Customize

Jaden Smith loses the plot on Twitter. Is Scientology to blame?

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Anonymous, Sep 14, 2013.

1. RightOn Member

So sister Willow just signed with a modeling agency.
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Jaden Smith In GQ: “I’m Not Not As Revolutionary As Galileo” | The Frisky

Quote:

Aside from their unofficial dalliance/association with Scientology, I can’t help but totally love the Pinkett-Smith family. Will Smith starred in my favorite dumb rom-com, “Hitch.” He seems madly in love with his wife of nearly 18 years, Jada Pinkett Smith (or they at least very convincingly feign it). She seems pretty great too, between her super honest Facebook posts, her openness about the “grown” love she shares with Will, not to mention the fact that she completely embodied the woman I would like to grow up to be, aka Rome in “Magic Mike XXL.”

And then there are the Smith kids, Willow and Jaden, who seem to possess a wonderfully self-confident, if privileged, uniqueness. They’re weird and artsy and creative — remember their secret club, the Orgonite Society, where they made vibe cleansing paperweights? — and don’t seem to give a fuck what anyone thinks. But it’s not arrogance so much as calm acceptance that they were never destined to be fully understood in the first place.

Jaden, 17, is interviewed in the latest issue of GQ, and man, is it a gem to read from start to finish. Jaden is all over the place, from describing the sacred history of the dodecahedron to discussing his 10-year plan to, like, be a shapeshifter or something. I couldn’t pick just one quote to spotlight, so here are a few.

Continued here:
    http://www.thefrisky.com/2015-10-20/jaden-smith-in-gq-im-not-not-as-revolutionary-as-galileo/

Jaden Smith Opened His Mouth Again | The Superficial

Quote:

It’s been almost a year since Jaden Smith’s last interview where he huffed every single fart that came out of his ass and explained to the world that he’s a metaphysical prana energy expert who can control time. Except now he’s back for a new interview with GQ where Jaden tries to say he and his sister are trolling the world, which almost sounds believable until he starts comparing himself to Galileo and Banksy because his parents famously don’t believe in telling their kids, “No,” and now have a 12-foot-tall pyramid in their house because of it.

On Humanity Being His Guinea Pigs:

“Me and Willow are scientists,” he explains, “so everything for us is a scientific test upon humanity. And luckily we’re put in a position where we can affect large groups of human beings at one time.” Fame is their lab, is what he’s saying, and we are the subjects. He’ll get on Twitter and tweet something like “The Biggest Flex Anyone Will Ever Have Is Dying.” Or the T Magazine interview they did last year, the one that left everyone convinced they were drunk on prana energy: “That experiment — it went really, really well,” he tells me. “We got to see how people reacted. And they actually ended up reacting exactly as we predicted beforehand that they would react.”

On Basically Believing He’s Galileo

“It’s fun, bro. That’s what a lot of people don’t realize. It’s fun. It’s so much fun. It’s the best thing. People think you’re crazy — I feel like it’s an honor, actually, for people to think I’m crazy. Because they thought Galileo was crazy, too, you know what I’m saying? I don’t think I’m as revolutionary as Galileo, but I don’t think I’m not as revolutionary as Galileo.”

And Also Banksy But, Like, Way More Helpful Because Squad Goals? I Fucking Hate This Kid

“No one will know where I am in ten years. They’ll see me pop up, but they’ll be like, ‘Where’d you come from?’ No one will know. No one will know where I’m at. No one will know who I’m with. No one will know what I’m doing. I’ve been planning that since I was like 13.”

It’ll go like this, he says: “It’ll be kind of like Banksy. But in a different way. More of a social impact. Helping people. But through art installations. It’ll be like, ‘This just happened that helped a bunch of people over here. We don’t know who did it, but these symbols and things were left around, so we can only guess that it’s Jaden and the squad.’ You know what I’m saying? So I’m just dedicating my whole life to helping the world.”

Continued here:
    http://www.thesuperficial.com/jaden-smith-gq-interview-10-2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jensting Member

4. DeathHamster Member

But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
    Carl Sagan
    • Like Like x 5
  5. John Duff Member

Actually, I understand and like what he says (even though it is badly explained).
  6. DeathHamster Member

http://nypost.com/2015/11/13/jaden-smith-really-does-think-hes-einstein/
    • Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 5
  7. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

Will Smith Admits That, Yeah, They Probably Gave Their Kids Too Much Freedom | Dlisted

Quote:

Jaden and Willow Smith, seen above looking like two vintage store-dwelling elves who are about to trick you into trading your soul for a velvet choker and a pair of Fluevog Munsters, are pretty much the unofficial prince and princess of DWTFYW (doing whatever the fuck you want). But unlike other rich kids who got their freedom to do whatever dumb shit they desired by threatening to run away to their summer home in Europe, Jaden and Willow were given full permission from their famous parents, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith.

Will and Jada don’t have a name for their parenting technique, but if we had to call it anything, let’s go with The Shrug Method (in association with Scientology). Jaden and Willow never really went to school and they never had rules. Instead, they chose to fill their spare time by hanging out with shirtless 20-year-olds, attempted modeling, Kardashian weddings, and crackpot philosophy. You’d think that would make Will and Jada smile every time they sip their coffee out of their “Worlds Most Meh Parent” mugs, but maybe not.

During an interview with BBC Radio 1Xtra (via People) yesterday, Will jokingly admitted that maybe he and Jada should have checked more than one parenting book out of the library besides How To Raise Two Intergalactic Space Millionaires.

Continued here:
    http://dlisted.com/2016/02/10/will-...ey-probably-gave-their-kids-too-much-freedom/

I'm Pretty Sure Will Smith Just Admitted His Kids Are Idiots | The Superficial

Quote:

When we last left Jaden Smith he was making such profound statements as, “I don’t think I’m as revolutionary as Galileo, but I don’t think I’m not as revolutionary as Galileo,” which seemed like a logical evolution from the time he and his sister claimed to control time after their dad literally told people he’s a physicist. Which is why it’s particularly amazing to hear Will Smith basically acknowledge he fucked those kids right up with his “hands-off parenting” because I could’ve sworn self-awareness is the first Thetan Scientology suctions out. Via Page Six:

The actor was asked on BBC Radio 1Xtra whether he consciously allowed his kids “a lot of freedom of expression.”

“Yeah, I think it may have been a mistake,” Smith responded with a laugh. “I think we may have gone too far.”

Continued here:
    http://www.thesuperficial.com/will-smith-hands-off-parenting-mistake-02-2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RightOn Member