Customize

John Travolta to adopt another child?

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Optimisticate, May 11, 2009.

1. Optimisticate Member

If this is true, and if the scilons are pushing it.... just SICK.
  2. Ann O'Nymous Member

Re: John Travolta to adopt another child?

Title is misleading.
  3. juche Member

The church has access to adoptable Scientology children?

What happened to their parents?

lol o rite
  4. Re: John Travolta to adopt another child?

Oh my.
  5. isralolcat Member

Method of disconnection #2?
  6. Anonymous Member

The previous summing was a failure WE MUST TRY AGAIN

panel3.gif
  7. Optimisticate Member

Sorry, I try to keep the titles the same as the article that I'm linking to when it's something in the media. But yes, it's misleading for the article.
  8. AnotherMrPink Member

Join the Sea Org!

You too can give a child to a celebrity.
  9. zebrafaced Member

waaaat
  10. Re: John Travolta to adopt another child?

You can't blame John for wanting another child.

It's not that he had a son who just recently passed on, making this whole event look like he's getting a replacement pet for the one that died.

OH wait...
  11. AnotherMrPink Member

Well, maybe his adopted kid won't be a defective unit this time.
  12. xenubarb Member

Strange how two Homo Novis spawned a defective unit. Them being at cause over MEST and all.
  13. AnotherMrPink Member

Oh wait! He wasn't deffective, I forgot it was the floor cleaner......
  14. Anonymous Member

has miscavige been breeding again?
  15. azonymous Member

This is what I expected...
  16. Re: John Travolta to adopt another child?

DM doesn't breed. He becomes insanely jealous of the baby being taller than him.

Also, if it's a boy, penis envy.
  17. Ann O'Nymous Member

Learn to bracket.
  18. zebrafaced Member

This just increases my disgust at living near him.

Edit: That is, if it's trufax. For now, I'll popcorn.
  19. whosit Member

Kids are just like puppies, right? Lose one just go and get another.
  20. SaulTigh Member

Why is this upsetting to anybody? What's wrong with wanting to adopt a child to try to make one's family whole again after a tragic loss? Seriously? I've got no emotional investment in this one way or the other. I'm more just interested in how anyone could find this "sick" as the OP said. What is wrong with adopting a child?

Besides, if you believe that this is true, if you believe the source in the article, you should note that this same source said that the Travoltas are still emotionally devastated by their son's death. So again, why the outrage?
  21. xenubarb Member

Sea Org children already HAVE parents!

Kids are not some commodity to be gifted to Scientology's special celebrities. WTF is wrong with you?
  22. Ann O'Nymous Member

If one does not fully accept the loss, the new kid might be brought up as a mere replacement. No good.
  23. Re: John Travolta to adopt another child?

I would just like to take this opportunity to say "I told you so".

I said he would deal with his grief by finding his reincarnated son in a scientology family in a few months and becoming a big part of his life.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/298-...eston-pushing-through-grieving-process-39704/
    "John will find a young attractive couple and be "godfather" to their child, and when the child looks him in the eyes, he will see JETT. He has probably already found out "in session" that Jett is back."
  24. Anon-007 Member

Priceless!

This is perfect material for stand up ;)
  25. Optimisticate Member

1 - Same adoption agency as Tom & Nicole.

1 - Access to adoptable scilon babies?

1+1 usually equals 2. Put those two things above together and see what you get.

And here

Makeup brackets:

{{{{{}}}}}}
    [[[[[[[]]]]]]]]
    ((((((())))))))

:)
  26. xenubarb Member

Needs caption. Coffee not working for me today:

travoltaadopt.jpg
  27. RightOn Member

I hope this isn't true.... Cause they should not bring one more child up in the cult.

It seems to be on many gossip sites, but no news sites.. so I will wait to believe it.
  28. RightOn Member

This sort of celebrity support sounds SO familair.... hmmmmm.
  29. Major Boyle Member

Captain: FREAK OUT Finding out your dad is a Scientologist who starred in "Staying Alive"
  30. whosit Member

Not that this is actually important in any way - its just annoying. From reading the article a source is quoted as saying that the nine year old daughter thinks its a good idea to adopt another child so her parents can smile.

Just like a dog that got hit by a car - get a new dog. I guess whatever gets you through the night. Problem solved. Next.

With all that said, we know how well researched most (not all) tabloid articles are. Taken with a grain of salt.
  31. xenubarb Member

Some sea org parent will be ordered to hand their kid over to JT.

Visit the Cadet Org Pound, for all your parental needs.
    Celebrities only!
  32. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice.
  33. SaulTigh Member

At least you're approaching this with a modicum of critical thought. But here's the problem. You're just projecting your own theory that he's just buying a replacement kid onto the situation. Neither you, nor I, nor anyone other than the Travoltas actually knows their motives. However, the most reasonable assumption, if this gossip story is true, is that they want to adopt to try and fill the void left by Jett. That's what the source said and that's something that people sometimes do when they suffer the death of a child. If the Travoltas did adopt in this situation, it would hardly be unique.

That doesn't mean they just forget he ever existed and never think about him again. It means they, as a family, try to move forward with their lives. Why should they stay miserable? Why shouldn't they adopt another child if it will bring joy back into their lives? Do they not deserve to be happy because they're scientologists? I'm sorry but I can't help but feel that if the Travoltas weren't scientologists, people here would be reacting much differently to this information. Then again, now I'm projecting motive onto others.

Look, people deal with death in different ways. The death of a child is particularly traumatic. Some people choose to move forward by embracing life, and adopting a child- bringing new life into the family, is one such way of doing so.
  34. LocalSP Member

Hey Zebrafaced, sneak over to Travolta's house at night and let the air out of his planes tires.
  35. whosit Member

I get were you are coming from and actually "how" they deal with it really isn't anyone's business outside of their family. And none of us actually can say with any type of certainty what they are feeling or thinking. Am I projecting? Yup. But there is the old saying "Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one." So this is just my opinion.
  36. Cune Member

One less Sea Org fetus for the LA Planned Parenthood furnace.
  37. SaulTigh Member

Fair enough. Like I said, at least you're thinking rationally.
  38. Ann O'Nymous Member

You put the adults first, I do put the child first.
  39. Snake Member

Hey at least its about time they put all those abandoned Sea Org children to good use!
  40. SaulTigh Member

The question of the welfare of the child still hinges upon whether or not the Travoltas are doing this to make their family whole again, or if they're just replacing Jett like he's a goldfish. If the first scenario is the case, and I think it is the more likely scenario, then the child will be adopted into a loving household. I don't think anyone here ever doubted that the Travoltas truly loved their kids. That's a good thing for the adopted child. But yes, you are right, if they simply try to "replace" Jett, that probably is not the best situation for an adopted child.

Having said all of that, I stand by my initial arguments. I just don't see why anyone should react to this with outrage or disgust. Perhaps concern, but certainly not the hyperbole displayed thus far in this thread. To work oneself into a frenzy of righteous outrage seems to me, at this point in time, to be sophistry.