Customize

John Travolta speaks out on the death of his son

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by RavenEyes, Jan 4, 2009.

1. RavenEyes Member

John Travolta speaks out on the death of his son

Travolta speaks out for first time about death of son Jett - Telegraph
  2. Re: John Travolta speaks out on the death of his son

The only truth I see is that it is more than clear that JT loved his son, he did not, however, love his son enough to get out of that fucking cult.
  3. JMac85 Member

Re: John Travolta speaks out on the death of his son

"The kiss of life"?

Anyway, will they be releasing medical records proving that he was really diagnosed with Kawasaki disease and was on meds? Seems awfully convenient that he contracted that rare disease and had a rare reaction to his anti-seizure medication.

I mean, the Co$ made a big stink demanding the release of John Odgren's medical records. Seems only fair, right?
  4. JoshTheater Member

I think this can very possibly be interpreted as meaning that Jett was receiving high doses of Niacin as a "drug treatment" (Niacin can cause liver damage).

[strike]I would like to see what medication he was taking addressed by the media.[strike] Just saw this: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/298-jett-travolta/jett-depakote-35255.

Still, wonder why he was not placed on another drug.
  5. orly Member

His rare reaction to the anti-seizure meds is stupid, frankly; when someone has a bad reaction to meds, you put them on different ones, NOT "oh honey let's take away his medication because it's not working as well as it used to". He'd been off his meds for a while, I thought, because the first one they tried didn't work out or something.

I don't think the "reacted badly to meds" part is too bad, to be honest; it's the "so we took away all the meds instead of getting him better ones" part that I found more damning.

EDIT: No, they said he took Dekapote (or Depakote, whatever), and that it stopped being completely effective and caused liver damage (rare side effect), so they took away the meds (INSTEAD OF GETTING HIM NEW ONES).
  6. reznik Member

when i find someone who has been dead for hours. i also attempt to resuscitate.
  7. Puppet Member

When you get shoved off a cliff you flap your arms.
  8. JMac85 Member

With gentile kisses?
  9. Hostile Member

what I gather from this is that he
    tried cpr (on a head injury, wtf man?)
    paramedics come (and apparently try cpr as well... on a head injury)

anyway, the story is getting close to the clearness of a cinder block.

we still don't know what condition he had aside from some form of epilepsy,
    we still don't know how he died,
    we don't know who found him first... and when he died

what do we know?
  10. whosit Member

Actually I was a boy scout. First thing with ANY first aid is to check breathing and plus. If you don't have either you might well not treat the head wound.

just sayin.
  11. Anonynamefag Member

It would be downright heartless if someone got him sec checked for using psych meds for his son.
  12. Vir Member

Copypasta:
  13. Dubber Member

travoltadouglaslq6.jpg
  14. whosit Member

Is that Bob Barker?

"The Price Wrong Bitch"

barker.jpg
  15. CantPickaName Member

"the most wonderful son that two parents could ever ask for".

uh...huh
  16. IComeInPeace Member

JOHN TRAVOLTA spent a magical day with his son JETT before the teenager died early on Friday morning (02Jan09), after suffering a seizure in the Bahamas.
    The 16-year-old and his dad went boating and Travolta's attorney Michael Ossi reveals a series of beautiful pictures were taken of the pair, which the actor will treasure forever.
    Ossi says, "(They had a) beautiful day on the water with beautiful pictures taken. Jett loved the water, and that was the last time he spent with his father."

JOHN TRAVOLTA - TRAVOLTA SPENT A MAGICAL LAST DAY WITH HIS SON
  17. DamOTclese Member

"I did everything I could to keep him alive"

Translation: The father fucker subjected Jett to Scientology's "Purification Rundown" and denied him anti-seizure medication.

The Travoltas need to go to prison and their remaining children need to be taken in to custody before that insane Scientology father fucker kills the rest of his wife's kids.
  18. Sefus Member

Kiss of Life = CPR
  19. captainslug Member

These lawyers are absurdly inconsistent and stupid.
    Grand Mal is a type of seizure, and a symptom of epilepsy. NOT A FORM OF EPILEPSY.
  20. number 6 Member

No that's Kirk Douglas, Michael Douglas' dad.
  21. the_cloak Member

What I'm really curious about is... why couldn't scientology tech have helped him instead? Taking them at their word about the med you know on good faith and all, a med the caused liver damage could do what scientology could not? This is yet more light shone on the ineffectiveness of scientology to live up to its claims.
  22. zucchini Member

There was a bell that would go off to alert Jett's caretakers when he went to the bathroom. And a spokesman said Jett had a caretaker there with him 24/7.

Jeff last saw (or knew) Jett alive when he went to the bathroom the night before. What point is there to a bathroom alarm if the caretaker didn't make sure Jett didn't have seizure in the most dangerous room, the bathroom?

If a caretaker was with Jett 24/7, didn't that mean that someone slept in the same room with him, so he could help Jett out in the bathroom to make sure he didn't have a sudden severe seizure, and if he did, to protect him? I assume that when that bell went off, the caretaker should sprint to the bathroom to watch over Jett. So, why wasn't Jett protected that night? Was someone busy celebrating New Year's instead?

Seems to me that the bathroom bell/alarm, whatever it was, served a purpose which was ignored that night.

With all the money at their disposal, it's very sad that grand mal seizures weren't taken as seriously as they should be. They are life threatening, causing unconsciousness! Jett should never have been all alone, especially in the bathroom with all the hard surfaces. There probably were two caretakers so Jett would never be alone. Who dropped the ball?

Maybe Jett needed three caretakers, preferably familiar with autism and seizures.

Helper dogs can predict seizures and protect their owners from harm, by guiding them to a safe position and protecting the owner with their bodies. I don't know how an autistic child would react to a dog, though, so that might not have been a possible additional safety mechanism.

As for Depakote, it may be frowned upon for bipolar disorder, but allowed for grand mal seizures (by Scientology).
  23. Re: John Travolta speaks out on the death of his son

The nanny was John Travolta's gay lover.
    If I showed you a picture of when they were doing New Years Eve .... nevermind just go to to the dome and fined it yourself
  24. skidmark Member

I was thinking about this earlier. A service dog would not be outside the realm of possibility for them. Most people don't have that luxury available due to time and money restraints - the person has to be matched with the dog and they have to do training together. The theory is that dogs can scent a hormone that is produced before a seizure begins and can alert the owner and the caretakers.

I know that before I have a seizure, I only feel a little off - dizzy and sometimes nauseated - and it's logical to go to the bathroom when you feel like you're going to barf. Oddly enough, it's one of my CATs that notice when I'm not well. He lays on my chest and won't move until I'm better. He's 20 lbs, so he does that pretty well.

Using trained animals seems like one of the most logical things a person with limitless time and money who doesn't believe in medication would do. Also, dogs won't get pissed off at you or get drunk or hungover at a New Year's party. They are so much more reliable than people.
  25. subgenius Member

^^^^^THIS^^^^^is what points to $cientology. $cientology killed Jett
  26. zucchini Member

Thanks, skidmark. It's wonderful your cat is so in tune with you and so protective.

I think that Jett probably felt very lonely, and a dog's affection probably would have helped him out emotionally, too.

Yes, I read about Jeff and saw the photo of the kiss. It still doesn't explain why two caretakers, providing 24/7 care, would have allowed Jett to be alone in the bathroom.

"Status Epilepticus: The grand mal is the most harmful type of status epilepticus seizure. It is defined as more than 30 minutes of continuous seizure activity, or two or more sequential seizures."

Terrible way to die, and it could have been prevented if a caretaker had been watching over him.
  27. CantPickaName Member

I thought "Grand mal" was Darths boss
  28. Re: John Travolta speaks out on the death of his son

wot about service curtains?

dont 4got the service curtains
  29. DeathHamster Member

Don't mess with Spartacus! (or his wife.)

Dept of Hubris:
    Scientology could have saved Anna Nicole, says Travolta Herald March 2, 2007, Personalities, New Zealand Herald
  30. mrfyde Member

Little late for service dog.... Sure is a lot of talk about them. Also most people don't let the dog go into the bath room with them. And Kelly was very worried about allergies. (she doesn't seem like a dog person either)
  31. Snake Member

kiss of life? That's creeeeeeeeeepy!
  32. Bluebell Member

autistic children and pets - Yahoo! Search Results
  33. Joda Member

They will most likely blame the drug he did get, rather than admit defeat. Spin up some bullshit about how the meds made it worse.
  34. SP_thats_me Member

yes, because if you find your child on the ground dead, you exhibit purely rational behavior and accept the death, rather than attempting to resuscitate him in the case that he is only unconscious.
  35. Re: John Travolta speaks out on the death of his son

you think John is devastated nao...

wait til he gets the cognition that without a retard in tow he'll have no excuse to take his gay lover everywhere
  36. subgenius Member

He will either retreat further into the comfort zone of his cult, or blow.
  37. amaX Member

If the boy slowly bled out throughout the night and into the next day and had only been dead for less than 30-45 minutes, I could see someone being able to stomach giving him CPR to try and revive him. If he'd been dead longer than that, they probably wouldn't have been able to stand the smell or how he looked. Touch assists after the 30-45 minute period would be something they'd be able to get through if rigor hadn't started and the expulsion of bowels, bladder, and some gases wasn't too horrible. Lividity (blood pooling) starts almost immediately and that's not pretty to look at.

Depending on how hot or cold the bathroom was, rigor usually starts to set in at 4 hours.

If the boy was last seen going into the bathroom at 11-11:30PM and he had seized and passed away almost immediately upon entry into the room, by the time he was found at 10AM? He would have been in full rigor mortis if the room was a normal temp.

Head wounds also bleed profusely. I am guessing there would have been a lot of blood.

Purely my opinion, but no matter how much you loved your child, unless they found that boy shortly after his death or he was still alive and barely breathing---I doubt anyone could have stomached giving him CPR.

Also, I need to get new friends who are not morticians.
  38. TheBitch Member

I keep saying the same thing about people who aren't on psych meds, but then I remember I hang out here!

[IMG]
  39. subgenius Member

fyi from fauxnews:

It could be weeks before doctors know for sure what killed John Travolta's son, Jett, says the American pathologist who performed the autopsy on Anna Nicole Smith's son, Daniel, when he died in the Bahamas in 2007.

Dr. Cyril Wecht, while not involved in 16-year-old Jett Travolta's autopsy, which is scheduled for Monday in the Bahamas, says he expects the two pathologists performing the autopsy to come up with one of three findings.

“If it’s a traumatic death of a definitive nature, they will know that today,” Wecht tells Foxnews.com, referring to reports that Jett Travolta hit his head in a fall in a bathroom in the family's vacation home.

“But a hematoma doesn’t kill you,” he says, referring to the visible knot on someone’s head resulting from blunt trauma. “But if the hematoma is associated with a fracture or hemorrhage inside the skull, called a subdural hematoma, that could lead to traumatic death.”

Dr. Wecht would be surprised, however, if a fall in a bathroom is ruled the cause of death.

“Usually a fall to the floor does not result in death,” he said. “There is usually not enough velocity from a fall of that short a distance.”

The Travoltas have said that Jett suffered from Kawasaki disease, so “they’ll be examining that as well,” says Wecht. “It has a very low death rate, but it can cause sudden death by aneurysm.”

If both a subdural hematoma and a Kawasaki-related event are ruled out, Jett’s history of convulsive seizures could be considered.

“But if it’s a convulsive seizure disorder, they won’t find anything,” Wecht says. “There is nothing of significance to find, anatomically speaking. The only way you can make that diagnosis is if you rule out everything else, including drugs in a toxicology report. If that is the case, that could take a couple of weeks.”

Wecht performed his autopsy on Daniel Smith alongside the Bahamanian coroner, and co-signed his report. He says co-signing the report is customary unless the independent coroner submits his own as a matter of course, or if the two differ on the cause of death.

“The local pathologist takes the lead because it's his territory,” Wecht says. “The only reason you have to [file your own] is if there are some areas, or an area on which you disagree.”
  40. j0eg0d Member

Depending on which type of Depakote used, it really isn't a "good" seizure medicine - It's in the sodium class (salt) commonly used for bi-polar disorder. It can work for epilepsy, but there are better medications for seizures that are severe.

It's side effects can be raised levels of toxicity in the liver, severe abdominal pains to acute Pancreatitis, and birth defects in pregnant women.

Kawasaki Syndrome ... This kid wouldn't have KS at 16 years of age, is basically unheard of unless he was born with it and never treated.