you, Biebs! You never fail to fail.)
    • Like Like x 1
  22. anon8109 Member

What the media is doing to these young teens is despicable. Imagine yourself at that age being ridiculed all over the news and internet. It's child abuse.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. moxie Member

Child abuse is allowing your kids to remain uneducated, rationalizing your 13-yr. old daughter hanging out in a man's bed; letting them roam the world unattended; pimping them out to interviewers; teaching them to believe that every idiotic word they utter is somehow resplendent genius. The stupid parents have set these children up for a terrible reckoning. They are the children's abusers.
    • Like Like x 5
  24. Anonymous Member

If you're referring to Mr. Bieber, he was born in 1994. No longer a child, but showing big signs of how much damage he has suffered via media exposure.

However, Jaden Smith is not 20 years old. He is 16, and therefore a child.

Willow Smith is 14 years old, and also a child.

As for the media devouring these Smith "children," I see it as very similar to the case of Karen de la Carriere feeding her son to the cult of Scientology.

The parents of these Smith "children" are feeding their children to the media and it's eating them raw.

Some countries have legislation that prohibits the exploitation of children for advertising purposes. Some countries don't.

I don't expect to see any new legislation in North America prohibiting what you're complaining about, but I would applaud its enactment should such ever appear.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  25. RightOn Member

26. DeathHamster Member

27. RightOn Member

lol
    the last time was a different outfit and it was just a date, not the prom.
    edited: oh! he also wore the same outfit to a-holes Kim Kardashians and Kanye.'s wedding/

This kid irks me so.
    So many people say "meh! typical 16 yr old"
    but I beg to differ.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 4
  29. RightOn Member

waiting for the predictable wedding gown next :p
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  31. White Tara Global Moderator

Dear lord papa must be so proud :rolleyes:
  32. John Duff Member

And WE are enjoying this.
    Looks like we are accomplices here.
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

jaden-jacket-090315.jpg

Jaden Smith Is Our Least Favorite Person Ever | X17 Online

We hate to be mean, but he really bugs us!

Jaden Smith stepped out with some friends in Calabasas yesterday, and the teenager was still clad in the jacket he wore to the VMAs. He's famous for claiming he only owns one pair of shoes, but does he only have one piece of outwear too? A more likely conclusion is that he just hasn't showered since the awards show.

If you don't understand our distaste for the 18-year-old, let us remind you of that time he went on a Twitter rant and declared that "school was a tool to brainwash the youth." He also so thinks that "if newborn babies could speak they would be the most intelligent beings on planet Earth." Will and Jada may be too busy covering up their open marriage and practicing Scientology in secret to parent their kids, but they should really make more of an effort.

Continued here:
    http://www.x17online.com/2015/09/jaden_smith_army_jacket_photos_090315
    • Like Like x 1
  34. SlappyDM Member