Customize

July 13, 2013 Atlanta GA Scientology Watching

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by ravenanon, Jul 12, 2013.

1. ravenanon Member

I was sent something a few days ago, but we do not have time to get a permit to protest in Sandy Springs.

The Scientology IAS Freedom Medal winner Bud Reichel will be at the IAS event which is being held at the ideal org building this Sat.

Part of the message is copy pasta here:

This is the TURNING POINT
    in our recognition as a religion.
    It is the story EVERY SCIENTOLOGIST needs to know.
    Even if you were there 20 years ago or saw this event before, you will want to see it again.

SATURDAY, JULY 13th
    event begins at 6:00pm with an Italian dinner

in the newly renovated event space of our Ideal Org Building
    5395 Roswell Rd
    Atlanta, GA 30324

I contacted Sandy Springs about protest rules and laws for that city. I had an emailed convo with a Captain who let us know a special event application must be filled out, etc etc...

Basically with zero time to get an application turned in and approved I'm heading down to take a peek and see what is up from the public sidewalk with a few strolls around the area. I'll take pics and post them later.

The official cult stance is the building has been remodeled. The only thing I have seen change is a few dumpsters get filled and and the grass is being mowed slightly better/more often by Deb the cult representative.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Salojin Member

Toasting in an interesting bread.
  3. OTeleventy Member

I actually laughed at that. Funny. I say that kind of shit all the time. I think I need an MRI.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

It seems that many orgs are supposed to hold the same event on the same day same hour in different time zones. But the one in Clearwater got cancelled. How about the west coast?
  5. Bubbles Member

Please check to see if the squirrel is still living rent free in their attic, and leave a love offering for our furry anon.

tumblr_masalw9swx1r46ws2o1_500.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. The Wrong Guy Member

Not an Ideal Situation in Atlanta

By Tony Ortega

A year ago, the city of Sandy Springs, Georgia fought a tough legal battle with the Church of Scientology, which insisted it needed to expand as it built a new church in that Atlanta suburb. Naturally, Scientology played the religious discrimination card, and the city, which had resisted a zoning change for the church, ultimately lost the fight.

But hey, a year later, Scientology’s new church is a thriving asset to the community, right? Isn’t that what they were fighting for?

Um, no. You see, in Scientology’s “Ideal Org” program, local church members are subjected to rounds of intense fundraising in order to purchase and then later renovate properties. In the meantime, they can sit empty for years. And sure enough, the building in Sandy Springs hasn’t had a thing done to it, and is becoming an eyesore. The city is not amused. WSB-TV has a good report:

The article continues with open comments here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/10/17/st...wkins-helps-us-get-our-scientology-ethics-in/
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. ravenanon Member

From July 16th http://www.flickr.com/photos/30174025@N08/sets/72157636657533756/

I fail getting pics from flickr over here hence the boring link above. I have a few newer ones I'll get up today on flickr.
    It looks like a run down mess and has trash all over it. I really don't take many pics lately because nothing changes there.
    Further more the nice front section that they never owned, but tried to pretend they owned is being used by Sandy Springs ( the real owner) to expand the intersection next to them. Should make the traffic flow better and safer and create more noise for the cult to hear.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. ravenanon Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Your photo set gives me more meaning to the term abandoned! Thanks!
  12. DeathHamster Member

"Sales Office" - Accidental truth in advertising.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Anonymous Member

ikr? I thought maybe the cult had embraced truth in advertising too, then I realized they must not have word cleared the sign yet.