Customize

John Mappin and the Camelot Castle Hotel, Tintagel, Cornwall

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by stc, Sep 20, 2009.

1. WhiteNight Member

Re: John Mappin and the Camelot Castle Hotel, Tintagel, Cornwall

We're still on the 2nd page for searches for Camelot Castle Hotel
    Telephone: +44 (0)1840 770202
    Facsimile: +44 (0)1840 770978
    Email: enquiries@camelotcastle.com
    Address:
    Camelot Castle Hotel
    Tintagel,
    Cornwall
    England
    PL34 0DQ

The one owned and run by John Mappin, Irina Mappin and Ted Stourton
    Yes, for those of you that missed it that was Camelot Castle Hotel in Tintagel, Cornwall.

/r/ing people edit all their posts in this thread to bump us up the google rankings. Meaning no one has to spam.
  2. Anonymous Member

autoresponder lulz
  3. kernowanon Member

More indepth googling has found this

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE? By opening a resplendent [pounds sterling]24 milion HQ in the City, the aliens have finally made their mark on London. With glossy pamphlets, celebrity patronage and the promise of effective rehab facilities, they are attempting t

4. starborgled Member

I've started another thread with the keywords 'camelot castle hotel' in the right order to (hopefully) get WWP on P1 of Google for a search on those keywords.

It's here

If you're an Anon Mod, please don't pull it! Thanks!
  5. starborgled Member

Excellent find, Kernowanon.

Mr. John Mappin seems to be intimately connected with at least two big scientology DVD releases: "Psychiatry: an Industry of Death" (referenced in the above article) and the more recent "The Way To Happiness".

I wonder what his role is...exactly.

Is there a secret production suite hidden in Camelot Castle Hotel manned by failed filmmakers and lost art-school video editors?

Or a DVD pressing plant staffed by 'disappeared' Polish waiters?

So what IS the CCH really - in scientology terms? What ARE the roles of John, Ted, Irina and Marek....really? What mission are they really on because it's pretty obvious it's not about running a hotel or providing guests with the best hotel experience.
  6. kernowanon Member

Just remembered Irina is Johns second beard/wife, would it be possible to find out who his first wife was??
  7. Anonymous Member

Top of P2 and rising :p
  8. starborgled Member

Been reading the foreign language reviews on TripAdvisor (using IM Translator) ... very amusing. How about this German one from 2009:

"I do now, the hideous eyes hurt from this 'art'. glitter-glue, and butterflies than fit in a barbie-home! The room had one beautiful outlook was reasonably clean and the bed miserable. We have frozen quite nice in the morning and wanted to get away! the newspaper on the bedside table should read it. I am currently not sure if it is a joke, or whether the artist is crazy? how can this butterfly-picker call themselves artists century?"

This couple clearly supped of the Kornish Kool Aid:

"A friend once told me that the meaning of magic has nothing to do with cause and effect, but that this field we can conclude from the effect to the cause. The Castle and its wonderful staff exude a feeling of such a positive attitude that one can make his dreams come true there! Highly recommended. Howard and Claudia "

I also found one by someone named after singer Rachael Hawnt. There's not a single other Rachael Hawnt in Google so either Ted or John just used the name for a dummy account on TripAdvisor or Miss Hawnt herself was moved to pen the following sparse lyrics:

"This place of magic was beautifully run with a smart able friendly smooth manor, we enjoyed our moments there, and would pass on the news of fantastic food and personal caring charm to all."

Great to-the-point thread here on TripAvisor about the clearly faked positive reviews of this crooked cult shithole. The fact that they're still banging up these totally fake 5 star reviews just goes to prove that TA are as bent as Camelot Castle Hotel.
  9. xenubarb Member

Happily, the Trip Advisor website includes a link to pix of the CCH.

Photos of Camelot Castle Hotel, Tintagel - Hotel Images - TripAdvisor

One pic of a "deluxe room" shows peeling plaster on the wall around the fireplace, a hole in the wall higher up, and a cramped, tiny room with not much space to move about. And, oh joy! Included in the photostream is the butterfly Stourton which so offended German guests!

vibrancy.jpg
  10. Anonymous Member

Art that crappy could find its home in the A Gallery, a notorious shithole run by brainwashed buttmuncher and all-around faggot extraordinaire Fraser Kee Scott
  11. xenubarb Member

Maybe Scott already showcases Stourtons in his gallery?
  12. Alona Member

hello
    i wanna just say that i've been there. i was one of their favourite. i had privileges. i could do more than others. for example when one of my collegues hit accidentally mr Stourton he had to write him a letter and tell how saorry he was and he had to clean his basement. but when i hit mr Mappin by accident of course he just smiled and said: that's ok my dear. not to worry.
    i had to do a lot of tests. and i did. and they treated me very well i could do whatever i wanted to and they said nothing. but i just couldn't stand that they made me to do those tests and read those books. they never said scientology.
    now i am really affraid to say my name or tell any details about my experience there. i was too close to them and i am scared. like really scared
  13. xenubarb Member

It's okay. Two old Scifags aren't going to cause you trouble, and the Scientology organization itself has a lot bigger things to deal with at the moment. However, nobody will ask your name here. (anonymous, see?)

You know what they're doing, exploiting people is wrong, right? And the only way to stop it is by speaking out? The only way they get away with this is by terrorizing their victims. Seriously, these two loafers; the worst I'd fear is
    1. Mappin breaking in to redecorate my palace
    2. Stourton hanging his awful "art" on my walls in ways that makes them impossible to remove

There may come a time when your story might be valuable to a court case. Human trafficking is a very serious issue. If you can wipe it out in one little area, you've helped avert the suffering of those who follow you to work at Camelot Castle.

It's ultimately your choice; keep your mouth shut and let this abuse continue, or speak out when it's time to end it.
  14. Alona Member

15. starborgled Member

Hi Alona - thank you for posting, it confirms what some of us have been researching. I've been over at your site and read a lot of the discussions. Would you contact me by PM? I'd really like to talk to you about this more.
  16. Anonymous Member

It could be staffed by a troop of Youth for Human rights art competition winners and a young girl with a broken jaw.

17. Alona Member

i have tons of thse movies. about psychiatry, drugs, dianetics and more
  18. Anonymous Member

Please tell us more Alona, your experience will really help others avoid working for these lunatics. What were the conditions like? How much did they pay you? Did you have a contract of employment? Did you have paid leave?
  19. Anonymous Member

Did you ever witness John and Ted kissing or touching each others private parts?
  20. Alona Member

well all i can say is that this was really big trauma.
    the conditions were really bad. actually i have to admit that they never registered me there. i was the only one who was working without any social security number. i don't know why.
    first i have to read way to happiness and they asked me questions about what i read. then i had to read dianetics and other crap. they gave me pills and when i left this place they were pretending that they didn't know about my leaving so they didn't pay me. i had to beg them for my money when i get back home.
    i stayed there for a summer break and i wanted to earn money for my university. i worked a lot and i earned nothing.
    i was their favourite and because of them i had no friends there because everyone was scared that i am one of them and i can tell some things about hotel staff.
    i really wanna warn everyone. do not go to work there! it is a mess. i am still a mess. i believed them and i was way to deep into this scientology crap so that's why i am scared now
  21. Alona Member

no i didn't but i saw John naked...
  22. Anonymous Member

Holy shit, no wonder you are so traumatised. Please do tell...
  23. Anonymous Member

24. anoninoob Member

One thing you can do to help is alert your University and prevent others from being recruited and suffering the same fate as yourself. Don't be afraid or intimidated. Stand strong, stand proud. You survived this and now can peek behind the curtains and help expose the bad things that this organization does.
  25. Alona Member

i was trying to d that. i mean i started this site and i was really proud how many people were writing to me that they didn't go there because of what i wrote
  26. anoninoob Member

good on ya for your courage. Don't back down. We'll back you up as much as we can.
  27. Anonymous Member

We are Anonymous.
    We are Legion.
    We do not forgive.
    We do not forget.

Or, if you prefer,

Jesteśmy Anonimowy.
    Jesteśmy Legia.
    My czynić nie przebaczać.
    My czynić nie zapominać.
  28. Alona Member

this is great that you have this site. i hope they will shut this hotel down
  29. starborgled Member

Alona, hope to speak to you on MSN later to take some time to find out more details (anonymously of course).

It was me that commented on your blog btw - so welcome over here.

I think it's safe to say that the powers that be (Anonymous) are working to ensure that this cult hostel doesn't exploit too many more staff, guests or just unsuspecting old folks and families who made the mistake of stopping in at the 'Gallery' in Tintagel.

:D
  30. Alona Member

this is story from my friend's essay

31. xenubarb Member

The spiders eat the roaches, the rats eat the spiders, and the snakes eat the rats. It's a food chain! Crikey, don't let the tree huggers hear of this or they'll make CCH into a nature preserve! :)
  32. Alona Member

but who is gonna eat snakes??? maybe the mold?
  33. AnotherSock Member

Camelot Castle Hotel, Tintagel, Cornwall

Just a thought, for anybody with a 'war story' about their visit to the Camelot Castle Hotel...

Cornwall Council
    Environmental Health and Licensing

Health and Safety Complaints

Telephone: 0300 1234 212

Email: envhealthandlicensing@cornwall.gov.uk

All you have to do is tell them that you stayed there and you've seen staff using the same chopping board for cooked and raw meat... they'll visit, and find all kinds of things wrong with wiring, plumbing, fire escapes, grounds, staffing... once they start finding things wrong, Environmental Health keep on sniffing around.

The potential to shut down this cult hostel is massive. Have fun with it!
  34. Re: Camelot Castle Hotel, Tintagel, Cornwall

Good idea is good. Pass it on Alona.
  35. Alona Member

this is really great idea. i am gonna do this
  36. anoninoob Member

two words...

Black Mold
  37. xenubarb Member

O HELLZ YAH!

Many of the reports include mention of mold. Should definitely be mentioned to the health authorities.
  38. DeathHamster Member

Serve "chicken" soup.
  39. xenubarb Member

Stick 'em in "eel pie."

eel3.jpg
  40. starborgled Member

I'm currently talking with Alona on MSN. What she's telling me plus everything else on this thread is a pretty damning picture of these people.

For example:

"...from time to time they put us on the third floor and had conversations with us. Main topics: has anyone done something bad? Has someone talked badly about Mr Stourton, the Mappins or Mr Hubbard. Does anyone have problems or doubts...?"

Also confirms that the poor staff had to sign a 50 point agreement that included:

• not to speak to anyone in the village
    • not to have sex with anyone in the village or other staff
    •not to talk to each other about their wages