Customize

JettGate - Bahama MP to sue "In Touch" for case of mistaken identity!

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by TheBitch, Feb 13, 2009.

1. TheBitch Member

JettGate - Bahama MP to sue "In Touch" for case of mistaken identity!

Bahamas Issues Bahamian Web Community - View Single Post - ..And then there was Shane

ANYBODY GOT THIS "IN TOUCH" Magazine?

People in the Bahamas really need to start chain smoking. It's the only possible way they're going to survive the fallout once this goes to trial. If the Travolta's drop charges, count on everybody who was accused to sue the living shite out of them. A month of lurking on their boards makes it pretty clear that they've got a government even more corrupt than the USA's.
  2. Mutante Member

Re: JettGate - Bahama MP to sue "In Touch" for case of mistaken identity!

Quick, add more smokescreen before anyone remembers to ask about how Jett died.
  3. tendervittles Member

[IMG]
  4. Mutante Member

That's it, keep the focus on what happened AFTER Jett died.
  5. Vir Member

A politician in the newspaper here was once incorrectly identified as a brown bear. Caption fail.

Gibson is entitled to a prominent correction about the photo - but probably no damages.
  6. TheBitch Member

This may be useful ... got it from same place. Gives you an idea of who the players are...

View attachment 200902030305085260001ma1.png

Note, photo on the bottom is the WRONG GUY's picture.

They're getting VERY aware of public opinion over there. Banks that used to employ 600 people now have 20, and hotels are running at 10% occupancy in some cases. Board members and the media have predicted an end to off shore banking in the Bahamas within 5 years (2nd biggest source of GDP), and the room prices in their hotels are ridiculously high in many cases.

Add to that the fact that Rosie O'Donnell showed up with a shipload of dykes on an Olivia Cruise WITH a team from HBO, and the fact that they got literally turned away at the dock by angry protesters, and right nao the Bahamas are up to their asses in crisis.

Oh yeah, did I mention they're a BIG TIME net food importer and the source of near 50% of their GDP is a duty imposed on all imports (and that tourists are the biggest net consumers of said imports)? General duty is 35% across the board up to several 100% on some goods like cars and car parts. One of the newspapers recently announced it was no longer delivering to the outer islands because of the expense of shipping newspapers, and things generally are looking pretty grim as as the people fight over which political party could possibly be more corrupt than the other.

/popcorn and good times
  7. Optimisticate Member

OMFG you mean a publication might have to print a retraction because a picture was mistakenly used?

That's nothing to fooking sue over. It happens daily in printed publications around the world. Look at page 2 of any newspaper or magazine. It usually has retractions and corrections printed there.
  8. TheBitch Member

Inorite? I absolutely believe somebody somewhere is writing a script for some of these moves, but I can't tell if it's Bahamian political infighting with an election coming up (some is undoubtedly) or whether it's character assassination and smoke screens (some too). Either way it's fucking unbelievable that THIS is what the death has been turned into.

Kinda pissing me off tbh.
  9. azonymous Member

^^^^
    This pisses me off no end.
    They were so quick to BAW about the poor grieving parents; it's a fine line and I'm not sure what would be effective in reframing the entire incident.
    Lord knows it's as tangled as a ball of yarn right now :(