Customize

Jan XX 2010 - Dallas - Planning

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by CrystalDallas, Jan 5, 2010.

1. CrystalDallas Member

Jan XX 2010 - Dallas - Planning

Okay, so I'm ready to be chewed out for being new and such and trying to start planning without really knowing what I'm doing, and if that's the case, so be it.

I am new to the cause, but I have been searching for protest dates to no avail. I am ready to take action. I am available Wed-Fri afternoons and on weekends (with a few possible exceptions). I am not ready to go out there alone, so I am in search of those to accompany me. If no one can make January, then Feb. Let's just plan something, who's with me?

And one question that I've been wondering about is parking... Where to go? I don't want my car seen. Oh well, I suppose I will figure that out when the time comes.
  2. anonymousOK Member

Re: Jan XX 2010 - Dallas - Planning

Hello. I'm not exactly new to the cause, but I've not been given the opportunity to picket anywhere. (as I am in Oklahoma, where there is no cult of $cientology)

If you want information on what to wear, or modes of transportation, I can think of a few suggestions if I take a look at the location that you're planning on protesting at. If you're unable to obtain members to join you in Texas, I'd be willing to allow you to come with my group and I to Kansas City. Or If time and planning are willing, perhaps my group could come picked Dallas with you.
  3. CrystalDallas Member

Thank you! :) The closest location to me would be the Church of Scientology Dallas (Actually in Irving/Los Colinas, Texas). I have some ideas for what to wear, though I haven't worked all of the details out yet, but as for transport, I am not entirely sure about that. I mean, I know of some local parking lots for businesses down the road (restaurants and such), but I'm not sure they'd appreciate me parking there. Any info you could give could be useful though, I'm sure.

It's funny that you should mention that there are no orgs in Oklahoma because earlier today, I was looking to see if there were any there that I might be able to go picket at. I realized that the Kansas City one was the next closest to OK besides Dallas. I may be able to get down to Austin or Houston though if there was something going on down there. Kansas City is just a bit too far for me at the moment. Depending on where you are in OK, you might find Dallas equal distance or closer than Kansas City, though I'm sure that if that were the case, this would have been your first option. If you do have the chance to come down, let me know!

I will wait a while longer to see what else I can find here, though it seems that the groups here tend to be quite small on average (someone correct me if I am mistaken). I'm sure that if you can come down, the help will be appreciated, both by me and by the others around the area, so be sure to let us know if you get the opportunity. I wish there was a place in OK to protest, I was looking forward to finding one. Oh well.
  4. anonymousOK Member

Yeah. I know what you mean. It's SLIGHTLY closer to go to KS then TX. by about 10 miles. (Which when considering the distance in question; that's nothing.)

As we are talking about the cult of $cientology, I would suggest we all get together and park somewhere some distance away and plan the picket around the period of time that we could take a public transit there. I hate to sound paranoid, but it's never a good idea to let them find out exactly who you are. If we can find a bus station near a Target or a Walmart, they tend to not bother with vehicles until they have been there for over 48 hours.

And if nothing else, you could come to Oklahoma and we could all car pool to Kansas. Why not leave options open? lol
  5. CrystalDallas Member

Only ten miles difference? Sounds like you should head to Dallas sometime then ;)

KS/MO is probably 9 hours or so from here, so for me, Houston or other Texas events would be the furthest I think I could be traveling, minus anything that might be in El Paso or something (but if you hear of plans to open an Org in OK, let me know, and I will definitely be there!)

I completely understand paranoia. We all know what the church could do if they knew who we were. That's why we're here, right?

Like I was saying, I knew of other businesses nearby, but I didn't think those would be good places. I'm not sure about the public transit in the area... I'm sure I've seen bus stops, but I'm not entirely sure where or of the times.
  6. anonymousOK Member

That will work. I guess we need to plan on a day and time and work from there to find out times for transport and such. I'll shoot you a private message with my email address. And we can go from there.
  7. Re: Jan XX 2010 - Dallas - Planning

WHERES ALL THE DALLAS FAGS
  8. 2501 Member

<<< right here.

lol, well... denton anyways.
  9. anonymousOK Member

SERIOUSLY!!!

I'm in Oklahoma and I'm trying to plan for Dallas because no one is speaking up. You guys need to get it in gear!!!!!
  10. 2501 Member

i'll totally go
  11. CrystalDallas Member

I know, right! Come on, we've gotta have something
  12. Zak McKracken Member

If you haven't done this before, you really ought to stake out the place beforehand. Spend an afternoon, or even just a few minutes, wandering by as a pedestrian, well in advance of the proposed protest. Some of this you can do from home- check on Google Maps, and see where it is and what's nearby. A few extra contingency plans never hurt.

If there's good public transportation in and around the Org, many Anons take advantage of that. Park in some relatively safe place a few miles away. Or if its a busy city district, you may be able to walk a few blocks with relative safety.

However you figure it out, this is something you DONT want to be doing at the last minute, the day of the protest- but also be prepared to change plans if needed.

Most protests end up on the weekends, because that's when people are free. Saturday is a popular day. But locals need to chime in, with what works for them :)

DON'T GO ALONE. Especially for a first-ever raid. But also, don't go alone on your second, third, or any other time. Unless you're both: brave, and stupid.

Good luck, and welcome.
    We don't know what we're doing either.

Anon would be happy to chew you out, but we're kinda busy at the moment.

Dog-Bone.jpg
  13. CrystalDallas Member

Thanks for the advice. I think I know the area around the building and the city pretty well. I've taken many walks right outside. It's a beautiful area. As for parking/getting there, I have considered quite a few options but haven't settled on any as of yet, and as far as going alone, I don't intend to.
  14. Anonymous Member

Stop talking about where to park on the wall. Scilons are on this website too. Park a few miles away in a public, well lit area. There are a ton of videos of how to properly park and how to act and raid.
    They arent rules but suggestion.
    Watch 'em
    Dallas Sci's are tricky and WILL FOLLOW YOU so be ontop of your game.

Dallanon have been lacking for a few months with no excuse.
    I would know more than you. Its good to see new masks out there.
    And Austin thanks for keepin up the good fight dude.
  15. CrystalDallas Member

Good advice about the parking. I kind of thought about Scilons, but the posts had already been made. Oh well, always can find other ways to get there. I'll fall out of the sky if necessary. :D

I really am hoping to hear from more Dallanon soon though because I am not going alone, though I may find ways of spreading info on my own, not sure of how yet. But as far as anything more than that, I need to find people to accompany me with it all. Come on! Where is everyone? :/
  16. Anonymous Member

^^^ Fix'ed
  17. MeganonOT8 Member

that made me lol... thank you!
  18. CrystalDallas Member

Haha, you are very welcome. :)
  19. Anonymous Member

I had no Idea anons were ANGELS... ^_^
  20. CrystalDallas Member

We totally are. Bringing messages from ... not-Scientology.
  21. Re: Jan XX 2010 - Dallas - Planning

North Dallas reporting in, Details details the devil is in the details. So whats going on.
  22. CrystalDallas Member

No plans have been made because no group has really been formed. Does this mean that you're in though? Another Dallanon? *raises eyes towards Heaven* Can this be real? Okay, over dramatizing a tad... but only a tad. I've been dying to hear from people around here that actually want to do something!
  23. Anonymous Member

rt2mhz.jpg
  24. MeganonOT8 Member

and once again you continue to make LOL ... thank heavens for crystal. But please don't die on mua XD
  25. Dallanon Member

I think I'm somewhere in the area.

I can do a drive-by this week. I can't raid Sunday/Monday/Thursday, and Jan 23/30 are out.

Gotta get a MASKKKKK
  26. 2501 Member

if anyone from the denton/lewisville area is wanting to go i'd be willing to carpool and pitch in on gas
  27. Re: Jan XX 2010 - Dallas - Planning

Sorry I haven't been saying much lately. For some reason I can no longer access the WWP webmail and can't find anything about it on the forums.

As for parking safety, I've been followed at least twice from protests, but I have yet to be namefagged. All I can say about that is make sure you have a convoluted path back to your vehicle. Also, carpooling minimizes possible names caught, since they track plates if they can keep up. That said, if there's a namefag near you, always ride with them, but help pay for the gas.

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to start going to raids again, considering I haven't been since last April when the new org opened.
  28. Anonymous Member

GET OUTTA HERE TROLL
  29. CrystalDallas Member

Alright, this is awesome! So, it looks like we've got
    2501, Dallanon, Lord Anonymous, and possibly Cerburus Identity willing to go! Along with myself. A group of people at last! I'm so happy *sniffle tear*

So does anyone have any suggestions on a date? I was reading that something worldwide would be going on Feb 10 (a Wednesday) and again on the following Saturday, the anniversary of the first worldwide irl protests. Who all would be up for that in Dallas?

Also, I'm up for any sooner ones if anyone's interested. I can do Wednesday-Friday afternoons and all day on weekends based on my current schedule. It doesn't look like the Co$ is doing any really interesting event anytime soon as far as I know (I may be wrong though), but we can still do some raids.
  30. Whorr Member

If a thread concerning a protest here in Austin doesn't show up, I might just have to find my way up there. xD
  31. CrystalDallas Member

Haha, yeah, you might as well come up here then :D

And on another note, I thought that in addition to standing outside the Co$, since the building is in a business area where not a lot of pedestrians come by, I'm thinking a good second location would be at the intersection of O'Connor and Hwy 114. There is a big clock there that says &quot;Los Colinas&quot; surrounded by a bunch of flowers. I see people there all the time taking pictures of it and such. It might be a good opportunity to get the word out about Scientology. I bet a lot of people don't even know that there's a cult right down the street from that beautiful display. We may need to contact police and let them know about it, and I still think that protesting right outside is good, but I think the clock is a really good 2nd location. It's really close by. Walking distance.
    Las%20Colinas%20Clock.jpg

Other good raid places that aren't at the church would be outside the Irving and Valley View malls. They do stress tests there. We would have to be on the sidewalks by the road, not the parking lot, because by the road, it's public property. They get some recruiting done with those stress tests and Dianetics books, so we need to get the attention of those at risk of walking into those malls and being tricked into buying the books and going to the cult.

So we just need some dates. And people to confirm about Feb 10 and 13. I should be able to be at those. It'd be great to do these monthly, though I'm not sure who is up for that.
  32. MeganonOT8 Member

this anonymous idea was told to an anon, a regular one, from kcmo. But we haven't carried it out yet, dunno why. 'Cause its such an excellent way to infom way more people; specially during rush hour. I understand that most anons don't get out of work before that time. I happen to be the lucky one and as soon as i finish all my signs and video projects, if i have to solo raid again at those times during weekdays and be expose to being namefagged then so be it. as long as more ppl are aware of the dangers of cashology. ^_^
  33. CrystalDallas Member

I think places where they're recruiting people with the stress tests is a good idea. Also, the Co$ Dallas is in a business area, so other locations are probably better anyway.

I need signs and fliers... and I do happen to be working on a vid too. I am terrified of being namefagged though. I guess you can just call it paranoia, but whatever. So, although I want to spread the word, I will try my hardest not to be discovered, lol. I guess being namefagged isn't the worst that can happen though
  34. Anonymous Member

I might be the worst if you're a criminal with warrants and all XD... bope no anons have those issues ^_^
  35. CrystalDallas Member

So, who is up for Wed, Feb 10 and Sat, Feb 13?
  36. Dallanon Member

I could make at least part of both of those. Gives me time to find a proper tie for my suit, too.
  37. Anonymous Member

Have you ever enslaved a population?
  38. CrystalDallas Member

Perfect! What time are you available for them?
    (and I want a tie, lol)

For me, it's Wednesday afternoon (or anytime after 3ish? I dunno, I have to double check what time. 3 latest, maybe earlier) and anytime on Saturday.
  39. texasstate Member

I AM READY TO GO LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  40. Anonymous Member

hold your horses

hold_2Dyour_2Dhorses.jpg

The Protest Isn't until saturday, right?