Customize

Jan Eastgate's Plea Hearing watch party

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Jan Eastgate Meyer is in court next Thursday- 18th August 2011, Downing Centre, Sydney Australia. She is expected to enter a plea. She is charged with perverting the course of justice in a child abuse case in order to protect the reputation of the 'church' of scientology.

Please contact journalists everywhere with this story.
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Anonymous Member

Sydney AU time is currently 17:49hrs

Come back at 07:00hrs on the morning of the 16, 17 and 18th(AU time) and be bumpin for not only great justice, but for the fracas clams cannot help but create when the sun shines on them
    • Like Like x 1
  3. the anti Member

you know over at the CC event here in LA i mentioned the jan eastgate mess to one of the handlers and asked how he feels about her being arrested. he said i was full of crap. and when i said it was over covering up the sexual assault of an 11 old he started calling me a potty month and threatened to call the cops over on me. called him a baby and told him to cry more.

now this question, do they know about this happening and or just lying or do they really have there info controlled?
  4. Anonymous Member

Info is controlled - it's cult policy. Big banners about Jan Eastgate required at next raid .
  5. Anonymous Member

6. Anonymous Member

- 18 Aug 09:30 Mention (Police) Criminal Local Unassigned Downing Centre Online Court R v JANICE MEYER 201100178789

7. Anonymous Member

Date: - 18 Aug
    Time: 09:30
    Listing Type: Mention (Police)
    Jurisdiction: Criminal
    Court: Local
    Presiding officer:Unassigned
    courtroom: Online Court
    case title/party: R v JANICE MEYER
    case number: 201100178789
  8. Anonymous Member

What does "Online Court" mean? IIRC there was some discussion after the easing of her bail allowing travel to the US that she might enter a plea via videoconference, but I can't find the source now.

She may not appear in person.
  9. James Spader Member

New thread incoming...
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Sponge Member

• Like Like x 5
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Anonymous Member

13. Anonymous Member

From ESMB...

Jan Eastgate aka Janice Meyer is logged in for 9.30 at Downing Centre via the online court; so doesn't look like she will be appearing in Australia.

http://searchcourtlists.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/scm/search

18 Aug 09:30 Mention (Police) Criminal Local Unassigned Downing Centre Online Court R v JANICE MEYER 201100178789

http://www.criminal-lawyers.com.au/w...ention_hearing

A contest mention is a step that is used to resolve matters that are going to be a contested hearing / plea of not guilty. The informant is expected to attend as are you and your lawyer. Your lawyer will have read the police brief, got instructions from you about what you want to happen and be able to advise the Magistrate’ what the issues in the case are.

The prosecutor and your lawyer will discuss whether the matter can be resolved before you get into Court. Charges are often withdrawn at contest mention as the Police may realize that they can not prove them or that what they are alleging did not happen. The Magistrates’ will often give a sentence indication in a contest mention. This is where they will indicate to you what penalty you will get if you plead guilty at that stage. The aim is to save the Court the further time of other hearings of your matter.

You are in no way obliged to plead guilty and the Magistrate who hears the contest mention is not meant to hear the contested hearing.Often the Magistrate will give a common sense evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence against you. At this stage you lawyer will indicate how many witnesses will be called (if any) and whether you are disputing specific pieces of police evidence, such as a record of the interview the Police had with you.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Anonymous Member

Anyone have any inside information on how the case is going against Jan Eastgate? The witnesses seemed very confident they were going to carry this through. The step father admitted abuse. There are other similar previous cases of abuse being covered up in the cult. Seemslike a solid case against Jan Eastgate and the cult.
  15. Anonymous Member

No U. Thats not the type of thing that should be thrown around a public forum at this point.
  16. the anti Member

anyone know when she'll be coming back to LA? i heard she was going to sometime, and i'm sure she would pull a heber
  17. Smurf Member

She's still listed as the CEO of her maintenance company:

Entity Name: BUILDING CLEANING SERVICES, INC.
    Entity Number: C3046276
    Date Filed: 09/11/2007
    Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
    Entity Address: 820 THOMPSON AVE #26
    Entity City, State, Zip: GLENDALE CA 91201
    Agent for Service of Process: KATHERINE LIVERANCE

Contractor License #: 908678
    Contractor Name: BUILDING CLEANING SERVICES INC

JANICE WENDY MEYER - CEO/PRESIDENT
    KATHERINE LINDA LIVERANCE - OFFICER
    SEBASTIANO SCOZZI - OFFICER
    JEFFERY RICHARD VALLIERE - RME (Responsible Managing Employee or General Manager) ** started in May 2011.

https://www2.cslb.ca.gov/OnlineServices/CheckLicenseII/checklicense.aspx
  18. In court on the 1th of June 2011, it was said that she had to get back to run her business and she was allowed to have her passport and to leave the country. Her business, as Smurf says, is in California. We can't be certain of her movements, but it seems probable that she was on the first flight to LA after the June mention, that she is still there and will attend court over the internet form LA.
  19. thefatman Member

I'll be there.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. RightOn Member

nice!
  21. Same here.

I don't think there will be many journalists here because
    Jan herself won't be there. I suspect it will just be Michael Gordon
    with a few OSAbots (including asiancameragirl), Carmen and her family and us.

Fatman and I will be there to take notes and troll Michael.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

This Thursday 9:30 Downing Centre Court Sydney
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

24. Anonymous Member

I have a few journalists interested in when the trial starts - so I'll get back to them - except for one at a UK broadsheet who clearly thinks I'm a complete nutjob - (I didn't even mention the UFOs).
    • Like Like x 2
  25. DeathHamster Member

Ah well, there's your problem -- they might go for a good UFO story.
  26. Sponge Member

Without faggin up the Live Update thread ( http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/jan-eastgate-18th-august-live-updates.92363/ ) I'd just like to say that I expect the mainstream media outside of Australia to do just as well they did at the first court appearence, i.e. practically nothing.
    Because currently the only things that interest the media in relation to scientology are apparently J-lo's divorce/kids controversy and.....guess what?..... it's that old chestnut "scientology halped me overcome the death of Jett", but it's not John Travolta saying that again for the fifth or sixth time already. No, I think the publicists have really worn that one out for him, even for the most naive news rag, so now it's Kelly Preston's turn to do the honors.

Of course Brian Swoon Seymore will do an epic reporting jorb I'm sure, and hopefully ABC will give good coverage too. Maybe the UK Guardian, who was one of the few mainstreams to report it outside of Oz, will do a follow-up.
  27. Anonymous Member

Jan Eastgate Meyer entering a plea via internet isn't really a story for them unfortunately. They'll report it when the trial starts.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anoobymous Member

;)
    At this point I wanna have 10,000 of Bryan Seymour's little babies.
  29. Anonymous Member

What happened?
  30. RightOn Member