Customize

'John Travolta, Grieving and Deceiving' - Gawker

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by NoMoreDiscoNnects, Jan 7, 2009.

1. 'John Travolta, Grieving and Deceiving' - Gawker

Lies: John Travolta, Grieving and Deceiving

2. A.Non Hubbard Member

Re: 'John Travolta, Grieving and Deceiving' - Gawker

[IMG]

Jett's arm is coming from the right while Jett is on the left.
  3. Top Grunge Member

THE WHOLE HEAD IS SHOOPED ON! THE BODY IS THAT OF THE NANNY!
  4. Consensus Member

Gawker has been a bit... overzealous with this. I can understand why the rags would report that the guy who found his son was the guy kissing him in that one photo; and I can understand why someone would point out that Jett's symptoms don't match kawasaki disorder; and I can understand articles expressing sympathy and describing John's grief; I can understand articles pointing out that critics have said Jett has autism and warned that he may die if left untreated; and I can understand articles that point out that Travolta's PR team have photoshoped those images.

but I can't really understand why you'd pile them all into one article together.

And it detracts from the message, because - honestly - the point here is actually very strong. Travolta shouldn't NEED to have PR people scouring over everything he releases. If any other celeb had a child die, there would not be this level of effort in making sure everything comes out perfect. No other celeb would get sucked into a PR war. And most celebs are decent enough folk that the masses would stand behind them if someone started pissing on them. What makes Travolta different?

SCIENTOLOGY.
  5. reznik Member

if Jett was hung like a donkey i would be worried.
  6. Re: 'John Travolta, Grieving and Deceiving' - Gawker

wow gawker is getting a bit... nasty. I'm no expert, but I think their photoshop analysis is flawed, the change in appearance of the jawline may be due to the different posture and the different facial expression in the 2nd pic.

edit: I was wrong, they do have a point about those photos
  7. mrfyde Member

Well I have noticed for the last two days this has been more like some Tom Cruise BS where he claims he stops a woman from being mugged than it is about a family in grief.

Maybe they just hired people to handle the bad pr and have given them a rubber stamp as to how they do it.

But shopping the photos to make the kid ... LESS HOMELY (?) is disgusting to me. This story is no longer about Jett. It has been a week at least this is now a story about a hollywood couple and their nanny who got distracted by a party they where giving and for what ever reason lost track of a disabled teenager.

I would like to know the condition of the body was it dead for 10 min or 10 hours when it arrived at the hospital ? Because both have been reported. (aprox times)

And the constant mention of Kawasaki reminds me so much of how Michael Jackson would not grant an interview to anyone who did not give him the title "the King of Pop".
  8. whoever Member

No, they are saying both pics were doctored.

What really looks doctored is that white arm!
  9. Re: 'John Travolta, Grieving and Deceiving' - Gawker

That's called having joints.
  10. A.Non Hubbard Member

Jett's arm would have to be about 5 feet long to achieve that bend.
  11. TheBitch Member

I thought it was called a reach around.
  12. Your Mom Member

LOL....that's not a white arm. That's the side of the boat or whatever it is they're on. The hand is obviously bent at the wrist.

In the first pic, however, the side of the glass where they maintain his jawline, etc. were altered shows signs of being warped like things do in Photoshop with the warp tool.

I fail to see why only one side of the glass would be blurry and the other completely clear otherwise.
  13. mrfyde Member

The white part doesn't seem to have any shadows at first I thought it was part of the boat. I think it is actually part of another picture. It also looked like JT's head was manipulated a little. (Edit to address the boat comment above. If it is part of the boat the boat seems to have a hole in it I can see the water under the "white arm looking thing)

I guess it comes in handy if your "MANNY" is also a wedding photographer.
  14. anongurl7 Member

woah woah woah... is the article saying he had some medical symptom with the swelling that would point to autism??

if not, then shoops on that is tinfoil.
  15. BunnySkull Member

I wouldn't say its about making Jett look less homely rather less FAT. The are obviously trying to slim him down considerably by streamlining his jawline and cut out/down the obvious double chin.
  16. Exstaff Member

prolly some "bright idea" a publicist had.
  17. Kilia Member

If you put more green water in the white area..Jett's hand would be in perfect alignment.
  18. Kilia Member

Did a little bit of fast work, but see what I mean here?
    JettandJohn.jpg
  19. eddieVroom Member

I think the "white area" is a rail or somesuch. That it aligns with the hand and creates a little cognitive dissonance may be intentional, though. It's an eye-catcher that floats right below the perceptual threshold. As such, it would be considered a "money shot" technique in some circles.
  20. Re: 'John Travolta, Grieving and Deceiving' - Gawker

Quite. Given the size of the hand, his forearm would extend slightly outside of the picture, making his upper arm even longer, perhaps quite a drastic amount longer than his torso.

Which, unless Jett was actually a spider, does not make sense from a strictly anatomical point of view.

EDIT: Can't be a rail. You don't see any continuation of it beyond Jett's shoulder.
  21. whoever Member

LOL. I got thrown off by the discussion of the hand and its position. The funny thing is, when I saw that photo before, and it was more tightly cropped (the white not showing as much or maybe not even at all), the position of the hand looked natural to me, and I understood where the hand was coming from. But with more of the image showing, including the white part, I got completely disoriented! :p
  22. EpicSwordGuy Member

he looks uglyer shooped in the first picture imo

like he has a ass growing out of his face

lol assface
  23. EpicSwordGuy Member

you're making it awfully difficult to pretend that we think he has a really long arm
  24. mrfyde Member

Either way they are trying to remember him in a way that he was not suggesting that their own child was not "perfect enough" for them.

-------
    I first saw the "white arm" as a rail. And the hand is a much better shop on JT's head than anything else in the picture if it is shopped. They might have tried to cut something out of the picture. But honestly I think they sent the wrong one to be used. But their is no shadow on the rail if that is what it is and it has no depth and matches the same shade of white as the white screen i have on my wwp skin. If you are looking at the pic with the "new skin" try looking at it with a white background.

Or maybe the picture had a rail and they tried to shop it out and then sent the wrong file.
  25. blah Member

they are trying to make him look less autistic you idiots.

as far as the 'rail' who gives a fuck, it's some random background object that happens to line up with Jett's hand. it is not where the shooping is.
  26. xenubarb Member

you guys don't be around boats much. sheesh, it is part of the boat. this is getting kind of stupid on a surreal level...
  27. rof Member

If you eliminate it they may fall overboard like when Daffy Duck gets his bill erased.
  28. exOT8Michael Member

OMG is this the original photo before shooping??
    I hope I am wrong..

[IMG]
  29. mrfyde Member

I am REALLY starting to like you Michael.
  30. exOT8Michael Member

The cleaning fluids made me do eeet.
  31. Re: 'John Travolta, Grieving and Deceiving' - Gawker

is that magoo in the mouth? lulz
  32. blah Member

jettze0.jpg
    [IMG]

the reality of the situation
  33. WTF Member

JettandJohn.gif
    [COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="3"]"Daddy I see that bad man again..."[/SIZE][/COLOR]
  34. JFawkeson Member

OMG, you did not just do that, lol!
  35. Re: 'John Travolta, Grieving and Deceiving' - Gawker

MOAR!
  36. whoever Member

I am overcome with love for you shoopers. Must go cry.
  37. cubby Member

38. parrotnut Member

This post by a scientologist got my attention:

As a Scientologist, I am outraged at so much of the media's snide implication that Mr. John Travolta's religion was to blame for Jett's death. The truth is that Scientology provided John the tools to handle his son's spiritual condition through the standard application of LRH tech. Instead, John chose to poison his son with the psych drug Depakote. John, you are an embarrassment to all of Scientology for turning to the pseudoscience of psychiatry. This is the overt that pulled in the tragic end cycle of your son. Please, John, for the love of god, get your ethics in and PLEASE disconnect from the psychs.
  39. themadhair Member

^ I strongly suspect that comment isn't from a genuine scifag
  40. WTF Member

Probably not a Scn.

It is verboten to publicly speak badly about scn in good standing.

It is also "out tech" (and at least impolite) to point out "overts" to others.