Customize

Jason Beghe to Anonymous... Grow up

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by pooks, Jan 15, 2009.

1. ARC Member

Re: Jason Beghe to Anonymous... Grow up

BOTH are freedom of expression.

I don't get why so-called h8masheen lulzfags seem to act so butthurt when people tell them what they're doing is stupid.

I'm a "moralfag" and I'm also a "lulzfag" because I can appreciate fun pranks which aren't always spreading the message. I prefer to get my lulz from Scientologists acting like morons, but I also like non-Scientologists doing dumb stuff as long as it's not illegal.

What I don't get is when you do something purely for the lulz, why do you act all butthurt when people react to it? Shouldn't you be laughing your ass off because your trolling was successful?

By the way, the Anonymous I'm familiar with would laugh at Agent Pubit's predicament as well. "Nothing of value was lost."
  2. rof Member

are you tired of these yet?

pubeitob2fz5.gif
  3. Re: Jason Beghe to Anonymous... Grow up

facepalm3yw6.jpg

^^THIS!

I too am surprised neither of them get it yet.
  4. 3rdMan Member

Meh, he thinks his words mean something, apparently. We're still laughing for epic pubes guy's performance. And now were laughing at Beghe.
  5. ARC Member

I think it's pretty simple: They think Anonymous is an activist group, while Anonymous is simply another word for "people which you don't know who are".
  6. Oswald2001 Member

Beghe was right about the pube guy. Stupid.

Vaseline Pube Stunt = FOOTBULLET

The great thing about Anonymous is the wide diversity of it's members and, thus, it's many approaches, levels of expertise & sophistication and extraordinary resources (creativity, skills, sheer numbers, world wide operations, communications, humor, professionals, students, moms, etc. It goes on and on.)

With so many people and so many approaches to things, it's bound to happen that a certain percentage of tactics turn out to be footbullets.

Some stuff is hilarious when a drunken child. After you sober up and grow up, not so much.

And, keep in mind, most of the world is not comprised of drunken children as it views Anonymous' tactics.

Anyway, I think Beghe is awesome.

Everyone is doing their part. (Even if mistakenly so at times.)

To me, that is the beauty of Anonymous.
  7. rof Member

It is a conundrum wrapped up in a riddle enigma.

We have to get together to encourage pube games but we mustn't know each other.
  8. thetanmonger Member

too all those who asked when the game is over, it's never over the goal of the game is to get everyone on earth playing.

It's the same as our classic online game "THE GAME",.. and you all jsut lost it.
  9. cubby Member

yup

lol

yup

i think we just want the moralfags to laugh with us.

it's FUNNY =D

yup! =D

you have piqued my interest
  10. the_cloak Member

The game is over when scientology folds and DM runs to South Africa, gets besieged by insurgents in a few years as the Islamic militants consolidate their control of that continent and then gets his dead and very mongled body dragged on a chain behind a technical driven by an, ironically, masked man while a throng of people lining the road beat his corpse with their shoes as it trundles past.
  11. Re: Jason Beghe to Anonymous... Grow up

I have to admit that while I lol'd hard at agent pubeit, it turned out bad (especially for agent pubeit)
  12. Re: Jason Beghe to Anonymous... Grow up

Damn you ¬__¬
  13. anonymusicz Member

I think the prank would've been better with less nail clippings and moar pubes. Next an hero needs to take a pube collection prior to operation. The an hero will need more than just his/her own.
  14. anonymous44 Member

y'all niggaz is gay.
  15. attackgypsy Member

This is what I meant by agreeing with him.

I do NOT advocate removing the masks. In any way, shape or form. Leave them on. I'm not taking mine off. I have a family to protect.
  16. TheBitch Member

Mebbe so, but we're stylishly patriotic these days don'tcha know?

[IMG]
  17. Bob Newhart Member

Beghes comment about demasking I'll let go as ignorance. Ortegas articles have always shown he understands the cult and therefore is against it. I'm not going to throw either of them under the bus for this 1 article. But maybe a writer out there will clarify: Who comes up with the HEADLINES? I don't believe Ortega would put words in Mr.Beghes mouth, such as "grow up'. ?
  18. Re: Jason Beghe to Anonymous... Grow up

Dear Jason Beghe,

No. :D Eat me.

<3,
    HT
  19. TinyDancer Member

Conflict is what sells news. The VV was always going to make the headline provocative. I can live with that.
  20. cubby Member

/thread
  21. anonsparrow Member

what sicklab said
  22. anonsparrow Member

I'm disapointed with Ortega and Beghe not because they believe the stunt is stupid, but because they completely fail to understand that anonymous in not a single entity. Brave Agent Pubeit was brave, but also acting on his own, like we are all doing around the world. You cannot blame ''Anonymous'' for this, because there is no ''Anonymous'', only individuals acting on their own, anonymously. I expected Beghe and Ortega to get this, since they have been closely following the movement, guess I was wrong.

I mean, what sicklab said
  23. sansmasher Member

Beghe has a right to his opinion, just like over 10,000 of us have ours.

Right, wrong, it doesn't matter, ALL of us are taking certain risks. Some of us want the intenet superstardom, and others just want to quietly fight in peace. it doesn't matter, it's still a multi-war fight.

Remember, one of our purposes in my opinion is to drain cash reserves. Every action that requires an outside investigation is warranted. Outside investigators can get nosy as well, and that leads us to greater rewards.
  24. Pacifist Member

Beghe's an ally, so I'll take the kid gloves on this one: NO FUCKING WAY. Mask stays on, fight goes on. I'd rather not facefag myself now, because while the Scilons seem relatively harmless now, we're slowly cornering them further. A cornered rat is dangerous.

Due diligence, always.
  25. Ann O'Nymous Member

Thank you for your so interesting contribution to the discussion...
  26. imariscent Member

I agree with the stunt things, when I saw it I was like there goes Anonymous' protestors credability. It might seem funny for the lulz, but it sets the people that are trying to bring down this organization for it's abuse back. But when I see it carefully and it says "At home dozen anons begin prank calling and faxing the org". That throws me off and makes me think that it was a Scio member of trying to frame Anonymous protestors.
  27. Ann O'Nymous Member

Learn to quote.
  28. Re: Jason Beghe to Anonymous... Grow up

Article Update : "UPDATE: Tomorrow, another message for Anonymous, this time from Wise Beard Man."
  29. anonandsuch Member

So i have come to a decision. Masks stay on, pants optional...
  30. Re: Jason Beghe to Anonymous... Grow up

Do you stand outside of the org with people in masks faildancing to stupid internet music and eating internet meme themed cake?

Yeah, you think there's "credibility" in that? Or is it fun? 'Cuz living in DC, I see a lot of protests and "real" protests don't look like that. If you want credibility and serious business, maybe you should go be like them?

Prank calls and black faxing not Anonymous....hmm...you seem to be new to the internet. I suggest maybe you lurk a little bit more. Or you could try protesting with the old guard, they're much more serious business.
  31. JFawkeson Member

THIS, to the two posts before me.
  32. Re: Jason Beghe to Anonymous... Grow up

Maybe in the spring, I'd freeze my bits off in this weather.
  33. Re: Jason Beghe to Anonymous... Grow up

Back in January/February there was a good deal of CRITICAL THINKING going on...by the beginning of April, that was being lost, as quality people got driven away by the more retarded/immature/care bear type stuff.

Do I think Jason Beghe was right in all that he said? No? There was some truth (namely how pathetic the pube stunt was), but there were other points that were totally incorrect: we've won the war, take the masks off, etc. etc.

Now the masks are a double-edged sword, I'll grant him that: they depersonalize us (in a bad way), but they also (help anonymize us, and have become something of a trademark). "We've won the war?" well we're definitely winning, but by no means have we won it yet (though we're getting there, that's for sure.)

Humour is and always has been our most powerful weapon, i'm all 4 it. But it needs to be clever, stuff that makes everyone - even the Scientologists on the receiving end - laugh.

Not pathetic childish crap that any1 with an ounce of social intelligence - Anons included - cringes and runs away from...

I know i did, and I know a lot of other quality ppl did 2. I only came back recently, and this Agent Pubit thing gave me serious pause to reconsider.

There's a million and one different types of humour out there, and WE SHOULD BE DOING MORE OF THEM....

...but it shouldn't be solely for our own satisfaction, not if any of us are at all serious about taking down Co$. Watch comedy prank shows: the kind where setups get created. Rob them or use them to inspire more ideas.

Things that make us laugh, the Sci's laugh, the police laugh and the press laugh. Tony Ortega's been extremely sympathetic to date, so to turn him off speaks for itself.

We made a mistake. Acknowledge it. (and don't give me any of this we vs I bullshit. Each of us is responsible for our own actions, but those actions reflect on all of us.)

The guy who did this shouldn't be tarred and feathered (or Vaselined and pubed, as the case may be), but he shouldn't be lionized either.

Taking what Mark Bunker said as gospel, was always a mistake - his tactics were based on the stereotypical "protest, letter campaign, blah di blah di blah" model. We're different, and a hell of lot more imaginative.

So let's inject a dose of critical thinking back into our ops, and have MORE lulzy stuff, just not this type of fail.

Scour the tubes, the tele, wikipedia whatever, and lets make 2009 the year of clever, bitingly funny lulz and legal devastation (Marc Headley anyone?)

C'mon guy's (and traps)...this year is ours for the taking...

Let's do it.
  34. Oswald2001 Member

Yeah. The masks should stay...for many reasons.

When passersby see a whole bunch of Anonyous protestors with the same masks at a raid, it naturally makes them curious as to why.

They are natural attention getters.

They are natural conversation starters.

They provide some visual cohesion to people observing.

They are a sign of solidarity.

They are a visual 'imprint' of the Anonymous anti-Cult activities for Anonymous,
    The Evil Cult and the public.

They have a 'tie in' with "V" which dealt with tyranny.

They embarass The Evil Cult because it demonstrates that masks are necessary when dealing with Evil Cult members and their paid sleazy agents.

They are necessary to protect identities.

They definitely have a cool factor.

Of course, these are only some of the valid reasons (IMO) for keeping the masks.

I like Beghe. I think he is a good guy with some big cojones.

At the same time, he is in a very different position than everybody else as a celebrity and former high profile Cult figure.

He was unavoidably outed from the very beginning and his protection is being as public as possible. Any attacks against him would be public also and The Evil Cult doesn't like their dirty work being exposed to the light of day.

He has not lived in the 'real world' for a long time and I don't think he understands how it is for most people.

Still, he is doing his part and is entitled to his opinion.
  35. Re: Jason Beghe to Anonymous... Grow up

Critical thinking like ddosing, black faxing, regular prank calling, shooping, etc? Yeah...you also must be new at this. Let me sum it up for you.

No.

/r/ repost of Jason Beghe's Scio promotion video with him and the angel thingy.
  36. anon.il Member

2dc8n03.jpg

Beghe is still awesome. He's just not from around the parts where people pull stuff like that. He's still for our side, and if we dont agree with something anyone of our allies say we can simply tell them to STFU.

Going beyond this would only prove to be stupid. In a bad kind of a way.
  37. TypingChimp Member

I respect the fuck out of Beghe, and I'm not gay, but I would TOTALLY give him a reach-around. Still, I disagree with his position, especially on the masks. Stupid stunt was stupid, but funny, and since this hasn't made mainstream national news, Joe Pubic is not going to know about this unless they live in the New York metro area. So Epic Pubes Guy, sux2bhim, but I wouldn't go so far as to call this a footbullet for Anonymous. If doing dumb shit like this could seriously hurt Chanology, it would have ended months ago.
  38. Re: Jason Beghe to Anonymous... Grow up

I always thought most of those were pretty effective, though the same identicut tactics wouldn't work now.

That said, I can't see any time that the Agent Pubic crap would have worked.

(Before you say I'm a "lulzkiller," read my previous post). Thought prank call in OP here: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/26-think-tank/those-wacky-scientologists-sure-love-fabrication-36665/

was pretty effective too.
  39. parvent Member

Alfred Hitchcock corrected a reporter: "I didn't say actors were cattle; I said actors should be treated like cattle."
  40. anonbrit Member

Why the fuck are you 'tards hung up on "celebrity"? Some ex-cult moron made a statement about Anonymous - a group of /b/tards from the internet that he has no knowledge of.

All of a sudden the moralfags are pissing their breeches. Get a fucking clue, you all joined up to take part with Anonymous to take down the cult.

If you wanted or expected something different then YOU SHOULD HAVE STARTED YOUR OWN FUCKING GROUP.