Customize

Jim Carrey's Scientologist girlfriend Cathriona White's suicide

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Anonymous Member

As distressing as news of this recent death can be, I found this to be the saddest news of all:

White's Family Business.jpg

The Family Business.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. anon8109 Member

The US legal system has a very large blind spot if people hurt themselves claiming it's their religion.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ersatz Global Moderator

Did I miss something? Since when did they use inter venous fluids in the purif?
    • Like Like x 4
  4. They don't. Scientologists are, however, big on vitamins as a cure for everything. I suspect this was something set up with a Scientology doctor. This may be a new special CC service.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 6
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

Jim Carrey could face police grilling after his girlfriend was found dead next to pill bottles prescribed to a name he uses as an alias
    • Jim Carrey could face police grilling after bottles of pills made out to his alias were found beside the body of his ex-girlfriend
    • Cathriona White, 28, was found dead from a drugs overdose last week
    • She reportedly had bottles of sleeping pills, painkillers on a bedside table
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-dead-pill-bottles-prescribed-uses-alias.html

The Daily Mail published many reports about all this:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?sel=site&searchPhrase=Cathriona White
    • Like Like x 3
  7. SlappyDM Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. whoever Member

A link posted above by The Wrong Guy leads to an article about the discovery of the body by her friend, Jenny Burpee, and three others. It says they were worried about her and went to her house, and the door was "open." (Meaning standing open, or just unlocked? No idea.)

https://www.sundayworld.com/news/woman-tells-of-finding-best-friend-cathriona-white-s-body
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Breitbart has picked up on this:

Jim Carrey's Ex Posted Image of Scientology Depression IV Treatment Weeks Before Suicide

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...depression-iv-treatment-weeks-before-suicide/
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  11. DeathHamster Member

Ping!

http://tonyortega.org/2015/01/13/cl...e-as-tom-cruises-examiner/#comment-1792158536
    Former Sea Org, connected to the Celebrity Centre.
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Anonymous Member

Nora Crest9 months ago

I love all the congratulatory remarks under the announcement photo. Two of the women Jenny Burpee and Kim Reichel Ford were both in the Sea Org themselves at Celebrity Centre. Kim worked for the Manor Hotel as their HAS Hubbard Area Secretary, she was in charge of ALL ethics and Recruitment. I think Jenny started out in Ethics as well and then went on to work in the course rooms. Kim left after she got pregnant the first time. I don't know why Jenny left. I wonder how many people Kim handled to have abortions before she decided to NOT have one of her own. Her sister Jenny Fairchild, is still working at Celebrity Centre. The rest of the people high living Sarah for her WONDERFUL decision to give her son over to slave labor for a billion years are either parents of kids who were at one time in the Sea Org or the other people about my age that never had the balls to join. They were too "important" to do that. They didn't have the "discipline" or "confront" to do that. When I was a recruiter that is what I would be told by them or their parents. I am not saying it is a good thing to be in the sea org, it IS NOT. I am still recovering. CC is the most deceptive. And most destructive. The CO, Dave Petit, is the most evil, horrible manipulative, awful person that has ever existed. I worry for this kid. He probably doesn't even know who his real father was or who he is related to. Otherwise he wouldn't have clearance to join there. Too much of a threat legally. So keep talking about it. Hopefully they will offload him quickly and he will be spared that torture that surely awaits.

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 22.04.47.png

There are completions for a Kim Reichel and a Kim Ford, but nothing for Kim Reichel Ford:

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 22.07.47.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 22.06.53.png
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Great catch. FWIW, I cross-posted this to the ESMB thread with quotations of and links to the original source material, as well as credit to you, as follows:

As first noted by DeathHamster on WWP, Jenny Burpee, one of the four people who discovered the body, is a former Scientology Sea Org member connected to the the Church of Scientology Celebrity Centre.

From the Sunday World article "Woman tells of finding best friend Cathriona White’s body":

https://www.sundayworld.com/news/woman-tells-of-finding-best-friend-cathriona-white-s-body

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

TV producer Jenny Burpee told The Star how she became worried about Cathriona after she failed to reply to her text for four days.

30-year-old Cathriona had been dating Hollywood A-lister Jim Carey on and off for some time.

Jenny made the discovery alongside her 8-year-old niece and pals Lena and Den.

“She was in the second bedroom on the bed, and her phone was still plugged into the wall," Jenny said.

32-year-old Jenny contacted the police, who cordoned off the area.

“I just knew something was wrong when she didn’t reply to my texts on the fourth day.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Nine months ago Nora Crest noted on Tony Ortega's blog:

http://tonyortega.org/2015/01/13/cl...e-as-tom-cruises-examiner/#comment-1792158536

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Nora Crest9 months ago

I love all the congratulatory remarks under the announcement photo. Two of the women Jenny Burpee and Kim Reichel Ford were both in the Sea Org themselves at Celebrity Centre. Kim worked for the Manor Hotel as their HAS Hubbard Area Secretary, she was in charge of ALL ethics and Recruitment. I think Jenny started out in Ethics as well and then went on to work in the course rooms. Kim left after she got pregnant the first time. I don't know why Jenny left. I wonder how many people Kim handled to have abortions before she decided to NOT have one of her own. Her sister Jenny Fairchild, is still working at Celebrity Centre. The rest of the people high living Sarah for her WONDERFUL decision to give her son over to slave labor for a billion years are either parents of kids who were at one time in the Sea Org or the other people about my age that never had the balls to join. They were too "important" to do that. They didn't have the "discipline" or "confront" to do that. When I was a recruiter that is what I would be told by them or their parents. I am not saying it is a good thing to be in the sea org, it IS NOT. I am still recovering. CC is the most deceptive. And most destructive. The CO, Dave Petit, is the most evil, horrible manipulative, awful person that has ever existed. I worry for this kid. He probably doesn't even know who his real father was or who he is related to. Otherwise he wouldn't have clearance to join there. Too much of a threat legally. So keep talking about it. Hopefully they will offload him quickly and he will be spared that torture that surely awaits.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

EDITED TO ADD FROM NIGHT OWL ON WWP:

JennyBurpeeScientologyServiceCompletions.png
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Incredulicide Member

• Like Like x 5
  15. 2ic88lf.jpg

OldGang.jpg

get get get
    • Like Like x 1
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

Meet the young Hollywood types who introduced Cathriona White to Scientology

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, October 4, 2015

Excerpt:

For years, Scientology has recruited young aspiring actors and other creatives wanting to break into Hollywood by holding out the prospect of becoming part of such an in-crowd. In 1955, Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard first announced “Project Celebrity,” and offered a bounty to church members who could bring in famous actors and other artists. Ever since then, Scientology has played on the hopes of young Hollywood types and catered to them with its “Celebrity Centres.” As author Lawrence Wright has explained, one of the things that makes the Celebrity Centres so appealing is that any Scientologist can take courses there and feel like a big shot.

And it was in 2010 or 2011 that Cathriona White, trying to make her own foray into the entertainment industry, began taking courses at the Hollywood Celebrity Centre.

Our sources say that the people who encouraged her were actor Tyler Hynes, artist Tiber McCormick, and actress Jenny Burpee. McCormick’s sister, Tama Leia Stewart, was also an influence, as well as photographer Joshua Shultz.

Cat dated Tiber McCormick, our source tells us, and through him met Beck. McCormick’s sister Tama and her husband, Taylor Newton Stewart of the film scoring duo The Newton Brothers, also had some connection to Beck, our source says, but we’ve been unable to find such a connection online.

Cathriona also dated Hynes, our source says, but it was Jenny Burpee who appeared to remain a presence in Cat’s life for a longer time.

Burpee, 32, has appeared in four films. Her credits include “Woman in bed,” “Girl on TV,” “Party girl,” and “Hot-tub girl.” She has also appeared on the stage, as an assistant to illusionist Joseph Reohm. About a year ago, Reohm performed a show at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California with three stage assistants — two of whom were Jenny Burpee and Cathriona White…

We left a phone message and emailed Burpee. We’ll let you know if she gets back to us. Burpee is active in Scientology’s “The Way to Happiness” Foundation, and has marched with the foundation’s float in the Hollywood Christmas Parade, among other activities and fundraisers. Nora Crest says that she remembers Burpee serving a stint in Scientology’s Sea Org, the hard-core inner elite who sign billion-year contracts and work 112-hour weeks at pennies an hour.

<snipped>

And it was Jenny who discovered Cat’s body on Monday after she noticed that her texts to Cat weren’t being answered. Jenny is now getting publicity as the “best friend” who took Cat under her wing — but without any mention that becoming part of Jenny’s circle included the Hollywood Celebrity Centre.

<snipped>

Scientology itself has accused us of “bigotry” for even reporting on this story, and claimed that no one would be curious whether someone who committed suicide had been reading the Bible.

That’s an interesting comparison, because Scientology itself does have a Bible of sorts. It’s Dianetics, the book that founder L. Ron Hubbard wrote in 1950 and to this day is still pushed by church members as “Book One” and the start of their movement.

Dianetics has a subtitle. It is “The Modern Science of Mental Health.” In fact, the entire basis of Dianetics, and Scientology, is that Hubbard was the first person in history to discover the true nature of the human mind, and then developed the only reliable processes for good mental health. In order to get newer members to commit to Scientology’s ideas about mental health, it puts them through grueling courses that are more like hazing rituals. Remembering her ordeal on the Purification Rundown, a regimen of five-hour days in a sauna and ingesting dangerous levels of niacin and other vitamins, Cathriona used the hashtags #run #sweat #puke #repeat #day29icantfeelmylegs.

<snipped>

Cathriona had gone to California with a dream, but instead got caught up in one of its oddest products, the Scientology movement, and then found herself on a huge stage as the companion of Jim Carrey. Sadly, it left her feeling that she was still in an endless search for something she could never find.

More here, with open comments:
    http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/04/me...ho-introduced-cathriona-white-to-scientology/
    • Like Like x 4
  17. RightOn Member

Wasn't there an older Burpee that used to handle people in CA?
    I forgot her first name. She was an older women
    I thought I remember a vid of her at a parade or something. Was it Pope's or Smurf's?
    Burpee, as in the famous Burpee seed company, the way I remember it.
    Any relation to Jenny Burpee?
    edited:
    see below
    • Like Like x 1
  18. RightOn Member

Found it!
    The older Burpee I was talking about. Mary Burpee.
    It was Pope's from Winter Wonderland
    Burpee comes in at :046 and tried to touch his sign
    • Like Like x 5
  19. DeathHamster Member

How did she get access to the home's CCTV system?

And from the way the story is written, it sounds like she had access before the group went over to check on Cathriona.
    • Like Like x 6
  20. RightOn Member

Who is administering this crap?
    • Like Like x 1
  21. SINCE WHEN IS SCIENTOLOGY AUTHORIZED TO PUT IN AN INTRAVENOUS DRIP ANYWAY ?

• Like Like x 2
  22. DeathHamster Member

I'm sure the CC has a pet doctor to rubber stamp whatever.
    • Like Like x 4
  23. DeathHamster Member

If Cathriona White had been stalled on the Survival Rundown for months, wouldn't that be some kind of Ethics condition? I'm wondering if her circle of Scientologist friends had been told that she was PTS and they had to keep their distance until she handled it.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. anon33 Member

If her body was discovered by 5 people, it is likely that they found the bottles, emptied them and put it beside her. Scnists seemed to linger on the crime scene for a long time waiting for instructions, or thinking how to protect their religion first. Of course they could be bringing the bottles with them, but that's too much conspiracy theory that scn has no need for. They are already too weird and twisted.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. TorontosRoot Member

Me leans on the side that they brought the bottles and illegally used his alias to get them printed and all.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. DeathHamster Member

Eventually the toxicology tests will be completed. If what she died from doesn't match the bottles, then it raises a flag.
    • Like Like x 4
  27. Ersatz Global Moderator

That bothers me as well. Also, I find it interesting that they hadn't seen her in 4 days and that raised the flag. 4 days? If I had a depressed friend fresh off a break up I'd be worried after the first day. 5 people went there? 5?
    Sounds more like introspection rundown to me. Not saying she didn't take a hand full of pills, but something
    isn't right here.
    • Like Like x 7
  28. anon8109 Member

If The Scientology corporation sent 5 people to see her it could be she told them she was quitting the cult and they went to get her back in.

We've heard many similar stories from ex-homo novis that soon after escaping they were approached by a large group of people to browbeat them back in with a combination of empty promises that the cult will change and stop the abuses, and threats of disconnection.
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Malory Member

Pretty sure records are kept of prescriptions so any type of deception would quickly be discovered and cause even more of a fuss. Besides, even if we head into complete fantasy territory and suggest that someone broke into Carrey's house, stole the pills and planted them, it's still not going to get Carrey into trouble. The police will want to talk to him simply because they need to establish where the medication came from.
    • Like Like x 3
  30. Ersatz Global Moderator

Agreed. It would be very easy to say she stole the medications which is much more plausible.
    • Like Like x 3
  31. DeathHamster Member

Simplest explanation could be that he kept spares at her place while they were together, so that the "your place or mine tonight?" question was easy. Check for his leftover toothbrush, shirts and underwear too.

Police can handle normal questions like where drugs came from, and I don't see a CoS motive for taking a big risk to "get" Jim Carrey.
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Quentinanon Member

I hope pharmacies look at identification cards in the state of California and keep logs before handing over controlled substances.
  33. Quentinanon Member

Only as a scapegoat because he does not like scientology and "better a WOG than us."
  34. Quentinanon Member

Like Vistaril?
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

Church of Scientology denies role in death of Jim Carrey's ex-girlfriend | AOL UK

Excerpt:

One regime Cathriona was reportedly involved in, called the Purification Rundown, is a controversial drug and alcohol detox program which combines exercise, medication and reportedly also sees members spending at least four hours a day in a sauna for up to 60 days.

Another is the Survival Rundown which involves repetitive actions like touching a wall - a process that can go on for weeks or months.

The mother of Scientologist Alexander Jentzsch, who died from a drug overdose in 2012, compared her son's death to that of Cathriona.

Karen De La Carriere, who was a member for over 30 years herself, said: "He did Survival Rundown and the Purification Rundown and at 27 he was dead of methadone and other drugs.

"He died exactly like Cathriona. This is another Alexander, someone also in their twenties and connected with this toxic cult."

http://www.aol.co.uk/2015/10/05/church-of-scientology-denies-involvement-in-death-of-jim-carrey/
    • Like Like x 6
  36. Quentinanon Member

The "upper indoc" training routines and CCH process were packaged into the Survival Rundown. I did that crap long before the repackaging and, while it seems like pointless exercises, may serve the organisation to get more control of the dupe mentally.
  37. RightOn Member

ok so the lady @ :046, (Mary Burpee) in this vid is supposedly her mother.

38. See Chris Shelton's latest Q & A #25. Scientologists, two at a time, are witnessed attending nursing classes and presumably reaching a certificate level. There are probably more stories out there from professors who know these students and could speak more about it.

BTW, pay-to-stay nursing schools are quite common and teach to the test for people who want the degree.
    • Like Like x 1

39. Thank you
  40. The Wrong Guy Member

Did bizarre Scientology initiations send Carrey’s girl over the edge? | The Sun

Cult’s rituals blamed for lover’s suicide

Jim Carrey’s tragic ex believed Scientology would help her — but the cult’s gruelling “purification” regimes may have pushed her over the edge, former members claimed last night.

<snipped>

Former member John Duigan, 52, who completed both processes, said his Survival Rundown involved being forced to stare into another person’s eyes for hours while being shouted at and belittled.

He said: “This would go on for hours and you can’t react at all. I have gone nuts on it. It drove me to my first breakdown.

“I went catatonic and they had to slap me out of it and then I went completely bonkers, desperately looking for a kitchen knife to cut my guts out.”

John, who left the cult in 2006, said the Purification programme was also emotionally exhausting.

He said: “Sitting in the sauna five to eight hours a day you become dazed and confused.

“The whole idea leaves you malleable to the various indoctrinations that they put you through constantly.

“The Scientology system is a pressure cooker. They put people under extreme pressure on a lot of fronts, emotionally, mentally, and physically.”

Cult leader David Miscavige was responsible for making both programmes compulsory for members.

<snipped>

...Jim Carrey was never involved — and was even officially regarded as “hostile” by chiefs.

A former staffer at the Celebrity Centre, who asked not to be named, told The Sun that he had first irritated Scientologists in the Nineties.

Scenes from one of his movies were being shot at the Hollywood centre and Carrey’s disrespectful attitude left members “offended”. The worker said: “They did not like him from that moment on. He was not welcome.”

He was designated a “1.1” on their “human tone” scale, meaning he was covertly hostile and not to be trusted.

Carrey then infuriated them even more by prank-calling the centre pretending to want to sign up for an advanced course on enlightenment.

Then, in 2003, he mocked the cult on a Canadian talk show. He joked: “I actually got into Scientology for a while and that’s how I got this nice glazed look in my eyes.”

Carrey met Cathriona, who had gone to Hollywood to try to make it as an actress but who then became a make-up artist, in 2012.

They dated for five months then split up before getting back together in March this year. They broke up again last Thursday.

She is believed to have been introduced to the cult by US singer Beck, 45, who has been involved in Scientology for most of his life.

More here:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...y-have-pushed-Cathriona-White-to-suicide.html
    • Like Like x 3