Customize

John Travolta creeped everyone out at the Oscars

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Feb 22, 2015.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

John Travolta creeped everyone out at the Oscars | Business Insider

http://www.businessinsider.com/john-travolta-creeped-everyone-out-at-the-oscars-2015-2

Idina Menzel Calls John Travolta 'Glom Gazingo' At This Year's Oscars | Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/23/idina-menzel-john-travolta-oscars_n_6733388.html
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Django Member

Next year's Oscars should be interesting - with "Going Clear" almost a certain shoe-in for a best Doc nomination, imagine the candid shots of the Travoltas/Ribisis/etc. (should they even show up).
    • Like Like x 6
  3. RightOn Member

ha ha thanks WG! Sorry I missed the live creepiness. Anyone have a vid of it?
    Way to go Travolta!

My favorite tweet:
    pGrhKWW5_normal.jpeg Perez Hilton@PerezHilton
    Follow

#Scientology is now officially asking #JohnTravolta to leave their church! #Oscars
    • Like Like x 5
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

View attachment 25F93F1300000578-2964660-Incoming_-m-60_1424665679

She got chills! The awkward moment Scarlett Johansson gets a surprise kiss from John Travolta on Oscars red carpet

There's no doubt she looked irresistible in her emerald green gown. But Scarlett Johansson was rather taken aback by a certain admirer's advances on Sunday night.

The 30-year-old actress was posing for photographs on the Academy Awards' red carpet when John Travolta, 61, crept up from behind to plant a big smacker on her cheek.

And the blonde beauty didn't quite know what to do with herself during the awkward encounter, keeping her arms down by her side as he placed his hand on her waist.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ta-pulls-surprise-kiss-Oscars-red-carpet.html

Oscars 2015: John Travolta Creeps Out Scarlett, Idina and Twitter | NDTV Movies

Actor John Travolta, or what looked like a wax model of him, made a spectacle of himself at the Oscars again, first by creepily kissing Scarlett Johannsson on the red carpet and then by creepily touching co-presenter Idina Menzel's face during the show.

As celebrities sashayed or swaggered down the red-carpeted Hollywood Boulevard, Mr Travolta ditched his wife Kelly Preston to sneak around an unsuspecting ScarJo and plant a smackeroo on her cheek. He then walked away, leaving her looking like she had no idea what just happened.

http://movies.ndtv.com/hollywood/os...-creeps-out-scarlett-idina-and-twitter-741658

Why Was John Travolta Caressing Idina Menzel's Face At The Oscars? | Starpulse

You know, you almost feel bad for John Travolta. Guy hilariously butchers one name at last year's Oscars, and it's all anyone can talk about for an entire year.

But the world will be moving on from "Adele Dazeem" jokes now. And to replace them, we'll be doing "John Travolta, Why Are You Petting My Face?" jokes until the 2016 Oscars.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/Adam_Bellotto/2015/02/23/why-was-john-travolta-caressing-idina-

John Travolta explains his weird grab of Idina Menzel's chin | NY Daily News

Possibly the most egocentric part of Travolta's night came when he said the actress thanked him for helping her have a career-making year.

"The beautiful news is that she told me she had one of the best years of her life and credits me for that," Travolta said.

Before leaving the show, Travolta told Kimmel he was going to show off his "Saturday Night Fever" moves at some of the Oscars after-parties.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ng-idina-menzel-chin-oscars-article-1.2125712

John Travolta creeped on Idina Menzel and Scarlett Johansson at the Oscars (Video) | Lightly Buzzed

John Travolta had himself quite a night at the Oscars. Not only did he debut an incredible new hairpiece, he also got to redeem himself for last year’s Adele Dazeem debacle by appearing on-stage with “Adele Dazeem” herself, Idina Menzel. In a cute little turn-the-tables bit, Menzel called Travolta “Glom Gazingo” and then…oh, John, what the hell?

This is how you turn a cute little bit into something really really uncomfortable. WHAT IS HE TRYING TO DO TO HER FACE? It looks like he’s trying to find a corner so he can peel her face and take it home with him. HAS JOHN TRAVOLTA TURNED INTO A WEIRD FACE-PEELING PSYCHO? IS THIS THE SCIENTOLOGY END GAME???

http://lightlybuzzed.com/2015/02/23...idina-menzel-scarlett-johansson-oscars-video/
    • Like Like x 4
  5. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. RightOn Member

Love the giant silver man chain, his pasty complexion and his hair.
    His creepiness added to it.
    What a hot mess this guy is.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. RightOn Member

His explanation of why he flubbed the name last year. Not very OT Johnny!
    He is starting to remind me of Liberace.

• Like Like x 3
  8. RightOn Member

In case you all forgot about Scarlett Johansson...
    Scarlett Johansson is the actress that Cruise wined and dined a long time back and had some clams waiting for her to talk to after dinner. Wasn't she?
    But she declined.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. RightOn Member

found it, this was the story 2005

"Weeks before he began wooing his brainwashed bride-to-be, Cruise made repeated phone calls to the 19-year-old starlet who was then set to co-star with him in Mission Impossible imploring her to meet him at the Scientology Celebrity Center in L.A.

But when the actress finally agreed, the supposedly professional get-together took an oddly spiritual turn. [Cruise] took me into this room, which was stifling hot, and was showing me all kinds of info about joining the church, Johansson told our source.

The whole time he didn't even offer me a cookie! Instead, he offered her dinner and a glimpse into the Twilight Zone.
    After two hours of proselytizing, our source says Cruise opened a door to reveal a second room full of upper-level Scientologists who had been waiting to dine with the pair, at which point the cool-headed ingenue politely excused herself.

Soon after the meeting, Johansson dropped out of Mission Impossible III, reportedly due to scheduling conflicts.

http://www.jewlicious.com/2005/06/tom-cruise-tried-to-convert-scarlett-johansson/

Wonder who the upper level clams where back then?
    • Like Like x 5
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 11
  11. Mr. Magoo Member

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mr. Magoo Member

• Like Like x 4
  13. Quentinanon Member

With scientology circulating in his brain, he is not going to get any smarter.
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Hugh Bris Member

But what's Biden's excuse? Oh, right, he's a Democrat
    • Like Like x 4
  15. 414

16. RightOn Member

^^^^
    Madame Tussauds Wax Museum's newest members immortalized in wax
    • Like Like x 3
  17. A.O.T.F Member

Even comes with him holding his "Clam"
    • Like Like x 1
  18. A.O.T.F Member

B-hCMLUIAAAi8Q5.jpg

GIF_oscars_travolta2.gif

Gay guy tries to overtly portray himself to be straight.
    • Like Like x 6
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 4
  20. A.O.T.F Member

B-iQFmkIgAADkx8.jpg

If a guy would go to the extreme measure of covering up the fact that he is partially bald, what else is he covering up? I'm saying that vanity is an obvious one, and is just one of many underlying deceptions, when it comes to this guy.

That is all

Carry on
    • Like Like x 2
  21. RightOn Member

Riddle me this.
    Why would a millionaire like Travolta "slum it" at a multi chain gym at 3 am?
    If anyone thinks it is to work out, then i have a bridge to sell them.
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Welcome to the world new MeMe !

DZ7Upt9.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Malory Member

Seems Kelly Preston had a spat with J-Lo as well.
    http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2015/02/mr-x-blind-item-1-academy-awards.html

• Like Like x 5
  24. she's got no wee wee ?
  25. And can afford and probably has a better gym in his homes.

John Travolta explains why he is hitting gym in the early hours as he attends event wearing hairpiece (days after showing off naturally thinning mane in 3am selfie)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2917019/John-Travolta-explains-hitting-gym-early-hours-attends-event-wearing-hairpiece-days-showing-naturally-thinning-mane-3am-selfie.html#ixzz3ShElKoA8
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Kilia Member

Aww...video was removed. :(
  27. RightOn Member

Action figure with changeable hair and facial hair?
    Comes with giant man chain, sauna towel, emeter and beard.
    • Like Like x 3
  28. Disambiguation Global Moderator

GI John? My Little Creepy Uncle? The Hands Monster? Visiril Vampire?
    Grease Groper?
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Hand On Hip Not Waist Wastrel?
    • Like Like x 1
  30. RightOn Member

more like Scilon John
    • Like Like x 2
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

So, When Did John Travolta Become Hollywood's Creepy Uncle? | The Huffington Post

By Lauren Duca

What exactly is the space that John Travolta occupies in Hollywood? He’s the second-most famous member of Scientology, an aging sex symbol intent on pretending he is not old (or balding), who is marked by trauma and sexual speculation that has spanned decades. After the Oscars on Sunday, it seemed like he thinks of himself as the kind of beloved legend who can engage in wacky antics sans scrutiny (the best example of that sort of figure is Bill Murray). But we don’t have enough space from Travolta's roller coaster of a career to watch him grabbing Scarlett Johansson and Idina Menzel while simply shaking our heads and saying, “Typical Travolta!” When did he become Hollywood’s creepy uncle?

There is this idea, as The Independent pointed out in a 2014 interview pegged to “The Forger,” that Scientology led to the “nadir” of his career. But really, Travolta has been associated with the church since before the height of his fame, and actually credits the religion with his rise. He joined in 1975, starred in “Saturday Night Fever" in 1977 and “Grease” in 1978. “I would say that Scientology put me into the big time,” he said (via the Daily Mail).

Last paragraph:

The grip of Scientology on his life is massive, especially when you think about how quickly it spun Tom Cruise out of control and how much earlier Travolta went through the church's auditing process. That combined with the instability of Travolta’s stardom and the grief he’s seen over recent years make him into a decidedly tragic figure. There are objective reasons why grabbing various famous women would be a gross and rapidly meme-ified Oscar moment. Coming from Travolta it represents an eerie desperation that forces us to look at what nearly 40 years in and out of the spotlight has forced our long-lost Tony Manero to hide beneath his wig.

The full article is here:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/26/middlebrow-john-travolta_n_6748146.html
    • Like Like x 5
  32. A.O.T.F Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

SCIENTOLOGY RENOUNCES JOHN TRAVOLTA | The Studio Exec

California – The church of Scientology has today declared that John Travolta’s membership of the religion has been revoked.

“He’s got nothing to do with us”, said chief Scientologist David Miscavige:

I’ve informed all members that they should break contact with Mr Travolta and if they bump into him, they should just look the other way and pretend he’s not there.

A prominent member of the Church who wished to remain nameless said Travolta has had this coming for a while:

He’s just a strange guy and having him around is bad for PR. I mean let’s be honest, Scientology is creepy enough and the last thing it needs is some face-touching weirdo on the books. We’ve talked about making him ‘disappear’ numerous times but he’s too much of a public figure. We can get away with that kind of thing if the person isn’t well known but people would notice he was missing.

Travolta’s reputation has sunk to such depths that even the billion year old soul of the alien spirit currently inhabiting his body has had enough:

Fuck this for a game of soldiers. I’m off to posses Kurt Russell.

Source:
    http://thestudioexec.com/scientology-renounces-john-travolta/
    • Like Like x 2
  34. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 3
  35. RightOn Member

LOL!! Love it!
  36. RightOn Member

no pic of Travolta kissing Hubbard yet?
    WAT?
  37. Mr. Magoo Member

How about one kissing Xenu?