Customize

June 13 - Atlanta Georgia - Post-Game

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by LolitaTrap, Jun 13, 2009.

1. LolitaTrap Member

June 13 - Atlanta Georgia - Post-Game

Good job Atlanta. We had lulz, caek, music, danced, and protested. Next month we will be moving the time back to be between 4:20 and 7:11 to avoid the heat.

Also, I loved everyone's pirate outfits and the EPIC CAEK. Pics soon.
  2. ultrapoet Member

re: June 13 - Atlanta Georgia - Post-Game

And bicycle tech. Don't forget the bicycle tech.

Many honks, waves and thumbs up from passers by.

Too exhausted to give details, just waving howdy at the ATLiens before flopping in bed for a nap.
  3. Deadsociety Member

re: June 13 - Atlanta Georgia - Post-Game

I was not able to make it to this protest, I wish I did, Last year I was there and almost got locked up for what the cops felt was obscene behavior.

Next month I do plan on being there, Hopefully someone got this month's on video for youtube.
  4. Stutroup Member

Re: June 13 - Atlanta Georgia - Post-Game

We had MOAR horn honks and waves then EVER! It was truly epic!

We had pirates, pirates, and pirates of other sorts.

"GET A JOB!" guy stopped by, and didn't realize he didn't have time to turn into the org parking lot just after yelling so someone got in a "BUT IT'S SATURDAY!" or something, and maybe something about not being int he cult.

At one point, a lady yelled "FREEEEDOOMMM OFFF REEELIIGIOONNN!" across our WHOLE picket line. We laughed.

The cake was EPIC! Pirates would all be jealous of it!

Pics before TOO long, but I'll get to work ont hem right away.
  5. AquaMan Member

I know I've said I'd get pix up then not post, but I brought the USB cable for my cam to feed the computer I'm borrowing at the moment, and I think Raven plans bodily harm if I don't post the pix NAO.

Unfortunately, my MP3 player through boombox didn't work, as apparently the 'box doesn't amplify the aux-in input, and since the player is meant to play through headphones, it doesn't get very loud. Fortunately I had /b/lackup, in the form of the old ATL raid CD with Voice's playlist. Unfortunately x2, this meant no piratey stuff, and none of the playlist additions I made to tweak the lulziness up a tad.

Anyway, epicness was had, pix coming tonight (I do have to edit them a bit for size, cropping, and such), so I don't wake up tomorrow morning with... well, actually, not wake up in the morning, period. Or ever. :p
  6. LolitaTrap Member

DSC04369.jpg

DSC04366.jpg

DSC04371.jpg

DSC04370.jpg

DSC04365.jpg

DSC04360.jpg

DSC04362.jpg

DSC04361.jpg

DSC04364.jpg

DSC04355.jpg

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sorry for the blue ones. I didn't realize I had the camera set to indoor mode when I took those.
  7. Anonymous Member

That is an EPIC cake! Great job.
  8. Stutroup Member

My small images contribution!

LOTS of piratey people were out there, and the public LOVED us!
    xcq109.jpg

k3kvq.jpg

And we return salutations to the Hamburg anonswith our caek! (It's in part with the German flag ont he back)

Here it is, before we added the sails.

The vessel is fully staffed.
    2ywakx1.jpg

qoekpc.jpg

The failwinds has been reduced (symbolically) to a fluff of blue asbestos, and the Sceintologists are stranded on a desert aisle! Miscavige is haunted by Hubbard, Tom Cruise is TICKED!
    f4qsjp.jpg

........... is John Travolta peeing int he water and laughing about it?
    359mv7o.jpg
  9. ethercat Member

Total Posts
    Last Post: June 13 - Atlanta Georgia - Post-Game 2 Hours Ago 07:03 PM

There were no such instances at our pirate raid last year, or at any of our other raids, for that matter.

We have had good relationships with all of our police since the unfortunate incident in March 2008, prompted by the lies the scientologists told the police about us. We straightened that out and the police realized they had been duped.

There is one advantage to being the relatively small and close-knit group that we are - we recognize anyone who has been to our raids since April 2008. We don't recognize you.
  10. mefree Member

Lots of honks, waves and good conversation with passersby. Where did all of those pirates come from?
  11. Anonymous Member

now thats one helluva cake
  12. AquaMan Member

Dammit, I had a big post ready to go, and I lost it all thanks to forgetting that IE(ww) doesn't do tabs, and opens links (like the one I was checking in a preview, to make sure it went the right place) in the same window.

One more time, because to not post means Raven hurts me in a bad way (as opposed to a good one)...

Apologies for the crappier than normal pix, I forgot to check the still shot settings on my camcorder.

full album.

DSC00073.jpg

Arr, me hearties! Here be our ship.

DSC00077.jpg

Our treasure chest, next to the memorial left on Thursday night (June 11), the anniversary of the day Patrick Desmond died in the "care" of NarCONon of GA

DSC00080.jpg

The ship in full sailing rig.

DSC00081.jpg

Yes, he did spend much of our time there with that bottle on his head.

DSC00082.jpg

Our resident trap demonstrating Bicycle Tech.

DSC00095.jpg

Why, no, the sword isn't compensating for anything, honest.

(Yes, CWA, that's the one you gave our traveling anon when he visited y'all.)

DSC00097.jpg

Proof that ATL is now full of ship.

(Yes, I know it works better spoken.)

DSC00098.jpg

Lazy anons are lazy. And old.

DSC00100.jpg

It's the real thing. (see planning thread for context)

DSC00102.jpg

Another anon demonstrating Bicycle Tech.

[IMG]

The last /b/tard in the ATL(?)
  13. mad kow Member

I had a blast. Saw my old friends, made some new friends. Got slightly sunburned and it's been several hours now since the picket and I feel like my pirate hat is still on top of my head.

Oh yea. DAMN I look fat in those pictures.

Mad (FAT) Kow
  14. conatus Member

ATL ftw!

Fabulous caek is fabulous, and you've got quite the cast of characters there . . . nice to know there is another city with non-masked Anons!
  15. AquaMan Member

Part of me would like to say that if it were legal (it's not, GA state law made in response to KKKlowns) some would be going masked, but the truth of the matter is with humidity so high you're almost breathing water, and temps 90+, masks get hot fast.
  16. Ogsonofgroo Member

Right on Atlanons!
    That is one of the most epics of caeks, hard to make food funny & insightful LOl!
    Looked ta be a great time!

:)
  17. charlie Member

great pics and cake
  18. ravenanon Member

Aqua who u calling old! I just prefer to eat sitting down. :p

ATL Bakers Guild Salutes Hamburg Bakers Guild!

The other flags were SC, AL, and of course GA. I never realized how dorky AL's flag was until this.

More stuff and attention seeking to come.
  19. anon0004 Member

the advanced caek tech is always an international highlight of your protest
  20. Anon1720 Member

Great raid Atlanta Anons and best cake evar!
  21. Xenuphobe Member

Oh - let's not forget...

Towards the end of the protest, a couple of college-aged-looking girls (maybe 18 or 19 y.o.) walked up to us on the sidewalk and started asking questions. They stayed around for a awhile, and we're still a bit unsure on whether or not they were Scientologists.

I didn't hear every bit of their conversation, but this is what I did observe (apologies for upcoming wall of text)....

1. They weren't wearing any certain clothing that was recognizable as Scn-related, just t-shirts/tank tops and baggy pants.

2. They didn't take any pictures of us, but one kept removing a phone or camera from her pocket and fiddling with it before putting it back in her pocket. [tinfoil]An audio recording device, maybe?[/tinfoil]

3. They did start taking a mildly contradictory tone when some of us explained why we were protesting. One of them in particular seemed to like arguing opposite points to whatever anyone said. Sometimes it seemed like she was just a typical confrontational type who likes to debate, BUT she did use a few generic talking points that Scientologists often use, eg: "Why are you protesting this group when there's bigger things to protest?" , "This is a religion - what about freedom of religion?" , "Aren't all religions guilty of lying and brainwashing to some extent?" etc...

4. During lulls in the protest-related discussion with them, I noticed they made a few pointless observational statements, seemingly to keep the conversation going with certain protesters. Like when a protester who had been sitting on the grass in front of them stood up and brushed himself off, one said something like "Oh, are there ants there? You have to watch out for those." or some such non-sequitur that struck me as a bit odd and perhaps calculated.

5. Despite these girls being somewhat attractive, our male Anons mostly kept their distance. A couple of us just individually asked a question or two, then went on with our protesting. At no time were these girls a focal point of attention for a group of male Anons, and our female Anons handled most of their questions after it became apparent that the girls were hanging around for awhile.
    If they were intended as some kind of distraction or 8C handling exercise, it didn't work, as we kept on holding our signs and protesting as usual while they were there.

6. Here's the kicker -- when the girls finally left (back the way they came, we noticed, instead of continuing on in the direction they were first walking), they started holding hands. Lesbians? Pretending to be lesbians for distraction from their potential Scilon-ness? Trying to determine if our "group" doesn't like gays? Who knows?

tl;dr : Two mildly attractive young women came up and asked us some questions and debated us a bit in a somewhat suspicious manner. Scilons using hottie-tech? Undecided at this point.
  22. RightOn Member

Wow awesome signage!!!
    and that cake is supa fabulous.. sad to see it chopped up.
    It was a work of art.
    Great job Lanta!
  23. Re: June 13 - Atlanta Georgia - Post-Game

Wall o Lulz

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  24. AquaMan Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but at least for me part of this was probably due to memories of last year's Sea Arrrgh, where an attractive anon was swarmed by male anons, probably scaring her enough to explain her never being seen again after that raid.

Well, that and I'm mostly a signfag because I'm not exactly the world's greatest spoken conversationalist. There's no "edit post" button in RL. :p
  25. LolitaTrap Member

Those girls were gay. You could just tell before they were holding hands. The one had a girl scouts camp staff shirt on, so she was obviously a lesbian.
  26. ntnmf Member

awesome job, hotlantanons. LOVE the cake! very talented.

i lol everytime i see y'all without RIOT police across the street.
  27. Xenuphobe Member

I should have broken out the "Hubbard said gays are 1.1 'covert hostile' on the Tone Scale" info. >_<
  28. pwnon Member

EPIC caek, guise. <3 the reppin' of SC you guys gave. Who's up for a little trip down to NC soon? You're all welcome whenever you want to do something with us (except Jedi. He scares me. >_> ).

EDIT:

Also, kudos on keeping your distance for the attractive bait. And the kudos goes to whoever held Stu back, of course. >_>
  29. AnonymousATL Member

Wow, major props to the cake and its maker(s)
  30. LolitaTrap Member

ATL caeks are always the best. It was just another in a long line of winning caeks.
  31. rawrz Member

Where's that cute anon girl with the ferret? :mad:
  32. tallyanon Member

Awesome caek guys :)
    congrats on the lulz.
  33. ravenanon Member

Its waaayyy to hot here for ferrets to run around
  34. Lorelei Member

I don't know how "cute" I am, but I'm Murphy the ferret's "mom," and Murphy and I had to sit this one out due to grad school responsibilities (and the heat...ferrets don't handle temperatures over 75o-80oF very well). We missed our ATLanon homies!

I did a little recon in another part of the state with bizcards that week.
  35. AnonyMary Member

As always, Atlanta Anons surpass the last with great lulzy pics and excellent signs and best caeks. Love you guys!

Mary
  36. Lorelei Member

Thanks, Mary! We less than three you, too.
  37. rawrz Member

You're making it harder and harder for me to internet stalk you :3
  38. anonymous612 Member

FFFUUUUU-- IS THAT A CAKE OR A SCHOOL SCIENCE PROJECT? I was sure CW had it in the bag this time with the "HEATSTROKE YHBT" cake, but damn. D:

xDD Nice sword, Xenuphobe, where can I get one?

<3 you guise :D
  39. Lorelei Member

LOL!

Is this the Anon equivalent of a/s/l?

I less than three you too, rawrz.